• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Josh Hill- EPC

Started by Elvis, May 22, 2014, 05:07:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Elvis

Has he decided if he is returning ?

bdubyab60

Looks to be that he is staying by what I'm told.

BoxNOne

Bdub, anything new here?

Elvis

I think Bubba will have the most accurate info, but I did talk to a guy whom stated Hill would let EPC know by July 1 what he was going to do.  ???

bdubyab60

Still nothing on it as of yet. Did talk to one of the players the other day and he seemed to think that Hill would be back. Just a waiting game now.

BoxNOne

hssportfan

Hill informed his players he has decided to leave.

bdubyab60

Yep I just heard as well.

bdubyab60

Might be hard to find someone now.

BoxNOne

Bdub, reckon Hill would have left if MM was still a Warrior. I doubt it but who wouldn't hang around to coach that kind of player. As for a new coach, I have heard the administration had put out feelers earlier to a coach or two in this area. They must have figured Hill was leaving.

bdubyab60

Some that they feelers out to have jobs now. I'm sure are still interested. Just whether the school their at let's them out of the contract.

But if monk was still here he probably stays.

Oldref

I know most schools won't do it but they could make him stay if he signed a contract. It is way too late to say you are leaving now. I am not sure the job is as good as it was a few years ago but they always have talent. Even if they go after someone they might be interested in it might be a problem for that person to get out of their contract. If he was planning to leave he should have done it earlier......just my opinion.

bdubyab60

My mother is a teacher at EPC and they do have the clause in there that they have to have a replacement before he could leave if he had signed. To the best of my knowledge he had not signed, with EPC that is.

I stated in an earlier post he had actually told a player or lead a player to believe he would be back. Rumors had been out a while about him leaving and many thought he would. IMO this news is very late and probably could have come earlier

Donnie Jamon

They let him out of his contract.  All coaches and teachers had to be signed by June 16th I believe. Could be wrong by a few days tho

bdubyab60

Your right DJ. Mom signed on the 11th. So they had to of let him out. I guess we will see if they had a plan in place if he left

Elvis

Any potential takers ????? Going to be tuff for EPC to get a quality coach this late in the game unless someone is interested, and can get out of there current contract.

bdubyab60

thats what Im hoping for. got the minnows in the water.

NWA Hawg

What does the team have returning? How was the junior high last year?

Donnie Jamon

Good group of soph's return.  About 6 of them..   Couple 11th graders..  Lost Byron Scales in the middle is the only one that will hurt..  Jr High was down and mostly b/c a 9th grader started on the sr high team last year..  They will be solid next year but will not be great..  I would say about 8-10 place team in the state..

Maybe if they get a coach with a couple kids or one really great player could turn them into a contender once again..

BoxNOne

From 2010-2013 EPC probably had as much talent as any 2A school has had. That 2011 team one of the best 2A teams I have seen(and I have seen more than I would like to admit). I thought Hill did a good job with them. Two state championships(could have been three pretty easily) is an excellent accomplishment.

birddawg1986

Quote from: BoxNOne on July 02, 2014, 05:10:28 pm
From 2010-2013 EPC probably had as much talent as any 2A school has had. That 2011 team one of the best 2A teams I have seen(and I have seen more than I would like to admit). I thought Hill did a good job with them. Two state championships(could have been three pretty easily) is an excellent accomplishment.
There is no doubt that is a true statement. I seen these groups beat 6-7A teams with no problem. This years team should be pretty good, and maybe one more, but then the well gets dry....very dry for EPC in not only basketball, but football too.

bdubyab60

Everyone keeps saying that. You guys do realize that both in football and basketball the 7th grade teams were undefeated. Now whether or not that translates in to good teams i dont know. However it does show that their is still some talent in the pipeline. May not be winnning a bunch of conference title but still should be competitive.

BoxNOne

Those conference championships will be harder for everyone to get with Earle moving into the league.

Football_Han_D_Cap

bdubyab60

Not sure but from the message a middle school job closer to family

bbfan89

No shocker that Coach Hill made this decision. While some may say he underachieved with all the talent he had, three finals two titles and numerous conference and tournament championships are not too shabby. Now who  to take over as coach? How about EPC legend Marcus Monk? Non traditional certification is always an option and he could help with football. Oh and by the way he has a little brother who might help EPC stay respectable......Just kidding. Marcus as coach looking out for Malik and dealing with all of the recruiting directly as coach and family, that would be a win-win scenario for the family and for every EPC fan. We can dream can't we?

Hogfan167

Any news or rumors going around Lepanto?

bdubyab60

Nothing on my end as of yet. Looking like they are taking their time with the hiring.

bbfan89

Does anyone find it a little odd that the EPC job has not been posted in the newspaper or state educational websites?  That may indicate they already have a plan in place.  I have a feeling we may all be pleasantly surprised at how this all turns out.

razorbackhog

Here's a name for you that is interested in the job. Dion Dial. Hired at Trumann but is very interested in the job. Not sure on correct spelling of last name. Would Trumann let him out of his contract?

bdubyab60

Dion Reel. Known him all my life. Would be a solid hire.

bdubyab60

July 14, 2014, 09:14:44 pm #31 Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 10:15:54 pm by bdubyab60
I'm told should be an announcement soon. So I guess we will see

ZoneBuster

Hired Hog Graduate Assistant

MakingBacon

ricepig

Mackenzie Pierce from Jonesboro.

MakingBacon

bdubyab60

What do you know of him Rice. I was tryin got find some info on him last night but not much to get.

ricepig

Quote from: bdubyab60 on July 15, 2014, 02:57:31 pm
What do you know of him Rice. I was tryin got find some info on him last night but not much to get.

He's probably 23/24, graduated from JHS and the UofA. He coached some younger age groups in AAU, but doesn't have any high school experience to my knowledge. Nice kid and comes from a good family, he should do fine.

bdubyab60

Thanks. I knew the grad stuff last night. With the late start to finding a coach its about what I expected we would get with a hire.
I guess we will see how things work out and glad to here that he seems to be a good guy.

Dragon77

Best wishes to M.P., and the Warriors.

Donnie Jamon

He is a guy hungry and is ready.  He was gonna get a chance sometime and with a young EPC team why not grow together. Family has money and very sucessful n I think he will do the same

BoxNOne

After reading the paper this morning, you would have thought EPC got Billy Donovan instead of a guy who has very little experience. May be the biggest article about a coaching hire (except Jonesboro) that I have seen in the Sun. That being said, I hope for the Warriors sake he does better with this defensive style than the Hogs do. However, every coach has to start somewhere and he will have some talent at EPC.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Is he related to Mick Pierce?

ricepig

Elvis

Yeah the article sounded great in the Jonesboro Sun. If he can do that I think he can he can compete for championships . Lots of 2A schools don't have traditional basketball players who make big time (Except for EPC past) ,but have kids that play all 3 sports. Most kids are just good athletes who adapt to a style. He can be successful, and might even draw kids from Marion, Gosnell, Blytheville  or a really bad struggling Marked Tree(With good athletes) program that has suffered the last 10 years. Good luck to Coach Pierce.

bdubyab60

Players got to meet coach Pierce yesterday. Was it told it broke in to a session of Hog ball and a lot of running.

By what I'm told there is going to be a lot more practicing for EPC. Players I taled to seemed excited about the style of play coach talked about.

Hogfan167

I don't think this style of play is going to worry the upper tier teams (Earle,BIC etc) too much. If it is like Razorback defense,there will be plenty of holes in it.

bdubyab60

I'm not to worried about it. EPC has been a good defensive team and maybe coach has a little sense about and will call off a press if it isn't working.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas