• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Haynesville La @Junction City

Started by Monsta, September 10, 2017, 10:06:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsta

September 10, 2017, 10:06:13 pm Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 10:52:40 pm by Monsta
Last Years game came down to the wire but I feel like it will be a different story this year Going With The Dragons

THA TRUTH

Hgalum50

Haynesville being a typical powerhouse in Louisiana and Junction City being one in Arkansas, should be a good game! I'm going Dragons 42 and Tornados 32

dragondad

As long as the Dragons win,  or else Monsta is going to be eating Chittlins and Waffles.  :-)

Monsta

Quote from: dragondad on September 11, 2017, 11:06:18 am
As long as the Dragons win,  or else Monsta is going to be eating Chittlins and Waffles.  :-)
Well DD i don't think chittlins will be on the menu this season

dragondad

Quote from: Monsta on September 11, 2017, 11:19:56 am
Well DD i don't think chittlins will be on the menu this season

Ha!  That's good because I have to eat the leftovers.

Monsta

Quote from: dragondad on September 11, 2017, 11:22:24 am
Ha!  That's good because I have to eat the leftovers.
that shouldn't be on the menu or an option

bleudog

Jimbo Morphis

The annual Best in Louisiana Bowl. Good look Junction City.

bleudog

WorkOrder

Does Junction have as many Louisiana kids on their team as Haynesville?

dragondad

Quote from: WorkOrder on September 12, 2017, 12:12:43 pm

You ever seen a football team with six players total?

Nah,  I didn't think so.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: dragondad on September 12, 2017, 12:19:54 pm

Nah,  I didn't think so.
Come on it was funny.

WorkOrder

Nah,  I didn't think so.

No sir, but y'all have more than 6 or you wouldn't be 3A.

bleudog

September 12, 2017, 03:53:30 pm #14 Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 04:56:31 pm by bleudog

Nah,  I didn't think so.

Quote from: WorkOrder on September 12, 2017, 01:50:40 pm

If your original question was serious, I figure DD's answer of there being six (or five or seven) players on the JC football roster from NECC is probably accurate.  He's pretty much of an insider and can find that out.

At the last JC Report to the Public, 170 of the 681 Dragons were from Northeast Claiborne Charter.  That's K thru 12 so let's say about 13 per grade ON AVERAGE.  So for argument sake, let's say 39 in 10th, 11th and 12th.  We'd also have to assume half of those 39 are girls and have no interest in playing football so that leaves 20 or so boys.  Now, due to its athletic success, JC has a fairly high athletic participation rate so lets say 60%.  That would mean 12 NECC kids on the football team might sound right.

Looking at it another way, 170/681 is 25%. There are 37 Dragons on the football roster (home towns aren't listed).  Twenty five percent of 37 is about 9.

So however you look at it, I'd say it's a pretty good bet there are more Louisiana Golden Tornadoes than there are Louisiana Dragons.

Proud Buckaroo

Haynesville has some pretty big kids this year. They just have a problem with coughing up the football. Minden forced 3 fumbles against them last week.

RZback

Any real chance JC gets beat this week? 

bleudog

September 12, 2017, 05:14:58 pm #17 Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 05:18:17 pm by bleudog
Quote from: RZback on September 12, 2017, 04:44:53 pm
Any real chance JC gets beat this week? 

Haynesville hosted Minden last week and lost by a blocked field goal. 

http://press-herald.com/minden-blocks-last-second-fg-tyler-tosses-two-tds-to-beat-haynesville/

Here's how the schools compare size-wise:

Grades    Students
Haynesville   4-12         333
Minden         9-12         846

https://www.greatschools.org/louisiana/haynesville/315-Haynesville-Jr.-Sr.-High-School/

Proud Buckaroo

dragondad

Quote from: WorkOrder on September 12, 2017, 01:50:40 pm

Not that it matters to you, obviously, but JC shouldn't be 3A.... if you did more than just pop up to take a crap shot you'd know,  because it's been fussed, cussed, and discussed, off and on, right here on FF for the last 18 months.

Now, to address the rest of your comment..... if we were suposed to be 3A, why would we have to have more than 6 LA football players in order to be 3A?   You do realize that classifications are determined by 9th-11th grade enrollment,  not the size of the football team.

I know,  you were so excited to have gotten in a zinger that common sense never breached your cranial wall.  Sorry feller.... your fishing bait caught wind and smacked you right in the face.   Next time don't jerk so hard,  your presentation needs tad bit of finesse.

dragondad

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: dragondad on September 12, 2017, 07:54:10 pm
FIFY, PB

Have you seen film on Haynesville? #33 is a hoss. Like I said previously though. They do have an issue with fumbles. If you guys can force a couple of them. You have a good chance of winning. Their line is pretty big too.

dragondad

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 12, 2017, 07:55:19 pm
Have you seen film on Haynesville? #33 is a hoss. Like I said previously though. They do have an issue with fumbles. If you guys can force a couple of them. You have a good chance of winning. Their line is pretty big too.

Have you seen ours?  LOL!  I know we have five or six that weigh in over 300

cuz

Quote from: dragondad on September 12, 2017, 08:32:50 pm
Big isn't better, look at Arkansas they get their butts beat every week in the trenches...

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: dragondad on September 12, 2017, 08:32:50 pm

I was talking about their defensive line. Their LBs are pretty good as well.

THA TRUTH

The no huddle hurry up offense will give them problems... haynesville is no bigger than last year

dragondad

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 12, 2017, 09:01:17 pm
I was talking about their defensive line. Their LBs are pretty good as well.

They're LB's are good but not huge.   They have a starting safety that's 5'9"/120 and a corner that's 5'8"/150

bleudog

Haynesville has tradition, is well coached and has athletes.  They should never be taken lightly.

THA TRUTH

Not taken lightly... just know that if they aren't in better shape this year things could end badly for the tornados

FoxandHound34

Dragons looking the Junction City of old so far could spell trouble for the Naders

Monsta

JC Guy

More

bigworm

DaCajn

Hey y'all, Haynesville guy checking in.   This is a game I have been looking forward to since last year when I walked out of the stadium at the end of a great game between these two worthy opponents.  I haven't seen anything on J.C. This year but who needs to.   They have been good for a long time and I don't see that changing.  Our boys could not hang on to the ball last week. The week before we never put the ball on the carpet. Go figure. We lost 18 seniors from last years team.  That hurts a big team but when you only dress out 30-40 players, that amounts to all most half the team.   

Last time we were there, the stadium was being worked on. I am looking forward to the results. 

I don't see this as a high scoring game.  Probably close to what we have had the last two years.   

See y'all Friday night.  I will be the guy on the sideline with the camera.

dragondad

DaCajn,  JC isn't leading all of Arkansas in rushing, nor are they top ten in the nation in rushing yards per game.  They can't throw either.  They're pretty slow, and slow paced, and aren't averaging 65+ snaps per game.  They're fairly small, and don't have more than 4 lineman that are over 6 ft and weigh 300+.  They're defense isn't stingy at all, so any rumor of only allowing 64 yards last week isn't true at all.

All kidding aside,  I'm looking forward to some stout competition this week to really challenge our boys and see what they got when the going gets tough.

panther07

Quote from: dragondad on September 12, 2017, 11:44:25 pm
DaCajn,  JC isn't leading all of Arkansas in rushing, nor are they top ten in the nation in rushing yards per game.  They can't throw either.  They're pretty slow, and slow paced, and aren't averaging 65+ snaps per game.  They're fairly small, and don't have more than 4 lineman that are over 6 ft and weigh 300+.  They're defense isn't stingy at all, so any rumor of only allowing 64 yards last week isn't true at all.

All kidding aside,  I'm looking forward to some stout competition this week to really challenge our boys and see what they got when the going gets tough.

I'm sad to see the wishbone go.  I don't like that JC has moved the direction of everyone else.  They ran the wishbone beautifully.  Will never forget the beating I took as sophomore from Justin Easter and company running it. 

Proud Buckaroo

They are still getting 300-400 rushing yards a game. Running the read option out of the spread.

Paperman

JC is talented and well coached! Good luck Dragons!

dragondad

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 13, 2017, 12:29:04 am
They are still getting 300-400 rushing yards a game. Running the read option out of the spread.

446.5 rushing per game..... but who's counting

WorkOrder

Y'all begged to come to 3A because y'all knew y'all could win in 3A because of your success in 2A. Then y'all get here and can't win 3A. Your coach is telling everyone he is gonna petition to stay in 3A if AAA tries to bump y'all back to 2A because you can't find games to play a full season when you are in 2A.  Numbers come out and y'all are staying in 3A. Then y'all decide that y'all wanna go back to 2, so y'all petition to go back to 2A. So now y'all are in back in 2A. These are FACTS, so don't act like I don't know what i'm talking about because I know more than you think I do. Probably know more than you. 

dragondad

Quote from: WorkOrder on September 13, 2017, 08:06:24 am
Y'all begged to come to 3A because y'all knew y'all could win in 3A because of your success in 2A. Then y'all get here and can't win 3A. Your coach is telling everyone he is gonna petition to stay in 3A if AAA tries to bump y'all back to 2A because you can't find games to play a full season when you are in 2A.  Numbers come out and y'all are staying in 3A. Then y'all decide that y'all wanna go back to 2, so y'all petition to go back to 2A. So now y'all are in back in 2A. These are FACTS, so don't act like I don't know what i'm talking about because I know more than you think I do. Probably know more than you.

What you "know" likely ends at those two flaps of skin below your nose.  JC did as well last year 3A as they did the year before in 2A, and will likely do even better this season.  Your little shot about LA kids didn't work for you, and made you look like a fool, so now you want to get pissy and toss out the word "FACTS" like it somehow makes your vocal vomit more meaningful.   Stick to snagging Gurdon kids,  we're doing just fine down on the line.

Monsta

September 13, 2017, 09:32:33 am #41 Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 09:34:52 am by Monsta
JC Hater, People Love To Bring That La kids into the picture saying Jc recruits but little do you know All of The kid that are from La have been going to Jc since elementary and have been playing football with the guys their whole life, You're Just Mad Because JC Will Skull Drag Your Team and 9/10 Mercy Rule Them By Half, Stay in your place and that at the end of the line with the rest of the Jc Haters

bleudog

September 13, 2017, 10:12:00 am #42 Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 01:27:56 pm by bleudog

Failure to
Achieve
Cognitive
Thought
Solutions

Longfellow

Quote from: bleudog on September 13, 2017, 10:12:00 am
Failure to
Achieve
Cognitive
Thought
Solutions
This post made me laugh a lot harder than it should have

Jimbo Morphis

dragondad

Quote from: bleudog on September 13, 2017, 10:12:00 am
Failure to
Achieve
Cognitive
Thought
Solutions

That sums up Work"dis"Order, pretty well.

Hgalum50

Why does he worry about JC having kids from Louisiana! It's right on the border of course there are gonna be kids from Louisiana! Just so happens the school is in Arkansas. Get away from that bullcrape and go play ball, you beat JC you just beat a heck of a football team. I'm so sick of hearing the whining about then having Louisiana kids!

dragondad

Quote from: Hgalum50 on September 13, 2017, 12:07:44 pm
Why does he worry about JC having kids from Louisiana! It's right on the border of course there are gonna be kids from Louisiana! Just so happens the school is in Arkansas. Get away from that bullcrape and go play ball, you beat JC you just beat a heck of a football team. I'm so sick of hearing the whining about then having Louisiana kids!

Guess he's worried those six are better than his 46

WorkOrder

Quote from: Monsta on September 13, 2017, 09:32:33 am
JC Hater, People Love To Bring That La kids into the picture saying Jc recruits but little do you know All of The kid that are from La have been going to Jc since elementary and have been playing football with the guys their whole life, You're Just Mad Because JC Will Skull Drag Your Team and 9/10 Mercy Rule Them By Half, Stay in your place and that at the end of the line with the rest of the Jc Haters

Junction has NEVER and will NEVER skull drag or mercy rule my team......FACTS

bleudog

Quote from: WorkOrder on September 13, 2017, 02:31:06 pm
Junction has NEVER and will NEVER skull drag or mercy rule my team......FACTS

Have they've played each other in the last 20 years?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas