• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3a state track meet @ green forest

Started by Ralphina, May 03, 2013, 07:23:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralphina

I have never been to green forest until last night and I hope I never have to go back! That track meet was the most unorganized meet I've ever seen......They never announced point totals so noone knew who was winning! They finally finished the long jump during the mile relay!! The people there were the most prejudiced people I've ever seen!! I think state meets should be centrally located.....just a bad experience!!

jvance

I was also at green forest for the first time yesterday. They did announce points throughout the meet. The only reason the long jump took so long was the long jump board got extremely slick from the rain and had to wait for girl triple jump to finish and use that side ( it was much safer). As for the prejudice statement that is a false statement. This meet had nothing to do with the color of anyone's skin but the talents of a very talented group of young men and women. Congrats to all that competed and the snow this morning was the icing to a great 3-A track season. A job well done Green Forest you have a very nice facility.

wildcatXC

Green Forest did a great job...great facility, events were correctly run (i.e. measuring every throw, no "qualifying distance" like last year...fine for an invite, unacceptable for a state meet), and things were generally pleasant!

KOJACK

Quote from: jvance on May 03, 2013, 11:22:10 pm
I was also at green forest for the first time yesterday. They did announce points throughout the meet. The only reason the long jump took so long was the long jump board got extremely slick from the rain and had to wait for girl triple jump to finish and use that side ( it was much safer). As for the prejudice statement that is a false statement. This meet had nothing to do with the color of anyone's skin but the talents of a very talented group of young men and women. Congrats to all that competed and the snow this morning was the icing to a great 3-A track season. A job well done Green Forest you have a very nice facility.
says the guy who has only white athletes.

Harrybear

Green Forest has one of the more diverse populations in  Northern Arkansas. How do you think they were being racist? Is because things didnt work out for your team and it is easier to say you were cheated. How many points were you cheated out of and how many did you lose by? I've been to many State track meets and it was better than most. Saying they were racist might make you feel better, but it does little to help the kids deal with the way life is.

KOJACK

Quote from: Harrybear on May 07, 2013, 09:08:31 am
Green Forest has one of the more diverse populations in  Northern Arkansas. How do you think they were being racist? Is because things didnt work out for your team and it is easier to say you were cheated. How many points were you cheated out of and how many did you lose by? I've been to many State track meets and it was better than most. Saying they were racist might make you feel better, but it does little to help the kids deal with the way life is.
yea I saw a few Mexicans now that you mentioned it.

Harrybear

KOJACK

Quote from: Harrybear on May 07, 2013, 12:20:30 pm
WOW! Whos racist?
what would you call someone from mexico? Are they not mexicans?

Beaver Fever

How do you know they are from Mexico?

ghoti

Quote from: Harrybear on May 07, 2013, 09:08:31 am
prescott had very little room for error at the state meet after losing a key member of their track team from a wreck on prom night. a phs student lost their life in the wreck. nothing to add there. as 4 kojack anyone who knows him will tell you not even close to being a racist. prescott has lost many state track meets due to injury, 2 years ago they lost 30 plus points when k-man couldnt compete.

KOJACK

Quote from: Beaver Fever on May 07, 2013, 01:58:22 pm
How do you know they are from Mexico?
Cause I said to them ¿Son ustedes de méxico... and they said si ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas