• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Batesville vs Wynne

Started by The_Nation, October 08, 2010, 10:51:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Daman99

Of course fans go crazy when stuff benefits there team? That's called chearing! It helps your team win games. But whatever. Batesville is good. So is wynne. I feel for the wynne players and hope they get another chance in the playoffs. 

86jacketstchamps

Quote from: *Coach on October 15, 2010, 11:57:05 pm
Making excuses for winning, naa.

Okay, you don't like our fans. We get it. I bet those high schoolers at wynne have never heard a cuss word before. Anything else about our fans y'all want to cry about while your pitty party is at full strength?

Ok, here is my take on it..... I think that if you or anyone you know that yelled and cussed high school kids that were simply broadcasting the game, then you are a flat out yellow coward.  I for one would love to know who it is, and once the film is reviewed I hope to introduce myself to him.  If you feel the need to discuss this, believe me I will gladly share who I am, and I doubt it would be hard to find out. 

Celebrating a win is absolutely a part of the game, but to tell someone to shut up and then proceed to cuss the broadcast teacher, is well.....let's say total chicken @hit!  If you have a problem understanding that or disagreeing with it, then you don't matter much anyways.

BHS

Daman99

Coach you ARE the reason people hate batesville. Your kid was probably the one cussing the girls in the endzone.

Daman99

Since cussing ha kids is ok to you right?

BHS

Good game, good night! Good luck the rest of the year! Hopefully you can get the 3 seed and upset somebody in the playoffs to represent the east. It was an instant classic tonight, no doubt.

P.s. People hatE anybody that is considered a rival. Believe it or not, some people even hate wynne folks! Crazy world we live in, I know!

86jacketstchamps

Quote from: *Coach on October 16, 2010, 12:32:43 am
Good game, good night! Good luck the rest of the year! Hopefully you can get the 3 seed and upset somebody in the playoffs to represent the east. It was an instant classic tonight, no doubt.

P.s. People hatE anybody that is considered a rival. Believe it or not, some people even hate wynne folks! Crazy world we live in, I know!

Your wrong....Having a rival should bring out the best in a team and it's fans...Not the worst!

BluffHawg

Quote from: 86jacketstchamps on October 16, 2010, 12:34:15 am

Your wrong....Having a rival should bring out the best in a team and it's fans...Not the worst!

Sounds like it was a great game.....would've loved to have seen it!!!

86jacketstchamps

Quote from: BluffHawg on October 16, 2010, 12:37:16 am

It was and the sad thing is, that a lot of this discussion surrounds adults making the choice to deride and say things that were totally uncalled for to students who were broadcasting the game for their class and school.   When asked politely to leave them alone, the response was something along the lines of "come here and make me"...This from an adult male(coward with no balls) to a female broadcast sponsor.

BluffHawg

Quote from: 86jacketstchamps on October 16, 2010, 12:40:07 am

It was and the sad thing is, that a lot of this discussion surrounds adults making the choice to deride and say things that were totally uncalled for to students who were broadcasting the game for their class and school.   When asked politely to leave them alone, the response was something along the lines of "come here and make me"...This from an adult male(coward with no balls) to a female broadcast sponsor.
Sorry to hear that happened......It's pretty obvious it was a hard fought game and it would be nice if you could focus on the efforts on the  field and forget about the idiots in the stands........I guess that'll happen from time to time though

Rampage72501

October 16, 2010, 12:48:28 am #111 Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 12:52:22 am by Rampage72501
Just got back.  Shame the first thing I start reading is a bunch of negative posts.

It's also a shame someone had to lose the game, and an even bigger shame that Wynne lost it the way they did.  Has to be heartbreaking.  You guys have a fine football team, and I think you guys will do the East proud in the post-season.  Ya'll are almost back to the Wynne everyone expects, which is always good for Arkansas High School Football.

We can second guess the Wynne coaching staff all night long, but hindsight is always 20-20.  I've had a lot of time to think it through on the drive home, and I think I know what your coach could have been thinking.  If ya'll hold on and win, Batesville wins it's last 3, and Beebe wins their next 2 and loses to Batesville, the old dreaded prefect triangle scenario would exist, and points would determine the order of head to head comparison.  If that were to happen and Wynne finishes behind Beebe and Batesville in the points, Wynne not only doesn't get the one seed, they would drop to the 3 and go on the road.  I don't know that I wouldn't have tried to put the ball in the endzone as well, probably just wouldn't have pitched it.

Batesville did not bring their A game tonight.  Too many mistakes, especially penalties.  The officiating crew in question is supposed to be one of the better crews in the state.  If I am not mistaken, they've called the state championship game the last 3 years.  In the heat of the moment, I know I was not impressed with them, but I want to see the film before I say anything else.  Losing Cody Vaughn to the injury is going to be a HUGE blow on both sides of the football.  Hopefully the surgery will be successful and he can get back if we're able to put together a deep playoff run.

If any of our players said what they are being accused of saying, there's no place for it.  I understand kids get caught up in the heat of the moment, but something like that is uncalled for.  Good programs don't need to pull stuff like that - their play on the field does their talking.  As for our fans, I'm not sure who it was or what exactly was said, but stuff like that just should not happen.  It's just as easy for fans to get caught up in the moment as the players, but I would rather lose with dignity than win and be thought of as an butt..  I'm sure I'll catch a lot of flack from some of my own, but the Pioneer Nation needs to act like we've been there.  We should strive to be the fan base other people want to be like, not the fan base that no one wants to see show up at their place.

Whew, enough for now.  I need to unwind even more.  I'm sure we'll be talking about this all weekend.  Good game, Delta Swarm.  Hope you win out and make some noise in the playoffs.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Rampage72501 on October 16, 2010, 12:48:28 amIf any of our players said what they are being accused of saying, there's no place for it.  I understand kids get caught up in the heat of the moment, but something like that is uncalled for. 

Quite a few girls were pretty ticked off.  If someone just has to cuss, hey, cuss at me or the other guys.  We're men, we can take it.  It just shouldn't be done to any female.

What is annoying is that most of the Batesville people are total class.  I like the town, I go there quite a bit during deer season.  I wish I could've spoken more with some of them, but I was either busy or they were.

Anyway, to the game.  Driving home I was thinking that Batesville should've scored 31.  Stalled drives, stupid penalties, missed field goals, sure, they had their chances, but the game was close because of mistakes they were making in large part because Wynne was forcing those mistakes.  It is what it is.

Standing on the Batesville side, I did get to hear some things.  Whoever #32 is, he struck me as one of the leaders on that team.  After one of their drives stalled out in the 2nd half, he told the rest of the o-line during their sit-down that they were "gonna run it down their throat".  Didn't happen, but I did notice him going around and encouraging the other o-linemen at different points in the game, as a team leader does.

Side note: what type of injury did Vaughn have?

86jacketstchamps

Quote from: BluffHawg on October 16, 2010, 12:47:48 am
Quote from: 86jacketstchamps on October 16, 2010, 12:40:07 am

Sorry to hear that happened......It's pretty obvious it was a hard fought game and it would be nice if you could focus on the efforts on the  field and forget about the idiots in the stands........I guess that'll happen from time to time though

I loved the game, but it was my wife who was cussed, and I would love to now focus on the coward that did it, if you don't mind.  If anyone who knows who did, please let me know.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: 86jacketstchamps on October 16, 2010, 12:59:38 am

I loved the game, but it was my wife who was cussed, and I would love to now focus on the coward that did it, if you don't mind.  If anyone who knows who did, please let me know.

They were those yahoos up top nearest the band, correct?  Some of those were the ones who complained about the refs often.

pioneerdad43

86jacketstchamps

Let me make it clear, I totally have nothing negative to say about the Batesville team or their coaching staff.  The game is played out, and what happened tonight is tough, but it is part of the game.  Wish we had took a different approach, but we didn't and now you have to turn such a play into the kind of thing that brings a team together even tighter.

However, there is never an excuse for an adult to say derogatory things to students who haven't said anything negative and are simply broadcasting a game from the press box.  The insults were way overboard, and this coming from our former superintendent who was sitting in the press box near them.  Our radio broadcaster who has been at the helm for years said that he has never witnessed such actions and at one point thought some were ready to get physical.   

If I was a Batesville alum, I would be ashamed and make sure that whoever these culprits are were called out in such a way that it doesn't happen again.  The kids on the field have worked too hard and given too much for their parents or for that matter bandwagon jumpers to taint the image and character of your team. 

I am as emotional and get into the game as much as anyone, but I can sit here and say that I have never acted in such a way and in my years of jacket sports....have witnessed those that do take such actions, get jerked back in line by those that truly love the sport and actually played it at one time.

Hats off to the Pioneers and Jackets, I am so proud of the effort that was given out there tonight!

86jacketstchamps

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on October 16, 2010, 01:01:59 am
Quote from: 86jacketstchamps on October 16, 2010, 12:59:38 am

They were those yahoos up top nearest the band, correct?  Some of those were the ones who complained about the refs often.

Yep, The comments are on film....and it is embarrassing to know that it is from adults talking to a one high school senior girl and 2 freshman boys who called the game tonight.  All three are solid students and doubt you could ever find anything bad on them..... Their responses were far more mature than what they were getting.

Rampage72501

October 16, 2010, 01:10:54 am #118 Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 08:21:19 pm by Rampage72501
99% sure broken ankle.  Spoke with his dad at halftime.  Surgery in the morning to put screws in.  4 to 6 week recovery if everything goes well.  Great kid and great family, probably sick of playing Wynne, and you guys ended his season last year too.

#32 is Jake Russell.  Very proud of his leadership.  His little brother's a 9th grader, and doing very well.  Glad to see we'll have the family represented for another 3 years.

Don't know anything about the adult(s) that caused the issue.  Thank Justin for pointing out we're not all trouble makers.

Again, don't judge us all by the actions of a few.  You guys are good, and yes, some of the reasons for our mistakes.  Hopefully we'll get them ironed out.

86jacketstchamps

Quote from: Rampage72501 on October 16, 2010, 12:48:28 am
Just got back.  Shame the first thing I start reading is a bunch of negative posts.

It's also a shame someone had to lose the game, and an even bigger shame that Wynne lost it the way they did.  Has to be heartbreaking.  You guys have a fine football team, and I think you guys will do the East proud in the post-season.  Ya'll are almost back to the Wynne everyone expects, which is always good for Arkansas High School Football.

We can second guess the Wynne coaching staff all night long, but hindsight is always 20-20.  I've had a lot of time to think it through on the drive home, and I think I know what your coach could have been thinking.  If ya'll hold on and win, Batesville wins it's last 3, and Beebe wins their next 2 and loses to Batesville, the old dreaded prefect triangle scenario would exist, and points would determine the order of head to head comparison.  If that were to happen and Wynne finishes behind Beebe and Batesville in the points, Wynne not only doesn't get the one seed, they would drop to the 3 and go on the road.  I don't know that I wouldn't have tried to put the ball in the endzone as well, probably just wouldn't have pitched it.

Batesville did not bring their A game tonight.  Too many mistakes, especially penalties.  The officiating crew in question is supposed to be one of the better crews in the state.  If I am not mistaken, they've called the state championship game the last 3 years.  In the heat of the moment, I know I was not impressed with them, but I want to see the film before I say anything else.  Losing Cody Vaughn to the injury is going to be a HUGE blow on both sides of the football.  Hopefully the surgery will be successful and he can get back if we're able to put together a deep playoff run.

If any of our players said what they are being accused of saying, there's no place for it.  I understand kids get caught up in the heat of the moment, but something like that is uncalled for.  Good programs don't need to pull stuff like that - their play on the field does their talking.  As for our fans, I'm not sure who it was or what exactly was said, but stuff like that just should not happen.  It's just as easy for fans to get caught up in the moment as the players, but I would rather lose with dignity than win and be thought of as an butt..  I'm sure I'll catch a lot of flack from some of my own, but the Pioneer Nation needs to act like we've been there.  We should strive to be the fan base other people want to be like, not the fan base that no one wants to see show up at their place.

Whew, enough for now.  I need to unwind even more.  I'm sure we'll be talking about this all weekend.  Good game, Delta Swarm.  Hope you win out and make some noise in the playoffs.

That is class, but then again....You have always represented your area well!   I understand that a few bad apples can spoil the bunch, but from what I have been told (and by those that usually are calm and don't exaggerate) it was appalling how the top row acted with little remorse even after the game had ended.   My wife was actually cussed by an adult male(coward) when she politely asked him to calm down and informed him that they were students....Now getting caught up in the game is one thing, but even most idiots would be able to take a step back and do the right thing....but....anyways...I digress, just wish I had a chance to get to know this gentleman.

Jacket dad

May I ask, what number was Vaughn?

Rampage72501

Jacket dad

Thanks Rampage, my son tackled #32 and twisted his leg, he limped off the field, I was hoping it wasn't the Vaughn injury. That would bother him to end someones' season, my son lost his entire Jr. year and he knows how tough that is.

Thank you also for being a voice of reason here. It was a though, hard fought game and maybe both teams can have a good, long post season.

woods

What nobody has mentioned which I'm shocked is Wynne's coaching staff was looking at tiebreaker scenarios when deciding to try to score. That would have been a huge 10 pick up if they could have scored in a tiebreaker situation.  3 way tie between BeBee-Batesville and Wynne  would have had big effect on seeding. Personally I would have done the same thing. With all the so called experts nobody looked at that angle. Great game and good luck to both teams the rest of the way.

Rampage72501

October 16, 2010, 08:33:33 am #124 Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 09:39:23 am by Rampage72501
Quote from: woods on October 16, 2010, 08:21:35 am
What nobody has mentioned which I'm shocked is Wynne's coaching staff was looking at tiebreaker scenarios when deciding to try to score. That would have been a huge 10 pick up if they could have scored in a tiebreaker situation.  3 way tie between BeBee-Batesville and Wynne  would have had big effect on seeding. Personally I would have done the same thing. With all the so called experts nobody looked at that angle. Great game and good luck to both teams the rest of the way.

I mentioned it, and just watched an interview with Dave King who said the exact same thing.  Coach Shempert was doing what 95% of the coaches in the state would have done.  If the Yellowjackets put it in the end zone there, on either the 3rd down play or 4th down play, game over and Wynne picks up 6 or 7 additional points toward tie-breakers.  If you take a knee twice at that point, the Pioneers get the ball back with less than 20 seconds, no time outs, and 95 yards to go.  No way anyone would have dreamed the ball would be (1) fumbled, (2) we recover, and (3) we're able to return it for the winning score.  That's as an improbable scenario as one could dream-up, but it played out before our eyes...

Hindsight is always 20-20, and given it to do over, Coach Shempert takes a knee twice, gets the W, and hopes the points/tie-breakers sort themselves out in the end.  I'm gonna bet there's not a single person with a bigger broken heart right now than Ray Shempert, and I'm certain he would give up a lot to take the pain away from the players and fans. 

ricefarmer

ricefarmer

Quote from: olemissjacket99 on October 16, 2010, 12:10:48 am
Great game tonight!  Even got to see my ol buddy DeAngelo Williams...man he's jacked! 
I usually ignore negative posts but can't do it this time...
Dammned if you call this or run that or take knee or kick fg's...if Wynne would have won then no negative stuff would be posted and people like Old Player wouldn't have anything to say.  You just need to stay away from Wynne period.  I am sure you smile and say hi to the coaches but as they walk away you sharpen your blade. 

What gives you the right to bad mouth the OC or any coach ?  especially when  someone close to you was a former jacket.  I have seen the previous coach's rb's and yours would have had a tuff time holding a dummy against them  let alone play.  Best thing happend for you was that the current OC came just in time for you to get PT.  Previous coach probably made him a lineman. 

IF you don't like something, don't air it out and hide behind a handle.  be a man ...no wait --be an ADULT and have a meeting with the one you have a problem with.  maybe go into coaching and then you can make all the correct calls and we can all learn from you....

Good luck Jackets the rest of the way!!....ignore negative posts and negative people.......just give a big ol wave to Old Player the next time he comes to practice just to let him know that you appreciate his support!  (maybe he will give you his playbook and or a lil trophy of himself)

ahhh....a literal "Johnny come lately" trying to show his expertise...

Is there a VB Board?  if so, bet he's showing off his other expertise as well...

Rampage72501

Quote from: Jacket dad on October 16, 2010, 01:55:59 am
Thanks Rampage, my son tackled #32 and twisted his leg, he limped off the field, I was hoping it wasn't the Vaughn injury. That would bother him to end someones' season, my son lost his entire Jr. year and he knows how tough that is.

Thank you also for being a voice of reason here. It was a though, hard fought game and maybe both teams can have a good, long post season.

32 is Jake Russell, and he's fine.  Jake got his knee banged up in the Mountain Home game (missed the following week against Nettleton), and I think he just kinda tweaked it on the play in question.  He played the second half, and I didn't see any ill effects.  All part of the game.

I'm sure Vaughn's tired of seeing the Delta Swarm.  Broke is collar bone last year against ya'll and now his ankle.  Maybe next year we should just keep him on the sidelines...  Actually, I think I'm gonna buy a cow and give it to his parents.  We'll need him on the field when the Delta Swarm comes to the hills...

27trap

October 16, 2010, 10:16:20 am #128 Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 10:19:02 am by 27trap
I am waiting on C-MAC73 to wake up and get his take on the game.........he and Rampage and other Batesville posters like themselves are why i like this site and why i come here. C-MAC reminds me of the way Tank from Wynne was a few years ago.....class acts and the way you would want your kids to be like on and off the field. I don't enjoy  *Coach  , he opens his mouth on here and  leaves no doubt about what he his. I noticed he was the 1st Batesville poster after the game and it was so fast it proved to me he had not been to the game.......a true fan......(NOT). I was glad when he left the site last nite and went to bed. I saw the young man get hurt last nite and i knew when it happened he was in pain, pray he has a fast recovery...you guys need him. My take on the fumble was simple if anyone else on the team would have picked up that ball they would have been caught......but #4 is a play maker........hats off to you. It was an classic and like Rampage said.....''sorry someone had to loose''. Good luck to the Neers in the playoffs.....hope you guys represent the EAST in the fashion we expect.

The_Pioneer

Holy crap.  Another classic Wynne/Batesville game.  I wouldn't want to be the team that faces Wynne in the first round.   

oldplayer

Quote from: olemissjacket99 on October 16, 2010, 12:10:48 am
Great game tonight!  Even got to see my ol buddy DeAngelo Williams...man he's jacked! 
I usually ignore negative posts but can't do it this time...
Dammned if you call this or run that or take knee or kick fg's...if Wynne would have won then no negative stuff would be posted and people like Old Player wouldn't have anything to say.  You just need to stay away from Wynne period.  I am sure you smile and say hi to the coaches but as they walk away you sharpen your blade. 

What gives you the right to bad mouth the OC or any coach ?  especially when  someone close to you was a former jacket.  I have seen the previous coach's rb's and yours would have had a tuff time holding a dummy against them  let alone play.  Best thing happend for you was that the current OC came just in time for you to get PT.  Previous coach probably made him a lineman. 

IF you don't like something, don't air it out and hide behind a handle.  be a man ...no wait --be an ADULT and have a meeting with the one you have a problem with.  maybe go into coaching and then you can make all the correct calls and we can all learn from you....

Good luck Jackets the rest of the way!!....ignore negative posts and negative people.......just give a big ol wave to Old Player the next time he comes to practice just to let him know that you appreciate his support!  (maybe he will give you his playbook and or a lil trophy of himself)

It's obviouse you dont know who I am. I don't even live in Wynne. I am here about 10 days a month and havent been to a FB practice in a year or so. As for the former Jacket, He's playing in college on scholorship. He's a great player and a great kid. Leave him out of it. I  did let my frustrations go a bit far. I appriciate and welcome the attention getter you have posted. I just hate seeing a silly things  cost who have worked so hard. Anyway,   I read my post again this morning I could see that I went to far and was wrong to say those things. I deserved the smack I got from OlemissJacket. The former Jacket spoken of however did not. He wore the Blue and Gold with a lot of pride and Honor and did it proud.

To the Jacket Fans on this board and those who are not. I am sorry for letting emotion and frustration overide reason..

Best of luck to the Jackets the rest of the season. I dont think I will be able to see another game but I will be checking in with friends and cheering from where I am...

BigD51

wow! what a game both teams played. close all the way through. as a player i am very sorry for some of the bad sportsman ship from a certain player and fans. i wish the best of luck to Wynne in the rest of there season.

Daman99

Just had to be #4. Haha. Anyone else I believe trail would have caught. He is a playmaker for the pioneers.

C-Mac 73

Quote from: 27trap on October 16, 2010, 10:16:20 am
I am waiting on C-MAC73 to wake up and get his take on the game.........he and Rampage and other Batesville posters like themselves are why i like this site and why i come here. C-MAC reminds me of the way Tank from Wynne was a few years ago.....class acts and the way you would want your kids to be like on and off the field. I don't enjoy  *Coach  , he opens his mouth on here and  leaves no doubt about what he his. I noticed he was the 1st Batesville poster after the game and it was so fast it proved to me he had not been to the game.......a true fan......(NOT). I was glad when he left the site last nite and went to bed. I saw the young man get hurt last nite and i knew when it happened he was in pain, pray he has a fast recovery...you guys need him. My take on the fumble was simple if anyone else on the team would have picked up that ball they would have been caught......but #4 is a play maker........hats off to you. It was an classic and like Rampage said.....''sorry someone had to loose''. Good luck to the Neers in the playoffs.....hope you guys represent the EAST in the fashion we expect.
Thanks for the compliment 27trap. I've been awake for quite awhile, Haha we got up at 9 this morning to watch film. I am pretty much still in shock after last night's game. That is the most dramatic and amazing experience of my life. From a player's standpoint, I would first like to congratulate Wynne. You guys have a heck of a team, and like The Pioneer said, I truly feel sorry for the team who plays you guys in the first round. It was a classic Batesville/Wynne game.  Both teams were very physical last night and both teams gave literally 110%. It could have gone either way. Some may say Batesville got lucky because Wynne should have taken the knee. Others have said Wynne shouldn't even be in the game because we had two touchdowns called back. Some say the officiating was terrible (By the way, I WAS THE PLAYER CALLED FOR THE HOLD when the first touchdown was called back, and I can honestly say after watching the film that I wasn't holding). But ya know, That's football. That's how this game works. You aren't gonna have everything go perfect in a game. You have to overcome adversity and forget making excuses. Wynne and Batesville both caught some lucky breaks and the cards just happened to fall into place for us with 50 seconds left. By the way, to Uncle Ivan, I'm not sure who made the "f*ing b*tch" comment, but I will take the responsibility for my teammate and apologize for it. This game should be a lesson to both teams to NEVER give up in a football game. To all the Wynne players, Thank you for the competition last night and Good luck on the rest of your season

(P.S., User: Show_870 is my hero. I'm sure you can all figure out who that is.  ;))

C-Mac 73

By the way Rampage, the YouTube video is great!

Leather Head

October 16, 2010, 02:23:57 pm #135 Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 09:43:24 am by Leather Head
 Hey i hope to beat Wynne everytime we play them, but i will also say one year when Batesville was out of it, Wynne played PA i sit on the Wynne side and cheered like it was Batesville. I respect Wynne , i think those Wynne fans couldnt belive we were the cheering for them, all i know i met some great people.

olemissjacket99

It's obviouse you dont know who I am. I don't even live in Wynne. I am here about 10 days a month and havent been to a FB practice in a year or so. As for the former Jacket, He's playing in college on scholorship. He's a great player and a great kid. Leave him out of it. I  did let my frustrations go a bit far. I appriciate and welcome the attention getter you have posted. I just hate seeing a silly things  cost who have worked so hard. Anyway,   I read my post again this morning I could see that I went to far and was wrong to say those things. I deserved the smack I got from OlemissJacket. The former Jacket spoken of however did not. He wore the Blue and Gold with a lot of pride and Honor and did it proud.

To the Jacket Fans on this board and those who are not. I am sorry for letting emotion and frustration overide reason..

Best of luck to the Jackets the rest of the season. I dont think I will be able to see another game but I will be checking in with friends and cheering from where I am...
[/quote]

whatever.....we all know J who you are ...see ya O at the H next vb N game...keep hiding behind L your "old player" name....E so you can M berate our K coaches again.  hope E vb wins it S all or their coaches will R get the "DADDY COACHING 101"...

27trap

C-MAC......I watched you most of the game and I didn't see that play that you were called for holding, but on the 2nd called back TD I think the refs said it was an illegal formation......from the film could you tell or not if you guys had enough guys on the line, our coaches were hollering about that and then the ref. finally called it, if that was what it was you guys need to get that straight. C-MAC it is not on your back to apologize for that player or some of the fans.........we have had players like that in the past and I know we have some fans like that.......right now...... and  every town does. C-MAC I bet with your size that guy or fan wouldn't say those things to you.......you could handle them............good luck guys with the rest of your season.

C-Mac 73

Quote from: 27trap on October 16, 2010, 02:29:34 pm
C-MAC......I watched you most of the game and I didn't see that play that you were called for holding, but on the 2nd called back TD I think the refs said it was an illegal formation......from the film could you tell or not if you guys had enough guys on the line, our coaches were hollering about that and then the ref. finally called it, if that was what it was you guys need to get that straight. C-MAC it is not on your back to apologize for that player or some of the fans.........we have had players like that in the past and I know we have some fans like that.......right now...... and  every town does. C-MAC I bet with your size that guy or fan wouldn't say those things to you.......you could handle them............good luck guys with the rest of your season.
We addressed the illegal formation issue this morning as well. The officials got it right. We had guys off the line of scrimmage throughout the game, and we're gonna have to work on that in practice this week. Good luck to y'all too 27trap, hope everything works out for you in the upcoming weeks.

BHS

I was at the game. Saw every minute. I just happen to have a phone that you can use on this site, just like I'm posting now....and you don't have to like me. I didn't ask you to.

downwithit

If a Batesville player cussed a little girl in the endone, then he should sit his butt on the bench for the rest of the year....  I am a lifelong Pioneer and will never be anything but a Pioneer. Having said that I ask that the next comment is taken for exactly what it says and please read nothing else into it. Fans are going to be passionate. While I don't agree with being disrespectful, I think the stadium situation needs to be considered. I can think of no other stadium where the pressbox, including official clock, home team radio and all pressbox activities are carried out on the visitors side. This is a recipe for disaster and can lead to the events of last night. There is a reason that pressbox activities, especially time keeping and home oriented supporters are stationed on the home side in most if not all other stadiums. Again, please take this for exactly what it says and think before reacting. I DO NOT condone disrespectful activities... But....

NeverQuit

It makes me sad that some of our fans apparently spoke very rudely to Wynne personnel in the press box.  It is very unfortunate that Wynne has it's press box on the visitor side of the field with open windows at almost eye level.  I doubt this is the first time ever that an opposing fan has yelled through those windows at clock keepers and others who were there.  Everyone knows that high school football gets really rowdy sometimes, and last night was no exception.  It's also unfortunate that Wynne students were allowed to be so close to the end zone.  I haven't been to any other football stadium (and no, I haven't been to every stadium) where kids were allowed that close to players, especially the opposing team.  I'm certainly not excusing bad behavior, but maybe that's something for Wynne to think about. 

It was a great game played by two great teams.  Wynne #7 (I think) was under the Batesville stands after the game (IDK why), and when he came out, more than one Batesville fan congratulated him on a great game, and he graciously thanked them.  He was a class act.

Daman99

#7 was just in cobb and he was there for a post game interview. And yes he is a very respectful young man who plays hard every down.

86jacketstchamps

Quote from: C-Mac 73 on October 16, 2010, 01:12:08 pm
Thanks for the compliment 27trap. I've been awake for quite awhile, Haha we got up at 9 this morning to watch film. I am pretty much still in shock after last night's game. That is the most dramatic and amazing experience of my life. From a player's standpoint, I would first like to congratulate Wynne. You guys have a heck of a team, and like The Pioneer said, I truly feel sorry for the team who plays you guys in the first round. It was a classic Batesville/Wynne game.  Both teams were very physical last night and both teams gave literally 110%. It could have gone either way. Some may say Batesville got lucky because Wynne should have taken the knee. Others have said Wynne shouldn't even be in the game because we had two touchdowns called back. Some say the officiating was terrible (By the way, I WAS THE PLAYER CALLED FOR THE HOLD when the first touchdown was called back, and I can honestly say after watching the film that I wasn't holding). But ya know, That's football. That's how this game works. You aren't gonna have everything go perfect in a game. You have to overcome adversity and forget making excuses. Wynne and Batesville both caught some lucky breaks and the cards just happened to fall into place for us with 50 seconds left. By the way, to Uncle Ivan, I'm not sure who made the "f*ing b*tch" comment, but I will take the responsibility for my teammate and apologize for it. This game should be a lesson to both teams to NEVER give up in a football game. To all the Wynne players, Thank you for the competition last night and Good luck on the rest of your season

(P.S., User: Show_870 is my hero. I'm sure you can all figure out who that is.  ;))

That is class and you sure gained my respect young man!  I wish you the best and felt that last nights game was one for the ages.  Both teams played well, with the mistakes on both sides being made due to the pressure and opposing teams efforts.  I love the game of football, and I love it even when the ball bounces the other way......

I hate that a young man let his emotions get the best of him to make such comments and I also hate that some adults chose to act in such a way to deter from a solid team effort which they were there to support. 

Play hard and I wish you the best and hopefully we can play this one again this year..... That would be a win/win for the East for sure.

86jacketstchamps

Quote from: NeverQuit on October 16, 2010, 03:39:45 pm
It makes me sad that some of our fans apparently spoke very rudely to Wynne personnel in the press box.  It is very unfortunate that Wynne has it's press box on the visitor side of the field with open windows at almost eye level.  I doubt this is the first time ever that an opposing fan has yelled through those windows at clock keepers and others who were there.  Everyone knows that high school football gets really rowdy sometimes, and last night was no exception.  It's also unfortunate that Wynne students were allowed to be so close to the end zone.  I haven't been to any other football stadium (and no, I haven't been to every stadium) where kids were allowed that close to players, especially the opposing team.  I'm certainly not excusing bad behavior, but maybe that's something for Wynne to think about. 

It was a great game played by two great teams.  Wynne #7 (I think) was under the Batesville stands after the game (IDK why), and when he came out, more than one Batesville fan congratulated him on a great game, and he graciously thanked them.  He was a class act.

In regards to the girls in the endzone, they normally are not there but that was a social club called JPC which has been active all week with the breast cancer awareness.  They were simply pooling together for recognition, which made it even more unfortunate that the comment was made.  I had hoped that it might have been exaggerated some, but found out today from an administrator that in fact it was said, and that a Batesville parent even heard it and was very apologetic. 

Now, in regards to the Press Box being on the visitors side, my wife has been handling the student broadcasts for basically 17 years.  That was by far the worst situation, and in fact the first time that an adult actually addressed the kids directly.  Are there times that comments are said loud enough to be heard on purpose, absolutely....However, this invalid actually pulled himself up and stuck his head in the window to express his delight in a very poor way.  I also have done play by play for her over the years to fill in for students at times, and can recall only one exchange and that being PA in a playoff game.  A fan made a rude comment to a call that was made, and before we were fixing to ask him to remember to hold certain words down, we were beaten to the punch by another PA fan who put him in his place quickly.   The guy actually apologized after the game, and we had a great conversation and a laugh over it. 

Point being, everyone loses their cool at times, what was so concerning to me was when this grown man was asked to please not chastize the kids, he then proceeded to do the same to their female sponsor in front of them. 

Of course, he doesn't represent the Pioneer nation as a whole.....but if anyone knows who it is.....I would love to take him to dinner.... LOL

86jacketstchamps

Also, understand...we would love to have our press box on the other side....and in fact it used to be.... However, when it needed updating and expansion, there was no way to do so on the other side due to the utilities and close proximity to current structure of the cafeteria and building.

downwithit

Quote from: 86jacketstchamps on October 16, 2010, 04:52:15 pm
Also, understand...we would love to have our press box on the other side....and in fact it used to be.... However, when it needed updating and expansion, there was no way to do so on the other side due to the utilities and close proximity to current structure of the cafeteria and building.

I say---just switch the sides. 

C-Mac 73

86jacketschamp, thank you and good luck. We could very well meet again.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: C-Mac 73 on October 16, 2010, 01:12:08 pm
By the way, to Uncle Ivan, I'm not sure who made the "f*ing b*tch" comment, but I will take the responsibility for my teammate and apologize for it.

Don't worry about it.  I saw and heard enough of the players to know that that one kid only represented himself, not the team.

tmycjy

Quote from: 86jacketstchamps on October 16, 2010, 12:16:25 am
Quote from: *Coach on October 15, 2010, 11:57:05 pm
Making excuses for winning, naa.

Okay, you don't like our fans. We get it. I bet those high schoolers at wynne have never heard a cuss word before. Anything else about our fans y'all want to cry about while your pitty party is at full strength?

Ok, here is my take on it..... I think that if you or anyone you know that yelled and cussed high school kids that were simply broadcasting the game, then you are a flat out yellow coward.  I for one would love to know who it is, and once the film is reviewed I hope to introduce myself to him.  If you feel the need to discuss this, believe me I will gladly share who I am, and I doubt it would be hard to find out. 

Celebrating a win is absolutely a part of the game, but to tell someone to shut up and then proceed to cuss the broadcast teacher, is well.....let's say total chicken @hit!  If you have a problem understanding that or disagreeing with it, then you don't matter much anyways.

amen son THAT WHY I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE PRESS BOX ON THE HOME SIDE WHERE IT SHOULD BE 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas