• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-3A. Predictions heading into conference play

Started by MICHAELSPAPPY, September 17, 2017, 01:00:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MICHAELSPAPPY

So how will it end up, now that we have three games to look at? I assume we get five playoff spots this year?

Longfellow

5 teams will make the playoffs, but there are not 5 playoff teams in the 4-3A

CoolBreeze

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: Longfellow on September 17, 2017, 01:03:39 pm
5 teams will make the playoffs, but there are not 5 playoff teams in the 4-3A

That is true of practically all conferences. Ought to be the top two teams, but the AAA has its reason$ for their system.

YC

Simple solution to all this.

Change to eight conferences state wide for 4A, 3A, and 2A.

Only winner and runner-up makes playoffs.

Scheduling non-conference games would not be a problem and would most likely cut down on travel time.

It would also solve the problem of teams having to deal with byes

Of course, that would cut down some on the dollars taken in from the playoffs but regain some of the lost by cutting the AAA employees by fifty percent.

The last paragraph is why it will never be done.

It would be nice again to see making the playoffs as a reward for a good season and something to be proud about.

macadoshis

I think Charleston and Atkins are the only two teams that have a chance to move on into the second round. This conference is way way down this year. 

macadoshis

Tough Homecoming matchup for Lamar this week.  After this one, the Warriors will be in every game with the exception of Charleston.  Look for Harris to have a monster game for the Red Devils.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: macadoshis on September 17, 2017, 02:34:42 pm
I think Charleston and Atkins are the only two teams that have a chance to move on into the second round. This conference is way way down this year.
You never can tell. One of them might draw an opponent from the powerhouse 1-3A.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas