• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEMIFINALS - Rison @ Osceola

Started by 501Arkansas, November 23, 2018, 09:36:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who you got?

Osceola
34 (28.6%)
Rison
85 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 119

501Arkansas

November 23, 2018, 09:36:34 pm Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 01:10:19 am by Coach DePriest, Shiloh Christian
Big win for Osceola tonight against smackover 24-21. Good win for rison as they move on and play Osceola. Thoughts?

Head Lion

RHScats

501Arkansas

sportsguy80

A lot of tradition between these two...

thegoat

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 23, 2018, 09:36:34 pm
Big win for Osceola tonight against smackover 24-21. Good win for rison as they move on and play Osceola. Thoughts?
Rison by 40

knownothingboutfallball

501Arkansas

CoolBreeze

Waterboy94

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Waterboy94 on November 23, 2018, 10:20:10 pm
Rison by 200
I figured if people were going to be ridiculous, we might as well go whole hog.

501Arkansas

elmerfudd

Sounds like an auction in here!

501Arkansas

Come on guys let's be serious lol

WonderWartHawg

Should be a good game.
Maybe the first real test for Rison all year.
We'll see how the Cats travel.
Have to admit was hoping for Smackover, easier travel for our fans plus we have a rich history with them.
Hope you field is in better shape that Smackover's though.

501Arkansas

Quote from: WonderWartHawg on November 23, 2018, 10:34:59 pm
Should be a good game.
Maybe the first real test for Rison all year.
We'll see how the Cats travel.
Have to admit was hoping for Smackover, easier travel for our fans plus we have a rich history with them.
Hope you field is in better shape that Smackover's though.
Our field is turf don't have anything to worry about. Smackover field was terrible but we did what we came to do

WonderWartHawg

Good. We are accustomed to turf at home.

MamaKitty

So I started a thread without seeing this one had been started. 🤦🏻‍♀️  Anyway...I need logistics lol. We are coming a long way next week so here's what I wanna know:

I'm just wanting some basic information about Osceola.
1) Good places to eat?
2) What is the seating situation like at their stadium? Should we bring lawn chairs?

Looking forward to a good game between two good teams.

Head Lion

Mexican resteraunt on main road close to Walmart best food in town. Plenty of seating on visitor side. Concessions a D at best, be full when you get to game. Not a real hotel for a nights stay. Plus get gas in West Memphis/Marion, Osceola 10-15 cents higher than anyone within 50 miles. 👍🏼

flow51

Big visitor bleachers... no need for lawn chairs. Nice turf well lit field. Only thing is you will park behind visitors bleachers and the lighting is poor in parking lot. Well actually there was no lighting their last year. As far as food... we stopped along the way. They do have some fast food places though. Visitors side has its own concession.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Head Lion on November 23, 2018, 10:58:21 pm
Mexican resteraunt on main road close to Walmart best food in town. Plenty of seating on visitor side. Concessions a D at best, be full when you get to game. Not a real hotel for a nights stay. Plus get gas in West Memphis/Marion, Osceola 10-15 cents higher than anyone within 50 miles. 👍🏼
Yeah you beat me to it head lion and also you might want to just stop along the way. Mexican restaurant is about it really. We have two of them

ISU7

November 23, 2018, 11:28:16 pm #21 Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 11:33:15 pm by ISU7
Osceola has a least 3 nice hotels gas a mile in to Osceola is 229 it's a straight shot off the expressway and back so its no hassle. Safe travels to Rison and their fans. Seminole stadium is very nice you can bring chair backs if you wanna sit back.

501Arkansas

Quote from: ISU7 on November 23, 2018, 11:28:16 pm
Osceola has a least 3 nice hotels gas a mile in to Osceola is 229 it's a straight shot off the expressway and back so is no hassle. Safe travels to Rison and their fans. Seminole stadium is very nice you can bring chair backs if you wanna sit back.
+1

biglion1985

If I didn't already have plans that I would be there watching it

MR#1

Is this the first meeting between Rison and Osceola? If not, what's the history?

Warriors023

Anxious to see how this game turns out. Two very volitale offenses in this match up. If it wasn't across the state from me I'd go and enjoy some amazing 3AAA football

ISU7

Should be a dandy Noles tough at home.

501Arkansas

Jimbo Morphis

Redskin2015

Noles by 16  good luck guys from here in Randolph county go get that dub

wildcat4life

Questions:  1:  is there a place for lawn chairs in the end zone area? 
2:  is Osceola's field turf? 

Looking forward to this game!  Rison travels well and so do their fans, so this should be a good one! 

501Arkansas

Quote from: wildcat4life on November 24, 2018, 09:05:27 am
Questions:  1:  is there a place for lawn chairs in the end zone area? 
2:  is Osceola's field turf? 

Looking forward to this game!  Rison travels well and so do their fans, so this should be a good one!
Yes the field is turf and no need for lawn chairs.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Redskin2015 on November 24, 2018, 08:57:08 am
Noles by 16  good luck guys from here in Randolph county go get that dub
Thanks man hooks will have these boys ready

501Arkansas

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 24, 2018, 09:11:11 am
Yes the field is turf and no need for lawn chairs.
If you want to sit back, bring back chairs

bootsie84

Quote from: MR#1 on November 24, 2018, 12:21:14 am
Is this the first meeting between Rison and Osceola? If not, what's the history?
Wasn't it Osceola that we beat in the finals in '50?  If not, I know we played them in the playoffs that year.

ISU7

Quote from: bootsie84 on November 24, 2018, 09:52:32 am
Wasn't it Osceola that we beat in the finals in '50?  If not, I know we played them in the playoffs that year.
Who was the quarterback Alfred Hitchcock 🤣😂

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: bootsie84 on November 24, 2018, 09:52:32 am

I think so too. I remember seeing the football in the trophy case at the south end of the hall in the old high school building. There was one from beating Atkins in the playoffs that year as well. Rison's first state championship out of the 8 they have now.

bootsie84

Quote from: ISU7 on November 24, 2018, 10:20:37 am
Who was the quarterback Alfred Hitchcock 🤣😂
The quarterback was George Walker. He went on to become an all-conference legend for the Razorbacks from 1953-1956.  He then had a long and successful career with Simmons Bank.

HoodRat

Quote from: bootsie84 on November 24, 2018, 10:25:39 am
The quarterback was George Walker. He went on to become an all-conference legend for the Razorbacks from 1953-1956.  He then had a long and successful career with Simmons Bank.
And is also who the stadium is named after..George Walker Field Of Champions 😉

501Arkansas

MamaKitty

Quote from: HoodRat on November 24, 2018, 10:45:12 am
And is also who the stadium is named after..George Walker Field Of Champions 😉

Our boys will def be pumped to know this. Totty is big on wildcat history and tradition. They will want this dub even more now! I'm sorry I just think hat is so cool!!

wildcat4life

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 24, 2018, 09:25:33 am
If you want to sit back, bring back chairs
What if we prefer lawn chairs, ca we bring them and can we sit in the End Zone area? 

flow51

The field has a track and fence around it. Almost positive that they arnt going to allow anyone inside the fence other than anyone affiliated with the team until the game is over.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: wildcat4life on November 24, 2018, 12:03:21 pm
What if we prefer lawn chairs, ca we bring them and can we sit in the End Zone area? 
Only at your house.

Steelseminole95

Not allowed to sit on field at Osceola we have a large stadium you will have a seat

wildcat4life

Quote from: Oldman on November 24, 2018, 12:21:01 pm
Only at your house.

Okay, not a problem, just prefer the view from the End Zone.  We can cheer and watch from anywhere to support our cats!  Go Rison!  We can slobberknock with the best of them!!! 

CoachWhite

Jimbo Morphis

xadboy

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas