• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did Bentonville Just Get Good?

Started by Brian G, July 15, 2013, 01:59:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogger

Quote from: OlGuyWicker on November 16, 2013, 01:20:01 pm
Quote from: Frogger on November 15, 2013, 02:58:25 pm
Quote from: OlGuyWicker on November 01, 2013, 12:37:37 am
Quote from: Frogger on October 31, 2013, 02:49:33 pm
He would have a better shot at the NFL

That is the lie his brother was told.  Marcus would be in the NBA now if he had played only basketball.
False.  First of all he made the NFL.  Secondly the NBA doesnt have much room for 6-5 guys who cant handle and shoot threes
Coming out of High School Marcus was a better player than Ronnie Brewer was.  Marcus made a difference in the 2 or 3 games he played for Pel, before being ruled ineligible.  Had he focused on basketball and developed his skill set and body for basketball instead of a football frame and football injuries, he would have been in the NBA now, and the Razorbacks would have probably have been in the NCAA tourney a couple of more times.
Marcus was not better than Brewer coming out of H.S.  Give me a break man

DerekOxford

Quote from: Frogger on November 18, 2013, 10:06:49 am
Quote from: OlGuyWicker on November 16, 2013, 01:20:01 pm
Quote from: Frogger on November 15, 2013, 02:58:25 pm
Quote from: OlGuyWicker on November 01, 2013, 12:37:37 am
Quote from: Frogger on October 31, 2013, 02:49:33 pm
He would have a better shot at the NFL

That is the lie his brother was told.  Marcus would be in the NBA now if he had played only basketball.
False.  First of all he made the NFL.  Secondly the NBA doesnt have much room for 6-5 guys who cant handle and shoot threes
Coming out of High School Marcus was a better player than Ronnie Brewer was.  Marcus made a difference in the 2 or 3 games he played for Pel, before being ruled ineligible.  Had he focused on basketball and developed his skill set and body for basketball instead of a football frame and football injuries, he would have been in the NBA now, and the Razorbacks would have probably have been in the NCAA tourney a couple of more times.
Marcus was not better than Brewer coming out of H.S.  Give me a break man

He might have looked better because he was going up against AA competition at EPC whereas Brewer was playing the state's best in the old AAAAA.

Frogger

Marcus was a great player and I loved the way he played his role while playing for the Hogs but he was not superstar in bball. 

bdubyab60

Acutally EPC was AAA back then. Pulaski Academy probably kept EPC from winning 3 state titles in a row. In his final year EPC finished second in the state behind West Memphis I believe. That EPC team would have competed with any team in the state. Only loss was to a missouri team, lost on a technical foul by 1 or 2 points. The conference they were in was loaded bith big men, osceola, Rivercrest and Gosnell all had goods teams. With very good bigs.

To me Marcus was a better football prospect, he was a heck of a basketball player. But outside shooting and ballhandling were not strong in his game at that time. If there was one thing I thought he should have changed was he should have went pro his JR. year instead. Then should have took a medical redshirt when he hurt his knee his Sr. year.

Malik is better than Marcus was in highschool right now. If the Hogs can get him it would be a major get and probably the most legit scoring threat the Hogs have had since Joe johnson.

mack

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 19, 2013, 12:09:33 pm
Acutally EPC was AAA back then. Pulaski Academy probably kept EPC from winning 3 state titles in a row. In his final year EPC finished second in the state behind West Memphis I believe. That EPC team would have competed with any team in the state. Only loss was to a missouri team, lost on a technical foul by 1 or 2 points. The conference they were in was loaded bith big men, osceola, Rivercrest and Gosnell all had goods teams. With very good bigs.

To me Marcus was a better football prospect, he was a heck of a basketball player. But outside shooting and ballhandling were not strong in his game at that time. If there was one thing I thought he should have changed was he should have went pro his JR. year instead. Then should have took a medical redshirt when he hurt his knee his Sr. year.

Malik is better than Marcus was in highschool right now. If the Hogs can get him it would be a major get and probably the most legit scoring threat the Hogs have had since Joe johnson.

They MUST get Malik and Kevaughn Allen both......  they cannot go out of state!

bdubyab60

These are players that can turn a program around. If MA gets them he will have to change his system. You can't have players like this average 10 minutes a game

Brian G

bdubyab60

I got a feeling it won't be the only time it happens.

ricepig

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 19, 2013, 10:21:42 pm
These are players that can turn a program around. If MA gets them he will have to change his system. You can't have players like this average 10 minutes a game

Qualls is averaging over 30 minutes a game, Mike will play you if you are contributing.

bdubyab60

Quote from: ricepig on November 20, 2013, 07:14:17 am
Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 19, 2013, 10:21:42 pm

Qualls is averaging over 30 minutes a game, Mike will play you if you are contributing.
Hard to get in a rythym when your in and out is all im saying.

OPoraquê

Yes, they did...for however long it lasts.

OPoraquê

Bentonville seems to be getting better with no "last second finishes" these first two games of the second half of conference.  Tonight they beat Har-Ber by 8 (70-62) after leading at times in the second by 10-12.  The Wildcats cut it to a basket but they would make key misses and Bennie would make a multi point run to keep it out of reach.

Sounds like the team is gelling together though MM still makes his misses and gets his points.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas