• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Northside vs. Greenwood Girls

Started by SNWA, January 20, 2014, 02:04:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SNWA

#1 vs #2 tomorrow night at Northside. 7As best vs 6As best. Should be a great game. Hope both teams are on so we can see a slugfest.

DogsWin7

Quote from: SNWA on January 20, 2014, 02:04:15 pm
#1 vs #2 tomorrow night at Northside. 7As best vs 6As best. Should be a great game. Hope both teams are on so we can see a slugfest.
with Greenwood with the Win :)

TheMercenary

Slugfest might be the best way to describe it!  Greenwood better make some 3s because the paint will belong to NS....

The Lady Bear's looked MAD vs Conway and just plain whipped their tails. (I think there was some pre-game mouthing from the visiting team) If Northside gets that same attitude tonight- it may not be close.

SNWA

Don't think that there will be much mouthing from the Greenwood girls. That's just not their game plus they have a strong respect for the lady Grizz. I also could be wrong but I don't believe that NS will own the paint. The bulldogs have not been shooting the 3 real well but have dominated inside the past few weeks. Will be shocked if the mad lady Grizzlies blow GW out.

TheMercenary

Quote from: SNWA on January 21, 2014, 11:13:52 am
Don't think that there will be much mouthing from the Greenwood girls. That's just not their game plus they have a strong respect for the lady Grizz. I also could be wrong but I don't believe that NS will own the paint. The bulldogs have not been shooting the 3 real well but have dominated inside the past few weeks. Will be shocked if the mad lady Grizzlies blow GW out.

Didn't mean to imply there would be any trash talking.....GW girls are a Class Act-

The fact that these girls know each other so well is the only thing that I think will motivate the NS team to play "mad".......fierce might be a better term.

Good luck!

sevenof400

SNWA

Great Game...Ns Wins By 5. Refs Played Huge Part In This One.  Gave Gw Coach Back To Back Ts InA 4 Point Game Then CaLled Bogus Intensional Foul All In 4 Th Qtr. Shame That The Biggest Game In History Of These Two Teams Was Decided By Those 3.  Good Luck Ns Girls. Shame On The 3 In Stripes.

TheMercenary

I agree 100%

Don't know about the first T, but the rest were B.S. Ruined a great game- and my team won.

7AFBFAN

Quote from: SNWA on January 21, 2014, 07:56:03 pm
Great Game...Ns Wins By 5. Refs Played Huge Part In This One.  Gave Gw Coach Back To Back Ts InA 4 Point Game Then CaLled Bogus Intensional Foul All In 4 Th Qtr. Shame That The Biggest Game In History Of These Two Teams Was Decided By Those 3.  Good Luck Ns Girls. Shame On The 3 In Stripes.

I listened to the last 2 1/2 minutes. During that time 2 of the Northside girls fouled out, one was given a technical, one was given an intentional foul, and several walking violations on Northside. Bizarre stuff to have all that happen to one team on such a short period of time.

SNWA

You ThinkThE Refs Realized They ScrEwed Up. The Ns Girl Got Td Because She Yelled At The Ref On Her 5Th Foul. The Intintional Foul Was On Gw. Yes Gw Forced Several Turnovers. Gw Had WentToA Press An That Unraveled Ns A Bit. That Was A Comeback. If You Were Not There, Which You Clearly Were Not, Then Save Your Judgement. Ricky Could Not Believe It And Was Upset Also. Clearly Best 2 Teams In State. #1 Still Questionable.

7AFBFAN

The intentional foul I heard was on Northside. GW had 4 foul shots in a row and the ball. How many girls from GW fouled out? The team that is undefeated against Arkansas competition is number 1. The team with 3 losses is not.

Cameron Crazies

January 22, 2014, 08:41:27 am #11 Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 09:02:16 am by Cameron Crazies
Quote from: 7AFBFAN on January 22, 2014, 08:16:21 am
The intentional foul I heard was on Northside. GW had 4 foul shots in a row and the ball. How many girls from GW fouled out? The team that is undefeated against Arkansas competition is number 1. The team with 3 losses is not.

ALL I have to say about it is "until" Greenwood beats NLB there is ABSOLUTELY no doubt who is #1! FYI after Reeves got the 2nd Technical Greenwood got EVERY call! He most certainly deserved the first one but the 2nd was bogus! NLB didn't play well and came away with the win but congrats to Greenwood playing them close! NLB 2 best players set with 4 fouls apiece or wouldn't have been that close. NLB is taking everyones best shot and in back to back games playing #2 in state and I am sure they were flat after playing there real test in Conway, but again congrats on the close loss. Mayb they will put a new column for the Greenwood people that says close losses outside the wins an loss columns.

TheMercenary

The intentional foul was a good call- double forearm in the back of the girl dribbling the ball.

EVERY call after that, going both ways was bogus, complete change in the way the first 3/4 were called.

Otherwise, great game. GW girls came out for the 4th and switched from the zone to full court M2M.  I think the NS girls forgot they were the pressure team for a bit.  Almost made for a great comeback......then all the Technical BS started.

7AFBFAN

Quote from: TheMercenary on January 22, 2014, 08:48:37 am
The intentional foul was a good call- double forearm in the back of the girl dribbling the ball.

EVERY call after that, going both ways was bogus, complete change in the way the first 3/4 were called.

Otherwise, great game. GW girls came out for the 4th and switched from the zone to full court M2M.  I think the NS girls forgot they were the pressure team for a bit.  Almost made for a great comeback......then all the Technical BS started.

So Mercenary, who do you think is the better team? Did GW really get cheated like their announcer was implying?

TheMercenary

January 22, 2014, 09:01:49 am #14 Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 09:44:03 am by TheMercenary
I've seen Northside play about 10 of their games, and I've seen GW three times- one of these vs. Fayetteville.  I'd say Northside is a better team but not by much.  I don't think GW played their best game last night either.

I don't think GW has the depth to play a full game M2M full court- but the 5 or 6 girls they have can play that style as good as NS- for about one quarter.

I don't think they got "Cheated" And I'm SURE the HOMER radio guy was going ballistic!  The Ref that started handing out Technicals did screw up what was a great game up to that point though.

7AFBFAN

He was mostly whining like a little girl. I hope the next game the refs will let the girls play on both sides.

SNWA

Haha this is great....yes until somebody beats them they are #1 and deserve that. The reason the 2 NS players were on the bench was because the GW guards took the ball straight at them. Great game. Makes for a great build up for rematch. Once again 7AFBFAN your post has no credibility because you were not there. Got every call after the T....BS. Greenwood had made a huge run at NS forcing them into turnovers and taking them out of their game. You take away all of the technical free throws and then the bucket they got after the T and GW continued doing what they were doing to NS. Don't forget GW had just cut the lead from 13 to 4 before the 6 free throws and the ball, which took it back to double digits, then cut it back down to 4. Say what you want, take away the 2 ts, and GW beat NS the second half. Enough of that. I'm sure listening from your couch you know everything. GW put a scare into NS and Ricky Smith, who I think is a wonderful coach. Feb 18th can not get here soon enough. And thank you Mercenary for being the classy Grizz fan on here.

7AFBFAN

SNWA, I was just repeating what I heard on the radio.

SNWA

Yes but to imply the he was whining like a little girl is very childish.....they are kids that poured out everything they had and to set and watch that was tough on everyone including our announcer. For the refs to have had to have discussions with the FSPD and the mighty NS admin. that should tell you how the emotions were flowing. I would not trade our radio man for any other . He has passion and calls it like he sees it. And Cameron, you got your real test last night. In this conference you have to bring it every night. We just came off of a game with the defending 6A state champs and won. A team that has beaten Conway already, so say what you want because of your hatred of GW and lack of basketball knowledge, these are the top 2 teams in the state. By the way, we may have wanted your best two out on the court the whole game, we were getting to shoot free throws then.

7AFBFAN

Not trying to be childish but from the outside that is what he sounded like. I have little respect for people who fail to give credit where credit is due along with taking shots at the fort smith school district and their policies.

Cameron Crazies

Congrats on beating them in the second half, but next time try and beat them for the whole game! Good luck and past experiences against NLB says you will lose again

DogsWin7

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on January 22, 2014, 10:41:45 am
Not trying to be childish but from the outside that is what he sounded like. I have little respect for people who fail to give credit where credit is due along with taking shots at the fort smith school district and their policies.

7A nothing wrong with repeating what you heard but it's hypocritical of you to say that you have never taken a shot at Greenwood and their school policies.   Right? 

7AFBFAN

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on January 22, 2014, 12:26:19 pm
Quote from: 7AFBFAN on January 22, 2014, 10:41:45 am

7A nothing wrong with repeating what you heard but it's hypocritical of you to say that you have never taken a shot at Greenwood and their school policies.   Right?

No I took a shot at their lack of policies, but to be fair that is no different. However what I say on here is directed only at a few and my own personal statement not tied to a school and what he is doing is representing a school.

TheMercenary

Where's TT?

Like everything else, radio is probably much harder than it seems. Even as much as we all know about the game ( which is EVERYTHING, right?) Imagine trying to describe what your seeing for 90 min. without even a ten second break to think about what your about to say.

He does come off to me as a homer, but then again I am Never* cheering for GW.  No one says HS radio guys are supposed to be impartial. After all, his audience is made up of 80% GW fans.

*I'll cheer for GW girls against Conway and when the 6A Playoffs start- that's about it.

A-Good-One

Northside was number one when the game started and Greenwood was number two. I don't think either of those change after last night.

Coach Venny Slocombe

I'm just gonna throw this out there, and by the way I didn't watch the game nor listen to it...officials are bad...everywhere, every night. It has become part of the game. Great teams and coaches overcome those obstacles...last night sounds like NS did and GW didn't... ;)

Side note, basketball and football in Arkansas is going to continue to suffer until something is done about the poor officiating...sad but true...

7AFBFAN

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on January 22, 2014, 02:04:02 pm
I'm just gonna throw this out there, and by the way I didn't watch the game nor listen to it...officials are bad...everywhere, every night. It has become part of the game. Great teams and coaches overcome those obstacles...last night sounds like NS did and GW didn't... ;)

Side note, basketball and football in Arkansas is going to continue to suffer until something is done about the poor officiating...sad but true...

Amen brother.

urban legend2

+1

SNWA

I agree. The game was not a complete horrible called game. My beef is that the top 2 teams in the state are playing with that ranking for the first time ever, it is a 4 point game and a great game, and the refs decide that they are bigger than the game and T up the GW head coach two times when he did absolutely nothing to show them up or that could be heard from anyone in the gym. That resulted in 6 free throws , the ball, which led to a bucket, and killed what could have been a classic. Its over. The game on Feb 18th could be still between 1 and 2 and for a conference championship. And Cameron you better hope that history does not repeat itself because that would mean Northside does not win conference.

ricepig

The top two teams have never played during the season?

SNWA

Northside and Greenwood have never in any sport met with the #1 and #2 rankings.

urban legend2

Quote from: ricepig on January 22, 2014, 02:49:10 pm
The top two teams have never played during the season?

Was wondering the same thing because I'm pretty sure both Hall and Northside were 1 & 2 when they played both times last season. But SNWA clarified that he was referring only to GW and Northside.

Cameron Crazies

The referees were not bias one way or other, but were equally bad! BTW he did deserve the first technical, but 2nd was bogus, and if you read Coach Smith quotes after game or was at the game he told officials that wasn't right and he didn't deserve to get ran, but lets not act like he did nothing and deserved nothing, because he defiantly deserved the first one!

SNWA

Grishawg

Then get your license and start officiating.

Cameron Crazies

January 23, 2014, 11:37:46 am #35 Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 11:46:43 am by Cameron Crazies
Quote from: SNWA on January 22, 2014, 02:33:28 pm
And Cameron you better hope that history does not repeat itself because that would mean Northside does not win conference.
What are you talking about? When has Greenwood girls beat NLB? If you talking bout like Hall winning conference last year? that would mean if history repeat itself NLB would win"another" state title so ya that b ok as well!

CrawfordFan

Quote from: Cameron Crazies on January 22, 2014, 08:41:27 am
Quote from: 7AFBFAN on January 22, 2014, 08:16:21 am

ALL I have to say about it is "until" Greenwood beats NLB there is ABSOLUTELY no doubt who is #1! FYI after Reeves got the 2nd Technical Greenwood got EVERY call! He most certainly deserved the first one but the 2nd was bogus! NLB didn't play well and came away with the win but congrats to Greenwood playing them close! NLB 2 best players set with 4 fouls apiece or wouldn't have been that close. NLB is taking everyones best shot and in back to back games playing #2 in state and I am sure they were flat after playing there real test in Conway, but again congrats on the close loss. Mayb they will put a new column for the Greenwood people that says close losses outside the wins an loss columns.

NHS has some talent this year, but the best player NHS has had in YEARS wasn't in foul trouble during the Greenwood game.  That Olivia Hansen can do it all, inside and outside.  I hate she's graduating this year, I sure have enjoyed watching her.

Basketball13

Quote from: Grishawg on January 23, 2014, 08:08:46 am

Then get your license and start officiating.

+1...As an official, I do the best I can to call a game well night in and night out. That being said not everyone can be perfect. We all make mistakes. You make it sound like you think it's easy. Go ahead and take the test and go to camp.

Baitshop

January 25, 2014, 03:15:14 pm #38 Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 03:17:38 pm by Baitshop
From what I was told by a player standing by the GW coach when he got got the first "T".....what he said to the official usually will get you tossed....

And usually the "better" team never finds itself down by 13 at any point of the game....

BTW....I will definitely be in Greenwood for the rematch...

SNWA

NO Player Was Anywhere Around The Two During The Talk. The Only Thing Anybody Has To Go On Was What The Coach And Ref Says. Ns Scored Last 5 Of First half and First 5 Of 2Nd Half . Gw Cut It to 4 before The 6 Free Throws And Bucket On The Posession . Gw Then Cut It Back TO Five And Final. Just Like Drive Time Sports, Who Talked Abiut The Game The Next Day For 30 Minutes, Said, A Great Game With Two Evenly Matched Teams which Would have Gone Down To The Wire , Was Stolen By Two Horrible Mistakes From The Officials...Feb 18Th Will Be Electric.

ricepig

Quote from: SNWA on January 25, 2014, 05:56:22 pm
NO Player Was Anywhere Around The Two During The Talk. The Only Thing Anybody Has To Go On Was What The Coach And Ref Says. Ns Scored Last 5 Of First half and First 5 Of 2Nd Half . Gw Cut It to 4 before The 6 Free Throws And Bucket On The Posession . Gw Then Cut It Back TO Five And Final. Just Like Drive Time Sports, Who Talked Abiut The Game The Next Day For 30 Minutes, Said, A Great Game With Two Evenly Matched Teams which Would have Gone Down To The Wire , Was Stolen By Two Horrible Mistakes From The Officials...Feb 18Th Will Be Electric.

Is there a reason you capitalized every word, just asking?

Baitshop

Quote from: ricepig on January 25, 2014, 08:23:10 pm

He spilled the Blue Koolaid on his keyboard and the "CAPS" key is stuck...

Baitshop

Is

Lady Bears by double digits....as RD would say "I guarantee it".....

7AFBFAN

The extra electricity in Greenwood makes that happen?

SNWA

Not Sure Why It Does That...Anybody Have A Real answer To Help Me Out Here?

Baitshop

February 17, 2014, 09:44:33 am #45 Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 09:48:25 am by Baitshop
Round 2 of this game is tomorrow night AT Greenwood...

Lots of whining from thr Greenwood faithful and Coach Reeves about the officiating when the game was played at Northside...

DixiePrep is picking the Lady Bears by 9 points...

And the over/under for technical fouls is 4....

SNWA

Should be a great game. Don't know what will happen on any night in this conf. And your right, the GW players and fans thought they got hosed at NS but your wrong in saying coach Reeves whined because he never did. Should be a great atmosphere. Ill take the under on both of your predictions considering that coach Reeves has two t's now in the past 3 years and both were same game. I also think both teams are evenly matched. Another great game at Southside tonight with their make-up game with Hall. SS is playing really well right now.

Forrest City H

Did Hall & Greenwood girls play this past Friday?  Nobody reported the score to Maxpreps, and I haven't seen a mention of it anywhere.  Does anyone know what happened, or even if the game was played??

7AFBFAN

I don't know the outcome but due to the lack of coverage I can guess who won and lost. I will take a guess and say Hall won.

SNWA

Hall won on last second jumper 70-68. GW also went back on sat and played and beat Parkview. There has been lack of coverage on all of the games so that has nothing to do with it. NLR boys, GW and NS girls all got beat on same night.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas