• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-3A Week 4

Started by beach bum, September 16, 2017, 10:09:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

It's conference play time.... Two out of four games should have some intrigue.

Charleston OVER Cedarville big..... Charleston just reloads and should handle everyone in this conference convincingly once again

Atkins by less than 10 OVER Lamar..... Some might think Atkins will win this running away. I don't quite think so. I think Lamar is going to end up having a little better season than what we first thought. Don't put much stock into the big defeat to Mount Ida. They are cruising on their way to what might be back to back 2A titles and will pummel a lot of people this year.

Mansfield by less than a touchdown OVER Paris..... My surprise of the year is Paris misses the playoffs at the 6 spot this season.

Perryville OVER Two Rivers by 35.... Surprised Perryville hasn't beat the two easier opponents on their non conference schedule by much more. I thought they were going to surprise this year, but starting to fade from that thought. They need to cherish this one as they might not get many more the rest of the year.

Mr.Bearded

Looks pretty good but I'm going to take Paris over Mansfield. Perryville won Friday night but they were playing against themselves more than they were Poyen. I think we had 7 turn overs with 3 or 4 coming in the red zone. And our pass defense is terrible as usual. If we can correct those two things we should be in pretty good shape.

beach bum

Quote from: Mr.Bearded on September 17, 2017, 08:09:46 pm
Looks pretty good but I'm going to take Paris over Mansfield. Perryville won Friday night but they were playing against themselves more than they were Poyen. I think we had 7 turn overs with 3 or 4 coming in the red zone. And our pass defense is terrible as usual. If we can correct those two things we should be in pretty good shape.

Ok that makes sense, I was left scratching my head looking at that Poyen score cause I thought Perryville would be just too powerful and strong with their good running game against them.

Mr.Bearded

Quote from: beach bum on September 17, 2017, 08:11:08 pm
Ok that makes sense, I was left scratching my head looking at that Poyen score cause I thought Perryville would be just too powerful and strong with their good running game against them.
It was just sloppy play all the way around for us Friday night. Didn't score until the last 4 mini of the game. And we made no adjustments that I could tell at the half. If they did our players didn't execute. The worst game I've seen Perryville play in two seasons

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on September 16, 2017, 10:09:08 pm
It's conference play time.... Two out of four games should have some intrigue.

Charleston OVER Cedarville big..... Charleston just reloads and should handle everyone in this conference convincingly once again

Atkins by less than 10 OVER Lamar..... Some might think Atkins will win this running away. I don't quite think so. I think Lamar is going to end up having a little better season than what we first thought. Don't put much stock into the big defeat to Mount Ida. They are cruising on their way to what might be back to back 2A titles and will pummel a lot of people this year.

Mansfield by less than a touchdown OVER Paris..... My surprise of the year is Paris misses the playoffs at the 6 spot this season.

Perryville OVER Two Rivers by 35.... Surprised Perryville hasn't beat the two easier opponents on their non conference schedule by much more. I thought they were going to surprise this year, but starting to fade from that thought. They need to cherish this one as they might not get many more the rest of the year.

Maybe Mansfield won't run the score up by letting the backup score once in the 4th ::)

macadoshis

Is the Red Devils running game as good as the passing game ?  Could be some wet weather.  We'll see how the Warriors bounce back after a very lop sided loss last week. All the hoopla of homecoming usually is nothing but a distraction.  Which is for sure not what the Warriors need taking on a very sold Atkins team. 

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 17, 2017, 08:27:05 pm
Maybe Mansfield won't run the score up by letting the backup score once in the 4th ::)

I was quite pleased to see Hector put up double nickels on Paris.... And I think a lot of people were too.

athletic supporter

Quote from: macadoshis on September 17, 2017, 08:52:13 pm
Is the Red Devils running game as good as the passing game ?  Could be some wet weather.  We'll see how the Warriors bounce back after a very lop sided loss last week. All the hoopla of homecoming usually is nothing but a distraction.  Which is for sure not what the Warriors need taking on a very sold Atkins team. 

In a word, yes

RTF

Not surprising Beach Bum... you would take pleasure in watching 16-18 year old kids lose. Typical....

HorseFeathers

Quote from: RTF on September 18, 2017, 11:24:33 am
Not surprising Beach Bum... you would take pleasure in watching 16-18 year old kids lose. Typical....

More the anguish of the fans....I've found that 16-18 yr old kids move on from it quicker than most adults

7AFball

September 18, 2017, 02:19:57 pm #10 Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 02:30:39 pm by 7AFball
Quote from: RTF on September 18, 2017, 11:24:33 am
So true what you indicate of Bum~   :-\  + for you RTF....  Now maybe it is more clear on my statement to you. LOL

RTF

September 18, 2017, 02:27:29 pm #11 Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 02:31:14 pm by RTF
Oh... so its not about the kids losing (even though it is their game). It's just about how your glad other people are feeling down. Nice! +1 to you. <----sarcasm

7AFball

Quote from: RTF on September 18, 2017, 02:27:29 pm
Oh... so its not about the kids losing (even though it is their game). It's just about how your glad other people are feeling down. Nice! +1 to you.
See my updated remark ... I am in total agreement with you...  Gave you a 1+ for sure...

RTF

No I got it 7a, sorry my reply button messes up. It was directed at Horsefeathers.

macadoshis

A lot of love here today.

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 18, 2017, 01:31:35 pm
More the anguish of the fans....I've found that 16-18 yr old kids move on from it quicker than most adults

This..... And I didn't know RTF was a part of the trophy generation. Apparently he advocates everyone wins and gets a trophy. How sad he has fallen into that trap.

HorseFeathers

Oh... so its not about the kids losing (even though it is their game). It's just about how your glad other people are feeling down. Nice! +1 to you. <----sarcasm

Like I said....I enjoy the anguish of the fans making butts out of their selves accusing teams of cheating and running up the score etc, more than seeing the kids who pour blood, sweat and tears into it losing.

Longfellow

#you're

macadoshis

Charleston starts the easy seven week stretch of their season. Watched them Friday night and those skill position players are pretty salty.  O-line play needs to get a little better I think. 

RTF

You enjoy the anguish of the fans... that is just sad. So much for it being about the kids.
Longfellow you are correct, thank you for your participation.

2010Tigerhaz-been

Quote from: RTF dlink=topic=152781.msg3503977#msg3503977 date=1505830514
You enjoy the anguish of the fans... that is just sad. So much for it being about the kids.
Longfellow you are correct, thank you for your participation.
when did you become such a drama queen?
B-but its about the kids! Think of the kids!
Yeah until YOU feel like smack talking a team right?
Maybe you should stick to interacting with people at the games if a little banter on an internet forum gets you twisted up so much.

General Lee Speaking

Quote from: 2010Tigerhaz-been on September 19, 2017, 09:24:00 am
when did you become such a drama queen?
B-but its about the kids! Think of the kids!
Yeah until YOU feel like smack talking a team right?
Maybe you should stick to interacting with people at the games if a little banter on an internet forum gets you twisted up so much.
This thread is wild. Can't even talk football because a Paris fan gets their panties in a wad. That's why I never post on here. Everyone gets too sore over nothing

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: General Lee Speaking on September 19, 2017, 09:31:24 am
This thread is wild. Can't even talk football because a Paris fan gets their panties in a wad. That's why I never post on here. Everyone gets too sore over nothing

Hard to say never when u just posted?

General Lee Speaking

OLDSCHOOL82

RTF

Nice! Now I am bringing some guys out of the woodwork!
I would interact with people at the games but I have not been to a single game this year. I don't feel like leaving my mother's basement.
General Lee... LOL

gold45

[/quote

It's boring when everyone is playing nice on here.  It's way more entertaining when everyone is getting all defensive and sore about nothing ;D

General Lee Speaking

Quote from: gold45 on September 19, 2017, 06:28:18 pm
[/quote

It's boring when everyone is playing nice on here.  It's way more entertaining when everyone is getting all defensive and sore about nothing ;D
I expect some ribbing and trash talk, but it really takes the fun out when people get upset about someone's opinion on an anonymous chat board

macadoshis

Agreed.  People get offended too easily. I know because I was one of those last few years.   But when you don't have one playing anymore it's easier not to not have rose colored glasses and give an honest opinion of your program.  Now granted,  you have some of your own that take offense and think you're abandoning the program.  That's what gets under my skin. You should be able to be critical of things you notice and observe without repercussions.   Not so with every program I'm finding out.

Longfellow

Quote from: macadoshis on September 19, 2017, 08:38:14 pm
Agreed.  People get offended too easily. I know because I was one of those last few years.   But when you don't have one playing anymore it's easier not to not have rose colored glasses and give an honest opinion of your program.  Now granted,  you have some of your own that take offense and think you're abandoning the program.  That's what gets under my skin. You should be able to be critical of things you notice and observe without repercussions.   Not so with every program I'm finding out.
The General and I have thick skin. Comes with being a supporter of Two Rivers over the past few years

beach bum

September 19, 2017, 09:33:09 pm #30 Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 09:35:01 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Longfellow on September 19, 2017, 09:30:11 pm
The General and I have thick skin. Comes with being a supporter of Two Rivers over the past few years

I have actually thought to myself before how people in your shoes are honestly the best posters on here through thick and thin. I may be off base on this next statement, but you may have started posting around when I did on fearless about 5 years ago now. At that time Two Rivers had actually won a playoff game and had a pretty good QB leading their team. I think its the worst to be a poster of those fringe programs where they give you false hope that they might take it to the next level, but never can make that next step. They win just enough to get your hope up and you win just enough to be ragged on when you lose to the big dogs. Those posters take a lot of punishment on here.

Longfellow

Quote from: beach bum on September 19, 2017, 09:33:09 pm
I have actually thought to myself before how people in your shoes are honestly the best posters on here through thick and thin. I may be off base on this next statement, but you may have started posting around when I did on fearless about 5 years ago now. At that time Two Rivers had actually won a playoff game and had a pretty good QB leading their team. I think its the worst to be a poster of those fringe programs where they give you false hope that they might take it to the next level, but never can make that next step. They win just enough to get your hope up and you win just enough to be ragged on when you lose to the big dogs. Those posters take a lot of punishment on here.
Well I actually played on that team. A big reason for the success we had was that on a team that had 15 seniors, about 10 of us had played together since the seventh grade. That makes a difference for a program. In the current state of affairs at TR, you never know who will and won't play. For all the hard work that the coaches put in, there is almost no commitment to the program from the rest of the student body

WPWells

Side note: I was going through old photos the other day and found one of Longfellow and same standing on the fence during the Charleston-Booneville playoff game. Good times!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on September 19, 2017, 09:33:09 pm

Always easier to be a fan/poster of a good team than a not so good team

RTF

Nice! It's good to know that I am ruining every ones trash talk. Also, the fact that you guys think I am taking this stuff seriously is hilarious. I just brought up a topic, without bringing up any specific team, and BOOM. lol

macadoshis

I was thinking the other day that when someone mentioned about the conference being weak,  I thought they were talking about the teams.  It's obviously the trash talk.  It feels like no one wants to mess with anyone because they're afraid they may offend someone.  Missing some of the greats like Adapted and Oldschool.

beach bum

Quote from: macadoshis on September 20, 2017, 03:53:45 pm
I was thinking the other day that when someone mentioned about the conference being weak,  I thought they were talking about the teams.  It's obviously the trash talk.  It feels like no one wants to mess with anyone because they're afraid they may offend someone.  Missing some of the greats like Adapted and Oldschool.

This conference is going to be insane next year with a loaded Booneville and Charleston.

beach bum

Quote from: Longfellow on September 19, 2017, 10:02:27 pm
Well I actually played on that team. A big reason for the success we had was that on a team that had 15 seniors, about 10 of us had played together since the seventh grade. That makes a difference for a program. In the current state of affairs at TR, you never know who will and won't play. For all the hard work that the coaches put in, there is almost no commitment to the program from the rest of the student body

Went back on maxpreps and saw you guys were even competitive in most of your conference losses and even the 2nd round game. The junior high has seemed better at Two Rivers with numbers so hopefully it gets better soon. I really gained a ton of respect for sure for that small group of kids that did stick it out last season.

nastynice

Quote from: beach bum on September 20, 2017, 05:19:33 pm
This conference is going to be insane next year with a loaded Booneville and Charleston.
Charleston WILL NOT be loaded next year. They'll lose all their good skilled guys but Caudle and Kengla......Booneville will return everyone but a corner and a def lineman. The game won't be too entertaining, but the trash talk will be good......That is if all the Chuck posters come back.

nastynice

Adapted can't really do a lot of trash talking anymore and OLDSCHOOL is still here, just up on the 4a boards.......Speaking of getting offended, Mac you spent all last year with your feelings hurt. I think you set a FF record for quitting and then coming back a day later. 

macadoshis

Next year won't be fun for any teams other than Booneville.   

beach bum

Quote from: nastynice on September 20, 2017, 05:30:30 pm
Charleston WILL NOT be loaded next year. They'll lose all their good skilled guys but Caudle and Kengla......Booneville will return everyone but a corner and a def lineman. The game won't be too entertaining, but the trash talk will be good......That is if all the Chuck posters come back.

I am curious to know if a team like Glen Rose, Prescott, and possibly one or two others brings a really high quality group through. If not 3A is going to have some serious trouble with the physicality that Booneville brings and I am not sure anyone can match that.

nastynice

Quote from: beach bum on September 20, 2017, 05:38:23 pm
I am curious to know if a team like Glen Rose, Prescott, and possibly one or two others brings a really high quality group through. If not 3A is going to have some serious trouble with the physicality that Booneville brings and I am not sure anyone can match that.
Preskitt is always good. But after last years group and good again this year, you'd think it'd be hard to be great 3 years in a row. I have in idea bout Glen Rose or HA. Be our luck HA will have one of their stout teams again and skull drag us. Booneville will most likely stay down in 3a for a couple cycles this time and we have good group of kids in 7th and 8th.

CoolBreeze

September 20, 2017, 06:25:00 pm #43 Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 06:33:00 pm by CoolBreeze
Quote from: nastynice on September 20, 2017, 05:30:30 pm
They may lose a lot, but somehow Chuck just seems to reload every year. And I seem to remember a few years ago, Booneville slipped down into 3A and certain posters awarded them the state championship before the season began. About 2104, wasn't it? How did that turn out? If I remember correctly, they didn't win the conference. It seems they lost twice to the same team. Now, who was that?

Could history repeat itself next year?

nastynice

Quote from: CoolBreeze on September 20, 2017, 06:25:00 pm
They may lose a lot, but somehow Chuck just seems to reload every year. And I seem to remember a few years ago, Booneville slipped down into 3A and certain posters awarded them the state championship before the season began. About 2104, wasn't it? How did that turn out? If I remember correctly, they didn't win the conference. It seems they lost twice to the same team. Now, who was that?

Could history repeat itself next year?

Not even close comparison. In 2014 Chuck was returning most everyone, Booneville was returning a few.  Next year Booneville will return everyone, Chuck won't......If you think Chuck reloads every year, just hide and watch the next 4-5 years after this year. Now if Chuck were returning everyone from this years good team, then we'd have a similar situation to 2014.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: nastynice on September 20, 2017, 06:40:37 pm
Not even close comparison. In 2014 Chuck was returning most everyone, Booneville was returning a few.  Next year Booneville will return everyone, Chuck won't......If you think Chuck reloads every year, just hide and watch the next 4-5 years after this year. Now if Chuck were returning everyone from this years good team, then we'd have a similar situation to 2014.
Interesting. But I seem to remember hearing on FF that Booneville had so much of the previous year' 4A team returning inn 2014, that neither Chuck nor anyone else had a chance against them.

GBattack

Chuck lost 16 starters to graduation...this years team is unseasoned and should only get better as the season goes on. And though we may be inexperienced in many positions after this year...we will be just fine. I like to attribute it to the fact that we have coaches who teach sound fundamentals and produce good players no matter where they start.

Clara Allen

Quote from: nastynice on September 20, 2017, 05:35:44 pm
Adapted can't really do a lot of trash talking anymore and OLDSCHOOL is still here, just up on the 4a boards.......Speaking of getting offended, Mac you spent all last year with your feelings hurt. I think you set a FF record for quitting and then coming back a day later.

I notice that warriors no longer posts.  Guess she got too hurt to come back. Too bad. She was a good poster and I love her photos...

HorseFeathers

No the conference is weak....after watching Charleston and Harding academy I'd say 3a is down this year...

WPWells

I'm hurt to not be mentioned with the greats

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas