• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7A State Bracket

Started by Brian G, January 31, 2018, 10:12:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

Razorback Red

You all know I'm a 7A West guy, but I'm not very optimistic on the West in the playoffs again this year.  I will be shocked if a West team makes the final, prob more likely that 4 teams from Central are in the semi's. 

Brian G

businesstron

Quote from: Razorback Red on February 01, 2018, 07:29:17 pm
You all know I'm a 7A West guy, but I'm not very optimistic on the West in the playoffs again this year.  I will be shocked if a West team makes the final, prob more likely that 4 teams from Central are in the semi's. 

I think atleast one west team can crack the finals.  My money is on Harber or maybe Fayetteville.  It all depends on who they matchup with.  The championship will probably be Northside and North Little Rock again.  Conway could break in there though. 

Brian G

Anyone hear a team is asking for a bracket time change to accommodate a conflict with their players and another event?

4real

Quote from: businesstron on February 02, 2018, 06:26:41 pm
I think atleast one west team can crack the finals.  My money is on Harber or maybe Fayetteville.  It all depends on who they matchup with.  The championship will probably be Northside and North Little Rock again.  Conway could break in there though. 
If you put your money anywhere on this tourney, don't put it on a west team

businesstron

Quote from: 4real on February 22, 2018, 12:19:33 pm
If you put your money anywhere on this tourney, don't put it on a west team

That's wise advice but I've seen weird stuff happen before.   I remember a couple of years ago in Payton Willis and Malik Monk's senior year.  Going into the tournament it looked like it was destined to be an all west final.  A trematch between Bentonville and  Fayetteville.   Overall the west looked like the better conference  going in.  Fayetteville ended up being beat by Bryant and Cabot came from no where to win the whole thing.   

I think it'll come down to matchups.  Like I said I think NLR (as long as they avoid Conway) and Northside should make it to Semi but those other two teams could be anybody.  I think Fayetteville and Harber can atleast compete with Bryant, Cabot,Southside, or heck even Conway.   Springdale also could be the 1st 6th seed i can think of those swept the conference champs. 

Well find out next week though....  I'm ready to see the brackets.

4real

It would be a lot more fun if the west had some talent, or size, or great shooting. Something that stands out and makes you go, wow, they are really strong at this or that. But I don't believe that is the case. 

Brian G

WillC

Quote from: businesstron on February 22, 2018, 03:53:40 pm
That's wise advice but I've seen weird stuff happen before.   I remember a couple of years ago in Payton Willis and Malik Monk's senior year.  Going into the tournament it looked like it was destined to be an all west final.  A trematch between Bentonville and  Fayetteville.   Overall the west looked like the better conference  going in.  Fayetteville ended up being beat by Bryant and Cabot came from no where to win the whole thing.   

I think it'll come down to matchups.  Like I said I think NLR (as long as they avoid Conway) and Northside should make it to Semi but those other two teams could be anybody.  I think Fayetteville and Harber can atleast compete with Bryant, Cabot,Southside, or heck even Conway.   Springdale also could be the 1st 6th seed i can think of those swept the conference champs. 

Well find out next week though....  I'm ready to see the brackets.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I thought the three best 7A teams that year were in the West (Fayetteville, Bentonville, VB). Fay got upset and the other two made a fantastic semifinal.

AT

Girls

Central - 56
Har-Ber - 35

Final

AT

Boys

Springdale - 51
Bryant - 38

Final

AT

Interesting, the 7A West Boys champs, Fayetteville, have to play the only team to sweep them (Springdale) for their first game.

AT

Girls

Springdale - 56
Southside - 48

Final

AT

Boys

Bentonville - 46
Cabot - 37

Final

AT

On the boys side at least, the West certainly is closer (maybe above) to the Central than thought by some.

AT

Girls

Van Buren - 61
Bryant - 32

Final

AT

7A Girls Bracket After Day 1

Fayetteville
Central

North Little Rock
Springdale

Conway
Van Buren

Bentonville
Winner of Northside/Rogers

AT

Boys

Southside - 53
Bentonville West - 50

end of 3Q

AT

Boys

Bentonville West - 72
Southside - 62

Final

AT

7A Boys Bracket After Day 1:

Fayetteville
Springdale

Northside
Bentonville

North Little Rock
Bentonville West

Har-Ber
Conway/Rogers Heritage

AT

Girls

Northside - 14
Rogers - 7

end of 1Q

BigLion10

Girls

Northside 28
Rogers 14

Half

AT

Girls

Northside - 42
Rogers - 25

end of 3Q

AT

Girls

Northside - 56
Rogers - 37

FINAL

AT

Boys

Conway - 6
Rogers Heritage - 5

end of 1Q

AT

Boys

Rogers Heritage - 18
Conway - 12

Halftime

AT

Boys

Rogers Heritage - 27
Conway - 22

end of 3Q

AT

Boys

Rogers Heritage - 46
Conway - 43

Final

AT

Boys

Marion - 79
Sheridan - 61

Final

AT

Girls

Central - 28
Fayetteville - 21

Halftime

AT

Girls

Central - 32
Fayetteville - 29

end of 3Q

AT

Girls

Central - 38
Fayetteville - 36

:54 4Q

AT

Girls

Central - 42
Fayetteville - 40

Final

Looks like the Central crowd was right on the girls side!

AT

Boys

Fayetteville - 12
Springdale - 12

end of 1Q

AT

Boys

Fayetteville - 20
Springdale - 19

Halftime

AT

Boys

Fayetteville - 39
Springdale - 29

end of 3Q

AT

Boys

Fayetteville - 52
Springdale - 44

FINAL

Fayetteville beats Sdale at the right time.

AT

Girls

North Little Rock - 17
Springdale - 10

1st Q

AT

Girls

North Little Rock - 32
Springdale - 22

Halftime

AT

Girls

North Little Rock - 47
Springdale - 33

end of 3Q

AT

Girls

North Little Rock - 62
Springdale - 46

Final

AT

Boys

Northside - 23
Bentonville - 17

5:46 2Q

AT

Boys

Northside - 42
Bentonville - 23

Halftime

AT

Boys

Northside - 58
Bentonville - 36

end of 3Q

AT

Boys

Northside - 69
Bentonville - 42

Final

AT

7A Boys Bracket After Day 2:

Fayetteville
Northside

North Little Rock/Bentonville West
Har-Ber/Rogers Heritage

AT

7A Girls Bracket After Day 2:

Central
North Little Rock

Conway/Van Buren
Bentonville/Northside

AB™

GIRLS

Northside - 29
Bentonville - 15

HALF

AB™

Girls

Northside -   63
Bentonville - 53

FINAL

Bentonville was scrappy until the end.  The last 4-5 minutes of the fourth quarter they had two little spurts to turn a 15ish point lead into a single digit lead after forcing a few turnovers and making two or three three-pointers. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas