• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

QUARTERFINALS - Lamar @ Rison

Started by Hitman Warrior23, November 16, 2018, 09:50:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hitman Warrior23

November 16, 2018, 09:50:55 pm Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 07:25:19 pm by Coach DePriest, Shiloh Christian
What's Everyone's thoughts?
What does Rison do to score so many points?

And predictions?

I'm going Lamar by 1.  Matchup we love defending the run!

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on November 16, 2018, 09:50:55 pm
What's Everyone's thoughts?
What does Rison do to score so many points?

Get into the end zone.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 16, 2018, 09:55:21 pm
Get into the end zone.

YEP!! We got a smart one! Thanks for you input!

#1wildcatfan

Waterboy94

wildcatrider

RHScats

SportsManiac

Lamar has a very good run defense but Rison can move it on anyone, I'll take Rison but don't sleep on Lamar

Hitman Warrior23

Edited my topic cause i didn't expect the "shove it down your throat" team to get past Mayflower. 
So obviously my bad.  And HUGE congrats to EVERYONE!
Lamar I feel defends the run great. I like us in this matchup if the trip don't hurt us and we come ready!

CoolBreeze

The Warriors skinned one breed of Wildcats in round 2, but the ones they face in the quarterfinals will be a bit harder to handle. It will be a long ride home.

Hitman Warrior23

And I'll say again CONGRATS ,  I hope as any fan for victory. 

Tristram Shandy

Let's be realistic, Rison has dominated every opponent. All but two or three games were mercy-ruled.  Closest game thus far is a 16-point margin of victory over McGehee, a playoff team.  Rison goes  go up and down the field all night scoring points.  They are going to drop forty points on Lamar and make them like it.  It is inevitable....

Hitman Warrior23

Any good Burger joints in Rison?

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: Tristram Shandy on November 16, 2018, 11:47:41 pm
Let's be realistic, Rison has dominated every opponent. All but two or three games were mercy-ruled.  Closest game thus far is a 16-point margin of victory over McGehee, a playoff team.  Rison goes  go up and down the field all night scoring points.  They are going to drop forty points on Lamar and make them like it.  It is inevitable....

Again any good burger joints? Who you have played has nothing to do with who you are about to play. Maybe just maybe above your thinking.   Again best of luck to both teams.   But it's the playoffs WHAT YOU HAVE DONE has nothing to do what YOU THINKING YOU GONNA DO!

Risonwildcat212

If you want a burger in Rison, you need to go to the Main Street Cafe. Honestly there are very few dining options in Rison but the cafe has good food and some locals to talk football with. So it's a pretty good option.

1wildcat

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on November 16, 2018, 11:52:43 pm
Again any good burger joints? Who you have played has nothing to do with who you are about to play. Maybe just maybe above your thinking.   Again best of luck to both teams.   But it's the playoffs WHAT YOU HAVE DONE has nothing to do what YOU THINKING YOU GONNA DO!
You are very confused. Rison knows what they are gonna do. The only thinking about it is you know what they are gonna do as well and you think you can stop it. Reality will set in somewhere around half time and you will be so demoralized that you just say I'm sick and tired of getting beat down every play and you will give up.

There is a great little burger joint on main street called the sandwich shop. Just make sure the team eats their Wheaties several days in a row before they step on the field. And you can go ahead and forewarn your team, it's gonna hurt! ;D  Good Luck and hopefully no injuries. 

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: 1wildcat on November 17, 2018, 12:16:26 am
You are very confused. Rison knows what they are gonna do. The only thinking about it is you know what they are gonna do as well and you think you can stop it. Reality will set in somewhere around half time and you will be so demoralized that you just say I'm sick and tired of getting beat down every play and you will give up.

There is a great little burger joint on main street called the sandwich shop. Just make sure the team eats their Wheaties several days in a row before they step on the field. And you can go ahead and forewarn your team, it's gonna hurt! ;D  Good Luck and hopefully no injuries.

:) get to bed early you got practice tomorrow.   Any adults in this thread?

1wildcat

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on November 17, 2018, 12:18:13 am
:) get to bed early you got practice tomorrow.   Any adults in this thread?
LOL I been around this neck of the woods a long time.

MICHAELSPAPPY

November 17, 2018, 08:37:18 am #18 Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 08:41:52 am by MICHAELSPAPPY
Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on November 17, 2018, 12:18:13 am
Any adults in this thread?

There generally aren't any on Fearless Friday. At least not many who could prove it. But it's all for fun, anyway.

I have no idea how Rison would match up against Lamar. But I will say that Lamar is one of the least spectacular-looking 10-2 teams you will see. They don't overwhelm you on the eye test. They won't break a whole lot of big gainers. They aren't fancy. They don't have blazing speed. But they just keep at you.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Does anyone know if the Lamar streaming will be available next Friday?

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on November 17, 2018, 08:37:18 am
There generally aren't any on Fearless Friday. At least not many who could prove it. But it's all for fun, anyway.

I have no idea how Rison would match up against Lamar. But I will say that Lamar is one of the least spectacular-looking 10-2 teams you will see. They don't overwhelm you on the eye test. They won't break a whole lot of big gainers. They aren't fancy. They don't have blazing speed. But they just keep at you.

Sounds like a good game ahead.  I was a little concerned that both Hoxie and Mayflower were able to put some sustained drives together against Rison's defense. Too many missed tackles and yards after contact for Mayflower. 
Rison keeps after you on offense as well, but they do have a little speed and can get a few big gainers.
Should be a good night of football.

1wildcat

Lamar will keep it close for a while, but Rison will eventually pull away to win by at least 21.

HoodRat

From what I've seen of Lamar, I say those Cats walk away with it and go straight  to the Smei's

MICHAELSPAPPY

The Warriors have had a couple of games in which they played really well, several where they played just well enough to win, and one in which they stunk up the stadium - completely. Hopefully we can get some consistency now.

beach bum

Got to give Lamar a ton of credit for getting smacked around the last two weeks of the regular season.... Only to turn around and put back to back quality wins together including last nights utter domination. All that said, Rison will be just too much to handle for Lamar from a standpoint of not having the horses to get it done with what Rison will bring. There is no shame in that as Rison looks to be a for real force.

Rison 36
Lamar 14

Horse Shoe

This one is gonna turn out to be a lot like the last two trips Lamar made to Smackover.  Gonna be a long ride home.

Risonwildcat212

Anyone got some information on Lamar. Offense, playmakers, anything would be appreciated.

The Beast Of 08

Traditionville pulls out a close one. A late score gives them a 13 point victory

xadboy

Quote from: Horse Shoe on November 17, 2018, 12:07:30 pm
This one is gonna turn out to be a lot like the last two trips Lamar made to Smackover.  Gonna be a long ride home.
So Rison is just as good as Smackover?

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on November 17, 2018, 12:19:08 pm
Anyone got some information on Lamar. Offense, playmakers, anything would be appreciated.

Decent size on the line. Big tight end who can catch. Running backs are not great big, but they run hard and get the extra yards up the middle. Decent speed, but not outstanding. Can pass, but don't much. Offensive line, when they are "on," are tough. Defense against the run has been good all year, but against the pass has been suspect - until last night against Harding, when we looked very good. Two losses vs. Booneville and Charleston. Played well against Bville but did not have the horses. Totally failed to show up against Charleston.

TheTruth2010

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on November 17, 2018, 12:19:08 pm
Lamar is going to run the football down your throat and will use up a lot of time doing it. If Rison keeps Lamar behind the sticks it'll be a long game for Lamar. If Lamar can run it, it'll be close. Y'all all act like Rison is the world beaters of 3a. Lamar had already played a better team In Boonville. Wasn't scared then, most certainly not scared now. Rison will remember they were in a football game the next day. That is fact.

Horse Shoe

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on November 17, 2018, 01:08:43 pm
Lamar is going to run the football down your throat and will use up a lot of time doing it. If Rison keeps Lamar behind the sticks it'll be a long game for Lamar. If Lamar can run it, it'll be close. Y'all all act like Rison is the world beaters of 3a. Lamar had already played a better team In Boonville. Wasn't scared then, most certainly not scared now. Rison will remember they were in a football game the next day. That is fact.
And you're acting like Rison hasn't played teams perceived to be better than Lamar. Few on here would say Lamar is better than Mayflower or McGehee. Especially Mayflower on offense

Tristram Shandy

Quote from: xadboy on November 17, 2018, 12:34:45 pm
So Rison is just as good as Smackover?

No, Rison is better than Smackover.  Rison hasn't been challenged all year.  Just dropped 62 points on a team that had been considered by many to be Rison's equal. No team yet has had an answer for Rison's prolific ground assault.  No answer shall be found, as there is no answer. 

HG Hornet

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: Tristram Shandy on November 17, 2018, 01:35:48 pm
No, Rison is better than Smackover.  Rison hasn't been challenged all year.  Just dropped 62 points on a team that had been considered by many to be Rison's equal. No team yet has had an answer for Rison's prolific ground assault.  No answer shall be found, as there is no answer.

Listen, I am from Rison (originally) and a Rison fan of course, but that kind of thinking will get a team beat.
I sure hope none of the players are thinking like that.   I know Coach Totty isn't.

It's fun to talk smack, and I know that's what you are doing - but we are NOT 'unbeatable'.  As soon as you start thinking like that, you are on your way to defeat.

We are not past Lamar yet, way too early to talk about a dang good Smackover team that will be a heck of a challenge if we get to play them.

Much work to do.

1wildcat

Quote from: WonderWartHawg on November 17, 2018, 02:25:36 pm
Listen, I am from Rison (originally) and a Rison fan of course, but that kind of thinking will get a team beat.
I sure hope none of the players are thinking like that.   I know Coach Totty isn't.

It's fun to talk smack, and I know that's what you are doing - but we are NOT 'unbeatable'.  As soon as you start thinking like that, you are on your way to defeat.

We are not past Lamar yet, way too early to talk about a dang good Smackover team that will be a heck of a challenge if we get to play them.

Much work to do.
If he was one of the players I would agree with you 100% But a fan expressing his pride and faith in his team on a message board will have no effect on the outcome of the game.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Rison will be and should be the favorite, but Lamar is the type of team that can jump up and bite you if you are not ready for them. They play fundamental, hard-nosed football and have not had a huge number of turnovers.

MICHAELSPAPPY

And then there is the Doc Factor.

1wildcat

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on November 17, 2018, 02:38:17 pm
Rison will be and should be the favorite, but Lamar is the type of team that can jump up and bite you if you are not ready for them. They play fundamental, hard-nosed football and have not had a huge number of turnovers.
This is correct. If Rison is thinking of anything other than Lamar they could very well lose this one, Lamar has a good team. However I'm confident Totty will have them ready. I still feel it will be a good hard fought game as long as Lamar thinks they have a chance. If they start seeing Rison is pulling away and their chances are all but gone at any point it will get ugly quick.

Tristram Shandy

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on November 17, 2018, 01:08:43 pm

"Lamar has already played a better team in Booneville." Oh really? Heard that from Hoxie (Truman, Newport, Osceola) and Mayflower (Glen Rose). Argument didn't work in either case.  It will be a critical error for Lamar to consider Rison a weaker team than Booneville.

MICHAELSPAPPY

I am concerned about Rison having breakaway speed. Warriors are going to have to be very physical up front.

HorseFeathers

Game is over by 830....If it's close neither team may attempt a pass until the 4Q

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 17, 2018, 03:42:49 pm
Game is over by 830....If it's close neither team may attempt a pass until the 4Q

Win or lose, at least Lamar will get to start home fairly early.

xadboy

Guess the Rison posters think Lamar shouldn't even show up and just forfiet the game. Well that isn't going to happen. Just keep thinking that way and your season will be over. Be warned, there's a storm brewing and will hit Rison come Friday night.

RHScats

Quote from: xadboy on November 17, 2018, 03:54:03 pm
Guess the Rison posters think Lamar shouldn't even show up and just forfiet the game. Well that isn't going to happen. Just keep thinking that way and your season will be over. Be warned, there's a storm brewing and will hit Rison come Friday night.
A storm hits Rison every Friday night home game my dude.  If you have never been there then you should come.  Quite a show!!!!

xadboy

Quote from: RHScats on November 17, 2018, 04:36:36 pm
A storm hits Rison every Friday night home game my dude.  If you have never been there then you should come.  Quite a show!!!!
You've never seen a storm like this.

MR#1

All teams are good when you get to the quarters. And, as someone stated in this thread or possibly another thread, it usually comes down to 2, 3, or 4 plays. I think Rison makes those plays and 'team speed' will be involved.

My not-so-bold prediction:

Rison 34
Lamar 20

Good luck to both teams. Go Cats!

RHScats

Quote from: xadboy on November 17, 2018, 05:42:13 pm
You've never seen a storm like this.
I have watched Ned Perme over hype storms my whole life.  Nothing new!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas