• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Searcy @ Greenwood

Started by Topdog1, November 10, 2018, 08:28:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Topdog1

jeffslilbro

Surely you have answers by now, not just always questions

westmem

I'm going out on the limb
Searcy 48
GW.     45

RD™

That's one heck of a limb.

It's obvious from last week Searcy has NO DEFENSE. With that said, it's always rough off the bye week.

I'll go with
Greenwood 42
Searcy 14

jeffslilbro

Quote from: westmem on November 11, 2018, 02:48:00 pm
I'm going out on the limb
Searcy 48
GW.     45
get off that limb, it is dead.

westmem

Oldbomber

Defense is certainly Searcy's Achilles but they can put up points in a hurry.  I don't think they'll overcome their defensive inconsistency to pull out this game, I'm going to say Greenwood by at least 14.

WeRAllFans

Searcy has won 5 of last 6 games. Scored 145 points in last 3 games. BUT, I would not want to play Greenwood......especially after a 2 week rest. My prediction:

Searcy 7
Greenwood 48

So which will be the closest game?

Sylvan Hills @ Marion
Pine Bluff @ West Memphis
Jonesboro @ Benton

I say PB @ WM

High Voltage

Greenwood struggles early then settles in and wins in a shockingly close game.

The Future

I think the Benton Jonesboro game will be the most lopsided.
Benton wins by 35 and doesn't look back.

Greenwood I think has a bit of bye hangover but will get the mercy rule going the second half. And Searcy could get a score in late if Jones puts in a lot of backups.
Greenwood 42
Searcy 14

Marion and Sylvan Hills I say is the contender or pretender game for Sylvan Hills. Was their win against Russellville legit and do they belong in that second tier listing in the 6A? Or was it a fluke win and will Marion destroy them. I'll go Marion winning but it could be a close one or a blow out.

West Memphis and Pine Bluff I agree will be the closest game. It's also the game with the best chance of being an upset.
I'm going West Memphis by 10

The Future

November 16, 2018, 11:14:15 pm #10 Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 11:15:53 pm by The Future
Definitely was wrong on the Benton Jonesboro game. Heck of a comeback. Congrats to Benton.

Congrats to Sylvan Hills as well. They're proving they have what it takes to be a legitimate threat. They've certainly exceeded my expectations.

Figured Pine Bluff would keep it closer but the injury bug can hurt even the best teams.

Only thing I was somewhat correct on was Greenwood's slight hangover during the first quarter. But give credit to Searcy. They played hard and played well. Just couldn't get to the end zone.

With this shut out and the last one against Lake Hamilton, it's the first time under Jones' tenure that we've had two in a row. We had 3 in a row in 2002 under Welch against Huntsville Greenbrier and Clarksville.

Pr8hd

November 18, 2018, 07:46:31 pm #11 Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 07:48:11 pm by Pr8hd
Need to make mention of this because it's worth mentioning in regards to the representation from Searcy Friday night....

There is a social media post circulating that does a much better job, but evidently. Some of the Searcy students made quite an impression on the a lot of the GW fans and students way they carried themselves. They went out of their way to cheer and encourage the other GW half time performers and their attitudes were sincere and genuinely heartfelt. They set a great example for young kids. So, I just wanted to give a shout out to the Searcy students and contingent that the represented their community in such a positive way. The team played hard as well, I can see why they are getting better results because they had some athletes and could make some plays for sure even if the scoreboard didn't show it.

Kudos to the Searcy Lions. Best of luck in your upcoming seasons.

beaverfan007

Green wood - we state final

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas