• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Region 2A-North @Pangburn

Started by Brian G, February 23, 2014, 12:53:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

February 23, 2014, 12:53:38 pm Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 10:14:09 pm by HF
Wednesday

Game 1: 4:00(G) Cedar Ridge vs Riverside
Game 2; 5:30(B) Cedar Ridge vs Rector
Game 3: 7:00(G) Marmaduke vs Tuckerman
Game 4; 8:30(B) Buffalo IC vs Pangburn

Thursday

Game 5:  4:00(G) Marked Tree vs Walnut Ridge
Game 6:  5:30(B) EPC vs Salem
Game 7:  7:00(G) Salem vs Rector
Game 8:  8:30(B) White Co CTRL vs Augusta

Semi Finals
Game 9: Girls #1 Cedar Ridge vs #2 Marke Tree 4 p.m
Game 10 Boys #1 Cedar Ridge vs #2 EPC 530
Game 11 Girls #1 Marmaduke vs #2 Salem 700
Game 12 Boys #1 Buffalo Island vs #3 Augusta 8:30

Saturday
3rd Place Game Girls #2 Marked Tree vs #2 Salem 
3rd Place Game Boys #2 EPC vs #3 Augusta
Finals Girls #1 Cedar Ridge vs #1 Marmaduke
Finals Boys #1 Cedar Ridge vs #1 Buffalo Island

mtindian42

hssportfan

Could someone comment on Pangburn's gym? Seating capacity? Parking?

BoxNOne

It is a nice gym. All chair seats on one side and regular bench seats on other. Lots of walking room at top. Seats probably 1200-1300. I didn't see much parking but I didn't really pay much attention.

Head Lion

Watch out for the local pokey, got stopped there one night for "cruising through" the stop sign. Bad thing that was the smallest of about 5 fines!

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on February 24, 2014, 07:53:01 pm
Watch out for the local pokey, got stopped there one night for "cruising through" the stop sign. Bad thing that was the smallest of about 5 fines!
You got fine for carrying the head of a real  lion, spitting in a plastic bottle, throwing your hat out the car when he turned the lights on you,and carrying such a long convo about how good Manila Lions are..lol

Head Lion

Quote from: ISU7 on February 25, 2014, 05:32:53 pm
You got fine for carrying the head of a real  lion, spitting in a plastic bottle, throwing your hat out the car when he turned the lights on you,and carrying such a long convo about how good Manila Lions are..lol
I wished, got to take a pleasant trip to the White Co. jail. I was 22 and 10 foot tall and bullet proof.

WhiteRiverMonster

Little heads up, cell phone service for AT&T is pretty much non existent in any seated spots. Not sure about how other carriers do.

BoxNOne

I think the Cedar Ridge vs Riverside girls game will be the only competitive game today. Cedar Ridge boys, BIC boys and Marmaduke girls should all roll.

ISU7

February 26, 2014, 09:45:45 am #9 Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 09:48:12 am by ISU7
Quote from: Head Lion on February 25, 2014, 09:22:52 pm
Quote from: ISU7 on February 25, 2014, 05:32:53 pm
I wished, got to take a pleasant trip to the White Co. jail. I was 22 and 10 foot tall and bullet proof.
Oh so I  think I needed to add the drug charge lol HL youre a character...lol

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: BoxNOne on February 26, 2014, 09:28:06 am
I think the Cedar Ridge vs Riverside girls game will be the only competitive game today. Cedar Ridge boys, BIC boys and Marmaduke girls should all roll.

Box,
Did you hear about CR point guard getting hurt the other night??  shoulder injury out for season

Timberwolf08

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on February 26, 2014, 12:28:14 pm
Quote from: BoxNOne on February 26, 2014, 09:28:06 am

Box,
Did you hear about CR point guard getting hurt the other night??  shoulder injury out for season

He's not out for the season. Got cleared this morning.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

O ok good for him!  hate to see a player go out with injury. 

BoxNOne

Timberwolf08

Yep. Got tangled up in practice at just the wrong angle.

Donnie Jamon

Rector gave CR all they wanted. CR won 58-44

ASURedWolf6

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on February 26, 2014, 07:37:19 pm

I completely agree. CR just made big shots, typical of a defending state champ. Wish them luck the rest of the way.

CR/Riverside girls game was a great game. Riverside had a 27-17 lead at half, lead for a good amount of the second half. Got up by ten late in the third, think CR cut it to 3 heading into the 4q. CR made a heck of a play.. Down two, go the full length of the floor for a layup to tie. Riverside inbounds the ball and tries to call a timeout, doesn't get it, CR steals, gets fouled with 1.0 left, makes both. Ball game, heck of a way to start.

Marmaduke rolled after halftime. Not much there.

Last I heard, BIC was up 15 and that was at halftime, 38-23.

ASURedWolf6

Just saw on Twitter.. BIC up 48-38 after 3q.

ASURedWolf6

1-seeds advance, 4's pick up the balls and bats.

Cedar Ridge (girls) 56 Riverside 54
Cedar Ridge (boys) 58 Rector 44
Marmaduke 63 Tuckerman 40
BIC 70 Pangburn 48

all finals.

ASURedWolf6

Marked Tree vs. Walnut Ridge 4:00
EPC vs. Salem (boys) 5:30
Salem (girls) vs. Rector 7:00
WCC vs. Augusta 8:30

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ASURedWolf235 on February 26, 2014, 09:53:00 pm
Marked Tree vs. Walnut Ridge 4:00
EPC vs. Salem (boys) 5:30
Salem (girls) vs. Rector 7:00
WCC vs. Augusta 8:30

THis hurts the eyes lol

ASURedWolf6

Yeah, I noticed that after I did that. Yellow was a bad decision.. Lol.

Just wanted to try something different out! 

bdubyab60

Please do away with the yellow lol

BoxNOne

Quote from: ASURedWolf235 on February 26, 2014, 09:27:38 pm
Quote from: Donnie Jamon on February 26, 2014, 07:37:19 pm

I completely agree. CR just made big shots, typical of a defending state champ. Wish them luck the rest of the way.

CR/Riverside girls game was a great game. Riverside had a 27-17 lead at half, lead for a good amount of the second half. Got up by ten late in the third, think CR cut it to 3 heading into the 4q. CR made a heck of a play.. Down two, go the full length of the floor for a layup to tie. Riverside inbounds the ball and tries to call a timeout, doesn't get it, CR steals, gets fouled with 1.0 left, makes both. Ball game, heck of a way to start.

Yea, if Riverside gets the time out like they should have, they have the ball and 7-8 seconds left to win it.

Marmaduke rolled after halftime. Not much there.

Last I heard, BIC was up 15 and that was at halftime, 38-23.

BoxNOne

Anyone know who won the MT-Walnut Ridge girls game?

Timberwolf08

Box, Marked Tree won. If you're on twitter, @2ANorthRegional is posing quarterly updates, more in a tight game

BoxNOne

bdubyab60

Heart breaker for Rector. Came from 10 down to lead by 1. Then a foul called and Salem Knicks down both freethrows to win by one. Gunn misses at the buzzer.

I just do to see how you make that call from that position in that situation. Let the kids decide it.

Greyhound#1

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 27, 2014, 10:02:39 pm
Heart breaker for Rector. Came from 10 down to lead by 1. Then a foul called and Salem Knicks down both freethrows to win by one. Gunn misses at the buzzer.

I just do to see how you make that call from that position in that situation. Let the kids decide it.

they made that cause it was a foul.  That the rules. 

bdubyab60

Absolutely not a foul. Rector girl had all ball and probably was going to be a jump ball. Reg was on the backside of the play and no way he should have called what he couldn't see. I was sitting on the opposite side from the ref. a complete shame for that call to be made.

I'm sorry greyhound the only reason you even think that is because it was Salem. Absolutely horrible call, worse than the charge called on Reaves last year in the NEA. At least Rector did have a chance to go score.

Point guard for Salem better find a left hand before tomorrow. Bopp will eat her alive

NoPlace2

It's tough to be on the losing side of a close game, but that one call or one play did not decide that game. The refs were lousy all night – on both sides – been lousy all year in my opinion everywhere. That #12 for Rector is probably the best female player I've seen all season and played well tonight, but she got away with several travels tonight too. Many bad calls and no calls both ways tonight. Rector parents and fans can be proud of their team, but fact is Salem won and played like winners and will represent 2A North well throughout. You havent't seen them at their best yet.

ASURedWolf6

That was a very touchy call.. Could have been a jump ball. Breaks my heart.. If ablackshare doesn't tear her ACL against EPC, I believe we seriously contend for a trip to Hot Springs. Gunn had 41 tonight btw. Best girls player in the state.

ASURedWolf6

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 28, 2014, 12:09:02 am
Absolutely not a foul. Rector girl had all ball and probably was going to be a jump ball. Reg was on the backside of the play and no way he should have called what he couldn't see. I was sitting on the opposite side from the ref. a complete shame for that call to be made.

I'm sorry greyhound the only reason you even think that is because it was Salem. Absolutely horrible call, worse than the charge called on Reaves last year in the NEA. At least Rector did have a chance to go score.

Point guard for Salem better find a left hand before tomorrow. Bopp will eat her alive

He's just a bit sour because Salem played scared for a half in the boys game before that Bdub.. Marmaduke winss, Bopp 25+

bdubyab60

Quote from: NoPlace2 on February 28, 2014, 12:33:30 am
It's tough to be on the losing side of a close game, but that one call or one play did not decide that game. The refs were lousy all night – on both sides – been lousy all year in my opinion everywhere. That #12 for Rector is probably the best female player I've seen all season and played well tonight, but she got away with several travels tonight too. Many bad calls and no calls both ways tonight. Rector parents and fans can be proud of their team, but fact is Salem won and played like winners and will represent 2A North well throughout. You havent't seen them at their best yet.
Im not a fan of either team. Maybe rooting for Rector a little because they are form our conference. Like I said rector still had a chance to win it. But to make an out of position call in that good of a game is awful. There is no way that ref saw any contact from where he was at because there wasn't any on the other side either. I would have no problem wit hit if it had of been a foul. I would be complaining about that call if it had of went against Salem as well. Just like you guys would be complaining if it went against you guys.
Salem fans booed every foul called against them no matter if it was obvious that they had fouled. fact is that it was a horrible call in a crucial part of the game 75 feet away from the basket

bdubyab60

Quote from: ASURedWolf235 on February 28, 2014, 01:07:31 am

That was a very touchy call.. Could have been a jump ball. Breaks my heart.. If ablackshare doesn't tear her ACL against EPC, I believe we seriously contend for a trip to Hot Springs. Gunn had 41 tonight btw. Best girls player in the state.
I new she was tearing it up but didn't get much help. When Salem built their lead Rector missed 7 layups 4 of them gimmes. great game though back and forth. Truthfully I was hoping to see one team knock one down as the buzzer went off and it almost happened.

bdubyab60

Quote from: ASURedWolf235 on February 28, 2014, 01:09:06 am
Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 28, 2014, 12:09:02 am

He's just a bit sour because Salem played scared for a half in the boys game before that Bdub.. Marmaduke winss, Bopp 25+
Ill give Slem credit they could have laid down when EPC got up 20. But they fought hard and got back in it. think they closed to 6 or 8. EPC played the entire 3rd quarter with no fire and Salem played their but off. In the end EPC was just better and we played better than I thought we would after the days off because we usually play horrible.

BoxNOne

I wonder if the ref who gave Salem girls the call at the end is the same one who wouldn't give Riverside a timeout with 10 seconds left against Cedar Ridge. He was a stranger to me. Got his arm up half way and changed his mind. Cedar Ridge and Salem girls better up their game considerably today. They have beat our 3-4 seeds by a total of three points.

bdubyab60

February 28, 2014, 09:21:51 am #37 Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 09:23:43 am by bdubyab60
Wouldnt say they are slow. That game was pretty fast paced. They did struggle at times with rectors press. Rector missed a ton of open shots as well. I think if the player that was hurt was taking some of those shots, she actually averaged more points than Gunn this year I believe, rector probably wins that game.

#1 missed 8 open 3's and think #11 mised 8 freethrows. Makes a big difference in the game. but thats the way games go, gotta make shots if you are going to win.

Marmaduke is a little bigger inside than rector, Salems big played a great game yesterday. Outside of the little point guard they have though the rest were shaky against the press. Rectors press was way more effective when they got the ball out of her hands. Bopp will more than likely be on her and she is one of the best on ball defenders there is.

BoxNOne

Tonight I like:

Girls: Marked Tree by 6
        Marmaduke by 15

Boys: Cedar Ridge by 7
         BIC by 5

No dogs in the fight for me tonight. I have thought Cedar Ridge would roll over any of the 2a-3 boys teams but EPC has the best shot at them and I think they will show up tonight. Should be good game.

ASURedWolf6

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 28, 2014, 09:21:51 am
Wouldnt say they are slow. That game was pretty fast paced. They did struggle at times with rectors press. Rector missed a ton of open shots as well. I think if the player that was hurt was taking some of those shots, she actually averaged more points than Gunn this year I believe, rector probably wins that game.

#1 missed 8 open 3's and think #11 mised 8 freethrows. Makes a big difference in the game. but thats the way games go, gotta make shots if you are going to win.

Marmaduke is a little bigger inside than rector, Salems big played a great game yesterday. Outside of the little point guard they have though the rest were shaky against the press. Rectors press was way more effective when they got the ball out of her hands. Bopp will more than likely be on her and she is one of the best on ball defenders there is.

I don't know if she averaged more than Gunn.. It's probably close. Definitely was a HUGE loss. Heard we (Rector) shot 16 FTs and Salem shot like, 36. Which, I didn't think it was a big deal when I watched the game, but in the end it was I guess.

Salem's big did impress me though. Solid post player.

ASURedWolf6

I think Cedar Ridge's girls play better and beat MT.
Marmaduke over Salem.

Cedar Ridge in a close one over EPC. A part of me wants to say EPC.. Definitely pulling for the Warriors, though!

And BIC in another close one over Augusta. BIC too disciplined and Augusta is not.

Be watching the South a Regional scores tonight.. Blevins/Bearden & JC/Dermott I believe. Those are the four teams we will be matched up with in the state tournament.

redrider30

Rector girls post season record the last two years. 0-3. Not sure its going to get any better, anytime soon. Injury did hurt them this year but they had a lot of seniors plus the 2A-3 player of the year and still should have been able to win a game sometime in the post season. Very disappointing for all cougar fans!

Batman44

Is Cedar Ridge boys at full strength? If so, hope it stays that way all the way thru finals @ Hot Springs.

BoxNOne

Quote from: redrider30 on February 28, 2014, 11:54:15 am
Rector girls post season record the last two years. 0-3. Not sure its going to get any better, anytime soon. Injury did hurt them this year but they had a lot of seniors plus the 2A-3 player of the year and still should have been able to win a game sometime in the post season. Very disappointing for all cougar fans!

I watched Rector girls in district and they looked like a three legged dog hobbling around without Blackshare. Definitly cost them a trip to state and maybe more.

Basketballfan13

I've seen their younger ones play a few times, you never know they could always develop into solid players...but as of right now it looks like a little bit of a wait before another competitive team comes around. Is this the first year that Rector girls have made the Regionals in the past 3 years with this group of girls?

BoxNOne

I know they didn't make regionals last year but don't know about two years ago.

ASURedWolf6

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on February 28, 2014, 02:42:47 pm
I've seen their younger ones play a few times, you never know they could always develop into solid players...but as of right now it looks like a little bit of a wait before another competitive team comes around. Is this the first year that Rector girls have made the Regionals in the past 3 years with this group of girls?

Yes. Marked Tree beat them by 1 their sophomore year. Augusta beat them at the buzzer last year their junior year both in district.

Last time to make regionals this group was freshmen.

BoxNOne

Nice win for CR girls. Keeps them away from Spring Hill in first round. Should have a good chance to win at least one game in state. I think south girls is weak except for Spring Hill. Don't want to be #4 seed in our region.Sometimes when you pull one out like CR did against Riverside it propels you to greater things.

Dragon77

I have not seen the Cedar Ridge/EPC score posted. Anyone know what happend ?

Timberwolf08

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas