• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Magnet Cove Vs. Spring Hill

Started by ricebird787, March 10, 2014, 01:46:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins

Magnet Cove
2 (11.8%)
Spring Hill
15 (88.2%)

Total Members Voted: 17

ricebird787

Who wins this one? Is the game broadcasted?

OwlsR1

Should be a good one...the teams have played 6 times since 2012. 

ricebird787

I knew there was some history behind this game. I'm an alum of Magnet and not around anymore best of luck to them!

crmorrow24

OwlsR1

Only beat them one at their place this year on a last second shot...anything can happen on a given day...

bleudog

Sweet

redrider30

March 10, 2014, 09:02:29 pm #7 Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 09:04:50 pm by redrider30
The Miami Heat can't beat Spring Hill right now and Lebron couldn't guard Medina. They are the greatest team in the history of Arkansas High School girls basketball. Marmaduke might as well go home tonight!!!

THA TRUTH

Jesus heals the blind and ignorant

MomaLion

ak58

That is way to big of a statement. We aren't that good!

HOOPSTER

Just make sure the coach knows the way to the State Championship game. That's the only way they don't win it!!! if they don't show up. But she has been known to mess up like that before. ( last two years) but I know I was done til after tourney was over. But had to comment on this one.

BoxNOne

I think Marmaduke will battle SH. I read the article about SH in the El Dorado paper and sounds like they are out for revenge. Just remember, Marmaduke lost all of their  starters from last year so this is a different team. They are a junior laden team and will be better next year.

HankWilliams4President

Quote from: BoxNOne on March 11, 2014, 11:33:03 am
I think Marmaduke will battle SH. I read the article about SH in the El Dorado paper and sounds like they are out for revenge. Just remember, Marmaduke lost all of their  starters from last year so this is a different team. They are a junior laden team and will be better next year.

You know to be honest I think this year's Marmaduke team is a better team than last year.  They don't shoot it quite as well from the outside but they are much better inside, handle the ball better and play better defense IMO. That little PG is a heck of a player, she can handle as well as anybody.  They are on a roll right now and it wouldn't surprise me a bit to see them win, in fact I think they will.

bdubyab60

Im not sure if Marmaduke is better than last year. Thare still good though. Bopp needs to look to score more, she really the only one they have that can take a game over. Last year you didnt know who to guard but they are better inside this year.

As far as SH being the best ever its not really close. The England girls were better on their title runs, Norphlet last year and EPC girls back in 92 or 93 was probably the best girls 2A team I have ever seen. Beat opponents by 30+ a game, some of those at the time were 6A classification schools. Got absolutely robbed in one title game or would have had back to back titles and would crush many of the girls teams I have seen since.

BrianfromCarlisle

The Carlisle girls back to back teams took on any and everyone.  Julie Inman was a beast

Cheek

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on March 11, 2014, 01:56:03 pm
The Carlisle girls back to back teams took on any and everyone.  Julie Inman was a beast

This was a very good team. They had a complete team from guards, forwards and a "Big" center.  I am not being rude, mean or hateful , because that is what they called her. 

BrianfromCarlisle

March 11, 2014, 02:31:21 pm #17 Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 03:45:21 pm by BrianfromCarlisle
Meghan "Big" Johnson 6'2"
Monie Cohen 6'1"
Tierra Geans 6'1"

bdubyab60

EPC didnt need much rebounding the way they shot the ball. Even the C team pressed and they set a bunch of records for 3's made only time I actually enjoyed watching girls basketball I could have my years wrong though. Pretty sure they one team 98 to 4 with the starters out after the 1st quarter, believe it was augusta.

ak58

Final: Spring Hill 75 Marmaduke 47

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas