• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7A Central

Started by 69RFan, February 14, 2006, 01:53:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins Central

NLR
12 (50%)
Russellville
10 (41.7%)
Catholic
2 (8.3%)
LR Central
13 (54.2%)

Total Members Voted: 24

69RFan

Who do you think will lock up the 7A Central

old timer

Catholic lost 20 starters!!!

HSFBF

If NLR gets an offensive line that can block well, look out!  Conway returns a lot of hungry guys and we could win it all easily. Central will be better this year and Catholic could surprise some people, it is just that they lose too many guys... Lets see if Scooter Register can wave his magic again...

69RFan

Where R all the  Pine Bluff supporters

7AFball

Conway first with NLR/ Central and Russellville hanging in there. The sleeper is Cabot. :-*

Walter

Bryant loses Mask and he is a good QB to lose but the one thing I know is there is another QB in the wings waiting to take over. That has been the system at Bryant since Patton took over in 98. A lot of Jr. saw time last year. I expect Bryant to be in the top two. Hope we have Cabot at home I want to show Cabotfan how we can pass.

RHS

QuoteI want to show Cabotfan how we can pass.

It will probably bring up old memories of the playoff game against Russellville.

rocketfootballpimp

catholic will win 7A central they still have bequete Dukes + Jake Bequete

rocketfootballpimp

Quote from: rocketfootballpimp on February 19, 2006, 09:45:12 pm
'go rockets'

Blue Collar

Quote from: rocketfootballpimp on February 19, 2006, 09:45:12 pm
So? How will that help Catholic out next year with those players?

rhs_07

Quote from: RHS on February 18, 2006, 02:16:26 pm

It will probably bring up old memories of the playoff game against Russellville.

*Applause*

Cabotfan

Quote from: SardisHog on February 18, 2006, 02:11:55 pm
Hope we have Cabot at home I want to show Cabotfan how we can pass.

I have seen how they pass, what was lacking in the game I watched was the catching of the pass!!

Bogey

Quote from: RHS on February 18, 2006, 02:16:26 pm

Old memories?!?!  More like nightmares!

RDFT

I don't follow the Central nearly as closely as I do the West, but here's mine anyway:

Russellville
North Little Rock
LR Central
Conway
Cabot
Pine Bluff
Bryant
LR Catholic

Russellville - Holt always had the Cyclones in the fight for a playoff spot (and succeeded all but his first year there). The Cyclones will make some huge waves in Central Arkansas this year.

North Little Rock - Hudson has a winning history and if he can develop his QB or find a new one, they could grab that #1 spot just as easily as Russellville. From what I understand, he's going to have to settle some internal issues on the team, and if he does that, watch out.

LR Central - Never count out Bernie Cox. The man is a living legend for a reason. He's got 7 state titles while at Central, and I bet he wants an 8th before he retires. However, the Tigers seem to have a lot of recovering from the talent they lost from their '03 and '04 State Title teams.

Conway - The Wampus Cats are a staple of the playoffs and will not disappoint a third year.

Cabot, Pine Bluff, Bryant and Catholic - These 4 will be nearly equal, but unfortunately one has to win more than the other.

old timer

RDFT, correct me if Im wrong but as I recall Russellville lost like 19 starters.  How can they reload all of that especially replacing Cranor and Kitchens?

HSFBF

Quote from: RDFT on February 21, 2006, 10:46:47 pm
I don't follow the Central nearly as closely as I do the West, but here's mine anyway:

Russellville
North Little Rock
LR Central
Conway
Cabot
Pine Bluff
Bryant
LR Catholic

I agree with most of the pecking order but think Russellville will be just below NLR, Conway and maybe Central.  Cabot may be on the rise but will find the new 7A Central tougher than the old 5A East with addition of Russellville and maybe surprising PB...
NLR has to play 2 tough preconference games and will probably lose AT Texarkana who will be out for blood after last season's fold late. Good running back and good receivers help but need stability elsewhere and senior leadership not there last year.
Russellville loses a lot of players but tested from West competition.
Conway loaded with some good seniors here and upcoming juniors. I think we will surprise and have a good favorable home schedule. We can stop the run for sure.
Central reloading after "average" year for them. Good sophomores coming in to play and a good Junior class of linemen.
Cabot - Malham will have them cooking this year and under pressure to win, but going to the tough 7A Central will be a shock I think..
Bryant, Catholic and PB will win some from the upper crust of teams but not enough to get in playoffs.
Will be interesting year for sure. Lot still depends on key transfers and injuries and molding the players into a team. All teams have one or two players more interested in personal stats and ego things when what counts in years to come are the TEAM memories. Here in Conway I understand some parents got into the "my son should be playing more" theme and it hurt early on. Parents need to stay out of it and let coaches coach and call the plays. Parents are "flashes in the pan" for 2-3 years and then GONE. That is why coaches go by "what got 'em there" and not parent input jerking you in 6different directions. Pine Bluff always has that problem I hear and last year so did Cabot.  Winning cures a LOT of ills.. LOL

old timer

NLR did lack leadership the previous 2 seasons.  Leadership and stability will be there in 2007. 

old timer

Who is the other tough nonconference game for NLR?  Fair or Sylvan Hills.  NLR will beat Texarkana.

7AFball

Quote from: old timer on February 22, 2006, 05:21:28 pm
Who is the other tough nonconference game for NLR? Fair or Sylvan Hills. NLR will beat Texarkana.

7AFball

Sorry for mistake below. Gotta run to class.
First: Hope it is this year 2006 and not wait til 2007 for senior leadership ...
Second: IF NLR were to beat Texarkana they will be doing a lot better than people predict and could be in top 2 with us. The other possible tough game for them would by Sylvan Hills, and although they are 6A now, NLR DID lose to a 4A Fair last year if I remember correctly in the 2nd or 3rd game. Such a fluke if I remember with total collapse in last minute of the game.. And NLR plays them again this year but at NLR this time. I predict NLR at 6-4 this year and us at 9-1 at worst... LOL
gotta run .......

old timer

old timer

Now that U guys have a passing game, where will you compete for summer 7 on 7?

69RFan

Speaking of tough non conference games Russellville has 3 pretty tough ones A talented Morrillton A always good Fayetville and a Bentonville team who is pretty solid

69RFan

Current poll order is as follows

Russellville
NLR
Catholic
Central
Conway
Bryant
Cabot
Pine Bluff

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: 69RFan on February 23, 2006, 01:44:06 pm
Speaking of tough non conference games Russellville has 3 pretty tough ones A talented Morrillton A always good Fayetville and a Bentonville team who is pretty solid
Where will be the Fayetteville and Bentonville games be played?

fbhound

I pretty much follow central and north Arkansas football, too far from the western schools to really know of their talent but read the ADG central edition and watch channel 4, 7 and 11 nightly..
My choice for 7A Central is Central, Conway, Russellville and NLR. WAY TOO FAR ahead to make prediction since too many things can happen in next 6 months.. Enjoy reading the comments on all football classification boards.

5Aplayer1

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on February 23, 2006, 05:22:47 pm
Quote from: 69RFan on February 23, 2006, 01:44:06 pm
Where will be the Fayetteville and Bentonville games be played?
Fayetteville here, and Bentonville there.

SouthpawSensation

Gotcha. Thanks for the info!

rhs_07

Quote from: old timer on February 22, 2006, 12:17:14 pm
RDFT, correct me if Im wrong but as I recall Russellville lost like 19 starters. How can they reload all of that especially replacing Cranor and Kitchens?

you are right but we have some talent that just needs a little grooming and we should be okay. looking into the future, not this season but the next be watching for Marcus Kitchens, matt's brother. I dont know how much of an impact he will make as a sophomore but as a junior and senior he has some potential.

wampuscatsister02

The biggest problem Conway will have is the fact that they are losing almost every single person that played in the games.  Most of Conway's offense and defense last year were seniors.  The problem for them will be inexperience, but it could work into their favor if they work on that correctly. 
I do disagree with HSFBF about the parent thing in Conway.  Parents pull a lot of string in Conway with Coach Smith if they can play it the right way.  Now, in some cases, the coaches realize that they can't not start a player because they are so incredibly good, but in most cases if you have two players that are maybe 10% apart and the lower one happens to be the son of coach smith, the lower one will play.  I've seen that happen in all the years I attended CHS as well as the years my brother attended.  That's always been my problem with CHS.  I also think that if Coach Smith is retiring within the next year or so, then he may let Coach Schwartz or one of the other coaches in the running for CHS head coach call more plays and be more involved in what Conway does and I think that will help.  I do believe that if Conway can resolve their inexperience issue and work on Cooper's accuracy (lower his interceptions), then they will be a very unstoppable team...
I think Kenny will try and go out strong his last year/couple of years, so that might spark some motivation.

69RFan

Finally I didnt know if i would ever get a pine bluff vote on this poll good for you pb

marian

Matt was an outstanding athlete and his brother is good but i dont think he will make much of an impact like his brother did. Marcus will probly do good through his career but i think it will be hard for him his junior year because of the junior this year most of them will be gettin a lot of playing time and he wont be as expierenced as them.

voiceofthepanthers

I too think it is too early for a prediction, but I will enjoy our new conference, it should be very interesting. RHS, thanks for bringing up the nightmare, I still wake up in cold sweats seeing Nathan Brown throwing the ball. Glad to see he has done good things at UCA, I am pulling for him.

key_stone12

Russelville will shock everyone with their offense...

69RFan

We definately bring different things to the table

key_stone12

teams in the central don't have the offense mindset that the west does... it's why they won 6 out of the last ten.. soon to be 7 out of 11

SandLizard04

March 08, 2006, 04:11:04 pm #36 Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 04:14:39 pm by Ramblin' Man
Russellville does indeed lose a ton of seniors from last year, but the talent is still there for them to do well. Not saying they will win the conference or anything like that, because they will be so unproven no one knows how that talent will gel together, but they could do good things.

Everyone was like, how can they replace Landon Leach? Well, Nathan Brown broke most of Landon's single-season records and was the Gulf South Conference Freshman of the Year last year at UCA. Then it was, how can they replace Nate Brown? Well, Eli Cranor came in and was arguably one of the state's 3 best QBs the past two years, and signed with a Division I school.

Not saying Humphries or Beard or Keaton or whoever the QB is will follow those shoes, but Holt has proven time and time again to be an outstanding developer of quarterbacks.

Some names to note:
-Brandon Keaton is one of the state's best athletes, and he will be an impact player no matter what position he's at on the field.
-Derek Owens was one of the state's best sophomores this year, and should continue to terrorize defenses over the next two seasons.
-Jerome Thompson, though undersized, will be one of the better linebackers in the state next year, and brings some experience to the defense.
-The lines will be very inexperienced (a combined 2 returning starters on both sides of the ball), but players with experience like Clint Simpson, Matt Adcock, and Jeremy Brogden should provide to be capable leaders up front.
-A lot of sophomores will probably need to step up, especially on the lines and maybe in the backfield. If they get acclimated well, they could provide a solid foundation for the future.

69RFan

rhs_07

Also Brent Cook and Jacob Dilworth on the DL...both are big ol boys and both have substantial playing time. Jerome Thompson IS undersized but he WILL lay a hit on you if you underestimate him. Look for Adcock to maybe play some Dline as well. He got good experience last year and is explosive off the ball.

nlrfootball08

NLR got some pretty big linemen for next year..watch out Catholic  we're comin for u!!!!!...last yers second string QB, maurice, is a much better choice for QB than Chea..Texarkana will be no match for us next year watch out war memorial here we come in 07!

7AFball

Is NLR's Peterson going to be QB again or is he moving to receiver? Has good hands I hear and can cut well.
They have two tall receivers, one a transfer from Hall. The other tall guy is also a QB.. Maybe they will do 7 on 7 this year and settle the issue...

old timer

Maurice will be taking over at QB for NLR.   

old timer

Quote from: 7A on March 15, 2006, 06:19:19 pm
Is NLR's Peterson going to be QB again or is he moving to receiver? Has good hands I hear and can cut well.
They have two tall receivers, one a transfer from Hall. The other tall guy is also a QB.. Maybe they will do 7 on 7 this year and settle the issue...

Moncrief is from Hall and Dokes is the tall reciever 6'6".  Neither can play QB.  Moncrief moved over to play with Peterman.

HSFBF

Quote from: old timer on March 15, 2006, 11:26:22 pm

Moncrief is from Hall and Dokes is the tall reciever 6'6". Neither can play QB. Moncrief moved over to play with Peterman.
If Peteman does move away from QB then Moncrief transferring to play with him will be a "downer" for him? You mentioned another QB taking over. Does that settle well with Moncrief? Maybe he just wants to play on same team as Peterman? I do not know the new QB you mention. Was he there last year or just a 9th grader?

old timer

Maurice Phillips has been chea's backup since chea moved to NLR in 9th grade.  Good athlete that needs to play somewhere, but it probably wont be at QB.  He will be the backup again this season and is better than most starters.  Not quite as athletic as Peterman and not near the runner.   I am sure that Brett and Chea are excited about playing together.

HSFBF

Quote from: old timer on March 15, 2006, 11:24:29 pm
THEN yesterday from you:
Maurice Phillips has been chea's backup since chea moved to NLR in 9th grade.  .  He will be the backup again this season and is better than most starters. 
I guess I am confused. At first Maurice will be taking over at QB at NLR then "he will be backup again this season".. Which is it?  Are you an assistant coach there and maybe you are unsure at this point where to put Peterson? Seems like you have an "in" into what's going on there.. LOL
I still think Conway will come up with a good QB too and surprise a few people. I mainly follow them but like NLR and Russellville too. Nice season shaping up for sure for 2006!

Tony the Tiger

Quote from: wampuscatsister02 on February 24, 2006, 10:54:22 pm
The biggest problem Conway will have is the fact that they are losing almost every single person that played in the games. Most of Conway's offense and defense last year were seniors. The problem for them will be inexperience, but it could work into their favor if they work on that correctly.
I do disagree with HSFBF about the parent thing in Conway. Parents pull a lot of string in Conway with Coach Smith if they can play it the right way. Now, in some cases, the coaches realize that they can't not start a player because they are so incredibly good, but in most cases if you have two players that are maybe 10% apart and the lower one happens to be the son of coach smith, the lower one will play. I've seen that happen in all the years I attended CHS as well as the years my brother attended. That's always been my problem with CHS. I also think that if Coach Smith is retiring within the next year or so, then he may let Coach Schwartz or one of the other coaches in the running for CHS head coach call more plays and be more involved in what Conway does and I think that will help. I do believe that if Conway can resolve their inexperience issue and work on Cooper's accuracy (lower his interceptions), then they will be a very unstoppable team...
I think Kenny will try and go out strong his last year/couple of years, so that might spark some motivation.
Welcome to life, honey. This is pretty much the way all things work. All people are involved in politics wether they realize it or not.

wampuscatblue

Conway is returning a few starters---it's not like the cupboard is bare.

Offense:

QB Casey Cooper
FB Jakob Baker
WB Magic Jackson (might go in the backfield)
WR Luke Pruett
WR Lance Amos
WR Mitch Ferrell

OL:
Jaret Hogan started a couple of games last year at tackle, and he returns.

Defense:
Line: Scott Tierney -- Grant Blaylock (started a couple of games)
LB: Benton Conque & Blake Blaylock (Amos might play some)
DB: John jolly, Jermal Whitworth, Ferrell, & pruett (ferrel and pruett were part time starters last year)

A couple of Guys to watch next fall will be Josh Lewis (LB) and Anthony maltba (DT). Lewis is an animal in the weight room, and starred last year on the JV team.  Maltba is big (275 lbs) and can run.

I predict the cats will be in the hunt. 

old timer

It was meant as a joke for earlier poster!   Sorry for the confusion

old timer

Quote from: HSFBF on March 17, 2006, 08:45:17 am
THEN yesterday from you:
Maurice Phillips has been chea's backup since chea moved to NLR in 9th grade. . He will be the backup again this season and is better than most starters.
I guess I am confused. At first Maurice will be taking over at QB at NLR then "he will be backup again this season".. Which is it? Are you an assistant coach there and maybe you are unsure at this point where to put Peterson? Seems like you have an "in" into what's going on there.. LOL
I still think Conway will come up with a good QB too and surprise a few people. I mainly follow them but like NLR and Russellville too. Nice season shaping up for sure for 2006!

Nope, just like to keep up with the kids.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas