• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who wins 3A this year?

Started by BigMan15, September 28, 2017, 10:39:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is your 3A State Champion?

ECS
2 (8.3%)
Tuckerman
9 (37.5%)
Charleston
1 (4.2%)
Jesseville
0 (0%)
Manila
3 (12.5%)
Osceola
2 (8.3%)
other
9 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: October 03, 2017, 10:39:29 am

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 10, 2017, 07:58:44 pm
Riverside Girls should take it this year

It's not how you start the season it's how you finish it.  They seem to be impressive Coach is a good guy his daughter sophomore is a good player and has allot of shooting power.  But when it's on the big stage those threes don't always drop.   Either way curious to see how they end up.  As far as Lamar I hope to make the tourney if they do it's anyone's game.  But yes been talking about Riverside since they beat Hoxie the way they did

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on December 10, 2017, 09:46:16 pm
It's not how you start the season it's how you finish it.  They seem to be impressive Coach is a good guy his daughter sophomore is a good player and has allot of shooting power.  But when it's on the big stage those threes don't always drop.   Either way curious to see how they end up.  As far as Lamar I hope to make the tourney if they do it's anyone's game.  But yes been talking about Riverside since they beat Hoxie the way they did

Not my team but Yes Sir, I agree , we will see , I have watched them and they are winning some impressive games !!  How Lamar doing this year?

BoxNOne

Yes a long way to go to the state finals. Several teams will have a shot. I don't think too many people had Hoxie picked to win it last year. Speaking of Hoxie, they aren't as good as last year at least not yet. They lost the little guard that made them go last year. However, they have two 9th grade sisters who can flat out play who will be moved up late I assume.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: BoxNOne on December 11, 2017, 07:36:37 am
Yes a long way to go to the state finals. Several teams will have a shot. I don't think too many people had Hoxie picked to win it last year. Speaking of Hoxie, they aren't as good as last year at least not yet. They lost the little guard that made them go last year. However, they have two 9th grade sisters who can flat out play who will be moved up late I assume.
Only one of them is a 9th grader, the other is in the 8th. But I agree when the one gets moved up she will make a difference come post season.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 10, 2017, 10:07:56 pm
Not my team but Yes Sir, I agree , we will see , I have watched them and they are winning some impressive games !!  How Lamar doing this year?
Lamar is playing really good ball especially for not having a true PG, they are 8&2  right now very impressed by the coaching and grit they have been playing with. 

BoxNOne

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on December 11, 2017, 08:33:37 am
Only one of them is a 9th grader, the other is in the 8th. But I agree when the one gets moved up she will make a difference come post season.

Thanks for the correction and info. Watched Hoxie jrs destroy a decent Riverside jr team the other night. Those two can go.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on December 11, 2017, 09:25:36 am
Lamar is playing really good ball especially for not having a true PG, they are 8&2  right now very impressed by the coaching and grit they have been playing with.

Hope she has a great yr when she gets  back,  Brookland  girls guard Loflin lost her Soph, and Jr yrs to
ACL injuries. Hopefully she has a healthy sr yr . Waggoner lost her soph yr to ACL also from Riverside...tough on players and parents

Hitman Warrior23

Thank you. And yes. She was having an awesome summer until it happened in Wichita.  Lesson we learned from it is more training less games.   They go on the road so long and not get to train the way they should and it just isn't good.  Especially is allot rougher play in these circuits then school ball, especially with the talent and pure size difference you see.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on December 11, 2017, 11:13:13 am
Thank you. And yes. She was having an awesome summer until it happened in Wichita.  Lesson we learned from it is more training less games.   They go on the road so long and not get to train the way they should and it just isn't good.  Especially is allot rougher play in these circuits then school ball, especially with the talent and pure size difference you see.

I agree!! Have I love watching AAU tournaments , so much talent, but it does get rough out there...best of health to your talented daughter !!

Hitman Warrior23

JacketDad

It really surprises me that Tuckerman, as good as they are, have no more posters on FF.  I'm sure they are very proud of their school and teams.  They have as good a chance as anyone to take it all this year but nothing but crickets from Jackson County. >:(

Head Lion

No internet service in Jackson County and they get Monday Night Football on Wednesday afternoon. LOL

Fatbackhawgballz

Most Tuckerman fans just read on here. The team does the talking. The fans show their support by filling the stands.

JacketDad

Quote from: Fatbackhawgballz on December 11, 2017, 11:28:37 pm
Most Tuckerman fans just read on here. The team does the talking. The fans show their support by filling the stands.
Probably a good thing.  At least they don't make A**'s of themselves bragging about this and that.

Fatbackhawgballz

Agreed. We just support our kids.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Fatbackhawgballz on December 12, 2017, 02:28:27 pm
Agreed. We just support our kids.
It would be nice to get more news updates about the Bulldogs, though. Like scores, how the team looks and who had a really good game.

RedWolf275

Quote from: CoolBreeze on December 12, 2017, 02:32:22 pm
It would be nice to get more news updates about the Bulldogs, though. Like scores, how the team looks and who had a really good game.

I'm not a Tuckerman fan but I will try to post some scores.

TheHeadBallCoach

Drew Central boys look real good this year. Don't count them out.

Fatbackhawgballz

Tuckerman defeated Riverview 58-51 Friday night. The game was close all night. Bulldogs seemed to have an off night. 3 of the starters especially Roberson had foul problems by the end of first quarter. Bench was huge.

Paperman

I think Osceola will make a lot of noise this season! They have the depth and talent to make a run at the title!

870baller15

Riverside girls have a great chance to make it all the way 

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: 870baller15 on December 17, 2017, 11:13:47 pm
Riverside girls have a great chance to make it all the way

For sure sounds like it.

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 28, 2017, 12:26:27 pm
Mike Caruthers wasn't the best player on osceola team last year if thats the guy you are talking about. Makai Caruthers was and still is by far the best player on this team. Im not saying coach wilson is better than gathen. Wilson is a pretty darn good coach.  Osceola will be fine you'll see.
Youre right Makai was the best player Dante Adams is the best player on the team.

ISU7

501Arkansas

Quote from: ISU7 on December 19, 2017, 07:00:31 am
Youre right Makai was the best player Dante Adams is the best player on the team.
Your right Dante is balling right now. Osceola will have a kid that can handle the ball, great defense, can shoot and attack the basket at any given moment coming start of next year. His name is Dan Newson Jr(Little Dan). His daddy was apart of the Osceola team that won state back to back. He says his son is or will ne better than him. I cannot wait.

luxora4life

Quote from: 501Arkansas on December 19, 2017, 07:56:35 am
Your right Dante is balling right now. Osceola will have a kid that can handle the ball, great defense, can shoot and attack the basket at any given moment coming start of next year. His name is Dan Newson Jr(Little Dan). His daddy was apart of the Osceola team that won state back to back. He says his son is or will ne better than him. I cannot wait.

This ain't Jr. High.  Don't expect to much from the lil fella.

870baller15

Quote from: ISU7 on December 19, 2017, 07:01:59 am
So Hoxie girls quit 😀

No idea, Im just reporting from what I have seen and read

501Arkansas

Quote from: luxora4life on December 19, 2017, 08:58:06 pm
This ain't Jr. High.  Don't expect to much from the lil fella.
Don't have to be kid can ball

luxora4life

Quote from: 501Arkansas on December 19, 2017, 11:10:59 pm
Don't have to be kid can ball

True, but it will be different playing against 17/18 yrs old kids and 19 in some case.  The 10th grader from Manila can ball, but his struggles are real in the two games that I have watched him play this year. 

501Arkansas

Quote from: luxora4life on December 20, 2017, 11:07:56 am
True, but it will be different playing against 17/18 yrs old kids and 19 in some case.  The 10th grader from Manila can ball, but his struggles are real in the two games that I have watched him play this year.
Thats true, we will see how the kid does

luxora4life

Quote from: 501Arkansas on December 20, 2017, 11:55:15 am
Thats true, we will see how the kid does

I hope he does well, just don't want people to be hard on him if he does struggle a little.  I know he is and will be a baller, I had the privilege of coaching him in pee-wee.  He has a bid heart on the court.

501Arkansas

Quote from: luxora4life on December 20, 2017, 12:23:58 pm
I hope he does well, just don't want people to be hard on him if he does struggle a little.  I know he is and will be a baller, I had the privilege of coaching him in pee-wee.  He has a bid heart on the court.
Yeah me too

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: 870baller15 on December 19, 2017, 10:55:59 pm
I know early season don't count for much. But they put it in Hoxie earlier

NeaBaller21

Quote from: 870baller15 on December 19, 2017, 10:55:59 pm
Riverside girls beat them by 18 a few weeks ago...

HookNose

Crazy how nobody even mentioned Barton😂 nobody knows us and we were in the final four. Should've went to the championship but we ain't going to y'all about Drew central refs lol

LeftyWorld

Baptist Prep is going to win it next year......

biglion1985

Hey whoever scores the most points in the final game will win it this year

Informant

Baptist Prep... everyone else playing for second.

biglion1985

I don't know but what does Baptist prep have coming back this year

LeftyWorld

Quote from: biglion1985 on April 25, 2018, 04:32:30 pm
I don't know but what does Baptist prep have coming back this year

Mcbride will be Back and that's all they need.

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: LeftyWorld on April 25, 2018, 06:25:51 pm
Mcbride will be Back and that's all they need.

They are losing 4 big guys and their main PG facilitator & perimeter defender, but have several underclassmen that gained a lot of experience last season and a boat load of guys coming up that can shoot the rock.  It remains to be seen if their defense will be as much of a force as it has been the last 3 years.

Bbal789

Baptist Prep is losing a lot of size and experience. Also find it hard to see Mcbride leave his senior year after three rings at one school already.

LRRandy

Quote from: Bbal789 on May 03, 2018, 03:25:25 pm
Baptist Prep is losing a lot of size and experience. Also find it hard to see Mcbride leave his senior year after three rings at one school already.
I'm on the fence. It would surprise me if he stays. Like Connor, what else does he have to prove in mid level Arkansas basketball. Just practicing daily against kids in a bigger school setting or even a prep school would be more beneficial for his future. And now they have to play a 3a schedule. It is the only school he has gone to. Friends and community can mean a lot. Only he knows. And he ain't sayin. Yet. 

eagle1

Quote from: LRRandy on May 04, 2018, 11:58:32 am
I'm on the fence. It would surprise me if he stays. Like Connor, what else does he have to prove in mid level Arkansas basketball. Just practicing daily against kids in a bigger school setting or even a prep school would be more beneficial for his future. And now they have to play a 3a schedule. It is the only school he has gone to. Friends and community can mean a lot. Only he knows. And he ain't sayin. Yet. 

I think he stays (and by the way, believe Connor should have stayed for his Sr year as well) and with him, Baptist will be in the hunt and should be one of the favorites. Tough to win four in a row though.

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: eagle1 on May 15, 2018, 01:10:03 pm
I think he stays (and by the way, believe Connor should have stayed for his Sr year as well) and with him, Baptist will be in the hunt and should be one of the favorites. Tough to win four in a row though.

It would be nice if a great College offer that gets him excited would roll in this week.  He has some good ones, but I think he deserves better.  Was hoping Georgia Tech would step up after showing some interest, since the Hogs seem to be full.   

ISU7

Quote from: RamblinRazorWreck on May 16, 2018, 09:03:35 am
It would be nice if a great College offer that gets him excited would roll in this week.  He has some good ones, but I think he deserves better.  Was hoping Georgia Tech would step up after showing some interest, since the Hogs seem to be full.
McBride is going to Kansas.
Rock Chalk Jayhawk.

mustang12

After watching Riverview boys play Brookland last night, they gonna win it all. No one in 3a can match up with them. They had some kids not even dressing out and could've won.

mustang12

Although Manila is good too...maybe McBride can put the 4 peat?

Neckred

Nobody in 3a is gonna beat McBride.  Too good

Head Lion

Quote from: Neckred on November 16, 2018, 02:11:01 pm
Nobody in 3a is gonna beat McBride.  Too good
sad as I hate to say it, barring injury everyone else is playing for 2nd.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas