• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dardanelle vs. Subiaco. Lizard's Homecoming

Started by lizard1989, October 14, 2018, 04:34:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

lizard1989

Lizards should roll in this game and give some of the younger players some field time. Hope we have a great turnout for Homecoming

Gray lizard

With Subiaco coming off their highest point total for the year last week.  I think they have their offence rolling and look to spoil the homecoming parade for Dardanelle.  I also heard they plan to come smash all the pumpkins the band is selling on Union St. With the inside knowledge I have this may very well end up a one sided game.
I will go with Dardanelle by 42.

Lizard47

Homecoming against Subiaco, ahh ooh deja vu! Lizards roll and build depth for the post season. I am however impressed with Subi's offensive effort last week as well.

Trojanbird

lizard1989

Lizard47

Baller14

I didn't even know teams made a thread for the weeks they play subi...

Lizard47

I wasn't going to but 1989 did so here it is, lol

lizard1989

I think that every week we should show our support. Let the kids know that their games are important, regardless of the opponent.

x14113

Quote from: Baller14 on October 16, 2018, 05:35:22 pm
I didn't even know teams made a thread for the weeks they play subi...

Dardy fans make threads for when other teams play Subi.  ;D

lizard1989

Lizard47

Quote from: x14113 on October 17, 2018, 11:37:47 pm
Dardy fans make threads for when other teams play Subi.  ;D

I doubt that there is even one example of that ever

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: Lizard47 on October 18, 2018, 06:38:59 am
I doubt that there is even one example of that ever
Lol, X is right. Y'all don't follow along closely enough. Better topic is what can we expect from Subi in the coming years. Most competitive Varsity squad in a long time while they shut down the Jr High and anger the masses.  I think they need to declare at the end of this season whether they are going to 8 man across the board or not. I realize they struggle knowing what numbers they are going to field each season, but the remaining teams shouldn't share that struggle in making a schedule.

Gray lizard

Very true not much fun in sitting home on Thursday night when you have a boy playing.  4-4A needs to get Subiaco out of the conference.  They already mess it up on the girls side sports and that will never change. Now they have done it in jr high football. I don't think they field a 7th grade football team.  What is next?  They are just not a good school for the conference and I would like to see them out.

Trojanbird

I remember back in the day when Dardy would only win 3-4 games a year and were proud to get that win against Subiaco!

friscokid

Quote from: Gray lizard on October 18, 2018, 09:19:01 am
Very true not much fun in sitting home on Thursday night when you have a boy playing.  4-4A needs to get Subiaco out of the conference.  They already mess it up on the girls side sports and that will never change. Now they have done it in jr high football. I don't think they field a 7th grade football team.  What is next?  They are just not a good school for the conference and I would like to see them out.

Subiaco is grades 9-12 so they will never have 7th grade football.

Lizard47

I'm pretty sure our JH plays Trinity out of FS in Subi's place and they aren't any good either. I truly wish we had a better conference but Booneville keeps having to drop to 3A and geographically I'm not sure what the solution would ever be. Have to hope that most will start trending upward instead of downward. It's probably a big hope though given what's happening to Pottsville leaking talent out to another school. And Dover is so thin that a couple of injuries dramatically changes the course of their season. Robinson got out of the 4 and even though we beat them while they were here, look how far they've come since moving to the 7. All any of us can do is the very best we can do, along with scheduling better OOC games. People have to continue to support these programs and make them the kind of programs that produce and attract better atheletes.

Gray lizard

October 19, 2018, 08:06:53 am #17 Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 08:49:30 am by Gray lizard
Quote from: friscokid on October 18, 2018, 09:51:44 pm
Subiaco is grades 9-12 so they will never have 7th grade football.

Their web site states boarding school for boys 7-12 grade. I could be wrong but that is what their site states.

Sigmund Sauer

October 19, 2018, 08:31:56 am #18 Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 08:41:21 am by Sigmund Sauer
Quote from: Trojanbird on October 18, 2018, 09:37:42 pm
I remember back in the day when Dardy would only win 3-4 games a year and were proud to get that win against Subiaco!
Teams should be proud of EVERY win they get, whether it's a 1 win season or 10 win season. However, the goal for ALL programs should be to improve from year to year, 7-12. It's what the players deserve. Improve doesn't necessarily correlate to Wins and Losses, but numbers of players, interest from the community, packing the stands, giving hope for fielding a team at each level each season, etc.

HSfan

Subiaco does not field a 7th grade team. They only have about 10 7th graders enrolled in the school. The 7th graders that do play football play on Thursday nights, and many of them end up starting against other teams JR High teams.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas