• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Monday & Tuesday 2A SCORES

Started by Brian G, March 09, 2014, 11:10:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AB™

Mountainburg/Marked Tree update?

AB™

Mountainburg game has to be about over, right?  Unless it went into OT or there's been a ton of fouling.

bleudog

Girls Quarterfinal:
Mountainburg 62 Marked Tree 47 Final

Steves68Nova

The game was broadcast here but the Hamptyon internet was just awful. The game kept starting and stopping and we missed at least 6 minutes of the 3rd and 2 minutes of the last of the game.

Kendanj@hotmail.com

All I'm gonna say is it was the most pitiful officiating I have ever seen. 3 players from Blevins had 3 fouls in the first quarter so u tell me how it was! 3 guys from Blevins fouled out and the other 2 starters had 4. Go back and watch the tape and see what u think. It's dif to lose fair and square but when it's taken from you it's a dif story!

bballfan00

St. Joseph:     10
Junction City:  6

End of 1st Qtr

bigworm

Quote from: Kendanj@hotmail.com on March 10, 2014, 08:45:28 pm
All I'm gonna say is it was the most pitiful officiating I have ever seen. 3 players from Blevins had 3 fouls in the first quarter so u tell me how it was! 3 guys from Blevins fouled out and the other 2 starters had 4. Go back and watch the tape and see what u think. It's dif to lose fair and square but when it's taken from you it's a dif story!

Hahahahahaahaha!!!!! Yes please do watch the tape. Officiating was terrible on both sides. You lost because we were better than you tonight. Calls didn't decide it. Players did.

BoxNOne

I will have to say that's a lot of fouls on a lot of players that early in game.

bballfan00

I lost my feed to the CSJ/JC game. Score updates would be appreciated. Thank you.

bleudog

Boys Quarterfinal : Conway St Joe 17 Junction City 12 Half

RamAlum10

lol what a pitiful score at half.. whats going on? st joe holding on to the ball?

cuz

Come on JC time to run an gun.....

bballfan00

Feed back on.  You can watch it at the following:

www.csnsports.com  then go to Channel 1 - Conway

Warning the announcer calls the game and moves the camera.  He is a little behind usually.  :)

bballfan00

Quote from: bballfan00 on March 10, 2014, 09:07:58 pm

Warning the announcer calls the game and moves the camera.  He is a little behind usually.  :)

bleudog

Quote from: bballfan00 on March 10, 2014, 09:07:58 pm

Thank you.

Kendanj@hotmail.com

No way at all were y'all better than Blevins tonight every time they had it there goes the refs yanking it away! The only guys from England in foul trouble were the ones who didn't matter ! Blevins couldn't even breath in them and they blew their whistle !

RamAlum10

now this is what i was expecting. junction ono a run now. pressure getting to st joe

seldomseenkid

Quote from: brock on March 10, 2014, 07:45:19 pm
Quote from: mom18 on March 10, 2014, 07:44:21 pm
The officials for the Blevins/England game should b ashamed of themselves. I am hoping it wasn't intentional and that they just suck at officiating. It was pitiful.

Here we go with the excuses.

The officials were terrible. They had obviously never worked together before and seemed to be in a power struggle among themselves. I saw them arguing between themselves many times. For a stretch it seemed like every call was against Blevins, yes, but there were SEVERAL incorrect calls in both directions. It's easy to remember the calls that went against you and blame the loss on that but if Blevins had pulled out the win, England would have had a similar legitimate gripe. Overall terrible terrible game by the officials but congrats to England and best of luck to them. They seem like good kids.

RamAlum10

whew! jaquis grayson and jamario are eating st joes lunch!!

mom18

March 10, 2014, 09:22:47 pm #69 Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 12:30:28 am by mom18
Where I am setting there are adults from three other schools not kids, adults, they were all shaking their heads and talking about how bad the officials were. Actually to quote one person he said "this is awful." now Blevins also did not help themselves. If they had hit their free throws they possibly could have won. if A team get beat fair and square I have no problem with that however when outside influences interfere, that's when I have a problem.

bleudog

bballfan00

CSJ got off to a bad 2nd half going doen by 11, but pulled to 4 at the end of 3rd qtr. Going to tough to beat JC though.

RamAlum10

dont see the big deal.. happens all the time. gotta take care of business no matter what. great teams prevail, and tonight england got it going their way, and blevins couldnt do anything about it. just like clarendon pushed through to beat bic when the officials got bad, just like this junction game that the refs are one siding. great teams figure out a way to win. great season by blevins, but its time to bust out the track cleats.

RamAlum10

Quote from: bballfan00 on March 10, 2014, 09:29:05 pm
CSJ got off to a bad 2nd half going doen by 11, but pulled to 4 at the end of 3rd qtr

SJ is lucky to be within 10. JC will pull away

HorseFeathers

Reading the comments on this thread you'd think Junction City was already up 20 or something though....

RamAlum10

white kid with the dunk.. barely and he goes nuts hahahah

bballfan00

Quote from: RamAlum10 on March 10, 2014, 09:31:45 pm
white kid with the dunk.. barely and he goes nuts hahahah

Whatever!

RamAlum10

overall pretty pathetic game so far. a bunch of turn overs, a bunch of missed shots, low scoring, and too many fouls.

RamAlum10

Jamario wasnt even going to play basketball this year.. and he is dominating! i have seen him 5 times in person.. for a football guy he's probably a top 5 or 10 player in the state

RamAlum10

game over. SJ cant handle the quickness.

RamAlum10

Quote from: HF on March 10, 2014, 09:31:24 pm
Reading the comments on this thread you'd think Junction City was already up 20 or something though....

they are up 20 lol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: RamAlum10 on March 10, 2014, 09:40:11 pm

they are up 20 lol

That hadn't been posted when I said that...lol

bleudog

RamAlum10

35 point second half from junction and they sat on the ball the last 2 minutes. cant wait to see them and clarendon tomorrow! gonna be a barn burner!

RamAlum10

Quote from: HF on March 10, 2014, 09:40:51 pm
Quote from: RamAlum10 on March 10, 2014, 09:40:11 pm

they are up 20 lol

That hadn't been posted when I said that...lol

giving you a hard time!

bballfan00

St. Joseph played hard, but ran out of gas.

bleudog

March 10, 2014, 09:44:50 pm #86 Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 09:46:53 pm by bleudog
Quote from: bballfan00 on March 10, 2014, 09:42:48 pm

That's what happens when you pass the ball 30 times before every shot. ::)

They gave it a good effort though.

Congratulation to CSJ for making the elite eight.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bleudog on March 10, 2014, 09:44:50 pm
Quote from: bballfan00 on March 10, 2014, 09:42:48 pm

That's what happens when you pass the ball 30 times before every shot. ::)

They gave it a good shot though.

Congratulation to them for making the elite eight.

Some regions aren't blessed with athleticism ::)  And have to practice patience to get a shot lol...

RamAlum10

no trying to knock st joe.. but how did they finish first in their conference? or who is in their conference? they didnt have anyone impressive, nor did they do anything impressive. holding the ball for minutes at a time in the first half was what kept them in it, but when junction started running it was over.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: RamAlum10 on March 10, 2014, 09:45:49 pm
no trying to knock st joe.. but how did they finish first in their conference? or who is in their conference? they didnt have anyone impressive, nor did they do anything impressive. holding the ball for minutes at a time in the first half was what kept them in it, but when junction started running it was over.

The West Region is/was weak...and has been for a while...

bballfan00

The announcer was interviewing Bell after the game and asked him what he liked to do, he said play basketball and football.  The announcer goes, "You play football too?"  I told you the announcer was a little behind.  :)

RamAlum10

wasnt sure which one they were in. just looked like a mediocre version of cedar ridge.. btw hoping its a JC CR final so we can see two totally opposite styles!

Quote from: HF on March 10, 2014, 09:46:48 pm

RamAlum10

Quote from: bballfan00 on March 10, 2014, 09:47:58 pm
The announcer was interviewing Bell after the game and asked him what he liked to do, he said play basketball and football.  The announcer goes, "You play football too?"  I told you the announcer was a little behind.  :)

HAHHAAHAH! thats great! Poor St Joe guy probably doesnt know what football is!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: RamAlum10 on March 10, 2014, 09:48:52 pm
wasnt sure which one they were in. just looked like a mediocre version of cedar ridge.. btw hoping its a JC CR final so we can see two totally opposite styles!

Quote from: HF on March 10, 2014, 09:46:48 pm

Yeah....Hector is in their region(I don't watch a lot of Hector basketball...), and We were a lot like them....maybe a little bit better shooting. Oh well..

Congrats to Conway St Joe....Did something a lot of p eople didn't expect a team from the west to do...Won a game in State :D

bballfan00

March 10, 2014, 09:51:59 pm #94 Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 09:55:59 pm by bballfan00
Quote from: RamAlum10 on March 10, 2014, 09:49:45 pm
Quote from: bballfan00 on March 10, 2014, 09:47:58 pm

HAHHAAHAH! thats great! Poor St Joe guy probably doesnt know what football is!

No, we know what it is, the announcer is not from Conway.  They just get the feed.

HorseFeathers

bballfan00

Quote from: HF on March 10, 2014, 09:54:03 pm
Don't bypass the censor...

I'm sorry, that dude is getting on my nerves, but I'm done now. Good evening to all.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bballfan00 on March 10, 2014, 09:55:24 pm

I'm sorry, that dude is getting on my nerves, but I'm done now. Good evening to all.

It happens..best to just let it roll off your back though...should be on the football board with these guys :D

bballfan00

Quote from: HF on March 10, 2014, 09:59:18 pm
Quote from: bballfan00 on March 10, 2014, 09:55:24 pm

It happens..best to just let it roll off your back though...should be on the football board with these guys :D

I'm sure that could be interesting.

bleudog

HF, please take it easy on BB00; he posted the video link.  That's worth a little slack and a +1 in my book.  ;D

And I wasn't even sure the announcer was from this planet. 8)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas