• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marion vs West Memphis '08

Started by 1teamedition0, July 14, 2008, 10:23:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoopswatcher

Quote from: Buedebilsfan on July 19, 2008, 11:49:12 pm
Quote from: BBALLFAN on July 19, 2008, 04:32:56 pm
WM has more students we all know that but 1300 not sure how accurate that is. Shouldnt matter we all know Marion students are superior to WM so numbers shouldnt matter :):)

My debils have a big advantage because we run the wingt. The wingt is the most explosive offense in football.  You have to be tuff to run the wingt and my debils are tuff. Marion could hang around for 1 quarter if they ran the wingt. My debils win because of the wingt.

OOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH        GO TO BED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

True Believer

Buedebilsfan has taken fools, Ricky Bobby and BlueDevilBaby's place of entertaining us.

Rulesman

Quote from: True Believer on July 20, 2008, 12:02:35 pm
Buedebilsfan has taken fools, Ricky Bobby and BlueDevilBaby's place of entertaining us.
... and QF... :)

DF#1

July 24, 2008, 09:56:37 am #53 Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 10:05:17 am by Devilfan#1
This year's game is going to be very interesting.

The Devils lost quite a bit offensively and defensively. Not to say that they will be weak because they won't. They have A LOT of great talent filling the gaps. This might actually be one of the most talented groups in recent memory.

But experience is a big factor. And Marion will have quite a bit of it.

They have one heck of a junior class that saw a lot of action last season.

You will definitely not see another 59-0 blowout.

It will be a close game this season. Well...closER... ;)

In all seriousness, Marion will be the second best team in the conference this year.

I would say home team gets the nod in this one but there really isn't a home/road factor. Granted, the field, fieldhouse, locker room, environment is huge, but the adrenline rush going through the players bodies will negate any of that.

It's not like WM will have more fans than Marion.

Looking forward to Round 3.

True Believer

Good post.  I think it will be a great and close game also.  It's an away game for Marion but it's not really away, is it?  Good luck to both teams.  Of course, I believe in my Patriots. 

72364Devil

Way to early to talk about this game, I bet both coaches wish they played this game Week 1 to get all the crap over with.  Both teams have good coaches and good players, but Marion has not yet become a football town, just like WM is not a baseball town.  I just want to say that I am glad all the trash talk goes on here and not on the field, both teams have played the last two years with great respect for each other.  Good Luck to both teams, but Go Devils.

hoopswatcher

Quote from: Devilfan#1 on July 24, 2008, 09:56:37 am

The Devils lost quite a bit offensively and defensively. Not to say that they will be weak because they won't. They have A LOT of great talent filling the gaps. This might actually be one of the most talented groups in recent memory.

In all seriousness, Marion will be the second best team in the conference this year.

I would say home team gets the nod in this one but there really isn't a home/road factor. Granted, the field, fieldhouse, locker room, environment is huge, but the adrenline rush going through the players bodies will negate any of that.

DUDE,

Good post.  Where have you been? Taking summer off I guess? I thought you may have moved. LOL Good to see your ok.

fastdrop

It will be a close game this season. Well...closER...

I would guess it would have to be closer than last year.... ::)

unless one of the teams just stayed home.

memphisguy

I don't know what will happen because I don't know who is coming back for Marion. When the practice starts and I find out if some key players are back playing then we will see.
If those players are back, then it will be a closer game, if not, then it might be more of the same.
As good as a coach Uhrien is, and after what he did last year, there is zero doubt in my mind that the man is a very good coach, if some of those key players don't or can't play then it could be a long season.

True Believer

That always plays a huge part.  Coach U is a good coach.  He's old school and you do it his way or else.  Coach Gray, Coach Wright and Coach Hurley support him which is something he hasn't had in the past.  I have heard some people really complain about him but imo they were just being negative and they didn't want him to succeed for one reason or the other.  If our key players aren't back then we will not have a good season at all.  I hope that is not the case. 

DF#1

Quote from: hoopswatcher on July 24, 2008, 08:26:59 pm

DUDE,

Good post.  Where have you been? Taking summer off I guess? I thought you may have moved. LOL Good to see your ok.
haha...

no, no, no...I ain't gone nowhere.

BD Baby

haha...

[/quote]
Where are you going to college? ASU, MSCC or U of Memphis

westmem

I can't wait this is gonin 2 be a good game.this will see if my bluedevils will stand up to some veteran players.  go big blue state champs

DF#1

Quote from: DF#1 on July 29, 2008, 05:17:32 pm
Quote from: hoopswatcher on July 24, 2008, 08:26:59 pm

DUDE,

haha...

But I do appreciate your concerns.

Looking forward to a great season.

fastdrop

One of the last years for me to really get to enjoy this game....I know kids from both schools and that just makes it that more enjoyable to watch.

After this year....I think I will know more Pats than Devils playing football.

Good Luck to both teams....come ond leave it all on the field.

True Believer

Naw.....let's just duke it out on the baseball parking lot.    ;D

fastdrop

I don't think that would be too fair for Marion.

At least in football there are time limits and refs....I really don't want to see anybody from marion hurt too badly.

True Believer

DF#1

One thing about this game...

Marion is going to be looking for vengence in the worst way. That might not bode too well for WM who will still have a hangover from that 59-0 thrashing last year.

I hope WM doesn't get the big head.

Surely they won't on their own home field, but even in the first meeting a couple of years ago they got the big head after grabbing a 28-11 lead in the 3rd quarter.

I hope the same does not happen this year because Marion came dang close to winning that game.

Had Uhiren made the right decision and kicked a FG the game would have went into overtime and Marion would have had a huge advantage under that scenerio.

Their offensive line was bullying up on our defensive front.

Starting on the 10 yard line would have given Marion a big advantage.

True Believer

August 05, 2008, 09:30:51 pm #69 Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 11:59:01 am by True Believer
hehe....Patriots are coming on strong.   ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas