• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Benton Harmony Grove Girls

Started by SouthPa, May 23, 2017, 08:37:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthPa

What's going on with this search?  Who are the top candidates?

FisherOfMen11

Heard they finished interviews today and one was a coach who grew up and graduated from there and his grandpa coached there and retired from there. Also heard there is another guy who was an assistant under jerry chumley a while back who interviewed and chumley has ties there having coached at harmony grove for a while.  Haven't heard who else apparently they interviewed 5-6 so I was told.

Beaver Fever

motivate

Beaver Fever

I always liked him when he was here at Glen Rose, thought he did a good job.

FisherOfMen11

Current principals daughter, current coach at the schools daughter, and VERY "involved" parents. I dont think there is any question the guy is a good coach, but he has yet to have a good season, at least according to max preps since he has been there. Now whether that is because of coaching or talent is kind of up in the air.

Beaver Fever

I image softball limits the time he gets to spend with the girls, I heard they practice just about year round.
  I know they take softball very serious over there.

FisherOfMen11

Yes it seems like softball and football have become the major focuses in what use to be a basketball school. I can still remember going to games in their old gym and the atmosphere. Nothing like that now at a basketball game.

BBall247

May 24, 2017, 01:55:37 pm #8 Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 02:09:47 pm by BBall247
Heard one of the candidates is the grandson of the Cooper family.

FisherOfMen11

Any idea where he has been? I am assuming your talking as in cooper from mills cooper family?

BBall247

No his mother, aunt and uncles all went to Harmony Grove. All were very good basketball players. His mother played in college and coached at the high school level. Aunt played at UofA. He didn't grow up in the Harmony Grove area. Other relatives of his would be the Jones.
He has been coaching and teaching for 8 years now. He would make a good fit at Harmony Grove for sure.

FisherOfMen11

Heard they have chosen their new coach. Not sure when they will release her name though

Moneymike

HG did make a hire, it's a woman is all I've heard... Think it will be a good fit for them, someone with high school head coaching experience. Good luck to Benton Harmony Grove

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Moneymike on May 27, 2017, 04:09:30 pm
HG did make a hire, it's a woman is all I've heard... Think it will be a good fit for them, someone with high school head coaching experience. Good luck to Benton Harmony Grove

You think it will be a good fit for them and all you have heard heard is it's a woman???? Doesn't take to much to make you happy lol.

CoachHall

May 27, 2017, 09:16:05 pm #14 Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 09:58:20 pm by CoachHall
Good luck to their new coach. Whoever it is has a good group that should go far this next year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas