• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fountain Lake @ Smackover.

Started by Proud Buckaroo, September 08, 2017, 09:43:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Proud Buckaroo

One more non-conference game before conference play begins. I hope we work on the issues we had tonight. I see Fountain Lake is taking it to Haskell.

FBfan79

New coach and a completely different team for FL. If your sophomore db's had trouble tonight.. they might have trouble with Parion Johnson. Speedy receiver with good hands.

Proud Buckaroo

I really hope Smackover works on the issues. Speed wasn't really the issue. It was the big receivers for HA. Davis just threw a bunch of deep out passes and Harlow, Turley would come down with them.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 08, 2017, 09:49:28 pm
I really hope Smackover works on the issues. Speed wasn't really the issue. It was the big receivers for HA. Davis just threw a bunch of deep out passes and Harlow, Turley would come down with them.
If size is the issue, no amount of work can remedy that.

cuckoobird

Fountain lake can pick their score this week. Smackover is awful

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: CoolBreeze on September 09, 2017, 04:05:12 pm
If size is the issue, no amount of work can remedy that.

Not many teams in 3A have a 6'4 receiver, 6'5 QB and a 6'3 WR....

CoolBreeze

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 09, 2017, 04:19:28 pm
Fountain lake can pick their score this week. Smackover is awful
Don't count on it. Last Year the HA/Smack game went just about the same way, but in the other direction. Despite the resounding defeat to the Buckaroos, the Wildcats got up off the mat and put together a winning streak. Finished the season 8-4, which means they were neither awful nor did they roll over for anybody. Lost in the last 2 minutes in second round playoff game to Newport, a semi-finalist.

Smackover is a young team. Look for them to improve each game over the course of the season.

cuckoobird

Or look for them to get tired of being smacked around, no pun intended, and never get better. Just because a team is young doesn't mean they have a bright future. No one knows what will happen or how they will mature. All we do know is smackover is awful now

panther07

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 09, 2017, 07:02:42 pm
Or look for them to get tired of being smacked around, no pun intended, and never get better. Just because a team is young doesn't mean they have a bright future. No one knows what will happen or how they will mature. All we do know is smackover is awful now

Serious question... How many snaps have you seen them play?

cuckoobird

0 and you could have seen every one 50 times and you still couldn't predict their future.

panther07

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 09, 2017, 07:07:13 pm
0 and you could have seen every one 50 times and you still couldn't predict their future.

Don't disagree.  You also don't know if they are terrible or not.  Could've just gotten beat by a really good team. 

cuckoobird

panther07

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 09, 2017, 07:12:59 pm
Good teams don't get skull drug.

Wynne got beat by like 1000 in state finals last year.

cuckoobird

lol smackover didn't play a version of pulaski academy either. They're a whole different monster

panther07

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 09, 2017, 07:16:07 pm
lol smackover didn't play a version of pulaski academy either. They're a whole different monster

I'm not calling Harding Academy PA, and i'm not calling Smackover Wynne but Your argument has holes.. Smackover was worse than I thought after seeing their film.  But not going to call any team with that kind of athleticism in 3A terrible. 

However, I think HA's history speaks for itself.  They aren't PA, but I wouldn't call them some slouch.  Been known to do this to lots of folks.  And will continue to do so. 

cuckoobird

Honestly I think discipline is the biggest difference. I don't mean get in trouble or start fights discipline either. HA definitely has less tallent but they are well coached to make up for it. Smackover has done less with more for several years now and I don't expect it to get any better

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 09, 2017, 07:29:48 pm
Honestly I think discipline is the biggest difference. I don't mean get in trouble or start fights discipline either. HA definitely has less tallent but they are well coached to make up for it. Smackover has done less with more for several years now and I don't expect it to get any better

It WILL get better. Because they are under new coaching staff now. It won't stay like the old ways. Smackover should have one state title in their hands right now in the last 10 years.

cuckoobird

You don't know that it will. Like I said before, they may get tired of getting smacked around then add the new coach with new ways and they could just quit. I hope that doesn't happen but I've seen it

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 09, 2017, 07:42:58 pm

It WILL get better. Because they are under new coaching staff now. It won't stay like the old ways. Smackover should have one state title in their hands right now in the last 10 years.

Coach bielema at arkansas says the same thing....

Skip Baymore

September 09, 2017, 11:35:03 pm #19 Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 12:21:00 am by Skip Baymore
Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 09, 2017, 10:34:52 pm

Yep.  I don't have a problem with the 28.  But the 7 now is concerning in this game.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 09, 2017, 10:34:52 pm

Don't even want to discuss razorbacks anymore. Lol.

FBfan79

I didn't know HA had such big receivers.  Out of FL's 3 leading receivers, not one is over 5'10. We'll see how they hold up.

Jimbo Morphis

PB you need a deer camp to spend time at this year. Gonna be a long year being a Buck and
hog fan.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Oldman on September 10, 2017, 05:57:50 pm
PB you need a deer camp to spend time at this year. Gonna be a long year being a Buck and
hog fan.

And a seahawk fan. Well, today. Three losses in the weekend. 😂

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 10, 2017, 06:54:09 pm
And a seahawk fan. Well, today. Three losses in the weekend. 😂
Hogs and Seahawks offensive lines look a lot alike.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: FBfan79 on September 10, 2017, 06:47:22 am
I didn't know HA had such big receivers.  Out of FL's 3 leading receivers, not one is over 5'10. We'll see how they hold up.

Do you guys still have that pretty shifty RB from last year?

FBfan79

#5 Roberson was FL's leading rusher last year as a sophomore.  He didn't play in their first game this year and only had 10 carries for 36yds last game. You'll see a different FL team then what you saw last year though.

Proud Buckaroo

September 12, 2017, 11:15:15 am #27 Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 11:45:50 am by Proud Buckaroo
Smackover will be different than what FL saw last year as well. I think this will be a pretty close game. It was a good game last year as well. I'll be there for this home opener. Will you be there FBfan?

rayzorbackfan

To much size, to much speed...Fountain Lake SMACKS Smackover by 14.

gooze55

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 12, 2017, 11:15:15 am
Smackover will be different than what FL saw last year as well. I think this will be a pretty close game. It was a good game last year as well. I'll be there for this home opener. Will you be there FBfan?
pb sound like u worried about your home opener

Jimbo Morphis

Still drinking the koolaid.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: gooze55 on September 12, 2017, 02:19:45 pm
      pb sound like u worried about your home opener

Nope. I just know FL will be a much improved team this year.

gooze55

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: rayzorbackfan on September 12, 2017, 12:44:02 pm
To much size, to much speed...Fountain Lake SMACKS Smackover by 14.

Speed will not be an issue. I don't guess you've seen Corbin Lee OR Dexter Crockett run the ball.

cuckoobird

In the bucks first 2 games the other teams did most of the running

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 12, 2017, 04:12:23 pm
In the bucks first 2 games the other teams did most of the running

Corbin had 100+ yards rushing and Dexter had 70+ yards rushing in the first game. You need better fishing bait.

FBfan79

I wish I could.  I live out of state now so I catch a live video feed if I can and/or listen online.

FL's offense looked pretty good from what little I've seen.  I'll be interested to see how the defense holds up against the bucks though.  Should be a good one.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: FBfan79 on September 12, 2017, 08:04:34 pm
I wish I could.  I live out of state now so I catch a live video feed if I can and/or listen online.

FL's offense looked pretty good from what little I've seen.  I'll be interested to see how the defense holds up against the bucks though.  Should be a good one.

Not sure If FL has a live stream or not. But smackover has one and I can send it to you.

FBfan79

Please do!  FL streamed the home opener but I couldn't find a live stream against Haskell.  Haven't found out if they're only streaming home games or what.  Appreciate it.

Proud Buckaroo

Proud Buckaroo

FYI: Game time has been changed from 7:00pm to 7:30pm this Friday.

dragondad

FL by as many as they want...... :-)

CoolBreeze

Buckaroos rebound and pull off the upset.

Monsta

panther07

Quote from: Monsta on September 13, 2017, 07:47:38 pm
that was a good dream...FL by 6

So confident...yet only picking other team by less than Td and extra point.

Proud Buckaroo

dragondad

September 13, 2017, 09:16:39 pm #46 Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 09:24:00 pm by dragondad
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 13, 2017, 08:12:13 pm
Haynesville by 14.

Harding Academy by 28

Oh wait, that was last week.....my mistake.   ;D

panther07

Quote from: dragondad on September 13, 2017, 09:16:39 pm
Harding Academy by 28

Don't let the 28 fool you... it was a mercy rule :)

panther07

But I still expect Smackover to put up a pretty good fight as long as QB is healthy. 

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: dragondad on September 13, 2017, 09:16:39 pm
Harding Academy by 28

Not our fault JC's first non-Cupcake is week 3.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas