• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Conway Boys Job

Started by Brian G, March 17, 2014, 04:48:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

Brian G

OlGuyWicker

Bates has always been a class act!

Rulesman

PressBox-81

Truly one of the good guys.

He will surely be missed.

ricepig

Brian G

Should be interesting.  They have recently one and tend to have talent.  They have a good facility, enough support to run a yearly tournament and one of the larger one school districts.

Will they require HC experience or will they take a top assistant from a large school or even internal?

ricepig

Quote from: B.G. on March 17, 2014, 09:17:49 pm
Should be interesting.  They have recently one and tend to have talent.  They have a good facility, enough support to run a yearly tournament and one of the larger one school districts.

Will they require HC experience or will they take a top assistant from a large school or even internal?

I would think the interest would be high, I suspect there will several HC's interested, lots of potential in the past at Conway.

Brian G

I hear you.  This kind of job can even generate out of state interest.  I wonder if they have any alumni out there in the profession.

FHS has played a lot of games there in recent years.  2 state tournaments, home/home and then participated 3-4 times in their Dec tournament.

Brian G

PressBox-81

Still no news on any canidates.

HOGDOG

Surely there are some names floating around about this job by now. Is it even posted?

Brian G

HOGDOG

Well??????

Dont leave us hanging!!!!

farfromgroovins

Quote from: B.G. on April 01, 2014, 10:07:13 pm
Wild rumor today.

In state?
Several championships at a few levels?

CathywithaC

Quote from: HOGDOG on April 02, 2014, 08:00:33 am
Well??????

Dont leave us hanging!!!!
It's not Jimmy Dykes or B. G.

HOGDOG

I figured they would make a call to the Northeast part of the state

Brian G

The rumor has to do with a "hog connection".  Right now, I can't even confirm it's a rumor so I'll sit still a bit.

Really has been quiet on this.

ricepig

Quote from: HOGDOG on April 02, 2014, 01:52:55 pm
I figured they would make a call to the Northeast part of the state

I'm hoping they get a busy signal.

HOGDOG

I'm sure you are ricepig!!!

godeep

Rice don't see him leaving MP for a final ride together.

ricepig

Quote from: godeep on April 03, 2014, 03:07:17 pm
Rice don't see him leaving MP for a final ride together.

I don't either, but you never know.

HOGDOG

If I were an AD, I would sure make that my first call and give it a shot.

Brian G

Strike that rumor I heard.  Glad I didn't push it.

godeep

Ricepig my understanding they were checking interest 80 miles south of "The Man". Eastern part of state has some very solid coaches for sure. Still think they will stay in house.

Brian G

I heard a LR coach and the Pottsville coach.  One more I can't recall.

For some they might not be interested.  They are requiring the new coach to teach 4 periods. 

ricepig

Quote from: B.G. on April 07, 2014, 05:51:10 pm
I heard a LR coach and the Pottsville coach.  One more I can't recall.

For some they might not be interested.  They are requiring the new coach to teach 4 periods.

Yeah, I can see where that isn't a real draw.

Eagle20

Especially since the football coach and his top coordinator teach nothing.

Nip/Tusk

Who was the hog connection you heard BG?

gojackets14

Heard Tony Davis applied.

Blindsided

DerekOxford

Cabotred

If I was Wes Swift and wanted to stay at Jboro  I would apply and make sure someone knew about interest in job.  I bet Jboro would up the ante to keep him. His body of work speaks for itself and he should use that to his advantage.

Our superintendent interviewed at Fayetteville, I am sure it is quality job and he owed it to himself to see if he could better himself and family. I know Cabot would hate to lose him and would try to intice him to stay. Sometimes interviewing get one raises or other perks with current employer. Of course if you have not been performing satisfactorily it could hasten your departure.

ricepig

Quote from: Cabotred on April 14, 2014, 06:18:27 pm
If I was Wes Swift and wanted to stay at Jboro  I would apply and make sure someone knew about interest in job.  I bet Jboro would up the ante to keep him. His body of work speaks for itself and he should use that to his advantage.

Our superintendent interviewed at Fayetteville, I am sure it is quality job and he owed it to himself to see if he could better himself and family. I know Cabot would hate to lose him and would try to intice him to stay. Sometimes interviewing get one raises or other perks with current employer. Of course if you have not been performing satisfactorily it could hasten your departure.

I don't think Wes has to apply to any job in order to get anyone's attention at Jonesboro, they know what they've got.

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: ricepig on April 14, 2014, 07:08:32 pm
Quote from: Cabotred on April 14, 2014, 06:18:27 pm

I don't think Wes has to apply to any job in order to get anyone's attention at Jonesboro, they know what they've got.

Wild horses couldn't drag me away from Jonesboro.

First of all, look what he's built. His program speaks for itself. I suppose there would be some appeal in potentially winning a 7A title, but is 7A even better than 6A from 1-16?

I'll take Jonesboro, Parkview and Hall against North Little Rock, Springdale and Bentonville any day.

Winning 6A this season was just a small amount more impressive than winning 7A IMHO.

w ballers

So did wes Swift appiled at conway

farfromgroovins

I would think he would have a hard time leaving what he has at JBoro but you never know..........

From the interview when he first took the job.
Q: Who has had the biggest impact on your coaching career?
http://www.kait8.com/story/10402629/region-8-sports-web-exclusive-interview-with-wes-swift

ricepig

Quote from: w ballers on April 15, 2014, 08:52:14 am
So did wes Swift appiled at conway

I think the proper question would be, did Conway approach Swift, and what was his response?

w ballers

Swift Would be a good  fit for Conway would love to see him in 7A

ricepig

Quote from: w ballers on April 15, 2014, 09:37:20 am
Swift Would be a good  fit for Conway would love to see him in 7A

He's already coaching in the best classification, no need to move, haha.

Brian G

April 15, 2014, 07:50:42 pm #40 Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 09:22:40 pm by B.G.
A familiar name to Conway folk has entered the fray.  (edit)

wcfan

April 15, 2014, 09:10:53 pm #41 Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 09:15:52 pm by wcfan
Will Johnson is the new head coach according to the Creative Sports Network's twitter account.

Brian G

Brian G

I will admit that I'm surprised.

ricepig

I guess he could teach the 4 classes.

Brian G

Mr. Beautiful

Wow, I'm surprised. Sounds like he won a lot on the JH level but that is a big step up. I bet coach Johnson is a great guy and coach but when names like Wes Swift are thrown out the in house jh coach seems like a bit of a let down IMHO.

CathywithaC

did you ever hear from Wes Swift or anyone in the selection process at Conway that he was actually interested??  My guess is probably not.  Just pie in the sky on this board. 

OlGuyWicker

Johnson is sharp.  He will do a good job. 

ricepig

Quote from: CathywithaC on April 15, 2014, 10:48:59 pm
did you ever hear from Wes Swift or anyone in the selection process at Conway that he was actually interested??  My guess is probably not.  Just pie in the sky on this board.

Pie in the sky, he already lives in a town of 70,000 with traffic problems, why move to another? Besides, he has a lot of talent returning.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas