• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Proposed 3A 2018 football conferences.

Started by Proud Buckaroo, June 07, 2017, 01:10:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Proud Buckaroo

June 07, 2017, 01:10:59 pm Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 02:04:29 pm by B.G.
Rumor has it that football conferences have been set....

Changes:

Charleston to 3A-1. (depends on who moved in with them but things just got easier for them if this stays true.)

Baptist Prep go 3A-4. (Geographically correct in this stand point. )

ECS and Dollarway to 3A-6. (this is going to be a FUN conference.)

Speculation on my part, but that would make it appear that Fouke and Genoa will get to go to 3A-5 without the means to appeal this next cycle.

I say that because Haskell to 4A and ECS to 3A-6 opens two spots in that conference.

3A-6 loses fordyce and JC to 2A..Fouke and Genoa to 3A-5.

Spectulations:

Smackover.
Mcgehee.
Drew Central.
dollarway.
Lake village. 
Rison.
CHG.
ECS. (This is interesting. Third conference change in last three cycles. But this works out better.)

Yellville is going to be thanking JC so much for winning the appeal. Them moving up to 3A will save on their travel time by so much.

Let the discussion begin.

beach bum

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 07, 2017, 01:10:59 pm
Rumor has it that football conferences have been set....

Yellville is going to be thanking JC so much for winning the appeal. Them moving up to 3A will save on their travel time by so much.

I think Yellville is not happy with JC.... They could have been playing bottom feeder 4-2A programs such as Decatur, Western Yell, and one or two others they could have beat in their 2A conference, but now will have to be in the 1-3A or 4-3A. They could have scraped the playoffs in 2A but have no shot at the playoffs as a 3A school.

Proud Buckaroo

Yeah, I can understand that part. BUT. Think about this geographically. They are about to save on travel big time.

beach bum

June 07, 2017, 01:45:17 pm #3 Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 01:48:04 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 07, 2017, 01:37:57 pm
Yeah, I can understand that part. BUT. Think about this geographically. They are about to save on travel big time.

I actually take back what I said, I just saw they are in the 2-3A and that conference is hands down the easiest new 3A conference. Look how soft that is compared to the new 1-3A. And you are spot on they are in with those other central Arkansas teams so it is a win, win with travel too like you said

beach bum

CLASS 3A
1-3A: Booneville, Cedarville, Charleston, Greenland, Lamar, Mansfield, Paris, West Fork
2-3A: Cedar Ridge, Clinton, Harding Academy, Marshall, Melbourne, Mountain View, Rose Bud, Yellville-Summit
3-3A: Corning, Harrisburg, Hoxie, Manila, Newport, Osceola, Piggott, Walnut Ridge
4-3A: Atkins, Baptist Prep, Danville, Glen Rose, Jessieville, Mayflower, Perryville, Two Rivers
5-3A: Bismarck, Camden Harmony Grove, Centerpoint, Fouke, Genoa Central, Horatio, Prescott, Smackover
6-3A: Barton, Drew Central, Episcopal Collegiate, Lake Village, McGehee, Palestine-Wheatley, Pine Bluff Dollarway, Rison

beach bum

June 07, 2017, 01:53:30 pm #5 Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 02:00:16 pm by beach bum
-The 1-3A is loaded, even their 6 seed could be decent competition
-The 2-3A is absolutely soft after Harding, its 4 seed could maybe be a 7 seed in the new 1-3A
-The 3-3A will lose some spunk without Rivercrest
-The 4-3A has balance, a little power at the top, normal in the middle, and cupcakes at the bottom
-The 5-3A has balance in its league too, there is some power at the top
-The 6-3A will have some might with its playoff teams, but the bottom is really bad

Proud Buckaroo

3A-5 and 3A-6 is just a big mess. In my opinion. Lol.

beach bum

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 07, 2017, 01:59:17 pm
3A-5 and 3A-6 is just a big mess. In my opinion. Lol.

Smackover and Prescott will be a fun conference matchup.... Rison and Dollarway bring interest to the new 6-3A.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: beach bum on June 07, 2017, 02:01:16 pm
Smackover and Prescott will be a fun conference matchup.... Rison and Dollarway bring interest to the new 6-3A.

I agree. I've always enjoyed playing Prescott. They are definitely a high power team. I look forward to being able to play them again.

HorseFeathers

At first look I was irritated cause it looks like a mess...BUT I definitely applaud the AAA for stepping out on a limb and blowing up the "traditional" conferences and trying something new

XFalkonz

Quote from: beach bum on June 07, 2017, 01:49:09 pm
CLASS 3A
1-3A: Booneville, Cedarville, Charleston, Greenland, Lamar, Mansfield, Paris, West Fork
2-3A: Cedar Ridge, Clinton, Harding Academy, Marshall, Melbourne, Mountain View, Rose Bud, Yellville-Summit
3-3A: Corning, Harrisburg, Hoxie, Manila, Newport, Osceola, Piggott, Walnut Ridge
4-3A: Atkins, Baptist Prep, Danville, Glen Rose, Jessieville, Mayflower, Perryville, Two Rivers
5-3A: Bismarck, Camden Harmony Grove, Centerpoint, Fouke, Genoa Central, Horatio, Prescott, Smackover
6-3A: Barton, Drew Central, Episcopal Collegiate, Lake Village, McGehee, Palestine-Wheatley, Pine Bluff Dollarway, Rison
Is this the official proposal or speculation

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: XFalkonz on June 07, 2017, 03:05:16 pm
Is this the official proposal or speculation

This is official. Looks like fouke and genoa get to go to 3A-5. But they're bringing us with you.

XFalkonz

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 07, 2017, 03:28:17 pm
This is official. Looks like fouke and genoa get to go to 3A-5. But they're bringing us with you.
That's fine....as long as those 4-4.5 hour one way drives are gone

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: XFalkonz on June 07, 2017, 04:28:18 pm

That's fine....as long as those 4-4.5 hour one way drives are gone

Look forward to continuing the games between GC/fouke and Smackover.

XFalkonz

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 07, 2017, 04:30:30 pm
Look forward to continuing the games between GC/fouke and Smackover.
Contrary to what many might think..playing smackover is a good thing fornour program...they are a strong program that only makes our kids better by playing against them. And...it isn't on the other side of the state from us

HorseFeathers

Quote from: XFalkonz on June 07, 2017, 04:38:34 pm
Contrary to what many might think..playing smackover is a good thing fornour program...they are a strong program that only makes our kids better by playing against them. And...it isn't on the other side of the state from us

Just halfway 8)

HG Hornet

Quote from: beach bum on June 07, 2017, 01:49:09 pm
CLASS 3A
I like this lineup for the 5-3A.  Prescott will most likely be the favorite the first year of this, but they'll have some tough competition. 

Proud Buckaroo

beach bum

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: beach bum on June 08, 2017, 05:44:21 pm
Thanks PB, I was looking forward to seeing the basketball conferences as well!

Those are not set in stone though

Because mixed conferences are being voted on in July.

biglion1985

I know this a football thread but honestly I hope they keep the blended conference in basketball

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas