• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Campbell

Started by Uncle Ivan, June 20, 2011, 07:55:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Reechards

Quote from: 27 Trap on November 03, 2011, 11:07:54 pm
Quote from: InYoGrill on November 03, 2011, 10:57:49 pm
Saw coach at halftime in the box as he was visiting friends. He was joyous with the way V had played that first half.

Really happy for all the Vilonia players and Coaches, it was a great way to end the season.....Congratulations on a outstanding win over a very good football team..........Hope the QB a Greenbrier will be all right, he can really throw the ball, wish them the best in the playoffs.....

Thanks for visiting with us tonight Coach. All the best to you.

27 Trap

Quote from: Mr.FCHS2005 on October 21, 2011, 10:15:21 pm
I just made this account but I've been following this topic for quite a while and just had to make an account for this topic. this topic hasn't been anything less than fantastic and such a learning experience. I can just imagine how it was to be an assistant coach under you. I remember those big boys gray and walker i had to block them from 03-05 LOL when we first started high school games as sophomores. I really hope this topic keeps going because I'm looking for further insight into the mind of a great coach. Also, you are in my prayers hope you get well soon COACH.

MR. FCHS2005

Thanks for the kind words, Cord Gray and L.T. Walker were were good players, had good size , strength, and could run....Thought Cord was a better offense players, he could block , ought to see some of the videos of him blocking people, awesome.  I thought L.T. was a better defensive player, could run for a big man, had to play him some at offense his senior and  he  did a great job...Always thought our kids did a great job of blocking, they took a lot of pride in it , you should see some of the videos at Corning, Sheridan and Wynne, they would get after you...
Had one young man at Wynne who just loved to block people, Tyler McIntosh, called him  "The Blocking Machine", never had anyone like him, he just loved to block  and gosh he would get after you, tough as a pine knot.....
I have been blessed to have had some "great kids" to coach, just blows me away to think about all the outstanding young men I had had who played so hard over the years, I sure am proud of all of the them.....

Took a CEA test about a week ago, Doctors office called this week, my numbers keep going up and this is a sign that perhaps the cancer had returned...Going to take a Pet Scan next Wednesday, please keep me in your prayers as I deal with this ......claiming Joshua 1:9 

proud_dad

Coach Our prayers and thoughts are with you sir...hope for all the best on the results of the tests!!!

True Believer

Prayers for you Coach!  God is in control!

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: 27 Trap on November 04, 2011, 09:18:04 am

Had one young man at Wynne who just loved to block people, Tyler McIntosh, called him  "The Blocking Machine", never had anyone like him, he just loved to block  and gosh he would get after you, tough as a pine knot.....

Wynne's had a reputation for being loaded with talent, which is something I don't think is true.  However, they do tend to have kids like this, who are country and tougher than an old iron spike.  Those are the kind of kids you win championships with.

Hope the news turns out well, Coach.

27 Trap

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 06, 2011, 01:07:41 pm
Quote from: 27 Trap on November 04, 2011, 09:18:04 am

Wynne's had a reputation for being loaded with talent, which is something I don't think is true.  However, they do tend to have kids like this, who are country and tougher than an old iron spike.  Those are the kind of kids you win championships with.

Hope the news turns out well, Coach.

That is so true, people would be shocked at some of the young men who played in the line for us over the news, not all of them were blessed with size and talent but one thing they had was a "Big Heart", plus they gave a 110% out there on the field and I will always be thankful for their tremendous effort they gave to the Wynne Football program....

Will find out the results of my Pet Scan on Wednesday, have a Doctors appointment around noon , just keep me in your prayers.....Joshua 1:9

rpr

Hope everything turned out well Coach. I agree with you about your lines. The 2000 backfield we faced might have been the most talented group in the history of Arkansas football but the execution by the o-line was a thing of beauty. Best wishes.
Pip Runyan

27 Trap

Quote from: rpr on November 17, 2011, 09:25:30 am
Hope everything turned out well Coach. I agree with you about your lines. The 2000 backfield we faced might have been the most talented group in the history of Arkansas football but the execution by the o-line was a thing of beauty. Best wishes.
Pip Runyan

Thanks Pip, wish you'll the best in the playoffs, was at the Cabot game, was a heck of a start......
The 2000 had some folks who could run plus a fullback who was tough, real tough to bring down plus some folks in the line who would get after you, none of them played after high school but they really gave a great effort on the field....
Went to Doctor  on Wednesday, got a good report, going to have a procedure done at St. Vincents  on the 28th to remove a small spot on liver but the Doctor feels good about  everything.......Joshua 1:9

Uncle Ivan

November 19, 2011, 11:02:59 am #158 Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 11:04:47 am by Uncle Ivan
Quote from: 27 Trap on November 17, 2011, 05:24:59 pm
plus a fullback who was tough, real tough to bring down plus some folks in the line who would get after you, none of them played after high school but they really gave a great effort on the field....

I saw Hervae at our ten year class reunion a few months ago.  He still looks like he could suit up.  Load didn't have a lot of moves, but would flat run people over.

They played a highlight vid of our senior season (2000) at our reunion.  Slaughter did commentary.  We were in stitches.

"Hey Coach, come on, let us throw a pass."

(deadpans) "Naw.  Run the trap."

IYK_DA NATION

Keep strong MR. 27 trap here it comes can u stp it

incogneto

Coach,

I spoke with a retired defensive coordinator that was very complimentary of you.  In his words you were the best at getting an OL to fire off in complete unison and get on blocks.  I hope to meet you in person some day.

Keep fighting and I'll keep praying for you,

Incogneto

27 Trap

Went to Doctor  on Wednesday, got a good report, going to have a procedure done at St. Vincents  on the 28th to remove a small spot on liver but the Doctor feels good about  everything.......Joshua 1:9

Everything went well , the Doctor removed the spot and now I am cancer free..PTL..

True Believer

Thank the good Lord Coach!!!   God is good.  :)

Bondfan4ever

Coach, I want to thank you for your insight and optimism in your posts.  You are truly a role model to us all.

27 Trap

My cancer has returned, supposed to have chemo treatrment tomorrow, had one three weeks ago and it was very, very hard on me, had one scheduled last Wednesday but my Doctor gave me another week off.....Keep me in your prayers....Joshua 1:9

True Believer

Prayers Coach.  So sorry. 

TheHogHead

Prayers from Hot Springs coach, and thank you for the example you've been through your battle.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: 27 Trap on April 03, 2012, 10:49:42 pm
My cancer has returned, supposed to have chemo treatrment tomorrow, had one three weeks ago and it was very, very hard on me, had one scheduled last Wednesday but my Doctor gave me another week off.....Keep me in your prayers....Joshua 1:9

What hospital are you having it at, Coach?

InYoGrill

Prayers from V coach. Hang in there.

DogsWin7

Prayers Coach...........Psalm 61 verses 1-3.

DEBO64ETOWN

My God bless you coach!

olddawg

27 Trap

Had treatment today, home now but don't feel great, have some nausea and been trying to throw up, did that today  when I left the clinic , just don't feel great right now but praying things will get better, know  I will be up most of the night as they gave me steroids with the chemo......
THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR KIND WORDS AND PRAYERS, THEY ARE UPLIFTING AND I NEED THAT TONIGHT...... BUT I WILL MAKE IT!!!!!!

bleudog

elvis26

8) prayers from trumann coach. god bless!!

tmycjy

good luck coach hang in there from Wynne Pressbox crew

DogsWin7

Hope and pray you are feeling better this week!   :D

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

slowntheMUD

How are you doing? We all want to know. Been praying for you.

Your words and legacy are an inspiration to all of us. Your words radiate through all of us and you are the true definition of "Coach"!

Thank you SO much!

27 Trap

Quote from: slowntheMUD on May 04, 2012, 11:08:47 am

Your words and legacy are an inspiration to all of us. Your words radiate through all of us and you are the true definition of "Coach"!

Thank you SO much!

The spots on my liver have returned, took a couple of chemo treatments but I got really sick from them, my Doctor sent me up to UAMS, am going to meet with surgeon next week, looks like I may have surgery .....keep me in your Prayers..

DogsWin7

Quote from: 27 Trap on May 14, 2012, 10:17:13 am
Quote from: slowntheMUD on May 04, 2012, 11:08:47 am

Thank you SO much!

The spots on my liver have returned, took a couple of chemo treatments but I got really sick from them, my Doctor sent me up to UAMS, am going to meet with surgeon next week, looks like I may have surgery .....keep me in your Prayers..

May God heal you in the way only he can......  Stay strong Coach!!   Many Prayers......

DogsWin7

Coach,  when you feel like talkin' football I would like to know How do you rebuild a fb program in your opinion?

Just curious to some of your wisdom.   Hope your surgery went ok, and you are feeling better!!

27 Trap

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on May 20, 2012, 05:18:25 pm
Coach,  when you feel like talkin' football I would like to know How do you rebuild a fb program in your opinion?

Just curious to some of your wisdom.   Hope your surgery went ok, and you are feeling better!!

Meeting with surgeon on Thursday 24th at UAMS, will let everyone know what he says....

When I took the Sheridan job they were 0-27, longest losing streak in the state, also in the previous eight years their record was 14-64-1, not real good.....When went 7-3-1 the first year , lost to Wynne 13-8, they scored with 3:36 left in the game on a 81yd run, were were up 8-7 at that time, they went on to win the State Championship that year, was real proud of our kids and the turn around...The next year we lost to Arkadelphia in the second round and they went on to win the State Championship, we finished 11-1 that year, had some great kids who really got after you....The biggest thing we had to change was their  attitude and get the kids believing in our system, had some outstanding young men who bought into what we had to said , it was a great turn around , will never forget those young, they were and still are very special to me...... You got to believe in your coach and his system , cannot doubt and got to trust him.....Know we won games at Corning and at Wynne because the kids thought they were supposed to win when they stepped on the field...The last twelve years at Wynne we won a 119-28-3, that average about ten wins a year, some of the years we had great backs, especially in 2000-2001, with Antino Warren and DeAngelo Williams, but in the other years our backs were in the 4.6 and 4.7 range , they looked faster because they hit the trap so quick and ran hard....Their regular season record for those twelve year was 99-18-3, not bad, again they expected to win every time they stepped on the field , when you have that then you are hard to beat and fun to coach....Again the kids believed in our system and believed in me and for that I will always be grateful and cherish those special times with some great kids....

27 Trap

Just thought of something else that you should know, my three groups at Sheridan, Sr-Jr-Soph in Junior High won a total of seven games, the Seniors had won one game in the ninth grade, the Jr. were 5-4 and the Soph. won only one game, so their record in Jr. High   was 7-20..
Do want you to believe that I am some miracle worker but I was positive in practice and wanted the kids to know what they were supposed to do,  I am just a simple old FB coach,  but I believed in those kids, did not know how many we could win but I knew they were better than what the had shown in the past  ..Also I keep it simple, did not have a play book, don't need one for my offense...example of that I was looking at the stats after the season was over in our second year at Sheridan, went 11-1, and found out that our fullback , Gary Brown had a thousand yards,  I was sitting at my desk and I asked my self how many plays did  we had for Gary to carry the football, it was "TWO",  that's amazing.....just proves you don't need a lot of plays but you need to make sure they can execute what you have in your offense, always said there is a lot of difference in running a play and executing a play....Know at Wynne the kids used to complain at the number of times I made them run the trap in practice but at game time they didn't need to think, just run  it and they did it very well....
I love this game and enjoyed my 39yrs, coached Jr. High ball for eight years and was a High School Coach for 31yrs, I never had a D-1 player until 1999, my 24th year of coaching High School football, was beginning to think I would never have one and I had three that year, one went to Arkansas and the other two to ASU.....
   I could go on and on about the game, was a real joy and I enjoyed working with young people and seeing them grow up and be successful, tomorrow I am having supper with one of them who is about to get out of UCA with a Degree in Physical Therapy....On Thursday after I see my Doctor in Little Rock am supposed to call another yourg man who played for me in Wynne, he is in business in Little Rock...This fall I plan to see Cabot play a lot, one of their players Dad played for me in Corning , when he was in Jr. High there I got to see eight of his games, really enjoy visiting with my former players...

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: 27 Trap on May 22, 2012, 11:02:00 pm

Meeting with surgeon on Thursday 24th at UAMS, will let everyone know what he says....

Coach, my mother spent four months in UAMS for cancer, got out a month or so ago.  I'll tell you, their docs are top-notch, as well as most of the nurses.  I don't believe you can get any better than that place in the area of doctor quality.

InYoGrill

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on May 24, 2012, 03:23:17 pm

Coach, my mother spent four months in UAMS for cancer, got out a month or so ago.  I'll tell you, their docs are top-notch, as well as most of the nurses.  I don't believe you can get any better than that place in the area of doctor quality.

Coach, probably some of the best FF reading on this site is your insight from your career. Really enjoy hearing you talk about your experiences. Keep up the fight and stay strong in The Word!

27 Trap

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on May 24, 2012, 03:23:17 pm

Meet with Doctor today UAMS , they are going to operate on Friday, June 1, the operation will take about four hours, going to remove two spots from my liver, will be in hospital from 5-6 days ...will take out about 20% of the liver .....Keep me in your prayers ,  Joshua 1:9......

Romeo

Prayers from Warren. Stay strong coach.

BillyJackâ„¢

Prayers from Alma Coach!

True Believer

Prayers for you Coach!   The liver is a remarkable organ and it can take a lot.  UAMS is the BEST place you can be!  God is with you!

27 Trap

Quote from: 27 Trap on May 23, 2012, 01:09:14 am

Just thought of something else that you should know, my three groups at Sheridan, Sr-Jr-Soph in Junior High won a total of seven games, the Seniors had won one game in the ninth grade, the Jr. were 5-4 and the Soph. won only one game, so their record in Jr. High   was 7-20..
Do want you to believe that I am some miracle worker but I was positive in practice and wanted the kids to know what they were supposed to do,  I am just a simple old FB coach,  but I believed in those kids, did not know how many we could win but I knew they were better than what the had shown in the past  ..Also I keep it simple, did not have a play book, don't need one for my offense...example of that I was looking at the stats after the season was over in our second year at Sheridan, went 11-1, and found out that our fullback , Gary Brown had a thousand yards,  I was sitting at my desk and I asked my self how many plays did  we had for Gary to carry the football, it was "TWO",  that's amazing.....just proves you don't need a lot of plays but you need to make sure they can execute what you have in your offense, always said there is a lot of difference in running a play and executing a play....Know at Wynne the kids used to complain at the number of times I made them run the trap in practice but at game time they didn't need to think, just run  it and they did it very well....
I love this game and enjoyed my 39yrs, coached Jr. High ball for eight years and was a High School Coach for 31yrs, I never had a D-1 player until 1999, my 24th year of coaching High School football, was beginning to think I would never have one and I had three that year, one went to Arkansas and the other two to ASU.....
   I could go on and on about the game, was a real joy and I enjoyed working with young people and seeing them grow up and be successful, tomorrow I am having supper with one of them who is about to get out of UCA with a Degree in Physical Therapy....On Thursday after I see my Doctor in Little Rock am supposed to call another yourg man who played for me in Wynne, he is in business in Little Rock...This fall I plan to see Cabot play a lot, one of their players Dad played for me in Corning , when he was in Jr. High there I got to see eight of his games, really enjoy visiting with my former players...

All of this just proves to me that young people can do a lot more than they ever dreamed they could if they just believe in themself and learn to trust and beleive in their Coach... It's  exciting to see you men go out there and do things nobody thought  they would be able to accomplish, believe me it's a real joy to walk into a dressing rooms and see the expression of joy and pride in their faces, having  success when everyone thought they were just a bunch of losers...
      We teach more than "football" out there  on that field, there are things to be learned  and  taught that can shape a individual for life, lessons to help them grow up and be a success in the game of life...The greatest honor that I have ever received from this game is the pride I get when I see young men who played for me grow  up to be successful , to be Doctors, Lawyers, Professional people in the world of business,  Educators, that is a great feeling  and gives me a lot of joy.....

tmycjy

Quote from: 27 Trap on May 26, 2012, 09:17:27 am

All of this just proves to me that young people can do a lot more than they ever dreamed they could if they just believe in themself and learn to trust and beleive in their Coach... It's  exciting to see you men go out there and do things nobody thought  they would be able to accomplish, believe me it's a real joy to walk into a dressing rooms and see the expression of joy and pride in their faces, having  success when everyone thought they were just a bunch of losers...
      We teach more than "football" out there  on that field, there are things to be learned  and  taught that can shape a individual for life, lessons to help them grow up and be a success in the game of life...The greatest honor that I have ever received from this game is the pride I get when I see young men who played for me grow  up to be successful , to be Doctors, Lawyers, Professional people in the world of business,  Educators, that is a great feeling  and gives me a lot of joy.....

Good luck coach on friday hope everything come out good

DogsWin7

Many Thank you's coach!  I agree 100% with what you said.  May God Bless you and keep you safe.   Hope your surgury is successful Tomorrow- in my continued prayers.........

DogsWin7

June 02, 2012, 10:38:03 am #192 Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 10:41:39 am by DiehardFBfan

When I took the Sheridan job they were 0-27, longest losing streak in the state, also in the previous eight years their record was 14-64-1, not real good.....When went 7-3-1 the first year , lost to Wynne 13-8, they scored with 3:36 left in the game on a 81yd run, were were up 8-7 at that time, they went on to win the State Championship that year, was real proud of our kids and the turn around...The next year we lost to Arkadelphia in the second round and they went on to win the State Championship, we finished 11-1 that year, had some great kids who really got after you....The biggest thing we had to change was their  attitude and get the kids believing in our system, had some outstanding young men who bought into what we had to said , it was a great turn around , will never forget those young, they were and still are very special to me...... You got to believe in your coach and his system , cannot doubt and got to trust him.....Know we won games at Corning and at Wynne because the kids thought they were supposed to win when they stepped on the field...The last twelve years at Wynne we won a 119-28-3, that average about ten wins a year, some of the years we had great backs, especially in 2000-2001, with Antino Warren and DeAngelo Williams, but in the other years our backs were in the 4.6 and 4.7 range , they looked faster because they hit the trap so quick and ran hard....Their regular season record for those twelve year was 99-18-3, not bad, again they expected to win every time they stepped on the field , when you have that then you are hard to beat and fun to coach....Again the kids believed in our system and believed in me and for that I will always be grateful and cherish those special times with some great kids....

[/quote]
Quote from: 27 Trap on May 26, 2012, 09:17:27 am

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on May 31, 2012, 07:55:46 pm
Many Thank you's coach!  I agree 100% with what you said.  May God Bless you and keep you safe.   Hope your surgury is successful Tomorrow- in my continued prayers.........

Praying you are recovering well, and will be back to feeling 100% real soon!   Hope to see you posting more on FF about FOOTBALL!!!  Great knowledge to be learned from many wise men on FF.

DogsWin7

Hope you are doing ok..........God's speed in recovery.

tmycjy

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on June 14, 2012, 04:04:27 pm
Hope you are doing ok..........God's speed in recovery.

Same here from me coach

DogsWin7

how is this a sticky subject? 

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on June 27, 2012, 11:30:18 am
This thread will remain a stickied thread until I say otherwise. Not only is this thread easily a top five all time thread on fearless friday, it serves as point of contact for Coach Campbell to let us know how he's doing in his fight. I want it right up top for easy access.

DogsWin7

June 27, 2012, 03:17:23 pm #197 Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 03:23:43 pm by DiehardFBfan
Quote from: Eddie Goodson on June 27, 2012, 02:33:31 pm
This thread will remain a stickied thread until I say otherwise. Not only is this thread easily a top five all time thread on fearless friday, it serves as point of contact for Coach Campbell to let us know how he's doing in his fight. I want it right up top for easy access.

My sincere apologies.  I misunderstood sticky thread to imply that we were in trouble or being warned somehow posting well wishes and prayers to Coach Campbell.   It is THE top 5 thread imho.
Again very sorry.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on June 27, 2012, 03:17:23 pm

My sincere apologies.  I misunderstood sticky thread to imply that we were in trouble or being warned somehow posting well wishes and prayers to Coach Campbell.   It is THE top 5 thread imho.
Again very sorry.
No big deal. I've had to restick this thread a half dozen times. My response was more aimed at the mod who keeps unsticking it than you.

27 Trap

Went back to Doctor today, still have drain tube in, hope to get it out next week.....Had major surgery on June 1st, took about about 20% of liver, am home trying to get my strength back, going to take some time.....Keep me in your prayers.....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas