• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Monday & Tuesday 2A SCORES

Started by Brian G, March 09, 2014, 11:10:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

THA TRUTH

Sure didn't hurt the teams I saw play there in 07 that shot the 3 but idk since I know in 12 it might have been further back because they played on a college style court because the sunbelt tourny was just held there and still had the sunbelt floor down

Timberwolf08

Quote from: Cheek on March 13, 2014, 01:06:39 pm
Quote from: MomaLion on March 13, 2014, 08:56:16 am
He usually is really good on 3s but so is #10...We weren't landing a lot against JC though...hopefully they will be Sat.

Clarendon will have an advantage in this game, and it will not be shooting the threes.  It is usually difficult for a team that relys on the "3" to win at Summit Arena.   The Arena is very open, and the goals are a distance from any wall. The players usually have trouble with depth preception in relation to the rim.  This usually helps athletic teams who score off the break or around the rim.         

If you think CR lives and dies by the 3, you obviously haven't watched our boys play much. I honestly bet they didn't make 5 threes the whole state tournament. 5 may be lowballing it, but not by much.

BoxNOne

I saw CR in NEA (Convocation Center) and it didn't seem to bother them much.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Timberwolf08 on March 13, 2014, 01:51:52 pm
Quote from: Cheek on March 13, 2014, 01:06:39 pm
Quote from: MomaLion on March 13, 2014, 08:56:16 am
He usually is really good on 3s but so is #10...We weren't landing a lot against JC though...hopefully they will be Sat.

Clarendon will have an advantage in this game, and it will not be shooting the threes.  It is usually difficult for a team that relys on the "3" to win at Summit Arena.   The Arena is very open, and the goals are a distance from any wall. The players usually have trouble with depth preception in relation to the rim.  This usually helps athletic teams who score off the break or around the rim.         

If you think CR lives and dies by the 3, you obviously haven't watched our boys play much. I honestly bet they didn't make 5 threes the whole state tournament. 5 may be lowballing it, but not by much.

Reeves made 4 in one game against Brinkley I'm positive ur low balling it

Redleg76

My guess is 4-6 per game. They (CR) are shooting a TON of free throws. I don't think a perimeter shooting team would shoot a lot from the stripe.? I know CR played at Barton last year, and the Convo in J'boro every year. I don't think the venue matters. I say CR by 8. Funny thing is, Clarendon is probably just as likely to win as they are to lose by 20+. The really athletic teams seem to be on fire or ice cold. Ought to be a good one!

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on March 13, 2014, 01:21:57 pm
Thanks cheek, that makes me feel a bit more optimistic. I know the boys are leaving tomorrow at 8 am so surely they get to practice there...this is all new for us lol, I don't know how it works.

I know they have a stand practice time to use the floor and think it is around one hour.  I am glad the State Finals has moved back to Summit Arena.   

Lions84

Go Big Red Maul the Timberwolves.

bleudog

jbtiger73

As a Brinkley alum, its kind hard for me to root for clarendon. With that being said, seems lately that Monroe county has been sticking together alot lately. So im cringing when i say this.  But im going with the lions by 4. Thanks momalion. Lol.

Lions84

MomaLion

Quote from: jbtiger73 on March 14, 2014, 07:47:35 am
As a Brinkley alum, its kind hard for me to root for clarendon. With that being said, seems lately that Monroe county has been sticking together alot lately. So im cringing when i say this.  But im going with the lions by 4. Thanks momalion. Lol.
Lol, I knew you'd come around  ;D

jbtiger73

It stung like heck. Lol. But I know u would do the same for us.

MomaLion

Quote from: jbtiger73 on March 14, 2014, 12:30:11 pm
It stung like heck. Lol. But I know u would do the same for us.
I sure would...in fact I was there cheering for y'all during yalls games in Hampton...even brought black pom poms  ;D

jbtiger73

Well that's alright momma. Good luck to yall tonight. Wish i could be there tonight. I know it will be a great game

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas