• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Carlisle Football

Started by hogwild_82, June 06, 2018, 04:27:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: big E on September 03, 2018, 06:51:00 am
You definitely have to find a system that fits your kids skill set. Spread blocking 8s easier for the linemen,  but you have to have a qb that can throw it and receivers that can catch it.

Receivers have to be able to get open as well.

Lumberjackfan1978

Need a QB that can take off and run if need be and good linemen and receivers that can catch.A few ingredients for the spread to work successful and also the QB needs to be a good passer

razorbackrob

Lot a people on here missed their calling

LeftyWorld

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on September 03, 2018, 10:56:25 am
Need a QB that can take off and run if need be and good linemen and receivers that can catch.A few ingredients for the spread to work successful and also the QB needs to be a good passer

Hmmm good lineman, receivers that can catch, and a qb that can run and pass. Yep those usually help lol

Old Scrapper

Quote from: LeftyWorld on September 03, 2018, 12:11:07 pm
Hmmm good lineman, receivers that can catch, and a qb that can run and pass. Yep those usually help lol
LOL yea I'd take that combination every year!

Lions84

DeWitt going to Torch the Bison this week.

Big Dave

26-12 Dewitt... Carlisle had a chance to close the gap at the end but threw an interception in the end zone.

gameoflife

So the spread is good with the right athletes?  When you have really good talent you can run what ever you like and it will probably work.   Every team cannot do it, and every team cannot do what they do on college teams or pro teams. Those guys have the best athletes and they sometimes cannot do it right.

i40traveler

Sounds to me like Carlisle is getting better every week

BisonFan1

Quote from: i40traveler on September 09, 2018, 04:50:53 pm
Sounds to me like Carlisle is getting better every week

I will give them credit.  They kept it a lot closer than I ever thought they would.  Definitely an improvement from the Lonoke game.  Running game looked a lot better; passing game is still a MAJOR work in progress.  I'll be curious to see how they do this week against a team they should be favored to beat.  Would be nice to get a 'W' before heading in to conference play.   

Fan1958

Big Dave

As most know, we scrapped the spread for the most part. I dont know if it's for good. They seemed to come out and play with more energy. Still a long way to go but I like what I saw Friday night.

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: Big Dave on October 01, 2018, 11:52:27 am
As most know, we scrapped the spread for the most part. I dont know if it's for good. They seemed to come out and play with more energy. Still a long way to go but I like what I saw Friday night.

Looks like the schedule lightens up a bit for the next few weeks so maybe that new energy will result in some wins down the road.

BisonFan1

Quote from: Big Dave on October 01, 2018, 11:52:27 am

I'm not surprised to hear that they performed better running the new offense.  Much more used to that than chucking the ball all over the field.  Props to the coaching staff for making the switch; a lot of coaches would be too stubborn to admit their system failed and change mid-season to something else. 

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on August 24, 2018, 09:33:12 am
Thanks.  I knew they opened with Lonoke but just looked at the full schedule.  Probably a 3-7/4-6 kind of year.

Finished at 4-6-1 so I was in the ball park.  They beat the four teams at the bottom of the league but no one with a winning record.  Probably would have gone 5-5 or 6-4 in the regular season had they not experimented with the spread in the early games but that wouldn't have changed their playoff seeding.  Don't know what they graduate but will likely still be #4 in the conference next season.

BisonFan1

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on November 10, 2018, 09:26:02 am
Finished at 4-6-1 so I was in the ball park.  They beat the four teams at the bottom of the league but no one with a winning record.  Probably would have gone 5-5 or 6-4 in the regular season had they not experimented with the spread in the early games but that wouldn't have changed their playoff seeding.  Don't know what they graduate but will likely still be #4 in the conference next season.

They finished right about where I thought they would.  I said from the beginning that it would come down to us and Clarendon for the 4th/5th seed and that's exactly what happened.  In this conference setup, Carlisle should stay in the playoffs given how bad the bottom of the conference is. As long as you can beat Brinkley, Marianna-Lee and Marvell, you will be in the playoffs.  I'm also not sure what they have back next year, but I would guess they will have a similar season to this year, with maybe a slightly better overall record (5-5/6-4). 

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: BisonFan1 on November 10, 2018, 11:21:42 am
In this conference setup, Carlisle should stay in the playoffs given how bad the bottom of the conference is. As long as you can beat Brinkley, Marianna-Lee and Marvell, you will be in the playoffs. 

Not sure why Marvell still tries to field a team and some could go 8 man.  Guess it could end up in a situation where everyone in the conference is in the playoffs before the first snap of August practice.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas