• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking ahead

Started by Cabotred, February 04, 2014, 01:28:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cabotred

If season was to end now this is what state tourn bracket would look like.   Do you think there will be any surprises for second half of season.  I realize there is a lot of ball left to be played and high school boys are know for being inconsistent but the bracket will most likely look similar to what is below.

1C NLR
4W VB
5C  W Memphis

2W S-dale
3C Cabot
6W Har-ber

1W B-ville
4C Conway
5W F-ville

2C FSNS
3W Bryant
6C Catholic

Razorback Red

A lot can change and possibly will, but a final 4 of NLR, Sdale, Bville and NS would be fun to watch. 

I would think NLR will be a heavy favorite to win it all. 

Cabotred

February 04, 2014, 05:39:04 pm #2 Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 05:42:21 pm by Cabotred
Anyone have any scoop on FSNS?  They seem to be playing fairly well, and I haven't heard anything about them.  How have they won their games, standout players, etc.  Are they as good as their record. Only conference loss to Parkview and Rville. I was surprised when they beat Hall.

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: Cabotred on February 04, 2014, 01:28:58 pm
If season was to end now this is what state tourn bracket would look like.   Do you think there will be any surprises for second half of season.  I realize there is a lot of ball left to be played and high school boys are know for being inconsistent but the bracket will most likely look similar to what is below.

1C NLR
4W VB
5C  W Memphis

2W S-dale
3C Cabot
6W Har-ber

1W B-ville
4C Conway
5W F-ville

2C FSNS
3W Bryant
6C Catholic

Actually, you need to switch Har-Ber and Fayetteville around. Har-Ber has the head-to-head advantage over Fayetteville at the moment.

Cabotred

Good catch. Har-ber is the 5 seed F-vill a 6.

MarionBlueDevil

Hard to believe that for all of West Memphis' struggles this year, they'd still be in the dance if the season ended today.

I still think that they're going to go on a run in the second half of the year and finish about 6-8 or even 7-7 in league play.

urban legend2

Quote from: Cabotred on February 04, 2014, 05:39:04 pm
Anyone have any scoop on FSNS?  They seem to be playing fairly well, and I haven't heard anything about them.  How have they won their games, standout players, etc.  Are they as good as their record. Only conference loss to Parkview and Rville. I was surprised when they beat Hall.

Northside is about as athletic as it gets at every position. Not too big, not to small, but they've got length on the wings and like to get up and down the floor. Outside shooting was probably their biggest flaw from the two games that I've seen of them (the Jonesboro and Hall game). But they get after you and play hard. They're probably my sleeper in 7A and have a pretty good chance to get to the title game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas