• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bad officiating

Started by Redzone, September 16, 2017, 08:43:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Redzone

Over the years where have you witnessed the worst officiating?
(in favor of the home team)

FBGFDRUM

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Redzone on September 16, 2017, 08:43:35 am
Pretty bad at Cedar Ridge, but it's the clock management that's most atrocious.

Rulesman

Quote from: Redzone on September 16, 2017, 08:43:35 am
On how many boards are you going to ask the same question?

beach bum

Quote from: Rulesman on September 16, 2017, 05:14:38 pm
On how many boards are you going to ask the same question?

+1 ..... So many people love the make excuses for losing games.

Paperman

Officiating in this state is not so great! I know it is a thankless job but I see a lot of calls not made every week!

Rulesman

Quote from: Paperman on September 16, 2017, 08:00:23 pm
Officiating in this state is not so great! I know it is a thankless job but I see a lot of calls not made every week!
Are you ready to sign up? Call the AAA at 501-955-2500. They'll be happy to send you an application.

PA Dad

Quote from: Rulesman on September 16, 2017, 10:59:15 pm
Are you ready to sign up? Call the AAA at 501-955-2500. They'll be happy to send you an application.

+1.  I'm sick to death of complaints about the officials.  They do a great job under difficult circumstances.  They make mistakes, but so do we all.  If you think you can do better, go for it.

Monsta

Jc @ Fouke 2016 was horrible

Paperman

I have already served my time in said capacity .i have no desire to officiate any more! You might be tired of hearing about officiating being bad, but it is, in my opinion, just that! There are many good crews! But I don't see them at the lower Classifications very often! I'm not saying they favor one team over another, but that they could be better!

Rulesman

Quote from: Paperman on September 17, 2017, 10:05:12 am
I have already served my time in said capacity .i have no desire to officiate any more!
Couldn't take the heat?

Paperman

No! I grew tired of the politics in the association I was part of! Actually doing the work never bothered me!

Jabali

Quote from: FBGFDRUM on September 16, 2017, 11:03:41 am
Last night in Ozark.
Sounds like the Billies have the Dewey, Cheetum and Howe crew back reffing games in Otown again.

Rulesman

Quote from: Paperman on September 17, 2017, 06:06:18 pm
No! I grew tired of the politics in the association I was part of!
So somebody was holding a gun to your head forcing you to be a part of that group?

BlueCrew4U

Rison..... every time you play there.

Wildman

GC at Springhill was the worst I have seen. Definitely in the home teams favor. It was absolutely terrible.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Jabali on September 17, 2017, 07:28:22 pm
Sounds like the Billies have the Dewey, Cheetum and Howe crew back reffing games in Otown again.
Thought that was a law firm.

LetsGoRed

Apparently Corning HC thought it was with 20 sec left in their game at EPC

gold45

There are some really good crews and several that could use lots of improvement so I think the argument that fans should stop whining about the refs is ridiculous.  We should expect every crew to call a fair game and control the game by enforcing the rules of the game with honesty and integrity.  That's what they are paid to do, no matter how much or little it may be!  I think there should be more consequences for those crews who do a very poor job of calling the game...the future of this sport depends on enforcing the rules and protecting the players in my opinion or else we are all headed for a future of watching two-hand touch on Friday nights.  The crew from Ozark vs. Charleston is the exact kind of crew we DON'T need on the field, IMO...

FBGFDRUM

Quote from: gold45 on September 18, 2017, 05:49:52 pm
There are some really good crews and several that could use lots of improvement so I think the argument that fans should stop whining about the refs is ridiculous.  We should expect every crew to call a fair game and control the game by enforcing the rules of the game with honesty and integrity.  That's what they are paid to do, no matter how much or little it may be!  I think there should be more consequences for those crews who do a very poor job of calling the game...the future of this sport depends on enforcing the rules and protecting the players in my opinion or else we are all headed for a future of watching two-hand touch on Friday nights.  The crew from Ozark vs. Charleston is the exact kind of crew we DON'T need on the field, IMO...

The only thing I can say that was good about the crew at Ozark on friday night was that they DIDN'T call that hit on SMF. As much as it pains me to say it, that was a perfect hit with good technique. The stars definitely aligned for that player and will probably be the highlight of his career.

threepeoplematter

Seems like there are good and bad everywhere, seen some crews that forgot their flags, and some that love reminding you that they bought extra!  I think the quality of officiating is not great, but it doesn't seem to be an easy job either.  Everybody wants them to flag johnny for what everyone saw clearly, but the coach has been yelling at the man for 7 plays in a row to watch billy holding over there.  The guys have my respect for even attempting the job!  I know I have said a thing or two from my reference point in the fine seating of a bleacher plenty of times, and I probably shouldn't have.  I will admit I am NOT willing to do the job.  My 9-5 is plenty!

Bwana

I try to stay off the field crews because most work really hard but the worst I've seen year end and year out is at Barton.. If you want to see where the homers work check out the clock operators.. Marianna's clock crew is just terrible and has been for years.. You just never know when they may leave to get popcorn or take a bathroom break in the middle of a game and leave the clock running or shut it off and not turn it back on.. Cedar Ridge is bad but less obvious, they are more an as needed deal late in the quarters.. They have the ball and need time then the clock shuts off really quick and turns on really slow.. They need the clock to run and they can't seem to turn it off.. Funny how that happens..

RoadWarrior

There are good and bad everywhere. I know I've seen a home team flagged for 15 yards after the clock operator "accidentally" reset the play clock. First I had ever seen of that kind.

Colts8654

Worst call i ever seen in a game. Wide receiver catches ball in the endzone gets hit and ball comes out, ref calls fumble and gives the other team the ball on 20 yd line.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Colts8654 on September 19, 2017, 10:44:21 am
Worst call i ever seen in a game. Wide receiver catches ball in the endzone gets hit and ball comes out, ref calls fumble and gives the other team the ball on 20 yd line.
Yikes

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Rivercrest is playing at Hughes one time. Hughes kicksoff, ball rolls into the endzone, they pick it up and ref calls touchdown. Hughes goes on win from that play. Rivercrest losing causes another team to be dropped from the playoff position and Hughes into the 4 slot. RedandGrey don't they end up playing for State Championship? If I'm not mistaken was Malzahn at the helm?

redandgray

Yep and shouldn't have even made the playoffs. Every run over 10 yards called back on the Colts. We had 300+ yards in penalties. So obvious. Only game where I actually knew we got cheated. Gave them a joke TD. Called 2 of ours back and they still barely beat us.

redandgray

My dad, who was the head coach at the time, had film pulled up for the head official who was doing a basketball game at Rivercrest that night. The ref admitted it and tried to give my dad a $100. Dad told him I do t want your money I just wanted you to admit it and that he'd never call a Rivercrest game again. He didn't.

george7244

.   I would venture to say that 99.999% of the fans have never read a rule book. They do not realize that there are rule changes every year. They watch the Razorbacks on Saturday and the Cowboys on Sunday and do not realize that Arkansas high school football plays by a completely different set of rules. Before you start condemning the Zebras read the rules. Rulesman and I don't often agree on things but I believe he is correct in this post. There is a need for new officials every year so come on out and be one and you might have a different perspective on the officials. Just my two cents worth

gold45

Quote from: FBGFDRUM on September 18, 2017, 09:41:21 pm
The only thing I can say that was good about the crew at Ozark on friday night was that they DIDN'T call that hit on SMF. As much as it pains me to say it, that was a perfect hit with good technique. The stars definitely aligned for that player and will probably be the highlight of his career.

I disagree.  I don't see how a player's helmet can fly off backwards 20 yards if there wasn't contact made with the helmet. 

Lineman

Not to mention he had to sit out a couple of plays because his mouth was busted & bleeding.

PA Dad

Lay off the refs.  They do a thankless job and generally do it well.  They are human and make mistakes but they do not intentionally decide the game.

TeeLee

Quote from: gold45 on September 19, 2017, 06:23:03 pm
I disagree.  I don't see how a player's helmet can fly off backwards 20 yards if there wasn't contact made with the helmet. 

I'm with you gold45, SMF helmet shot backwards like it was from that hillbilly shotgun.  Just glad his head didn't stay in it.

GBattack

SM had a cut on his face from the other kids helmet. It definitely hit him in the head.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: PA Dad on September 19, 2017, 08:32:37 pm
Lay off the refs.  They do a thankless job and generally do it well.  They are human and make mistakes but they do not intentionally decide the game.
Ever been to Fouke?

COACHemUP

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: COACHemUP on September 20, 2017, 08:23:05 am
what game did the refs decide at Fouke?
2012  Fouke won 18-14, phantom holds and clips on Mcgehee 16 times and 1 motion penalty on Fouke that just had to be called. Worst I've seen in 52 years. I hate when kids always say we got cheated and I've only said it this one time.....

COACHemUP

Quote from: Oldman on September 20, 2017, 08:42:04 am
2012  Fouke won 18-14, phantom holds and clips on Mcgehee 16 times and 1 motion penalty on Fouke that just had to be called. Worst I've seen in 52 years. I hate when kids always say we got cheated and I've only said it this one time.....
I started watching all the games the following year so cant comment on that. But we did experience something similar at Dierks in 2014 in a 30'ish 18 loss.  the refs literally ran off the field when it was over.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: COACHemUP on September 20, 2017, 11:05:14 am
I started watching all the games the following year so cant comment on that. But we did experience something similar at Dierks in 2014 in a 30'ish 18 loss.  the refs literally ran off the field when it was over.
There were many complaints on Fouke that year. Haven't heard many since. That crew may have made enough that night to start doing games out of town.

High Voltage

Quote from: PA Dad on September 19, 2017, 08:32:37 pm
And you know this how? I can tell you of two stories where officials did decide the outcome of a game on purpose. One in football on behalf of an official they thought to have been hit intentionally by a player in a game. They got the same team 4 games later and threw a flag on every play until the game was out of hand. Then told the coach what they had done. Saw the film myself and the calls were so blatantly bad it was an embarrassment to football. Also in a basketball game a kid had bad mouthed an official in an interview in the Times Record. The next time the crew had that team they fouled the kid out. He played maybe 4 minutes in the game. All he had to do was touch another kid and the foul was called. It happens, don't think it doesn't.

FBGFDRUM

Quote from: gold45 on September 19, 2017, 06:23:03 pm

SMF's helmet comes off almost every game. I swear he never straps it up. Regardless that was great form and if he'd gotten hit in the helmet you would've heard it. Helmet to helmet makes a *crack* sound while regular tackles make a *thud*

TeeLee

Quote from: FBGFDRUM on September 22, 2017, 11:01:44 am
SMF's helmet comes off almost every game. I swear he never straps it up. Regardless that was great form and if he'd gotten hit in the helmet you would've heard it. Helmet to helmet makes a *crack* sound while regular tackles make a *thud*

And you know this because you've seen all his games and watched all the guys put their equipment on. I doubt it.  I also doubt that a helmet to "face mask" sounds the same as a helmet to helmet.

old boy of fall

Quote from: Wildman on September 18, 2017, 09:48:10 am
GC at Springhill was the worst I have seen. Definitely in the home teams favor. It was absolutely terrible.

Yeah, that's why GC lost.  Normally, they are a very dominant team.

KOJACK

Quote from: old boy of fall on September 22, 2017, 01:05:30 pm
Yeah, that's why GC lost.  Normally, they are a very dominant team.
Are you talking about football ???

CoolBreeze

Quote from: KOJACK on September 22, 2017, 01:25:24 pm
Are you talking about football ???
I believe OBOF was being sarcastic, which is sometimes hard to communicate via the printed word.

KOJACK

Quote from: CoolBreeze on September 22, 2017, 01:30:30 pm
I believe OBOF was being sarcastic, which is sometimes hard to communicate via the printed word.
If so, I applaud his wittiness.

gold45

Quote from: FBGFDRUM on September 22, 2017, 11:01:44 am

SMF's helmet came off on that hit because he took a direct hit to the helmet.  That player should have been ejected for targeting. Period. 

fbisgreat

Quote from: gold45 on September 22, 2017, 11:18:32 pm
SMF's helmet came off on that hit because he took a direct hit to the helmet.  That player should have been ejected for targeting. Period.
[/quote That was a high hit for sure.

GBattack

HIS FACE WAS CUT FRIM THE HIT!! So YES!! It should have been called!!

Longfellow

Quote from: GBattack on September 23, 2017, 12:15:29 am
HIS FACE WAS CUT FRIM THE HIT!! So YES!! It should have been called!!
Just because his helmet comes off and his face got cut doesn't mean it's targeting

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas