• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 Arkansas Razorback Baseball Thread

Started by Chosen 1, February 16, 2010, 07:09:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Quite Frankly

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on May 14, 2010, 10:01:32 pm
Quote from: QF© on May 14, 2010, 09:47:15 pm<br />They are in the 12th, still tied.<br />
whats the score? whos pitching for the hogs?

5-5  Baxendale is in.  Now in the 14th.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: QF© on May 14, 2010, 10:09:45 pm<br />
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on May 14, 2010, 10:07:26 pm<br />sounds like im missin a good one.<br />
<br />No doubt.<br />

aren't we all.

whats the score now? ;D

Quite Frankly

Too bad you had to have help from a lurker.

Fish.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: QF© on May 14, 2010, 10:17:26 pm<br />Too bad you had to have help from a lurker.<br /><br />Fish.<br />

do what?

bulldogs1159

Last night was just more proof that we cant hit a curve ball to save our life. Lets hope all we see in the NCAAT is fireballs.

bleudog

May 15, 2010, 11:15:06 am #407 Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 10:38:26 pm by bleudog
Here ya go pick:  CLICK HERE

Sometimes it can be hard to tell the fish from the fisherman. ;)

RHS

We went from possibly a 2nd seed in the SEC tourney to a 6th if it started today.

rsvl_hogfan4

I love all these people freaking out right now. Do they not remember last year? Assuming we don't face any SEC teams until Omaha, I think the SEC is tougher than Regionals and Super Regionals.

Quite Frankly

They don't bother me.  Let them live with their self-inflected suffering.

RHS

Jeff or QF, you think LSU will get to host a regional? I've seen some people suggest that the NCAA will show favor towards them but I just don't see it. You'll have probably 5, maybe 6, teams with better records than they will and would host first, Box or no Box.

RD™

Quote from: RHS on May 16, 2010, 08:45:50 pm
Jeff or QF, you think LSU will get to host a regional? I've seen some people suggest that the NCAA will show favor towards them but I just don't see it. You'll have probably 5, maybe 6, teams with better records than they will and would host first, Box or no Box.
The NCAA loves that money

Quite Frankly

I think we are a virtual shoo-in to host.  That being said, it definitely depends on how it goes from here at Vandy and in the conference tournament.

I think as little as 1-2 at Vandy and 2 wins at the SEC will do it.

RHS

Quote from: Rebel Dog™ on May 16, 2010, 08:52:16 pm

Wonder if they would do like they did with us and OSU the one year, where it was held at Baum but we were the #2 seed and OSU the 1. While they love the money though, SEC would have 4 or 5 better host sites with teams that have better records than LSU would.

bulldogs1159

I honestly think there is like 3% chance they host.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: RHS on May 16, 2010, 09:00:25 pm
Quote from: Rebel Dog™ on May 16, 2010, 08:52:16 pm

Wonder if they would do like they did with us and OSU the one year, where it was held at Baum but we were the #2 seed and OSU the 1. While they love the money though, SEC would have 4 or 5 better host sites with teams that have better records than LSU would.
I think we will be the 1 seed unless we lose the series to Vandy and do bad in the SECT. Beat OU and win the Vandy series, then make a run in the SECT and we could play back into a top 8 national seed. As RD said, the NCAA love money, and we will draw in a lot of money.

RD™

I think we host a Regional, but I think we screwed our selves out of a Super, unless we get super hot and win the rest of the games leading up to the NCAA Tournament Regionals.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: Rebel Dog™ on May 16, 2010, 10:12:29 pm
I think we host a Regional, but I think we screwed our selves out of a Super, unless we get super hot and win the rest of the games leading up to the NCAA Tournament Regionals.
That does not have to happen to host a SR...

We are 9th in the RPI. If we beat OU(rpi of 25) and win the series @ Vandy(rpi of 13) our RPI will probably be back around 6th. Our rank would inevitably go up a few spots more than likely. Depending on what happens in the SEC this week we could finish around 2nd or 3rd overall, I believe. Go 2-2 or 3-2 in the SECT and our RPI will still likely be in the top 8 with a pretty solid overall ranking. I don't think we host a SR, but it won't be nearly as difficult to achieve as you think. Given our SOS, RPI, ball park, and fan base, we would have a good shot if our RPI remains in the top 10 and we can boost our overall rank back in the top 12 or so. Last year TCU hosted a regional and barely had anyone turn out. Opposing teams had more fans than TCU. Here, we will have to turn people away.

DevilDog4

As long as they get hot at the end of the season its possible, Look at last year who knows what can happen. and yes the sec is a different level of play i think.

Quite Frankly

An update a little bit on the hosting thing.  The UA Ticket office is expecting to host.  They are preselling tickets and have sold a bunch.

Chief_Osceola™

I figure even after last weekend Arkansas is a lock to host a regional.  I don't think they'll get a national seed unless they win the SECT and hope USCe or UF doesn't have a good showing.  There are too many other teams that are hot right now, and even though the SEC is probably the toughest conference top to bottom, I don't see the selection committee giving them 3 national seeds.

Quite Frankly

FYI, Hogs series at Vandy is Thur-Sat.  The rain we saw has made it to there and created a delay for tonight.

It appears they will get the game started at 8:30.

Quite Frankly

May 20, 2010, 09:07:08 pm #423 Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 09:18:08 pm by QF©
Hogs score twice in the 2nd to tie it 2-2.  Still batting.

Make it 3-2 Hogs going to the bot of the 2nd.

bleudog

RD™

Team freaking sucks.

Todd Butler sucks.

Van Horn sucks in May.

Yes I am ticked.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: Rebel Dog™ on May 20, 2010, 11:40:12 pm
Team freaking sucks.

Todd Butler sucks.

Van Horn sucks in May.

Yes I am ticked.
Wasn't everyone saying that last year, too? Wait until the entire season is over. Players don't always carry their slumps over into the post season knowing nothing in the past matters. We tanked the season last year, got in the post season and rolled over everyone. We just have to get Cox healthy.

RD™

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on May 20, 2010, 11:47:15 pm
Quote from: Rebel Dog™ on May 20, 2010, 11:40:12 pm
Team freaking sucks.

Todd Butler sucks.

Van Horn sucks in May.

Yes I am ticked.
Wasn't everyone saying that last year, too? Wait until the entire season is over. Players don't always carry their slumps over into the post season knowing nothing in the past matters. We tanked the season last year, got in the post season and rolled over everyone. We just have to get Cox healthy.
I don't care about the post-season. I care about this team sucking hind-tit in the Month of May it starts and ends with Todd flippin Butler. We couldn't even lay a bunt down? Really? Todd?

Van Horn is losing my respect if he doesn't fire Butler and move on. Van Horn teams suck it up in May and then get hot in June. That's great, but we are tanking so bad right now, we can forget about even hosting.

hillbilly

Always blame it on the coach. That's gotta be it, Todd Butler has no knowledge of hitting. If we had someone that just knew something about hitting, we would be on fire right now. Todd Butler can't go up there and do it for them, and it's not his fault Carver didn't have the balls to get a bunt down in crunch time.

Coach Venny Slocombe

It does kinda make you wonder why we tank in the latter part of the season. We did rebound last year but you can't expect to do that every year. I hope we will be alright but hosting doesn't look so good right now...............

jbell96

I am ticked off about last night as well, but if we win the next two we'll host. Butler must be fired. I'm tired of seeing everyone chase breaking balls in the dirt.

Quite Frankly

Hitting is definitely fickle by nature.  But when you can see repetitive errors over time it gives credence to the fact that we're being seen as predictable by our opponents.

That of course is not a good thing.

RHS

Last nights game plus the series goes to show you that defense and goot pitching will beat hitting every time. Not that it matters really since we're not exactly tearing the cover off the ball right now, but SC and VU both had pretty darn good pitching and timely hitting.

Losing sucks, but it's not like we're getting blown out. And if we suck in May but win in June, what in the world do I care about May then? We won last year when it mattered and advanced to one of the last 4 that were standing.

bulldogs1159

If you ever want to win many SEC titles you have to win in May.

jbell96

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on May 21, 2010, 05:06:03 pm
If you ever want to win many SEC titles you have to win in May.

At least we didn't pull a Kentucky and lose to Georgia.

Quite Frankly

Hogs up 4-1 in the 8th with a runner on.

rsvl_hogfan4

Vandy's only run is from an error. Need to take tomorrow to keep our chances of hosting alive.

rsvl_hogfan4

And I jinx us. 2 solo shots in bottom of the 9th. 4-3 2 outs

Quite Frankly

Bolsinger was great.  Eibner, not so much.

But, Hogs win 4-3.  It appears we'll play Auburn next week in our SEC Tournament opener.  Or so I heard.

hillbilly

Quote from: QF© on May 21, 2010, 08:29:42 pm
It appears we'll play Auburn next week in our SEC Tournament opener.  Or so I heard.
Not even close. Auburn is going to win the west, so they will be the 2 seed. Arkansas is going to be the 4 or 5, depending on the outcome of the game tomorrow. If we win, we are the 4 and Vandy is the 5. If we lose, Vandy is the 4 and we are the 5. We will be playing Vandy in the first round of the SEC Tournament.

Quite Frankly

That's what I get for trusting a poster on HV.  I was careful to qualify it. ;)

rsvl_hogfan4

May 22, 2010, 12:40:52 am #441 Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 12:44:53 am by rsvl_hogfan4
Quote from: QF© on May 21, 2010, 08:43:09 pm
That's what I get for trusting a poster on HV.  I was careful to qualify it. ;)
That was Vandybuff. The "we" was meaning Vandy, but he was wrong too.

jbell96

I know this is the Hog baseball thread, but what happened to Kentucky? They sweep LSU & then turn around and lose the first two to Georgia, including a 22-0 loss yesterday. Guess they don't want an NCAA or SEC tourney berth.

We play Vandy in the first round no matter what happens today, but a win all but locks up a host for a regional.

rsvl_hogfan4

RD™

I swear to God, Jorn can suck a frog. Forrest was doing just fine.

War Eagle

So I haven't watched any of Auburn's baseball games and saw last night that Auburn has won the west.  Auburn has been terrible in baseball for quite some time and I was wondering why they are doing so well all of the sudden?  Are they suddenly filled with talent or is this just a hot streak?  Did they find themselves a good manager all of the sudden or something?

jbell96

Quote from: War Eagle on May 22, 2010, 06:45:52 pm
So I haven't watched any of Auburn's baseball games and saw last night that Auburn has won the west.  Auburn has been terrible in baseball for quite some time and I was wondering why they are doing so well all of the sudden?  Are they suddenly filled with talent or is this just a hot streak?  Did they find themselves a good manager all of the sudden or something?

They have a good coach from what I can tell. They play gorilla ball & they are very good at it. They earned the Western Division title.

I really hope we beat Vandy in the 1st round. I want to play those cheating pieces of crap from Jortville, aka Gainesville, in the 2nd round.

RHS

They (AU) lead the SEC in dingers but they aso lead in BA as well. They just know how to hit the ball.

RHS

Saw the stat during yesterday's UA-VU game that Auburn was hitting as a team at a .354 clip. LSU was second (.319) followed by Ole Miss (.315) and Arkansas (.312). Just insanity.

Also, AU had 113 HR's while UK was second with 81.

hillbilly

We are hitting over .300 as a team? Fire Todd Butler imo. He's terrible. /end sarcasm

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas