• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did Fouke really hang 70?

Started by Rida4Life, September 09, 2017, 10:01:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FoxandHound34

Quote from: Oldman on September 13, 2017, 02:42:04 pm
Wouldn't that be like Bert talking about running it up on Bama? How many games did you win at Hermitage?
How many years did they field a team is a better question

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Oldman on September 13, 2017, 02:42:04 pm
Wouldn't that be like Bert talking about running it up on Bama? How many games did you win at Hermitage?

We won three.    We pretty well smashed Parkers Chapel,  Dermott, and Strong.    That said Hermitage had made the playoffs only two years before then and made the playoffs a couple of years later.

Of  course they had a three year run in the late 1980s when they were arguably one of the best teams in the state.    One year going 11-1 with their only lost to State Champion Barton

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on September 13, 2017, 03:09:38 pm
We won three.    We pretty well smashed Parkers Chapel,  Dermott, and Strong.    That said Hermitage had made the playoffs only two years before then and made the playoffs a couple of years later.

Of  course they had a three year run in the late 1980s when they were arguably one of the best teams in the state.    One year going 11-1 with their only lost to State Champion Barton
In the state as in small schools?

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Oldman on September 13, 2017, 03:10:55 pm
In the state as in small schools?

Seriously?   You've never heard of Barton coached by legendary Frank McClellan during their 60+ win streak?   Longest high school winning streak at that time in Arkansas?

Jimbo Morphis

One of the best teams in the state going 11-1 and losing to Barton. Yes I know who Barton is and was. I've seen some of your other football opinions and thought you meant the entire state.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Oldman on September 13, 2017, 03:33:35 pm
One of the best teams in the state going 11-1 and losing to Barton. Yes I know who Barton is and was. I've seen some of your other football opinions and thought you meant the entire state.

Care to elaborate?

Wonderdog

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on September 13, 2017, 03:38:43 pm
Care to elaborate?
He wants to know if you are meaning statewide or in Hermitage's class.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Wonderdog on September 13, 2017, 03:44:43 pm
He wants to know if you are meaning statewide or in Hermitage's class.

Of course I was talking about in Hermitage's class.    There is little point in comparing schools of difference sizes.

gameoflife

Get out the crying towels and the participation trophies. 

Rida4Life

When Hermits "smashed" PC it was early in their program history and technically a JV game .... rumor is Hermits ran a double reverse to score again late in the game already up nearly 60.....
so maybe that Fouke score is a little bit of Karma.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Rida4Life on September 14, 2017, 09:35:07 am
When Hermits "smashed" PC it was early in their program history and technically a JV game .

I remember exactly what the head coach said to me.

"We charge admission.    We have a paid officiating crew.   It's a real game".

ghostoffootballpast

Wow! you guys are a little touchy.  I'd say anytime you line up and play its for real.. 

BigFoot

I know I'm a little late to the party, but I feel the problem is not necessarily that Fouke put up 70+ on a team. You coach your kids to play hard for all four quarters. The issue that I see is that we are the same school who complains when others run up scores like that against us, in any sport. Always looking to place the blame somewhere else. And people may not like that comment, but those are probably the ones included in that description.

Listen, we have a young team that is full of great young men that have a lot of maturing and growing to do. It's just as important to remember that even when you are down, you need to play hard for all four quarters. Cause the tough part of the schedule is coming up!

RAD

Quote from: panther86 on September 10, 2017, 01:50:56 pm
I was at the game Fouke did all they could they could have easily hung 100+ on them or back up RB only carried the ball a few times we had player's playing RB that will never play in tight games. When the other team has 5 fumbles 3 of them near there end zone an they can't tackle your 3rd or 4th string RB you can't help but score. By the 3rd or 4th series it was all 10th graders playing. When this game was scheduled I don't think anyone for seen them only having limited players. At no time during the game did Fouke or our coaches try to do anything to embarrassing to Hermtage. We ran the same play over an over with our 3rd an below string players. You can't take a knee in the middle of a game that would be disrespectful to the opposite team .

GO PANTHERS

I'm going to try to make this easier to read.....

I was at the game. Fouke did all they could. They could have easily hung 100+ on them.  Our back up RB only carried the ball a few times.  We had players playing RB that will never play in tight games. When the other team has 5 fumbles (3 of them near their end zone), and they can't tackle your 3rd or 4th string RB, you can't help but score. By the 3rd or 4th series, it was all 10th graders playing. When this game was scheduled, I don't think anyone foresaw them only having limited players. (This sentence is total BS, by the way).  At no time during the game did Fouke or our coaches try to do anything to embarrass Hermitage. We ran the same play over and over with our 3rd and below string players. You can't take a knee in the middle of a game. That would be disrespectful to the opposing team.

GO PANTHERS

BigFoot

My question about Fouke not forseeing the number of players that Hermitage would have would be this, didn't the game versus Hermitage get cancelled last year due to Hermitage not having enough players? Unless there was a contract between schools to play multiple years, this game was arranged this year with at least the knowledge that the game last year was forfeited... So it might not be such a BS statement after all.

beach bum

When are the rings coming in that Fouke ordered for scoring 78 on a team with 13 players?

FoxandHound34

Quote from: beach bum on September 14, 2017, 09:29:10 pm
When are the rings coming in that Fouke ordered for scoring 78 on a team with 13 players?
As soon as the coach goes and gets them from the quarter machine

beach bum

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on September 15, 2017, 08:23:50 am
As soon as the coach goes and gets them from the quarter machine

Now that is funny....

stuck in between

I've been reading through this post for a few days now. First off I am not a fan or supporter of either school. As a player I found myself being on both sides of a lopsided loss. My question for you that bash Fouke is what would you have done differently? If they played everyone like it states in this thread and basically ran the same play over and over what else were they supposed to do? I do not agree with embarrassing another team by no means, but you can not send your 3rd and 4th string guys who practiced all summer long on to the field and tell them not to give it all you got. That is unfair to them. Now, this does not mean that I think it is ok to purposely run the score up. Such as taking a time out to kill the clock in order to get one more play in with hopes of it scoring a touchdown, but to just lay down because the other team is not as talented as you isn't fair to either team. To me football is far more than winning and losing its life lessons and to me you would be teaching the kids from winning team to lower there standards when competing with someone who is not as good and kids from the losing team that it is ok to expect it. If you and I are applying for the same job I wouldn't expect you to bring your "C" game to the interview because your "A" game is far superior to mine. Sounds to me like it was a no win situation for Fouke. I do hope the Hermits can grow and continue to field a team well into the future.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: stuck in between on September 15, 2017, 01:00:23 pm
I've been reading through this post for a few days now. First off I am not a fan or supporter of either school. As a player I found myself being on both sides of a lopsided loss. My question for you that bash Fouke is what would you have done differently? If they played everyone like it states in this thread and basically ran the same play over and over what else were they supposed to do? I do not agree with embarrassing another team by no means, but you can not send your 3rd and 4th string guys who practiced all summer long on to the field and tell them not to give it all you got. That is unfair to them. Now, this does not mean that I think it is ok to purposely run the score up. Such as taking a time out to kill the clock in order to get one more play in with hopes of it scoring a touchdown, but to just lay down because the other team is not as talented as you isn't fair to either team. To me football is far more than winning and losing its life lessons and to me you would be teaching the kids from winning team to lower there standards when competing with someone who is not as good and kids from the losing team that it is ok to expect it. If you and I are applying for the same job I wouldn't expect you to bring your "C" game to the interview because your "A" game is far superior to mine. Sounds to me like it was a no win situation for Fouke. I do hope the Hermits can grow and continue to field a team well into the future.
The win would be don't schedule a tiny 2a team who has been horrible for years.

COACHemUP

Quote from: Oldman on September 15, 2017, 01:30:45 pm
Fouke hasn't played Hemitage in more than 15 years. A game against a struggling team is better that an open date.

BigLion10

I'm sure decent teams would play them if they wanted not easy wins

BigFoot

Quote from: COACHemUP on September 15, 2017, 02:36:31 pm
Fouke hasn't played Hemitage in more than 15 years. A game against a struggling team is better that an open date.

They haven't played but weren't they scheduled last year and it was forfeited due to Hermitage not having enough guys? At that point, I would have looked for a more formidable opponent for this year... Unless there was already a contract in place for multiple years.

footballfan-tastic

If you look at the weekly scores, particularly in the non-conference games you will find a lot of very lopsided scores because some very good teams play a very weak team every now and then.  If you are worried about that happening I guess we should stop all those games where the opponents are not on par with on another.  To be honest I don't see 50 or 70 being that big a deal but that point.  It comes down to a bunch of people getting their feelings hurt and drawing an ambiguous line in the sand to suit themselves. 

CoolBreeze

Quote from: footballfan-tastic on September 16, 2017, 03:45:37 pm
If you look at the weekly scores, particularly in the non-conference games you will find a lot of very lopsided scores because some very good teams play a very weak team every now and then.  If you are worried about that happening I guess we should stop all those games where the opponents are not on par with on another.  To be honest I don't see 50 or 70 being that big a deal but that point.  It comes down to a bunch of people getting their feelings hurt and drawing an ambiguous line in the sand to suit themselves.
I think we've beaten this dead horse enough. Let him rest, and let's move on to another subject. Like next week's games.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: CoolBreeze on September 16, 2017, 03:49:47 pm
I think we've beaten this dead horse enough. Let him rest, and let's move on to another subject. Like next week's games.

Good idea.

threepeoplematter

Sounds like teams getting in a bad spot for games, having to play teams they can't compete with.  Gotta give Hermits credit for trying.  Guess the running clock wasn't enough.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas