• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prescott vs. Centerpoint

Started by WorkOrder, September 16, 2017, 01:50:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PrivateLesson

September 22, 2017, 02:15:06 pm #100 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 02:27:33 pm by PrivateLesson
Quote from: CoolBreeze on September 22, 2017, 02:04:54 pm
He's not the one who needs it. He is 100% correct on this issue. He seems to understand that words mean things, like "always" means every single time, not more often than someone else; and "at WMS" does not mean made the playoffs or even the semifinals.

You made an untrue statement, by definition. Instead of trying to backtrack and change the subject to something you didn't actually say, why not just admit the mistake and go on about your business.

I understand words have meaning.  I also understand the text in which I meant and implied it.  You all seem to have issue with my opinion of Prescott.   You guys can banter and argue technicals of the game of wins and losses to eternity if you wish.   I simply cheered on the Curlywolves.   My opinion of what kind of football team they are stands. 

You can like what I said or not.  I don't care.   I have tried to explain myself on here but you all can't seem to accept that and you act as if I owe you an apology. 

You also can dissect ( which means to study or examine something closely and carefully(( in this text) words and analyze everyone's words and meaning on here, too.   I hope you find rest in your endeavors on this sports forum.

dragondad

Quote from: CoolBreeze on September 22, 2017, 01:40:37 pm
Did you even read what you wrote.

No one has argued that Prescott does not have a winning tradition.

However, you did NOT say (1) that they are in the playoffs more often than not or (2) that they have a knack for being good in football.

You said they had a knack for ALWAYS being at WMS. That is far from being a true statement (3 times in 15 years does not qualify as ALWAYS)
By the way, my Merriam-Webster Collegiate Dictionary, 11th ed. says always means "at all times, INVARIABLY." Not 3 times out of 10.

Nor 10 out of the last 47

dragondad

September 22, 2017, 03:01:32 pm #102 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 03:03:11 pm by dragondad
Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 22, 2017, 02:15:06 pm

I understand words have meaning.  I also understand the text in which I meant and implied it.  You all seem to have issue with my opinion of Prescott.   You guys can banter and argue technicals of the game of wins and losses to eternity if you wish.   I simply cheered on the Curlywolves.   My opinion of what kind of football team they are stands. 

You can like what I said or not.  I don't care.   I have tried to explain myself on here but you all can't seem to accept that and you act as if I owe you an apology. 

You also can dissect ( which means to study or examine something closely and carefully(( in this text) words and analyze everyone's words and meaning on here, too.   I hope you find rest in your endeavors on this sports forum.

You implied that they are always at WMS.....

I replied to you, and you kept this going to defend your statement.....and then again when I was done, and made yet another compliment to the quality of Prescotts team,  you came back 7 hours later and resolved to jumping on a typo.  LOL!

But, now we know that, to you, 21% of the time  "seems" to mean "Always"..... BAHAHAHA!!!

CoolBreeze

Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 22, 2017, 02:15:06 pm

I have no issue with what you think or don' think about Prescott. They are the defending state champs and by all accounts have a quality team again this year.

What I take issue with is the misuse of language. Apparently, you cannot understand that ALWAYS does not mean occasionally or often. It means every time. Either that or you refuse to admit it when you are wrong.

No matter how much misdirection you attempt or how firmly you state that what you said is true, the statement simply was not accurate.

That said. I believe it's time this discussion come to a close.

Maynard G Krebs

Go Tigers.  Discussion can now be concluded😀

RabidWolf

Puck 6

Onside kick

2 play drive

14-0 wolves. 1st qtr

RabidWolf

RabidWolf

RabidWolf

53-0. 9 min left. Mercy rule in effect since the 2nd qtr

GusBrown

KOJACK

Quote from: GusBrown on September 22, 2017, 09:25:48 pm
Muldrow numbers?
2 rushes for 14 yds
1 for 1 passing for 63 yds
1 reception for -2 yds

snoopy22

Two rushing tds, 1 passing td also

CoolBreeze

maytag

Doesn't matter what anybody says on this post about who is where how many times Prescott is the team to beat.    cp is down from last year but Prescott is better than they were a year ago    Probly won't face any competition til 3rd round of playoffs

Maynard G Krebs

dragondad

Good win, Prescott.  Congrats!

dragondad

Good win, Prescott.  Congrats!

Maynard G Krebs

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas