• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Altheimer at Hughes 1/31

Started by herws, January 28, 2006, 10:53:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

herws

Should be a good one at Hughes Tuesday.

ColonelReb

i really wish i could go watch these 2 powerhouses play! it would be a treat to go

Lions_W.G.

ColonelReb

herws

I have a hunch Hughes will play well.  They should have beaten Earle and were up in the last minute. If they win this game, look out. Confidence will be where it needs to be and right now I think that is the key for a title run.

urban legend

I'll actually be at the Pine Bluff-Watson Chapel game, but I've got a buddy who's going to keep me updated throughout. I was there for the first game, and this should be even better, depending on which Hughes team shows up.

herwschamp

This will be a pretty good game for hughes with Marcus Washington not playing.But Hughes will pull threw it at home. Hughes must max Altimer by 7 or more.

HOGDOG

basketballfan00000

What is the deal with Washington not playing?????
That is a big hit!!!  Brown will have to have 30 if they are going to win now.

urban legend

Washington had a pretty good game the last time they played. It'll hurt him if he's not out there. With that said, I've gotta go with Altheimer because I think they'll be able to neutralize Brown more than they did the first game. They won't stop him, just contain him some. The role players is who'll have to step up for Hughes and I'm not sure they'll get enough out of them to be able to do it.

herws

January 31, 2006, 10:18:30 am #10 Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 01:10:34 pm by herws
Idon't exactly what happened, but he has been very sick lately, I bet that is what it is.. I still think Hughes will pull this out. They don't lose at Hughes that often. Kevin Brown is going to have to get off, but Hughes is going to have to realize that EVERYTHING needs to go through him first.

basketballfan00000

I'll tell you this about Hughes from the couple of games I saw and from what HERWS has said.. the only way Brown (and Hughes) gets stopped in this one is if the role players decided they do not want Brown to touch the ball or they try to become a hero.  If they pump it inside game over....Altheimer is one of those teams unable to match up with them.

ColonelReb

herws

Quote from: basketballfan00000 on January 31, 2006, 10:18:32 am
I'll tell you this about Hughes from the couple of games I saw and from what HERWS has said.. the only way Brown (and Hughes) gets stopped in this one is if the role players decided they do not want Brown to touch the ball or they try to become a hero. If they pump it inside game over....Altheimer is one of those teams unable to match up with them.

That is exactly right. If the role players will realize their points will come from Kevin's attention, they will be fine from here on out. Kevin is a terrific passer and has a good feel for the game of basketball.

John M.

Who is the 1 team that could come out of this region and knock off either Hughes or Altheimer?

herws

John M.

So these 2 teams are head and shoulders above the rest?

I know BIC and Earle are clearly the best in their region but a Maynard,Riverside,Bay,or Turrell could pull a surprise.No teams like that for Hughes and Altheimer?

herws

I don't know how good, HA, Carlisle, or Augusta are. Elaine good wake up and scare them but  I doubt it.

HOGDOG

herws

January 31, 2006, 11:10:30 pm #19 Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 11:15:55 pm by herws
Altheimer by 10. Kevin Brown of Hughes had 40 points.

Kevin Brown is good. I am not saying that because I am from Hughes.  He just dropped 40 on number 2 in AA. So when I make a comparison as to a match-up I want to see (bballfan36), I stand behind what I say.

John M.

Quote from: herws on January 31, 2006, 10:18:30 am
Idon't exactly what happened, but he has been very sick lately, I bet that is what it is.. I still think Hughes will pull this out. They don't lose at Hughes that often. Kevin Brown is going to have to get off, but Hughes is going to have to realize that EVERYTHING needs to go through him first.

It looks like everything went through Brown and they still lost at home.Does Brown have enough around to make a serious run at state?

herws

Hughes has the most talent of any AA team in the state, but right now, that's about it.

Wraith

Well you can't say one playe rmade a difference, but did Marcus Washington play?  He is a very good athlete and with his presence not only on offense, but defense.  Could they have won or at least made the game within 3-4?

herws

urban legend

Hey herws, where is the district tournament being played? I'm thinking Elaine, but I'm not sure.

herws

44killer

Im from hughes im going to give #20, 23, 1 some prop. # 20 was cold

Lions_W.G.

Quote from: 44killer on February 02, 2006, 12:14:25 pm
Im from hughes im going to give #20, 23, 1 some prop. # 20 was cold
yea, they were good. #20(point guard) is Darnell Manuel and #1(shooting guard) is A.J., once he starts hitting, it's game over!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas