• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2-4A

Started by JacketBB, November 07, 2008, 06:41:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JacketBB

Anyone know how the 2-4A conference is going to be. (Jr. Boys).  What does Stuttgart, Dewitt, Lonoke, Bald Knob, SS Batesville have this season?

ricebird99

Stuttgart undoubtly will take it all

JacketBB

I agree that Stutgart could be the team to beat, but they have to travel to Clinton in January.  Clinton, led by John Price are hard to beat in Yellowjacket Arena.

ricebird99

Clinton could be tough..but Stuttgarts point guard Jordan Daniels has handles like no other, and their shooting guard Morgan Ragland rains shots all day.  And the down low power of Hayden Ward...unstoppable.
So its gonna be tought for any team to keep up with the ricebirds

JacketBB

You haven't seen handles until you see Price.  He also shoots the 3 off the dribble.  He averaged 17 points a game last year as an 8th grader.  He also shot 90% from the free throw line, so don't foul him.  Clinton also has two big men down low, who clean the boards.

I'm familiar with Jordan Daniel.  He is very quick and gets to the rack.  It should be a fun game when they play.  Maybe they can both be undefeated when they meet.

JacketBB

Clinton played their first game tonight at Atkins.  Clinton was up 34-12 at half and Price had 20.  He didn't get to play in the 2nd half.  He could of easily scored 40.  Admittly, Atkins was not very good, but Clinton looked pretty sharp.  They will have more of a challegen Thursday at Mt. View. :)

JacketBB

Have the ricebirds played yet?  Give us a report.

tank

The Dewitt jr. Dragons have potential.  Their record is not  that great, but they have been in some close games (already two overtime games).  Most of their starters are football players, so they are a little rusty.  They have some good size.  Dalton Cox is about 6'4".  He was #8 (receiver) in football.  They have a young coach.  Don't really like his game plan, but they will get better. 

JacketBB

Thanks for the info on Dewitt.  Can you tell me who you have played and scores?

tank

lost to Brinkley by 1 pt.  lost to Hazen and Des Arc in overtime.  Not sure how they fared with England.  Start conference play against Bald Knob. 

gojackets14

How about making this the only thread to talk about the 2-4A. Sound good guys?

jonesberg

stuutgart jr high hasnt won but one game and that was at dollarway and lost a close one at tha buzzer to robey jordan daniels is a good ball player and they have improved since the beginning of tha season when dollarway beat them

JacketBB

Clinton lost to Marianna 64-61 Friday night.  Next conference game isn't until January 9th when Clinton plays Stuttgart at Clinton.  It should be a fun match up, because the two point guards played on the same AAU team last summer. :)

bobcatfan90

Quote from: JacketBB on December 15, 2008, 04:16:16 pm
Clinton lost to Marianna 64-61 Friday night.  Next conference game isn't until January 9th when Clinton plays Stuttgart at Clinton.  It should be a fun match up, because the two point guards played on the same AAU team last summer. :)

So is this their first loss?  What is their record now?

JacketBB

Clinton is 8-1 after the loss to Marianna.  They have a good record, but really haven't played anyone that good before the Marianna game.

The Marianna coach said that they are 2-5, which includes the win over Clinton.  He said they have been getting blown out by Memphis teams, so as of right now, I don't know who could be the team to beat in the conference.

#1 Trojan

Actually, Marianna's non-conference schedule consisted nothing but West Memphis and Marion..And So Far They Have Been In Two Close Games with West Memphis West and East

JacketBB

That's good to hear.  Maybe Clinton has a chance in the conference after all.  But, why would the coach tell me they have been getting blown out by the Memphis teams.

sside4

watch southside ..there 5 starters are all pretty good..they all shoot the three and there fast..key wins was newport, mtn. view, batesville, cave city, and heber springs...beat newport by 18, mtn view by 5 batesville by 28, cave city by 14, heber by 18....lost to marianna by 2, and ICC by 7

JacketBB

Was the Marianna game at SS?  Clinton's record is 8-1, with the only loss to Marianna.  Clinton beat Mt. View 56-40 at Clinton.

sside4

yea it was at southside..

JacketBB

When does SS play again?  Clinton plays Perryville, in the Perryville Tourney, Saturday.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas