• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5a girls

Started by Coachbanks12, March 20, 2017, 07:50:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Coachbanks12

5a south has won state 3yrs in a row. Are they considered the strongest conference in 5a girls now?

Chief_Osceola™

Pretty hard to argue otherwise.  I guess you could make the argument that a conference is deeper in some years, but the South obviously has had the strongest team at the top each of the last 3 years.

PapaHog

Top heavy. Hot Springs has a shot at making it 4 in a row next year, but outside of those 2 you don't have any contenders. Lakeside and DeQueen are losing seniors. Magnolia will drop off. Camden has good young talent, but none of those can play at the level Hot Springs and Chapel are at.

Marblehog

Quote from: PapaHog on April 03, 2017, 11:29:16 am
Top heavy. Hot Springs has a shot at making it 4 in a row next year, but outside of those 2 you don't have any contenders. Lakeside and DeQueen are losing seniors. Magnolia will drop off. Camden has good young talent, but none of those can play at the level Hot Springs and Chapel are at.
DeQueen and Lakeside will both be better next year.  Best players are young for DQ and Lakeside loses really only one starter.  Hot Springs will be the team to beat.  Chapel down big time as well as Magnolia

Sports24/7

South does look pretty good. How do the others look? Especially the 5A East?

sevenof400

Quote from: Coachbanks12 on March 20, 2017, 07:50:20 am
5a south has won state 3yrs in a row. Are they considered the strongest conference in 5a girls now?

Is it fair to consider the 5A South as a whole the best conference when Watson Chapel won two of those titles?  I'm saying that because it does not appear the conference has that much depth - in other words I don't see where all four South teams won their opening round game at state.  Two very good teams?  Yes, definitely. 

croboostbusted

One team does not a conference make.

The best conference this year (as far as depth goes) was the East and then probably the Central.

Nettleton, GCT, Paragould, Valley View, Batesville all had great season and all probably deserved to be in the State Tourney

Coachbanks12

In team don't make the conference strong but if a team from that conference continue to come out on top where do you put them?

PapaHog

The south doesn't get enough credit. Everyone wants to praise NEA basketball, but at the end of the day, the south has won the last 3 state titles. Take that for what it is. The SEC is "the best conference in football." Why? The only team winning is Bama. To be the best you must first beat the best. That's my take on it. It's not necessarily about overall depth.

croboostbusted

I think the SEC is the best conference because come bowl time they usually dominate. The Central and East tend to do the best outside of Watson Chapel in post season play. It's just my opinion, probably wrong. lol

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: PapaHog on May 03, 2017, 09:56:55 am
The south doesn't get enough credit. Everyone wants to praise NEA basketball, but at the end of the day, the south has won the last 3 state titles. Take that for what it is. The SEC is "the best conference in football." Why? The only team winning is Bama. To be the best you must first beat the best. That's my take on it. It's not necessarily about overall depth.

Good post, except right now the ACC wears the crown.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PapaHog on May 03, 2017, 09:56:55 am

The only team winning what exactly??

PapaHog

National championships.. I'm fully aware that they didn't win it this year. I'm just speaking from a body of work.

Marblehog

Heard Lee Mayberry moved to Watson Chapel and his daughter will be playing for them now.  Chapel might not be as down as we thought.....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas