• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any motorcycle riders on here?

Started by Breitontime, January 31, 2014, 01:20:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Breitontime

My red one above, has changed colors a couple times now. The head designer at Confederate Motorcycles has been trying to buy it for nearly a year, ever since he saw it at a show last fall.

Any of you guys go to the inaugural Steel Horse Rally in Ft. Smith? I wanted to check it out, but had a show in Dallas that weekend.

Valleysports

I've hardly ridden the VROD - rains every day.  Have ridden the 1300, after putting on a new battery & cleaning the carb up.   ::)  Time to get that bike out on the curb.

Breitontime

I've been putting around on my 77 XS650. Too crappy out to ride one of the nice ones. Have another build that will be wrapped up and out the door this week, then starting on a twin Harley build. One for me, one for the pops.

I still have an itch to to a big bore kit on my 750, and a turbo, but it's a lot of work.

Valleysports

MANNNNN - I got to ride the power tonight.  Leaving Dover on the VROD - dark - just let her ease on out at the 60 mph sign - felt so smooth, looked at the speedometer - 100.  Guess it didn't seem like it because of the dark - couldn't see pavement going by.  Just so hard to resist!   :-\     

-Painted Fan-

WHEN I win the lottery, I'm retiring, buying a black Slingshot with a Batman symbol on the front, put on a Batman suit, and travel the country, visiting children's hospitals.

Breitontime

Just finished painting a new one. She'll be finished and on the road tomorrow.

Valleysports

Breitontime

Had just finished spraying her. About to head back up to my shop and put her on and fire the bike up.

Breitontime

Dry. Cap I machined turned out spectacular on it.

Breitontime

Bahama Blue, with Cobalt Blue flake in the paint. Going to mix in some chrome flake in the first coat of clear, let it flash off enough to sand smooth, and hit it with 3-4 more coats of clear. Then cut and buff. Going to look spectacular when finished in a day or two.

Breitontime

Picked up my first Beamer the other day. A non-US model. Found it in the middle of no-where Ola.

Going to be my first full on factory restoration. Then she'll be heading out to Vegas for the big motorcycle auction.

Lions84

Cool bikes and solid work.  I want to get a trike when I retire.

Valleysports

Maynard G Krebs

September 22, 2015, 02:25:31 pm #113 Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 02:29:16 pm by Maynard G Krebs

My crotch rocket from 1972.  I know it doesn't count as a real motorcyle to the purist, but it was alot of fun when you're 16 years old

Valleysports

Breitontime

I'm a fan of vintage bikes. I don't have a Kawi smoker at the moment. I do have a little GT380 that is the tits.

Breitontime

Giselle's up for Bike of the Month on the largest motorcycle forum on the intrawebs, and she's leafing the polls by a lot. Have a magazine shoot next month, and an invite to The Handbuit Show at MotoGP in Austin next spring.

Not bad for the first week of her rolling out of the shop.

Valleysports

Look great - glad you didn't murder it.

Breitontime

Bringing home some hardware from the big show at Bikes, Blues, and BBQ.

Breitontime

On my way back to Russellville. I've no interest in the typical Harley crowd that is the majority of events like that. Just wanted to take a couple bikes to the show at the Naturals Stadium.

Lions84

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 22, 2015, 02:25:31 pm

My crotch rocket from 1972.  I know it doesn't count as a real motorcyle to the purist, but it was alot of fun when you're 16 years old

Reminds me of the Honda 500 my cousin let me ride back in the 1970's

Lions84

This is what I want.

Valleysports

You have been voted off the island - pick up your purse and leave now.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Valleysports on September 30, 2015, 11:52:34 am
I'll admit, it's better than the ones with two wheels on the front.

Lions84

I got a bum leg that will not support the weight of a regular full size Road bike.

Breitontime

Quote from: Lions84 on September 30, 2015, 11:33:05 am

1973 Honda CB500K I just finished building. She'said heading to her new home in a couple weeks. Though, outside of the motor, she looks nothing like she did in 73.

Valleysports

Quote from: Lions84 on September 30, 2015, 02:10:14 pm

I got a bum leg that will not support the weight of a regular full size Road bike.

Okay - guess you get an exemption.

Valleysports

Bre it looks like you did a great job building a beautiful bike that just ain't my style.  ;D

Lions84

Quote from: Breitontime on September 30, 2015, 04:41:25 pm
Quote from: Lions84 on September 30, 2015, 11:33:05 am

1973 Honda CB500K I just finished building. She'said heading to her new home in a couple weeks. Though, outside of the motor, she looks nothing like she did in 73.

Good Job!

Lions84

Yep Valley back in 06 I was in a bad wreak and it tore up my right leg pretty good. I rehabbed it and I can walk most days with out a cane. But Holding up a Bike is out of the question.

Breitontime

Quote from: Valleysports on September 30, 2015, 07:56:38 pm
Bre it looks like you did a great job building a beautiful bike that just ain't my style.  ;D
Not everybody can handle the speedster life.  ;D

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Lions84 on September 30, 2015, 11:34:38 am
This is what I want.

I like the ice chest in the back and what I assume is a very comfortable seat for those of us with enlarged prostates!

Lions84

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on October 01, 2015, 10:34:04 pm
Quote from: Lions84 on September 30, 2015, 11:34:38 am
This is what I want.

Yep a 500 watt stereo , a ice chest and some Stepping Wolf. Me and Momma will be rolling !

I like the ice chest in the back and what I assume is a very comfortable seat for those of us with enlarged prostates!

Valleysports

October 08, 2015, 08:54:25 am #133 Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 08:59:14 am by Valleysports
Bring it Bre!   8)

Breitontime

October 12, 2015, 02:58:07 am #134 Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 03:16:29 am by Breitontime
Bought just about everything I need for my bobber build this weekend. Leather solo saddle, forks, two 26" spoked rims, hydraulic clutch. Just need to fab up the hardtail on the frame and put it together.

This is what I was at this weekend. Largest vintage event in the country. Racing, largest motorcycle museum in the world ($78M in bikes in it), vendors, a swap meet. The tits, essentially. Had to make a lap on my 71 Zuki two stroke with the GoPro.

https://youtu.be/5Ji1e6DfPiU

Valleysports

October 17, 2015, 10:05:09 am #135 Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 10:12:47 am by Valleysports
Quote from: Breitontime on October 16, 2015, 08:17:02 pm
Sidebar:

Valley, the V, is it a mag or spokes in the back? I'mean about to start a bobber build. Want to run a wide tire in the back, VROD size, and a springer with a 32" wheel in the front.

I'll be riding next week - will drop by.

Lions84

Quote from: Valleysports on October 17, 2015, 10:05:09 am
Quote from: Breitontime on October 16, 2015, 08:17:02 pm
Sidebar:

Valley, the V, is it a mag or spokes in the back? I'mean about to start a bobber build. Want to run a wide tire in the back, VROD size, and a springer with a 32" wheel in the front.

I'll be riding next week - will drop by.

Nice ride.

Valleysports

Lions84

Valleysports

Too much fun and gets a lot of attention.  :D

Breitontime

November 27, 2015, 07:23:00 am #140 Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 07:42:35 am by Breitontime
She's off to a new owner in Chi-Town as soon as he gets shipping arranged. Always makes me kind of sad when one of my gals leaves home. Oh well, on to the next one. In the process of selling this one, I lined up three more builds for customers, one heading to the UK.

Valleysports

You gonna jump on that CB200?  How does a professional check the motor out, say it's good, but never start it presumably because carb is plugged?

Breitontime

That's why I asked. That motor hasn't been checked unless it was opened up.

I don't need a baby bike. I just got started on this one.

bleudog

Wonderdog

Lions84

With my daughter going to a private college I won't be getting a Bike any time soon.

Breitontime

Any of you riding folks going to any of the rallies/shows around the state this weekend?

Steel Horse in Ft. Smith.
XS650 Society in Mt. View
Pipes & Tails in LR.

I'm going to try to do a day of all three. Thurs in Mt. View on my 77XS. Friday at Steel Horse on one of the Harley's, and I'very been asked to bring the DOHC to LR Saturday by one of the sponsors, and doing a photoshoot for a magazine while in LR.

She's looking good. Making a new part a day this week to dress her up a bit before the shoot. Be nice and billety by the weekend.

Going tomorrow to get some decals made out of stainless vinyl with my logo for tank badges.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas