• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NLR vs. Conway

Started by 1mitation9, September 30, 2009, 01:16:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1mitation9

Let's have some chatter ladies and gentlemen.  :)

Personally, I will go with the favored NLR. 

21-7

Valleysports

I think NLR could Mercy Rule Conway!  NLR has a Jitterbug of a running back, big receiver, some big lineman, and gaining confidence.  What they don't have is much Horse Sense.  Over and Over - hitting in the back penalties, that are no where near the play, bringing back Touchdowns.  Discipline problems, celebrating - all kinds of Stupid Penalties.  If coach could get through to the players that the intention is to score points, they could be a good team!  Is that the chatter you were wanting?  ;D

mack

Quote from: Valleysports on September 30, 2009, 02:21:34 pm
I think NLR could Mercy Rule Conway!  NLR has a Jitterbug of a running back, big receiver, some big lineman, and gaining confidence.  What they don't have is much Horse Sense.  Over and Over - hitting in the back penalties, that are no where near the play, bringing back Touchdowns.  Discipline problems, celebrating - all kinds of Stupid Penalties.   If coach could get through to the players that the intention is to score points, they could be a good team!  Is that the chatter you were wanting?  ;D

I have been saying the same thing for 6 years now.  I think Coach Bolding is getting us on track in most areas.  The one that he does not seem to be gaining impetus on is "playing with discipline". 

As far as celebrations,,,, you're just jealous cause Russellville folks can't dance like us!!!!!!!!

1mitation9

I graduated from NLR.  Always irritated me how they are mostly ineffective when they are "supposed" to have a good team.

Never meeting expectations, at least not in my opinion, especially on offense.

Only reason I have the score so low is because of the offense.  They could be a really good offense, but most of the time the offense underachieves and has to rely solely on their defense.

Funny how you took two schools and combined them and come out with half a football team, where you used to have 2 pretty good football teams.  NLR Ole Main and NLR - East Campus (Don't know what they used to be).  However, both used to be decent, and now combined they can't field a team that is able to win consistently.

runrule

mack

Quote from: 1mitation9 on September 30, 2009, 02:53:13 pm
I graduated from NLR.  Always irritated me how they are mostly ineffective when they are "supposed" to have a good team.

Only reason I have the score so low is because of the offense.  They could be a really good offense, but most of the time the offense underachieves and has to rely solely on their defense.

Funny how you took two schools and combined them and come out with half a football team, where you used to have 2 pretty good football teams.  NLR Ole Main and NLR - East Campus (Don't know what they used to be).  However, both used to be decent, and now combined they can't field a team that is able to win consistently.

You are absolutely correct.  They split my Sr class to make the first Sr class at Northeast Sr. High.  From that time on, both schools were pretty competitive.  Then, they merge, and mediocrity ensues for the most part.  Part of the problem is the frickin' transer regs over the years, coupled with the proliferation of private schools.  All we had to deal with was Catholic back in the day.  Now, good NLR athletes go to CAC, PA, LRC and Catholic.  Still, with our numbers,  it's gotta get better.  Coach Bolding is getting us there.

Valleysports

Quoteyou're just jealous cause Russellville folks can't dance like us!!!!!!!!
Definitely wasn't right!  Don't think we could dance, anywhere, like ya'll.  OMG that Running Back is shifty!  Dude - there is plenty of athletic ability on that team!  I'd like to see them excell, on the way to the playoffs!

Guess you heard about the big ooops, when Russellville's QB faked out the ref, 18 secs before half? Rsvl QB fakes a stop-the-clock spike, then pulls back and throws to the corner of the endzone - TD. Ref blew whistle on the fake spike! His Bad! Clock ran down to 3 secs - didn't give Russ the time back.  Kicked a 38 yr field goal.

Valleysports

That big reciever impressed me.  And how big is that 300 pounder they gave the ball too on 4th... I was thinking - William Perry is fixing to run over someone - which he did.  Thank goodness he fell 10 yds down the field because he was leaning to far forward, with no resistance.  :D

Jesusfreak

mack

Quote from: Valleysports on September 30, 2009, 04:59:24 pm
Quoteyou're just jealous cause Russellville folks can't dance like us!!!!!!!!
Definitely wasn't right!  Don't think we could dance, anywhere, like ya'll.  OMG that Running Back is shifty!  Dude - there is plenty of athletic ability on that team!  I'd like to see them excell, on the way to the playoffs!

Guess you heard about the big ooops, when Russellville's QB faked out the ref, 18 secs before half? Rsvl QB fakes a stop-the-clock spike, then pulls back and throws to the corner of the endzone - TD. Ref blew whistle on the fake spike! His Bad! Clock ran down to 3 secs - didn't give Russ the time back.  Kicked a 38 yr field goal.

Geez yes, and I hated it.  No sarcasm.  That hurts the kids, and it could have made a difference in the game's momentum.  Still, you know as well as I do, the coach has a responsibility to get with the refs before the game, and explain any trick plays that they may be running.  I remember when I was coaching at Vilonia and later at Sylvan Hills, before the game we always did that.  Heck, most of the time the refs asked about it before we told them.   Did your coaches do it?  Boy, if they did, it just compounds the shafting you guys got.

chiefsfan

I feel ya.   Between my Junior and Senior years of schools the football team won a combined 2 games. 

now everytime NLR begins to look like an excellent team im really cautious about truly believing in them just because of what ive seen over the years

Cabotfan

cabotpantherman

There is no reason why NLR shouldnt be dominating every year. Of all the years I have watch nlr play discipline seems to be the biggest problem.

chiefsfan

Quote from: Cabotfan on October 01, 2009, 02:09:24 pm
NLR Ole Main

Widcats

NLR NorthEast Campus (Don't know what they used to be).

Chargers

put them together and you get the schools current nickname

Valleysports

October 01, 2009, 06:39:10 pm #14 Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 06:59:57 pm by Valleysports
Wildcat Chargers?

Tiger8

Quote from: Valleysports on September 30, 2009, 05:03:10 pm
That big reciever impressed me.  And how big is that 300 pounder they gave the ball too on 4th... I was thinking - William Perry is fixing to run over someone - which he did.  Thank goodness he fell 10 yds down the field because he was leaning to far forward, with no resistance.  :D
Central put them where they are today

Billyo62

Quote from: Tiger8 on October 02, 2009, 11:27:10 am
Quote from: Valleysports on September 30, 2009, 05:03:10 pm
Central put them where they are today

please explain!  ::)

mack

Quote from: Valleysports on October 01, 2009, 06:39:10 pm
Wildcat Chargers?

That's not a Charging Wildcat [ridiculous compromise when the 2 schools merged by the way].

Anyone can see that's a wampus cat.  Note the webbed feet.

Billyo62

Quote from: mack on October 02, 2009, 12:33:05 pm
Wildcat Chargers?

I thought a Wampus cat had six feet... not six toes inside 2 Webbed feet!  Just Askin

mack

Quote from: Billyo62 on October 02, 2009, 12:44:10 pm
Wildcat Chargers?

I thought a Wampus cat had six feet... not six toes inside 2 Webbed feet!  Just Askin
[

/quote]

Sorry,,, I should have explained that this is an artist's conceptual rendering of how the wampus cat will look after tonight's game.. You'll note as well,,,,,,,, there is no
A55
either,,,,  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Billyo62

Quote from: mack on October 02, 2009, 02:15:04 pm
Quote from: Billyo62 on October 02, 2009, 12:44:10 pm
Wildcat Chargers?

[

/quote]

Sorry,,, I should have explained that this is an artist's conceptual rendering of how the wampus cat will look after tonight's game.. You'll note as well,,,,,,,, there is no
A55
either,,,,  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

LOL- you're right no Caboose!  :o

Valleysports

CatsnBears

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas