• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

South Side WR

Started by 10yardfight, August 18, 2009, 10:12:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

10yardfight

Does anyone know who the main receivers for South Side will be this year?  Just trying to keep track of some former players I coached.

Quite Frankly

You worked at the school and call it South Side?

10yardfight

I never coached at South Side but I coached several kids that go to southside.  The ones I know are seniors and Juniors.

Quite Frankly

10yardfight

closer to what?  I just want to know who might be playing as a receiver for the high school

Ty

Depends on who Baitshop recruited the past few weeks.

Smithian

Quote from: 10yardfight on August 18, 2009, 10:12:04 pm
Does anyone know who the main receivers for South Side will be this year?  Just trying to keep track of some former players I coached.
Tyler Falleur and Quai Anderson are the names that I think of probably as starters this year.

I hear baitshop may pull off a deadline deal before the first game with a big time former Southside WR like Slick Shelley or even Kevin Tiffee... Or maybe even work some connections for a former NWArkansas great like Andrew Norman...  :o

Scorp

Southside should rarely lose a game with someone as good as "Baitshop Willy" pulling in the talent!   ;D

10yardfight

I'm just wondering about a friend of mine's son, Thomas Meares.  I was wondering if there is any word about him out there.

Baitshop

Thomas Meares (SR.) messed up an ACL during the high school baseball season and is still rehabing.....they are currently holding him out of practice but expect that he will be in the mix when the season starts.......

FWI, Baitshop Willy and Dixie Preps are currently in "negotiations" to bring in former Northside, Razorback, and Jacksonville Jaguar standout (and currently available) Matt Jones for a tryout to play WR for the Rebels this year........Baitshop Willy was concerned that bringing in Jones might upset the AAA, but, it appears, that all they will do is issue a meaningless "Warning".....

More information on this as it becomes available.......

ricepig

Quote from: Baitshop on August 19, 2009, 02:46:47 pm
Thomas Meares (SR.) messed up an ACL during the high school baseball season and is still rehabing.....they are currently holding him out of practice but expect that he will be in the mix when the season starts.......

FWI, Baitshop Willy and Dixie Preps are currently in "negotiations" to bring in former Northside, Razorback, and Jacksonville Jaguar standout (and currently available) Matt Jones for a tryout to play WR for the Rebels this year........Baitshop Willy was concerned that bringing in Jones might upset the AAA, but, it appears, that all they will do is issue a meaningless "Warning".....

Good, I was afraid that they might put you on double secret probation.

Scorp

Good luck with Jones........  I see your negotiations with Favre didn't work out!!     :P

Baitshop

August 19, 2009, 08:38:22 pm #12 Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 08:47:22 pm by Baitshop
Quote from: ricepig on August 19, 2009, 03:47:00 pm

Good, I was afraid that they might put you on double secret probation.

Neh.......Dean Werner won't put me on double secret probation until he finds out that I am playing the "hokey pokey" with his wife at the frat house........ ;) ;)

FWI....Dixie Preps has offered MJ a 12ft. flat bottom boat, 9 1/2 horse Johnson outboard motor, and a Zebco 202 reel for his services this year........he is playing hardball and is holding out for a years supply of "Catfish Charlie Stink Bait".....

He has no chance.....just because my name is Baitshop Willy doesn't mean I will give away the farm for this guy......this dude has no job......he needs me more than I need him......Andrew Norman IS available..... ;)

Smithian

Baitship Willy, you sir were born with a dazzlingly high quantity of awesome.

Earl is my Hero!!

That's fine, bring him in!

He can't seem to ever run a complete route. Everytime he comes to a white line he stops to snort it...

Baitshop

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on August 20, 2009, 08:35:30 am

That's fine, bring him in!

He can't seem to ever run a complete route. Everytime he comes to a white line he stops to snort it...

That's no problem because we don't have a guy that can throw all the way to the white lines......thanks to Brett Farve's decision to take more money at Minnesota than we were willing to pay here at Dixie Prep......

Farve is a country boy.....I offered him the same flat bottom boat, Johnson 9 1/2, and Zebco 202 package and he just laughed......I said "So, do you have a better offer?".......I heard Minnesota got stupid and gave him a Evinrude 25 horse........heck, he's 40 years old......we ain't givin' him no friggin Evinrude........let him freeze his butt of in Minnesota.......at least if he played for the Rebels he would have made the playoffs.......

AAH

Meares hurt his knee in practice yesterday again, trying to make a cut. Waiting on the MRI. Alex Nolan and Drew Harris will be getting a some receptions as well. Blue white scrimmage tomorrow night.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas