• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prescott vs. Centerpoint

Started by WorkOrder, September 16, 2017, 01:50:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CoolBreeze

Quote from: KOJACK on September 21, 2017, 10:54:51 am
We ain't a fad...we are tradition. Don't know about 2 of the 3 you mentioned above.
Which is no response to the previous post.

And incidentally, one of those 2 teams you weren't sure of (HA) had two state championships in the 1970's. Is that long enough ago to qualify as tradition?

KOJACK

Quote from: CoolBreeze on September 21, 2017, 11:05:28 am
Which is no response to the previous post.

And incidentally, one of those 2 teams you weren't sure of (HA) had two state championships in the 1970's. Is that long enough ago to qualify as tradition?
How do you know they weren't the one I was referring to? Don't ASSUME

CoolBreeze

Quote from: KOJACK on September 21, 2017, 11:25:41 am
How do you know they weren't the one I was referring to? Don't ASSUME
I notice that you don't say they actually were.

PrivateLesson

September 21, 2017, 11:41:15 am #53 Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 11:48:46 am by PrivateLesson
You seem to get a little hot under the collar to be CoolBreeze.     :P

Charleston is a tradition rich program, I agree.    Prescott is too.

KOJACK

Quote from: CoolBreeze on September 21, 2017, 11:29:32 am
I notice that you don't say they actually were.
Some things are better left unsaid...

snoopy22

Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 21, 2017, 10:16:08 am
Go Curlywolves!    They seem to have knack for always being at WMS.
PrivateLesson knows! ;)

WorkOrder

7th grade and Jr high play in Centerpoint tonight..............Good Luck guys...................Bring home the win.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 21, 2017, 11:41:15 am
You seem to get a little hot under the collar to be CoolBreeze.     :P

Charleston is a tradition rich program, I agree.    Prescott is too.
Not in the least. Just like to keep the facts straight.

dragondad

Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 21, 2017, 10:16:08 am
Go Curlywolves!    They seem to have knack for always being at WMS.

I'm certain Prescott has no serious competition in conference this season,  but the above statement is a tad bit much.   "A knack for always being at WMS"??   You mean like, in the stands watching....or playing for a state title, becaue......uhhhhh, pretty sure the semis ain't at WMS, and I'm pretty sure last season was their first title in like 15 years.

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: dragondad on September 21, 2017, 04:50:19 pm
I'm certain Prescott has no serious competition in conference this season,  but the above statement is a tad bit much.   "A knack for always being at WMS"??   You mean like, in the stands watching....or playing for a state title, becaue......uhhhhh, pretty sure the semis ain't at WMS, and I'm pretty sure last season was their first title in like 15 years.
They have played in the State Championship game 3 times in the last 15 years. 06,09,16.

dragondad

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on September 21, 2017, 05:03:34 pm
They have played in the State Championship game 3 times in the last 15 years. 06,09,16.

Played in ain't winning,  and 3 appearances in the last 15 doesn't equate having "a knack for always being at WMS"

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: dragondad on September 21, 2017, 05:11:06 pm
Played in ain't winning,  and 3 appearances in the last 15 doesn't equate having "a knack for always being at WMS"
Just letting you know we have been there more than one time in the last 15 years. Where was Juction City in the 70's and 80's when Prescott was winning State Championships. Prescott has been there since day one when the playoffs started 47 years ago and not a Last 15 years Jonny come lately like your team.

PrivateLesson

September 21, 2017, 05:31:46 pm #62 Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 05:33:57 pm by PrivateLesson
Quote from: dragondad on September 21, 2017, 04:50:19 pm

Actually, to be technical....My statement was  "They seem to have knack for always being at WMS".

It's fine if you don't like word knack...lol!!  :)

I'm entitled to my opinion just as you are yours.   

I just happen to think that Prescott is always a highly competive team, year in and year out.   They make the playoffs more times than not.   

I kinda consider that a knack for being good in football.       

Curleywolf Fan

A question for Dragon Dad Between Prescott and Juction City who was the first team to win a football State Championship and the last to win a football State Championship? That's right those Curley Wolves!

dragondad

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on September 21, 2017, 05:29:15 pm
Just letting you know we have been there more than one time in the last 15 years. Where was Juction City in the 70's and 80's when Prescott was winning State Championships. Prescott has been there since day one when the playoffs started 47 years ago and not a Last 15 years Jonny come lately like your team.

72, 73, 75, 95, and 2016..... That's 5 times a champion in 45 years.   I never said Prescott isn't good..... but your record doesn't even approach the statement PrivateLesson made.   "A knack for always being at WMS"  LOL

PrivateLesson

And it's funny how the word "Knack" got all of you guys worked up! lol!!! ;D

dragondad

Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 21, 2017, 05:31:46 pm
Actually, to be technical....My statement was  "They seem to have knack for always being at WMS".

I just happen to think that Prescott is always a highly competive team, year in and year out.   They make the playoffs more times than not.   

Oh it's not the word knack.... and not that I dislike the statement,  I just found it humorous.   "A knack for always being at WMS"  LOL

Had you said a knack for being good.... I'd agree.  They're also always competitve....again, I agree.  They always make the playoffs.....yeah,  they're usually the best team in their conference so making the playoffs is expected.

But they don't "have a knack for always being at WMS"

dragondad

Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 21, 2017, 05:43:49 pm
And it's funny how the word "Knack" got all of you guys worked up! lol!!! ;D

Perhaps it's your comprehension that's lacking.... the word "knack" isn't the issue.   It's the "always at WMS" part.  Someone send this kid an energy drink, I think he's half asleep.

dragondad

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on September 21, 2017, 05:36:41 pm
A question for Dragon Dad Between Prescott and Juction City who was the first team to win a football State Championship and the last to win a football State Championship? That's right those Curley Wolves!

Pretty sure that's a known fact..... and it's also known that it means nothing.   It certainly doesn't suport your statement of "always being at WMS" in any way.

PrivateLesson

September 21, 2017, 05:52:24 pm #69 Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 05:57:23 pm by PrivateLesson
Quote from: dragondad on September 21, 2017, 05:48:50 pm
Perhaps it's your comprehension that's lacking.... the word "knack" isn't the issue.   It's the "always at WMS" part.  Someone send this kid an energy drink, I think he's half asleep.

First, My comprehension is just fine.  Thank you, Sir.

I think you may be a bit asleep as I am a woman.   Also, you keep misquoting my Statement.   The word "Seems" is before "to have knack for being at WMS".     

I hope you all enjoy your evening!    Best of luck to all this season!  :)

dragondad

Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 21, 2017, 05:52:24 pm
First, My comprehension is just fine.  Thank you, Sir.    I think you maybe a bit asleep as I am a woman.   Also, you keep misquoting my Statement.   The word "Seems" is before "to have knack for being at WMS".     

I hope you all enjoy your evening!    Best of luck to all this season!  :)

LOL..... you still have no clue do you.  I've it doesn't matter what you put before knack,  the "always at WMS" is the ignorant part.  You could say seem, or has, or had, or whatever you want.... it doesn't negate the ignorance of the statement..... Mam!

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: dragondad on September 21, 2017, 05:40:54 pm
72, 73, 75, 95, and 2016..... That's 5 times a champion in 45 years.   I never said Prescott isn't good..... but your record doesn't even approach the statement PrivateLesson made.   "A knack for always being at WMS"  LOL
He said a knack for getting there not just winning and in that case Prescott's 10 appearances are more than any team in 3A I think and yes being State Runners up is something to be proud of also.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: dragondad on September 21, 2017, 05:57:22 pm
LOL..... you still have no clue do you.  I've it doesn't matter what you put before knack,  the "always at WMS" is the ignorant part.  You could say seem, or has, or had, or whatever you want.... it doesn't negate the ignorance of the statement..... Mam!

Goodness....You really are cranky.   Sleep helps with that.   

No need to name call.    It's just a game thread. 

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on September 21, 2017, 05:59:36 pm
She said a knack for getting there not just winning and in that case Prescott's 10 appearances are more than any team in 3A I think and yes being State Runners up is something to be proud of also.

Yes, Thank you. 

dragondad

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on September 21, 2017, 05:59:36 pm
He said a knack for getting there not just winning and in that case Prescott's 10 appearances are more than any team in 3A I think and yes being State Runners up is something to be proud of also.

Nope,  "She" said a knack for "Always" being there.

dragondad

Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 21, 2017, 06:03:38 pm
Goodness....You really are cranky.   Sleep helps with that.   

No need to name call.    It's just a game thread.

I didn't call anyone a name.... I said the statement was ignorant.

PrivateLesson

Fair enough.   You don't like what I said, and that's fine.    I guess if Prescott makes it to WMS yet again, I'll be right.   

dragondad

Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 21, 2017, 06:50:47 pm
Fair enough.   You don't like what I said, and that's fine.    I guess if Prescott makes it to WMS yet again, I'll be right.

No,  because even two years in a row ain't always.

dragondad

I'll admit,  I won't be surprised IF Prescott does indeed make it there again this year.  On that side of the bracket there's not much resistance..... but the season is young.

KOJACK

September 22, 2017, 07:52:30 am #79 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 07:59:20 am by KOJACK
Quote from: dragondad on September 21, 2017, 06:57:37 pm
I'll admit,  I won't be surprised IF Prescott does indeed make it there again this year.  On that side of the bracket there's not much resistance..... but the season is young.
:-X

snoopy22

Hey JCdad.....do everyone a favor and quit belittling a woman who makes no negative comments on here about anyone and is not from Prescott and made a true statement.  Sorry to inform you, but if you have been to WMS 10 times that means you have a knack for getting there.  Now go away.....Because IF you hold up your end of the deal you will have the same knack for getting beat by Prescott that you have "traditionally" had.

dragondad

September 22, 2017, 09:00:52 am #81 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 09:05:35 am by dragondad
Quote from: snoopy22 on September 22, 2017, 08:03:33 am
Hey JCdad.....do everyone a favor and quit belittling a woman who makes no negative comments on here about anyone and is not from Prescott and made a true statement.  Sorry to inform you, but if you have been to WMS 10 times that means you have a knack for getting there.  Now go away.....Because IF you hold up your end of the deal you will have the same knack for getting beat by Prescott that you have "traditionally" had.

Hey Snoopdog, she didn't say getting there she said "ALWAYS being there".   Didn't belittle her, just her statement.....there's a difference.  I don't care where she's from.  Didn't know or care if she was female, until she informed me....still don't care,  she's a poster here just like everyone else.

And since Prescott has never played JC.... your "knack" / "traditional" statement is more ignorant than her "always".

PS:  I don't care if Prescott has been 20 times.... it still isn't always.   She just got huffy because someone called her out on her statement..... The same thing that occurs to someone (and has to all of us at some point) on nearly every thread, every day.  She doesn't get a pass for making ridiculous statements just becaue shes female,  and I would suspect she wouldn't expect it either.

KOJACK

Quote from: dragondad on September 22, 2017, 09:00:52 am
Hey Snoopdog, she didn't say getting there she said "always being there".   Didn't belittle her, just her statement.....there's a difference.  I don't care where she's from.  Didn't know or care if she was female, until she informed me....still don't care,  she's a poster here just like everyone else.

And since Prescott has never played JC.... your "knack" / "traditional" statement is more ignorant than her "always".

PS:  I don't care if Prescott has been 20 times.... it still isn't always.   She just got huffy because someone called her out on her statement..... The same thing that occurs to someone (and has to all of us at some point) on nearly every thread, every day.  She doesn't get a pass for making ridiculous statements just becaue shes female,  and I would suspect she wouldn't expect it either.
You must be a newbie then because in the 70's, 80' and 90's Prescott "traditionally" skulldrug Junction.

dragondad

September 22, 2017, 09:29:01 am #83 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 09:32:36 am by dragondad
Quote from: KOJACK on September 22, 2017, 09:06:40 am
You must be a newbie then because in the 70's, 80' and 90's Prescott "traditionally" skulldrug Junction.

20 years here,  not a newbie.... nearly everyone skulldrug JC before 98, most of the time.  So if that's the case, I doesn't surprise me.... and I guess I was wr9ng about never playing.   Prescott won't skulldrag JC this season,  should they be blessed enough to meat up.... that's guaranteed. 

ToughGuy91

Quote from: snoopy22 on September 22, 2017, 08:03:33 am
+1

dragondad

flow51

The season is young dad the season is young... it's getting "0ld and boring" when your wrong. Might want a balanced team before it gets old and boring again.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: dragondad on September 22, 2017, 09:00:52 am
Hey Snoopdog, she didn't say getting there she said "ALWAYS being there".   Didn't belittle her, just her statement.....there's a difference.  I don't care where she's from.  Didn't know or care if she was female, until she informed me....still don't care,  she's a poster here just like everyone else.

There is nothing wrong with my statement.   You are choosing however to be hung up on it and twist it to meet your agenda.   It's not my fault that you don't like it.   It's your right to disagree and I support that.    I don't apologize for what I said And I didn't get huffy with you whatsoever.  Where was huffy??   I've told you 3 or 4 times that you are entitled to your opinion.  I even wished your team and others the Best of Luck.   

You seem to be portraying yourself as always picking on me..... ;D  See how that works??  lol  :)

dragondad

Quote from: flow51 on September 22, 2017, 09:40:17 am
The season is young dad the season is young... it's getting "0ld and boring" when your wrong. Might want a balanced team before it gets old and boring again.

I said this,  as in this post.   No worries on the balance,  that exists already.

dragondad

Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 22, 2017, 09:56:51 am
There is nothing wrong with my statement.   You are choosing however to be hung up on it and twist it to meet your agenda.   It's not my fault that you don't like it.   It's your right to disagree and I support that.    I don't apologize for what I said And I didn't get huffy with you whatsoever.  Where was huffy??   I've told you 3 or 4 times that you are entitled to your opinion.  I even wished your team and others the Best of Luck.   

You seem to be portraying yourself as always picking on me..... ;D  See how that works??  lol  :)

LOL!  Here we go again....

you're right,  and you have the right to make an ignorant statement,  I guess you seem to have a knack for always doing that.   Not really,  just using your logic to help you comprehend.   It really wasn't that big of a deal,  you commented, I replied.  That's how this work,  you amd other chose to keep it going.

Prescott definitly does seem to have a knack for finding a way to be competitive and win tough games, when they have one,.....but they ain't always at WMS.

Maynard G Krebs

PrivateLesson

CoolBreeze

September 22, 2017, 01:40:37 pm #93 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 01:49:41 pm by CoolBreeze
Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 21, 2017, 05:31:46 pm

Did you even read what you wrote.

No one has argued that Prescott does not have a winning tradition.

However, you did NOT say (1) that they are in the playoffs more often than not or (2) that they have a knack for being good in football.

You said they had a knack for ALWAYS being at WMS. That is far from being a true statement (3 times in 15 years does not qualify as ALWAYS)
By the way, my Merriam-Webster Collegiate Dictionary, 11th ed. says always means "at all times, INVARIABLY." Not 3 times out of 10.

PrivateLesson

PrivateLesson

Hey, CoolBreeze......since you have your handy dandy dictionary can you help dragondad, please?  :)

Quote from: dragondad on September 22, 2017, 09:29:01 am
should they be blessed enough to meat up.... that's guaranteed.

KOJACK

Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 22, 2017, 01:57:36 pm
Hey, CoolBreeze......since you have your handy dandy dictionary can you help dragondad, please?  :)
I'll meat up with him lol

CoolBreeze

Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 22, 2017, 01:57:36 pm
He's not the one who needs it. He is 100% correct on this issue. He seems to understand that words mean things, like "always" means every single time, not more often than someone else; and "at WMS" does not mean made the playoffs or even the semifinals.

You made an untrue statement, by definition. Instead of trying to backtrack and change the subject to something you didn't actually say, why not just admit the mistake and go on about your business.

dragondad

Yep,  if you can't  make headway trying to explain an ignorant statement.... there's always a typo here and there to deflect from the discussion.   If she only paid as much attention to what she wrote, this string of back and forth wouldn't have occured.   "Always"!  LOL

dragondad

Quote from: KOJACK on September 22, 2017, 01:59:53 pm
I'll meat up with him lol

See, mine was a typo, but yours was intentional.....and yeah,  I bet you would.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas