• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did Fouke really hang 70?

Started by Rida4Life, September 09, 2017, 10:01:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rida4Life

Why on earth would you do that to a team struggling to get through the season?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Rida4Life on September 09, 2017, 10:01:10 am
Why on earth would you do that to a team struggling to get through the season?

78-0 I believe

FoxandHound34

I saw that last night and thought to myself I sure hope they get a dose of that when they play later on this year sometime. No need for a team to do that to a team like Hermitage

BIG-G

Rida4Life

I just don't understand why you would do that.  Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

beaverfan007

.maybe they didnt keep there starters in maybe backups forced turnovers and interceptions and scored

Proud Buckaroo

Hermitage only has 13 kids. Their QB was getting sacked almost every play.

Eslim03

Yes that is fouke two years ago when we lost our QB for the season in the first half of the game. We looked awful after that and was losing in a mercy rule instead of taking a knee from the one or two yard line with under 30 seconds left they went ahead and score again.

AirWarren

Lions84

COACHemUP

It was 32-0 after the first quarter... started playing sophomores. The second half was more of the same only with the sophomores.  Getting all those young men some playing time is important. They bust their butts during practice yet rarely get in the games. Some of those will only see the field once the game is decided, if at all. So, what's the answer? Kneel the entire second half? Ask players who never get to compete on the field to ease up and let the other team score? There isnt an easy answer, but Id allow them to play. Respect that an undermanned team showed up to play and not rob them of their dignity by laying down, let them continue to compete.

Respect

oasistrader

September 09, 2017, 04:48:46 pm #11 Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 05:33:10 pm by oasistrader
When I was a young football coach I was  on both slides of a lop-sided score.Played a team that was so bad I had the third string in during the first quarter,no passing allowed.The final score was 60-0 and could have more than doubled,easily.When the game was over the other coaches wouldn't even shake hands.Years later I was on the losing end of a 39-0 score.After the game ended I walked clear across the field to thank the eventual state championship coach for not running up the score on my team.You just have to set an example for your kids to follow.Coachemup is right though-you don't just take a knee.

footballfan-tastic

You never know the situation going on during a game, how good or bad each team is.  I do agree with doing what you can not to embarass a team, although that happens all the time unintentionally.  I also think you let your 2nd and 3rd team players play.  You can run more base offense and restrict passing, but as Lou Holtz said, "it's not my offenses job to stop itself".  Only 13 players is almost predetermining a bad outcome.

beach bum

Who is Fouke? I have never heard of that program? I guess they don't have much state wide winning history if I haven't heard of them?

FoxandHound34

No bum they like to pick on teams barely surviving like Hermitage and Strong and score 80

Maynard G Krebs

Played on a team that was so bad everyone scheduled us for homecoming. Several 40 point loses.   I never held a grudge against those teams that beat us.  It was our job to stop them and we failed.

COACHemUP

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on September 09, 2017, 08:59:27 pm
No bum they like to pick on teams barely surviving like Hermitage and Strong and score 80

So what's your solution when you're playing a struggling team that your 3rd string kids dominate?

Longfellow

Quote from: COACHemUP on September 10, 2017, 08:45:27 am
So what's your solution when you're playing a struggling team that your 3rd string kids dominate?
Put in the 4th string

athletic supporter

Quote from: Longfellow on September 10, 2017, 09:29:41 am
Put in the 4th string

Most 3A teams don't have a 4th string. I know you're just being facetious. You're good at that. My solution would be to schedule better opponents instead of always picking on the sisters of the poor.

panther86

I was at the game Fouke did all they could they could have easily hung 100+ on them or back up RB only carried the ball a few times we had player's playing RB that will never play in tight games. When the other team has 5 fumbles 3 of them near there end zone an they can't tackle your 3rd or 4th string RB you can't help but score. By the 3rd or 4th series it was all 10th graders playing. When this game was scheduled I don't think anyone for seen them only having limited players. At no time during the game did Fouke or our coaches try to do anything to embarrassing to Hermtage. We ran the same play over an over with our 3rd an below string players. You can't take a knee in the middle of a game that would be disrespectful to the opposite team .

GO PANTHERS

gameoflife

Sometimes people just want to blame some one else.  Recruit more players, train harder, it's just one of those things that sometimes happens.  There is a difference in winning big and trying to run it up.  I've seen some of the better programs in Arkansas run it up on folks and claim they couldn't help it and then nobody say a word. 

beach bum

Quote from: panther86 on September 10, 2017, 01:50:56 pm
I was at the game Fouke did all they could they could have easily hung 100+ on them or back up RB only carried the ball a few times we had player's playing RB that will never play in tight games. When the other team has 5 fumbles 3 of them near there end zone an they can't tackle your 3rd or 4th string RB you can't help but score. By the 3rd or 4th series it was all 10th graders playing. When this game was scheduled I don't think anyone for seen them only having limited players. At no time during the game did Fouke or our coaches try to do anything to embarrassing to Hermtage. We ran the same play over an over with our 3rd an below string players. You can't take a knee in the middle of a game that would be disrespectful to the opposite team .

GO PANTHERS

Who is Fouke? Who are the Panthers? .... I have seriously never heard of that program. They must not have a lot of history?

THA TRUTH

Fouke would start a fight if that happened to them

Lineman

Quote from: beach bum on September 10, 2017, 04:00:05 pm
Who is Fouke? Who are the Panthers? .... I have seriously never heard of that program. They must not have a lot of history?
The only history in Fouke is the legend of Boggy Creek.

ghostoffootballpast

Fouke doesn't have much history but Coach Barker, whose been there 3-4 years now is doing a good job with the program. Most wins ever and changing some attitudes. 

FoxandHound34

Whose up next week for the Panthers to hang 80 on Marvell??

beach bum

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on September 10, 2017, 06:49:45 pm
Whose up next week for the Panthers to hang 80 on Marvell??

They will be extremely lucky to score 78 points combined in their first 4 conference games. At best they'll be 1-3 to start conference but most likely 0-4, and then back to reality for an average program.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: panther86 on September 10, 2017, 01:50:56 pm

GO PANTHERS

Wait....when has Hermitage not struggled to field a quality team?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: beach bum on September 10, 2017, 07:18:06 pm
They will be extremely lucky to score 78 points combined in their first 4 conference games. At best they'll be 1-3 to start conference but most likely 0-4, and then back to reality for an average program.

Yearly 5th seed in the playoffs. Not many teams can say that.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 10, 2017, 08:54:52 pm
Yearly 5th seed in the playoffs. Not many teams can say that.
Better than being perpetually absent from playoffs.

COACHemUP

Quote from: beach bum on September 10, 2017, 04:00:05 pm

Fouke has only made the playoffs 11 times in the last 30 years. 4 of those have come the last 4 years under Coach Barker, this is year 5.  Ive said this before, we play our conference tougher each year... except for Smackover.... they have continued to beat the crap out of us. But with that exception, Fouke has improved every year. My hopes are that Barker continues to do what he has done, which is get the absolute most out of the talent pool he and his staff have to work with. In that aspect he has developed an excellent program, and will hopefully make some more history by going further in the playoffs!

go panthers!

ghostoffootballpast

I'm just wondering.  How many teams on here have ever beaten another team by a very large margin?  Maybe not 70, but sy 45-50? 

beach bum

Quote from: ghostoffootballpast on September 12, 2017, 03:33:31 pm
I'm just wondering.  How many teams on here have ever beaten another team by a very large margin?  Maybe not 70, but sy 45-50?

There is a big difference in winning by 6 or 7 scores and winning by 11 scores.....

Jimbo Morphis

I just hate that it might tarnish Fouke's integrity.

beach bum

Quote from: Oldman on September 12, 2017, 03:48:28 pm

Their pending 0-4 record to start conference play will bring them back to planet Earth. Then they'll beat the 3 cream puffs to salvage the 5 seed.

ghostoffootballpast

I'd say that's opinion.  Ive seen teams win by 45-50 and felt like that team did all it could to run up the score.  What's really the difference? You know like never punting on a fourth down or Keeping your starters or your stars in the game to improve their personal stats or running every trick play in the book when you have a large lead and no chance you are going to loose. I've also seen a few games where the team won by 60=70 and felt like it wasn't a deliberate attempt to win by that amount.  Playing a very poor team, using every player on the roster, not throwing the ball, running simple run plays and yet they scored quickly and often.  What do you do? 
Point is its a game about scoring and stopping the other team from scoring.  It is what it's about.  I don't think any person never saw a game where they didn't feel their team was unfairly picked on.

panther86

Beach bum if you would check your facts before you let your fingers (or thumbs) type an over load your bum we haven't went 0 an 4 in conference  inabout 4yrs???

FoxandHound34

Ain't done anything in the postseason in about 40 though

COACHemUP

Quote from: Oldman on September 12, 2017, 03:48:28 pm
Integrity... something Oldman knows SO much about... PLease

AirWarren

Quote from: COACHemUP on September 13, 2017, 10:15:36 am

I remember Fouke lining up against Warren lineman thinking it's cute to say racial slurs to players.

Warren beating the absolute life out of fouke was an absolute pleasure.

Jimbo Morphis

You know me so well.

Longfellow

I think you might have some confusion over the definition of integrity. Poking fun on an internet message board by no means signifies a lack of integrity

COACHemUP

Quote from: AirWarren on September 13, 2017, 10:17:46 am
I remember Fouke lining up against Warren lineman thinking it's cute to say racial slurs to players.

Warren beating the absolute life out of fouke was an absolute pleasure.

D-BAG move to accuse someone of something there is no way to prove or defend. Guess it must be true based on your history of class and integrity. You're a joke.

COACHemUP

Quote from: Longfellow on September 13, 2017, 10:39:23 am
I think you might have some confusion over the definition of integrity. Poking fun on an internet message board by no means signifies a lack of integrity
Hey, I poked at Oldmans integerity when he poked at Fouke's integerity, should of been no biggie... then he showed who he really is with a despicable accusation from a game 15-20 years ago. Along with his "pleasure" watching Fouke having the crap beat out them.  Integrity encompasses many traits, decency, honesty, good character and honor just to cite a few.  Maybe Im not the one needing a better understanding of the definition of integrity. Just saying.

beach bum

Quote from: Longfellow on September 13, 2017, 10:39:23 am

+1

beach bum

Quote from: COACHemUP on September 13, 2017, 11:17:38 am
D-BAG move to accuse someone of something there is no way to prove or defend. Guess it must be true based on your history of class and integrity. You're a joke.

This board will be much happier when you are 0-4 in conference and disappear into the bushes to hide.

footballfan-tastic

Just how large a margin of victory is acceptable?

Dayton Kitchens

I agree with one of the first coaches I worked for (at Hermitage by the way). 

He said he was never going to tell a kid who rarely gets to play not to score if he has a chance.

I don't believe in running up the score.   But I do believe a losing team has at least some responsibility to play hard and keep trying even in a losing effort.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: COACHemUP on September 13, 2017, 12:44:28 pm
Hey, I poked at Oldmans integerity when he poked at Fouke's integerity, should of been no biggie... then he showed who he really is with a despicable accusation from a game 15-20 years ago. Along with his "pleasure" watching Fouke having the crap beat out them.  Integrity encompasses many traits, decency, honesty, good character and honor just to cite a few.  Maybe Im not the one needing a better understanding of the definition of integrity. Just saying.
By he I'm assuming you are talking about Airwarren and not me?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on September 13, 2017, 02:19:03 pm
I agree with one of the first coaches I worked for (at Hermitage by the way). 

He said he was never going to tell a kid who rarely gets to play not to score if he has a chance.

I don't believe in running up the score.   But I do believe a losing team has at least some responsibility to play hard and keep trying even in a losing effort.
Wouldn't that be like Bert talking about running it up on Bama? How many games did you win at Hermitage?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas