• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Carlisle Lady Bison

Started by HoopKing, September 08, 2016, 01:25:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HoopKing

What is going on with this program?  Are they a contender now?  I hear the coach kicked some kids off the team last spring who didn't want to buy into the new culture he was trying to create.  I hear he is running the crap out of them and they are killing each other in practice.  People close to the program say the team is more focused and hungrier than they have been since they won the back to back state championships.  Practices are intense and very physical.  Anybody else hearing anything?

Bildo

Nothing has changed. Coach is still doing a great job teaching and motivating. Some additions and subtractions as with any other program. If we are having this discussion in March, then I guess it would be worth discussing but as of now.... It's just kids playing basketball. Until then, we're just gonna enjoy watching our kids play.

Ventman

I'm ready to see these girls this year, I know they have been or practicing hard and will be ready when the season starts. Boys team should be much improved this year also!

Ventman

I'm ready to see these girls this year, I know they have been or practicing hard and will be ready when the season starts. Boys team should be much improved this year also!

Bildo

No doubt that there is a lot of excitement. I personally am ready for the season to start. Many changes have been made in the scheduling (1A/2A consolidation) that will give a different look to the season. Not playing teams that you have played for years, then possibly meeting them in your district tournament, will take some adjustment. I will say that there seems to be more maturity and teamwork.These girls want to make the state tournament...

Bildo

Mark your calendars for Tuesday November 8th. The Lady Bison will take on the Maumelle Lady Hornets.(JG, JVG & SG). The Lady Hornets are coached by none other than William Rountree, former Carlisle Bison and Lady Bison coach. No boys teams will play that night nor were they scheduled because of football playoff possibilities. We are very proud to be honoring our State Championship teams from 2006-2007 & 2007-2008. It is the 10 year anniversary of the first of back to back state championship teams.

HoopKing

I am ready for this season to get started!!  Has anyone seen them Practice lately?  It's about 3 weeks away.

Bildo

The season is getting closer. We will see what to expect this year when the Lady Bison play in the LR Fair jamboree on November 5th. They will square off against 5A Sylvan Hills and defending 5A State Champion Watson Chapel. Should be a good indication on what to expect.

HoopKing

Just watched the Lady Bison black and gold scrimmage.  They looked good.  Ran up and down the floor better than they ever have. Played defense and made shots with hands in their faces.  This could be a good run.  This program is turning around.

mustang12

How is the program turning around? Haven't they won the conference for the last 5-6 years?

HoopKing

The proper wording would have been that they are ready to get back in state tournament.

HoopKing

I saw where they almost beat Jessieville in the finals of a tournament.  I think their record is 5-2, but they are getting better every game.  I can't wait to see if they are legit or not.  I won't get to see them play until they play at Lonoke.

HoopKing

Bildo

The Lady Bison may not have played their best Friday and Saturday night, but won two games away from home at Clarendon and Lonoke. They are nursing some injuries to 3-4 players and the break is much welcomed. They will play their next game in the Goldfish Classic in Lonoke against Des Arc at 11am on Tuesday December 27th.

lionfan59

Was really impressed with them this week. Bright future for sure.

Bildo

Thanks for that. They play with a lot of heart

Bildo

The Lady Bison win their 10th in a row to improve to 21-3 with a win over England last night. They will host Hazen Thursday.

HoopKing

HoopKing

I think at small schools you shouldn't play a baseball game when your girls basketball team is playing in the state quarterfinals. Carlisle girls are playing #1 quitman and the baseball team is at home playing.  I bet you he wouldn't be allowed to play a basketball game on the same night as a state football playoff game.  I think it's a lack of respect for girls athletics and that basketball program.

BigLion10

Quitman boys playing in England right now

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: HoopKing on March 02, 2017, 05:06:12 pm
I think at small schools you shouldn't play a baseball game when your girls basketball team is playing in the state quarterfinals. Carlisle girls are playing #1 quitman and the baseball team is at home playing.  I bet you he wouldn't be allowed to play a basketball game on the same night as a state football playoff game.  I think it's a lack of respect for girls athletics and that basketball program.

Unless Nostradamus was in charge of scheduling, I don't think anyone could foresee there would be a conflict.  I guess you could ask the baseball team to forfeit but that doesn't seem right.  Sounds like quite a quandary.

Ventman

Congrats Lady Bison on an awesome season!

Cheek

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on March 02, 2017, 07:08:36 pm
Unless Nostradamus was in charge of scheduling, I don't think anyone could foresee there would be a conflict.  I guess you could ask the baseball team to forfeit but that doesn't seem right.  Sounds like quite a quandary.

England won 13-1. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas