• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Team camps

Started by Majorpain, June 02, 2017, 09:55:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Majorpain

Since team camps are firing up anyone got any news on how teams are performing? Any good matchups?

BannerMountainMan

Pangburn camp Thursday, I believe Shirley is involved

BannerMountainMan

Pangburn camp
Shirley beats Heber Springs and Maumelle Charter but loses to ICC and Midland

Majorpain

Did Shirley have quite a few of seniors graduate? Mammoth Springs girls did well at their camps this summer went 8-1 against some really good teams. Layne was with them they should be a dominating team this year. Wonderview has done well at their camps as well. Norfork beat MVE twice at their camps. Should be a fun year again in girls basketball.

BannerMountainMan

6 of top 8 players for Shirley graduated but still looking solid.

Majorpain

Shirley's always good. It's impressive to be able to stay good all the time .

Moonshiner

Norfork girls are unbeaten so far

Eagle_Mom_2

June 19, 2017, 09:23:19 pm #7 Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 09:30:55 pm by Eagle_Mom_2
Quote from: Moonshiner on June 19, 2017, 09:18:16 pm
Norfork girls are unbeaten so far
Are they setting 3 point records for team camps?

Moonshiner

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on June 19, 2017, 09:23:19 pm

Not that I know of.

Backboard Shattered

Team camps!  Do ppl really keep up with wins and losses?

Moonshiner

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on June 20, 2017, 07:15:40 am
Team camps!  Do ppl really keep up with wins and losses?

Only if they are winning

Backboard Shattered

Do they get trophies?  I thought team.camps were to practice and let everyone play?

Moonshiner

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on June 20, 2017, 09:35:27 am
Do they get trophies?  I thought team.camps were to practice and let everyone play?

I'm betting that if someone polled the coaches, more than half would say that they dislike team camps. 
You know they don't give trophies and I agree with your point.  But....there will still be a winning team and a losing team.

Bigleague

Who won between Norfork and wonderview girls?

motivate

Quote from: Moonshiner on June 20, 2017, 03:57:12 pm
I'm betting that if someone polled the coaches, more than half would say that they dislike team camps. 
You know they don't give trophies and I agree with your point.  But....there will still be a winning team and a losing team.
If coaches didn't like team camps they wouldn't go. It's a great chance for the teams to learn the game.

Moonshiner

Quote from: motivate on June 20, 2017, 04:22:07 pm
If coaches didn't like team camps they wouldn't go. It's a great chance for the teams to learn the game.

some don't go.  And are still successful.  These kids are expected to play in mid season form when they aren't practicing regularly.  Picking up bad habits and potentially getting hurt do nobody any good.  Team camps are good, to a degree. A lot of coaches go because the parents expect them to. 

Moonshiner

Quote from: Bigleague on June 20, 2017, 04:01:17 pm
Who won between Norfork and wonderview girls?

As far as I know they haven't played this summer.

SackAttack

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on June 19, 2017, 09:23:19 pm
If they were you'd surely be hearing about it no doubt

BannerMountainMan

Rosebud camp this week, Shirley plays Pangburn and Abundant life

Bigleague

Good deal.  I'm a big fan of team camps. Should get a look at a lot of teams

SackAttack

Im tingly with anticipation ::) ::) ::)

ballmember

Rosebud camp usually has a well run deal, with jr boys and sr boys.  some teams this year are Quitman, Midland, Sacred Heart, Shirley, Bergman, Rosebud, Marshall, West side gf,  Mayflower, Pangburn, Abundant Life, Heber Springs, Clinton, Norfork, Viola, Riverview, Mt Vernon Enola,  Timbo, Bradford,................... First games start at 9am,  sr high in big gym;  jr high in old rosebud gym,   have used a church gym also in the past.     Looking forward to it.  Looks like Monday ends around 7 and Tuesday before 10pm.  don't know about Wednesday.       

Majorpain

Looking forward to hearing about these boy camps this week at Rose Bud! Only heard about girls camps so far this summer. Glad dead period is coming to an end! As for Norfork and Wonderview they haven't had a matchup that I have seen and no three point records broke. They look to have a whole different style of play from last year.

AirItOut21

Dierks is hosting a junior high team camp this week.

Dierks
Horatio
Cossatot River
Murfreesboro
Bismarck

PapaHog

Columbia Christian is hosting as well.

Warhawkpa80

Papahog, how are y'all doing so far this summer?

PapaHog

Well....we are learning how to put our left foot in front of our right. If we can get that figured out before March..State Champs! Haha

Warhawkpa80

Well good luck. Maybe y'all should ban chewing gum in practice to speed up the process.

SackAttack

Quote from: Majorpain on July 09, 2017, 11:40:14 am
Looking forward to hearing about these boy camps this week at Rose Bud! Only heard about girls camps so far this summer. Glad dead period is coming to an end! As for Norfork and Wonderview they haven't had a matchup that I have seen and no three point records broke. They look to have a whole different style of play from last year.
Who got the #1 seed??

PapaHog

Haha! I'll take that advice. We are still having a little trouble learning our left from our right, but we will get there one of these years.

BannerMountainMan

Shirley took an L to Midland who looks very stout this year after bringing everybody back as beat Quitman.

Robert_Dorfenshootze

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on July 11, 2017, 10:28:58 am
Shirley took an L to Midland who looks very stout this year after bringing everybody back as beat Quitman.

I've been trying to tell people our boys are going to be tough. Best scorer in the conference back along with some good guards and athletes. I'm really excited to see what we can do.
We did lose Fortson but he wasn't as assertive as he could've been so I think we can make up for him graduating. Better watch out for these Mustangs!

BannerMountainMan

Shirley beat Pangburn and Abundant Life today

neaguru

I went to the bay camp today for a little while.
Tuckerman over Paragould
Tuckerman over westside going off what the kids working said
Manila over bay
Manila over valley view

BannerMountainMan

Shirley beat Bergman and Mayflower

ballmember

my brief impressions of Rosebud team camp.   Thought Clinton, Midland and Riverview looked good in games I saw.   Marshall and  Shirley  did ok.   

bobcats

Quote from: ballmember on July 13, 2017, 01:06:12 pm
my brief impressions of Rosebud team camp.   Thought Clinton, Midland and Riverview looked good in games I saw.   Marshall and  Shirley  did ok.   

You must not have been there on Wednesday.  Marshall beat Riverview by 18 and Heber by 30 plus.

ballmember

Was there on Wednesday but left early,  glad to hear Marshall beat Riverview.  If anyone can beat their press they are beatable.   Also, don't seem like they do well on offense in half court set.   However, it is early and camps are just camps but useful for players especially.   Good for fans that are ready for some basketball. 

BannerMountainMan

If you want to see how good Westside is this year, Shirley Westside and Norfork gotta a round robin practice games tomorrow at Shirley.

Bigleague

Or maybe we will find out how good Shirley is.    Will the Boss be there?

SackAttack

Quote from: Bigleague on July 17, 2017, 08:25:14 pm
Or maybe we will find out how good Shirley is.    Will the Boss be there?
Talked to Ernest T today havent seen that sucker in months. He looked good he told me about this little hootennanny they are having tomorrow. I think Ill go just because Im missing me some hoops

BannerMountainMan

Shirley beat Norfork 54-27 and beat Westside 51-19

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on July 18, 2017, 07:55:23 pm
Shirley beat Norfork 54-27 and beat Westside 51-19
Starting 5 played quite a bit LOL

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: SackAttack on July 18, 2017, 11:06:26 pm
Starting 5 played quite a bit LOL
thats all that played for Westside man ;)

Majorpain

Not sure on the seeding. I still haven't heard anything on Wonderview this summer. I believe I heard Norfork girls went 8-0 at Harding. a few camps this week for boys this week there's a camp at Marshal with some good teams. Also a good camp at Lyon college for girls as well.

ballmember

Westside don't seem to have many participate in summer games.    They were just wore out with so few players.       

Bigleague

Shirley has dominated that conference the last couple of years. And it looks like they will again

ballmember

Concord, Midland and Shirley sr boys looks like will tussle for the top 2 spots.  just an opinion we all have one.

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: ballmember on July 26, 2017, 02:45:47 pm
Concord, Midland and Shirley sr boys looks like will tussle for the top 2 spots.  just an opinion we all have one.
Picking Concord to repeat as district champions. Talented senior class and two solid sophomores who are only going to get better over the next three years.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on July 26, 2017, 09:49:05 pm
Picking Concord to repeat as district champions. Talented senior class and two solid sophomores who are only going to get better over the next three years.
I can go with
Concord
Midland
Shirley
Timbo for the top 4
Maybe Westside or Southside can slip in number 4

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas