• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cat Fight in Heber Springs

Started by WCD, September 16, 2017, 10:49:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WCD

September 16, 2017, 10:49:15 am Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 12:38:18 pm by WCD
On a beautiful September Friday night the Wildcats of HA rolled into Panther stadium looking for a fight. These longtime adversaries have played each other with HA having gotten the better of Heber Springs. HA was out coached and out played tonight. The Panthers were on top of their game and Panthers #13 was the best out on the field tonight. I was impressed.

From my vantage point several Wildcat players stood out. #83, Travis Turley, was effective in catching the ball and running with it after the catch. Sadly, they didn't throw the ball to him enough. I enjoyed watching the young man for 3 years. # 15 Jimmy Citty and #16 Ty Carger were the best on defense last night for the Wildcats. Their names were called out most of the game as being in on defensive stops. I was most impressed with #7, Ethan Wood, who had what I would call the Dick Butkus tackle. Wood squared up with the Panther player, stuck his shoulder into him, locked his arms around him and tackled him hard. You could hear the sound up in the stands. Great tackle. IMO, that was the best defensive tackle of the game.
The WCD Player of the Game😳 goes to #18, Peydon Harlow, who had a spectacular catch in between 2 Panther defenders. Harlow also had a 3 yard scamper into the endzone
for a TD. He punted the ball well.

I expect the Wildcats to learn from this loss and get better for the upcoming conference play. Now is the time for Senior leadership to take charge. I'm confident these fine young men will meet the challenge. 

CoolBreeze

Glad to have you back, WCD. We've missed you. You're always a class act with your objective accounts of the games.

oasistrader

Heber definitely outplayed HA .I thought it was a well officiated game .

panther07

September 16, 2017, 03:37:27 pm #3 Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 03:39:01 pm by panther07
RE: not throwing to 83 more often.

To start the game, Heber aligned with inside leverage and a coverage over the top. An actual double team. However, with the inside leverage, the out was there. They adjusted to take that away after several nice gains.  That along with help over the top, pretty well covered him up. No reason to try to force something that's not there

To win that game, HA had to be able to run the ball. They weren't efficient in doing so and had some pretty bad timed turnover that gave Heber less than 25 yards to pay dirt. Hard to win like that.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas