• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My 3A Top Ten

Started by Mike Bonds, September 18, 2017, 03:49:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 20, 2017, 01:44:45 pm
and maybe you should quit whining and look at the facts. Top ten teams do not normally have 3+ turnovers a game, plus the number that were in the red zone. Top ten teams are not held to 1 first down in a half by a team that has yet to win. While I agree Rivercrest defense is worthy of a top slot, their offense has problems to work on. If I was from Corning, should I rank them in the top 10? Will the Colts move up on everyone's list? Probably. But unlike hooten's, I don't rank based on history. The two spaces under Prescott? That's because right now they are that much better than #2.
HAHA Please

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Quote from: ISU7 on September 21, 2017, 09:38:39 pm
Mohawkfan2005 i never said RC was better than Piggott. Piggott was better than RC last season but that didnt stop RC and Newport from sharing the conference crown ;D. all I was saying is Gosnell isnt an easy team to beat and i believe they could beat Rector, Hazen and Portageville, nothing meant against the Mohawks.
That's classic!

KOJACK

I don't guess I ever realized how the JC fans were...2A for so long and then irrelevant in 3A I guess is the reason. All I can gather is that they've thrown for 300 yds passing on the season and consider that balanced, and they can't take being called out. And they have a lot of time on their hands. Must be the dual citizenship...

dragondad

September 22, 2017, 09:13:43 am #53 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 09:20:27 am by dragondad
Quote from: KOJACK on September 22, 2017, 09:04:24 am
I don't guess I ever realized how the JC fans were...2A for so long and then irrelevant in 3A I guess is the reason. All I can gather is that they've thrown for 300 yds passing on the season and consider that balanced, and they can't take being called out. And they have a lot of time on their hands. Must be the dual citizenship...

Irrelevant?   First season in 3A last year with a tiny senior class and issues within team and lost by 1 in the second round,  ranked in top 10 nearly all season.  Season 2 in 3A and leadingthe entire state in rushing total, and ranked 14th in the nation for rushing, sitting in the top 2 to 4 of every poll in print.  Irrelevant?  You should find a new drug,  yours has either ceased to be effective or fried your brain.

LOL!  How exactly were we "called out"?   What you fail to let sink in is,  just because they haven't thrown for 1,200 to match their 1,200 rushing, doesn't mean or prove that they aren't balanced..... it's only week 4 smart guy, and no one has given them reason to throw when they've left the run wide open.  Look at film,  see the passes and catches that have been made.  Balanced doesn't necessarily mean they will always have rushing equal passing,  it means they have the ability to do either equally well depending on the flow of the game.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: dragondad on September 22, 2017, 09:13:43 am
Irrelevant?   First season in 3A last year with a tiny senior class and issues within team and lost by 1 in the second round,  ranked in top 10 nearly all season.  Season 2 in 3A and leadingthe entire state in rushing total, and ranked 14th in the nation for rushing, sitting in the top 2 to 4 of every poll in print.  Irrelevant?  You should find a new drug,  yours has either ceased to be effective or fried your brain.

LOL!  How exactly were we "called out"?   What you fail to let sink in is,  just because they haven't thrown for 1,200 to match their 1,200 rushing, doesn't mean or prove that they aren't balanced..... it's only week 4 smart guy, and no one has given them reason to throw when they've left the run wide open.  Look at film,  see the passes and catches that have been made.  Balanced doesn't necessarily mean they will always have rushing equal passing,  it means they have the ability to do either equally well depending on the flow of the game.
Cmon dad you are jumping in the boat like Proud Buck. Everyone knows you have a really good team.

dragondad

Quote from: Oldman on September 22, 2017, 10:13:05 am
Cmon dad you are jumping in the boat like Proud Buck. Everyone knows you have a really good team.

It's Friday, I'm 150' up in the air on a catwalk, twiddling my thumbs waiting on emissions testing to finish..... cut me some slack,  I'm bored..... but I've got a great view.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: dragondad on September 22, 2017, 10:15:47 am
It's Friday, I'm 150' up in the air on a catwalk, twiddling my thumbs waiting on emissions testing to finish..... cut me some slack,  I'm bored..... but I've got a great view.
What state?

dragondad

Quote from: Oldman on September 22, 2017, 10:27:25 am
What state?

AR, thank goodness.  I flew to Oregon Monday and flew back Wednesday.   I don't roam very far away on game days.

ISU7

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 22, 2017, 04:37:53 am
I've been over that. LOL. I'm just saying that this a new year. What teams did last year doesn't matter!
Just poking fun PB

ISU7

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 21, 2017, 03:24:05 pm
This is the same non-conf schedule Piggott had last year. This is the exact same team Piggott had last year, minus 3 starters (4?) and with another year's experience. Why don't you tell me why Rivercrest deserves a top 10 ranking and why Osceola, newport, and Rivercrest are better than Piggott?
I guess Osceola prove they were better with a impressive shutout.. 8)

501Arkansas

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 21, 2017, 03:24:05 pm
This is the same non-conf schedule Piggott had last year. This is the exact same team Piggott had last year, minus 3 starters (4?) and with another year's experience. Why don't you tell me why Rivercrest deserves a top 10 ranking and why Osceola, newport, and Rivercrest are better than Piggott?
Well Osceola just crushed Piggot 26 to 0 .

ISU7

Hoxie 28
Newport 07 final  :o

CoolBreeze

Newport and Harding Academy definitely out of the top 10 after tonight's losses.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: CoolBreeze on September 22, 2017, 09:55:25 pm
Newport and Harding Academy definitely out of the top 10 after tonight's losses.

I agree. I'll definitely have a shake up when I do the 42 sports top 10 post.

CoolBreeze

Piggott's probably out, too.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: CoolBreeze on September 22, 2017, 10:23:16 pm
Piggott's probably out, too.

Piggott out.. Osceola in. newport drops out. Hoxie in. HA drops down. Bald knob in.

ISU7

Quote from: ISU7 on September 20, 2017, 11:50:46 pm
If Gosnell played the same non conference schedule as Piggott they would be 3-0, plus you can miss blocks against Rector and still score easy. Gosnell will probably win their conference.
Gosnell 41
Brookland         00   final

BannerMountainMan

Do y'all atleast some of y'all consider Clinton in the top 10 yet? LOL

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on September 22, 2017, 10:53:15 pm

Look up 42 sports on Facebook. They are in the rankings that I do.

Skip Baymore

September 23, 2017, 12:29:48 am #69 Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 12:36:30 am by Skip Baymore

I think so.  My 4-10 needs another look but Clinton is definitely in it.

CoolBreeze

Clinton's problem is they're still untested for the most part. They have beat 2 4A teams, but CAC is awful and has been killed by everyone. The win over Heber Springs is the only one which could remotely qualify as a challenge so far. But they're only 2-2 with wins over struggling Harding Academy and winless Lonoke.

And they are unlikely to face much of a challenge in the conference schedule if they truly are a quality team. Thus, no one will know how good they are until the playoffs.

That said, with all the ranked teams who suffered disappointing, if not devastating, losses this week, 4-0 Clinton should probably move into the top 10.

Oldhound56

Hats off to Hoxie. They executed their game plan and got a few breaks. Newport looked flat the whole game.  Newport moved the ball well, but Hoxie stacked the box and Newport dropped several wide open passes. A couple of them would have been TD's. Newport also had several penalties at bad times. Two touchdowns called back, two dropped, and Hoxie's last score came on a pick six with about two minutes to go with Newport throwing into heavy coverage.

Hoxie is huge up front and will surprise some people. Newport will regroup and be ready next week.

ISU7

Im thinking if RiverCrest  plays # 1, 3, 4, 7,and  32 on offense at the same time the offense could be very explosive.  4 is a play maker and need to be in the slot or split out wide where he can draw one on one match ups.

Leo Marvin

I think the loss will be good for Newport going forward.  Most of Hoxie's points came from the deep pass.  Newport would have potentially gone through the entire season and not had anyone pass like that until the playoffs.  They will make some adjustments and deal with that.  Offense might be a little more challenging to correct.  Obviously the plan is to pass, but I don't know if it's there.  They have a running QB that might be called on if not.  Hats off to the coaching staff of Hoxie for their gameplan coming into the game.  It was a good one.

Oldhound56

I don't think the plan for Newport is to pass.  They had a few short gain plays that put them in 3rd and long.  They dropped wide open passes that hit them in the hands or overthrew wide open receivers.  It just wasn't their night, but I still believe that the plan is to run the football.

BlueCrew4U

1. JC
2. Prescott
3. Charleston
4. Clinton
5. Rivercrest
6. McGehee
7. Mayflower
8. Osceola
9. Gosnell
10. Newport

;D

luxora4life

Quote from: BlueCrew4U on September 25, 2017, 11:12:37 am
1. JC
2. Prescott
3. Charleston
4. Clinton
5. Rivercrest
6. McGehee
7. Mayflower
8. Osceola
9. Gosnell
10. Newport

;D

Gosnell? :(

KOJACK

Quote from: BlueCrew4U on September 25, 2017, 11:12:37 am
1. JC
2. Prescott
3. Charleston
4. Clinton
5. Rivercrest
6. McGehee
7. Mayflower
8. Osceola
9. Gosnell
10. Newport

;D
Your vote doesn't count.

OB11

Quote from: KOJACK on September 25, 2017, 11:48:14 am
Your vote doesn't count.

Having them at #9 in the 3A is a stretch. Not sure they'd crack the top 10 at this point in the season.

KOJACK

Quote from: OB11 on September 25, 2017, 11:51:19 am
Having them at #9 in the 3A is a stretch. Not sure they'd crack the top 10 at this point in the season.
lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas