• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Points System for Next Year I'm Proposing

Started by 4029SportsTeam, October 29, 2006, 06:07:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

4029SportsTeam

Ok here is my proposed system I'm making that involves preseason rankings, Weekly hooten's rankings and a lot of other stuff.  Here is the points system.  Based on the Hooten's preseason conference ranking, a team would be given a set number of points.  Then you add or subtract points for each category getting a total for the week and divide it by the number of games played.  This way if a team has a bye week the playing field still stays even.  Let me know of any additional things I should add.

Preseason Conference Ranking
1st Place   100 pts
2nd Place   90 pts
3rd Place   80 pts
4th Place   70 pts
5th Place   60 pts
6th Place   50 pts
7th Place   40 pts

Win   +5   
Loss   -5
Conference Win   +15
Conference Loss   -10
Non Conference Win   +10
Non Conference Loss   -5
Win over Higher Class   +15
Loss to Higher Class   -5
Win over Same Class   +10
Loss to Same Class   -10
Win over Lower Class   +5
Loss to Lower Class   -15
Same Class Win over Higher Rank   +20
Same Class Win over Lower Rank   +5
Same Class Loss to Higher Rank   0
Same Class Loss to Lower Rank   -15
Win over Top 5 Team Higher Class   +25
Win over Top 10 Team Higher Class   +15
Win over Top 25 Team Higher Class   +10
Win over Top 5 Team Same Class   +20
Win over Top 10 Team Same Class   +10
Win over Top 25 Team Same Class   +5
Win over Top 5 Team Lower Class   +15
Win over Top 10 Team Lower Class   +10
Win over Top 25 Team Lower Class   +5
Win by 0-10   +5
Win by 11-20   +10
Win by 21-30   +15
Win by 31-40   +20
Win by 41+   +25
Loss by 0-10   -2
Loss by 11-20   -4
Loss by 21-30   -6
Loss by 31-40   -8
Loss by 41+   -10
Road Win   +2
Road Loss   -1
Home Win   +1
Home Loss   -2
Shutout   +10

not ray

No I think he is on to something.  This totally simplfies everything.  Instead of playing counting the conference wins and then taking the top 4 and having them play it out on the field just use the above.  It seems a lot simpler.

4029SportsTeam

yea i know its complicated but id have it all computerized...kinda like the rps rankins are.

Yee-Haw

Oh...computerized? Well you didn't mention that before. I'm all on board then.

I love the idea. In fact let's add the Maxpreps ranking in for just good measure.

Five more points to the team's head coach that shoots the lowest round of Super Mario Golf...you know, old-school style.

Like coach Jones said. Anything to bring more of a computer element into the game.

4029SportsTeam

Quote from: Yee-Haw on October 29, 2006, 06:38:32 pm
Oh...computerized? Well you didn't mention that before. I'm all on board then.

I love the idea. In fact let's add the Maxpreps ranking in for just good measure.

Five more points to the team's head coach that shoots the lowest round of Super Mario Golf...you know, old-school style.

Like coach Jones said. Anything to bring more of a computer element into the game.

what the heck and add in the democrat too...see i can make smartelic remarks too

RDFT

Quote from: RealCountry on October 29, 2006, 06:07:38 pm
Ok here is my proposed system I'm making that involves preseason rankings, Weekly hooten's rankings and a lot of other stuff.  Here is the points system.  Based on the Hooten's preseason conference ranking, a team would be given a set number of points.  Then you add or subtract points for each category getting a total for the week and divide it by the number of games played.  This way if a team has a bye week the playing field still stays even.  Let me know of any additional things I should add.

Preseason Conference Ranking
1st Place   100 pts
2nd Place   90 pts
3rd Place   80 pts
4th Place   70 pts
5th Place   60 pts
6th Place   50 pts
7th Place   40 pts

Win   +5  
Loss   -5
Conference Win   +15
Conference Loss   -10
Non Conference Win   +10
Non Conference Loss   -5
Win over Higher Class   +15
Loss to Higher Class   -5
Win over Same Class   +10
Loss to Same Class   -10
Win over Lower Class   +5
Loss to Lower Class   -15
Same Class Win over Higher Rank   +20
Same Class Win over Lower Rank   +5
Same Class Loss to Higher Rank   0
Same Class Loss to Lower Rank   -15
Win over Top 5 Team Higher Class   +25
Win over Top 10 Team Higher Class   +15
Win over Top 25 Team Higher Class   +10
Win over Top 5 Team Same Class   +20
Win over Top 10 Team Same Class   +10
Win over Top 25 Team Same Class   +5
Win over Top 5 Team Lower Class   +15
Win over Top 10 Team Lower Class   +10
Win over Top 25 Team Lower Class   +5
Win by 0-10   +5
Win by 11-20   +10
Win by 21-30   +15
Win by 31-40   +20
Win by 41+   +25
Loss by 0-10   -2
Loss by 11-20   -4
Loss by 21-30   -6
Loss by 31-40   -8
Loss by 41+   -10
Road Win   +2
Road Loss   -1
Home Win   +1
Home Loss   -2
Shutout   +10

Rankings, polls, and ratings should NEVER come in to play is playoff seedings. Playoff seedings should be based solely on performance on the field. Personally, I like the way things are right now. Although it can get complicated in the case of a 3 or more way tie, it's easily measurable and very well defined.

I am opposed to any system that would reward preseason ratings or running up the score. Who was at home or away, where the other team was ranked, etc. should never come in to play. All teams in a conference play the same teams in conference play, and non-conference play should not be a factor.

I guess you could say that I don't like your system at all. Why not impose the BCS on high schools? I mean, it seems to work so well on the collegiate level. (in case you can't tell, there's a major dose of sarcasm there...)

shiloh forever

Quote from: Yee-Haw on October 29, 2006, 06:10:25 pm
Yeah here's something you should add....a life

And maybe subtract your blowup doll for a girlfriend.

Are you fu***ng insane? Why do this?
Shut your mouth.RealCountry is trying to help us out and make fearless better.It is basically a high school BCS rating.

Baitshop

Yee-Haw

I, too, question your opposition to RealCountrys' "proposed system"..........

While I am not sure that I would like to see the AAA (or the ADG, Hootens etc.) adopt this system, I don't think that RC is "f***ng insane"..........

Nor, do I understand why this formula would make you want to make such a drastic remark about RC's girlfriend (I am assuming you are familiar with his personal life)...........

Also he doesn't owe you and answer for "Why do this?"..........It is his time spent and his right to post it on this board. His efforts and opinions cost you nothing, and from my perspective, certainly caused you no harm.........

I would never argue about your right to disagree with RealCountry or anyone else's posts or opinions, I just don't understand why you chose to respond in such a vitriolic fashion...........

not ray

Fact is nothing is going to change about how the seedings for playoffs are done.  The teams play the season for that.  No reason to bring outside opinions into what can be determined on the field.  I could just see some the looks on some of the coaches faces when they were told this is how things would be determined. 

Baitshop

S.D.

Do you take from RC's post that he is recommending this sytem for post season seeding?............

I took it as an "in season" ranking i.e. Hootens, ADG etc.........although if I were using this system I would never begin it with the Hootens Poll as the baseline.............

not ray

I have no idea what he is trying to say, but if different people want to have rankings then so be it.  If someone wants to use all the above criteria then so be it, but none of it matters.  There is not one team that has won a title that got the trophy and then wondered where they would be ranked by the AP, Hootens' etc.  They already know they are number 1 they have they trophy that says it. 

dogfan07

i do like you system. but a team cant win or lose by 0 pts. if someone wants to post he can and dont beat him down bc of that. your on here to get your opionin out like me and everyone else on here. rc had an opionin and wanted other people to see that. it evedently took some thought in to the system he thought of so dont go and down grade him to a personal level like talking about a blow up doll. so im goin to do what i just said not to. so go watch a movie with your blow up doll you never know you might get lucky tonight. good evening fellows im goin to bed. w/o a blow up doll. my girlfriend went home already. ;)

4029SportsTeam

thank you guys, im finally getting a little respect i see.  this is nothing im proposing for post season play or anything like that, just a simple rating system throughout the year.  that's simply all it is...a poll.

perviseagle

spend 2 hours playing game or 36 hours doing rc;s system

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas