• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Junction City 2015

Started by IPROFB, February 19, 2015, 10:45:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

IPROFB

Will Junction City repeat in 2015?

elvis26

;D I believe they will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! go dragons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HorseFeathers

I heard that they are being forced to compete in Louisiana next year...any truth to this?

mhfcharlesi

the word is they picked up haynesville on their schedule..

Wilson

Yes and the media from Shreveport to Ruston over the Monroe/West Monroe is already talking about that game. . . i just wish last years teams would have played at Independence Stadium like the early rumor had them playing

Ventman

bleudog

February 26, 2015, 11:23:56 am #6 Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 11:28:25 am by bleudog
Quote from: IPROFB on February 19, 2015, 10:45:30 am
Will Junction City repeat in 2015?

Quote from: Ventman on February 26, 2015, 11:10:25 am
No repeat in 2015.

Don't know about the repeat, but the worse any Dragon team has finished over the last 12 years Calpreps has rated Arkansas teams is #8.

2003   1
2004   5
2005   6
2006   2
2007   3
2008   1
2009   1
2010   8
2011   3
2012   1
2013   1
2014   1
AVG   2.75

I would guess there's a good chance the Dragons will give a deep playoff run a good scare.  Who knows, a 2015 trip to Little Rock could happen.  Past results are not a guarantee of future performance, but there have been 7 trips to WMS over that 12 year period.

Loyalfan1

Quote from: mhfcharlesi on February 20, 2015, 11:02:36 am
concrete fact?

bleudog

Quote from: Loyalfan1 on February 26, 2015, 11:41:41 am
Quote from: mhfcharlesi on February 20, 2015, 11:02:36 am
concrete fact?

Quote from: Wilson on February 04, 2015, 10:57:22 pm
Shreveport media is already talking about the Haynesville/JC matchup this fall

and Dancy also got a lot of love from the Shprt media including Tim Fletcher on his radio show this morning calling Dancy the steal of the year for La Tech just like Dixon was in the class of 2012

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Ventman on February 26, 2015, 11:10:25 am
No repeat in 2015.

jc will prolly win state again just won't  be as many blow outs on the way to the title

#HTO

I hope JC's cheatin butt program falls apart. Recruitment at a high school is BS. Let's be real. Had a great team this past year but who wouldn't if they were allowed to recruit.

Dragon I

THA TRUTH

Could u imagine if jc did recruit though good lord

bleudog

February 27, 2015, 11:23:45 am #13 Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 12:20:34 pm by bleudog
Quote from: #HTO on February 27, 2015, 02:29:59 am
I hope JC's cheatin butt program falls apart. Recruitment at a high school is BS. Let's be real. Had a great team this past year but who wouldn't if they were allowed to recruit.

Let's be real about why you're chapped.

2007-11-09           L, 0 - 45
2014-12-13           L, 6 - 38

And #H, assuming you're the kid you seem to be, get mommy and daddy to move within 6-9 miles of campus or execute a legal transfer and you too can be a Dragon. ;D

IPROFB

Is it really 'recruiting' or do kids cross the border just because they have a solid tradition of winning?

BigBrother

What jc has is an excellent head start program. The coaches evaluate all 4 year olds in a 50 mile radius. They then submit their reports and only students with a 75%physical superiority rating can enter jc public school system. Very similar to the Spartan agoge system. THERES TALK OF EXTENDING THE RANGE TO 100 miles. Well HTO name 1 jc recruit. Just 1. Or shut thy piehole .

bleudog

February 27, 2015, 04:32:04 pm #16 Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 04:37:21 pm by bleudog
Quote from: IPROFB on February 27, 2015, 11:24:14 am
Is it really 'recruiting' or do kids cross the border just because they have a solid tradition of winning?

I understand the point you're making that successful programs attract without having to solicit, but Ward 9 kids "cross the border" because JC is the public school closest to their front door.  If a kid lives in Ward 9, that kid goes to JC.  In most cases, their parents crossed the border, their grandparents crossed the border. and their great grandparents crossed the border.  The football success correlates less to LA kids (who have been there for 80+ years) and more to David Carpenter's arrival in the mid to late 90s. 

The NEC charter school does open the opportunity to get Union Parish kids back in the system up to charter enrollment limitations, but any kid coming into the program from that route is subject to the 365 rule and would be leaving a pretty sucessful football program at Union (fka Farmerville) High School.

Lions84

It shows that Carpenter as good as his talent is; cause at Clarendon he stunk it up. But I expect him to lead this Jr College talented Team to another 2A state title.

THA TRUTH

Carpenter wasn't at Clarendon long enough to establish what he has at jc with the weight program and all

THA TRUTH

He also came to Clarendon and had a 3-7 year then got them to 8-4 the next

cuz

Quote from: Lions84 on March 04, 2015, 02:24:58 pm
It shows that Carpenter as good as his talent is; cause at Clarendon he stunk it up. But I expect him to lead this Jr College talented Team to another 2A state title.
L84 your more mature than this or you should be?

WPWells

He told me to get a life the other day. Looks like I'm not the only one...

bigworm

I dont mean this as a slap or anything other than a question. Just a simple question. Does arkansas pay the 7500 (or whatever the amount is) for the ward 9 kids?

bleudog

Quote from: bigworm on March 09, 2015, 12:35:18 am
I dont mean this as a slap or anything other than a question. Just a simple question. Does arkansas pay the 7500 (or whatever the amount is) for the ward 9 kids?

No.  The Ward 9 kids are reported to the ADE as "out-of-state" and that's a category not eligible for Arkansas funding.

dragondad

Quote from: bleudog on March 09, 2015, 06:28:30 am
Quote from: bigworm on March 09, 2015, 12:35:18 am

No.  The Ward 9 kids are reported to the ADE as "out-of-state" and that's a category not eligible for Arkansas funding.

They also don't count towards our minimum enrollment but do count on the towards determining classification. If I'm not mistaken, Bleu would know better than I do.

Wilson

We lie, we cheat, we steal. . . . .we lie, we cheat, we steal

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Wilson on March 21, 2015, 09:12:27 pm

We lie, we cheat, we steal. . . . .we lie, we cheat, we steal

I hear you actually stole the jet you use to recruit in

Wilson

Yes. .  it was aquired in a less than legit game of Texas Hold'em from a Saudi prince in Dubai . .    its pretty swank ;)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Wilson on March 21, 2015, 10:18:55 pm
Yes. .  it was aquired in a less than legit game of Texas Hold'em from a Saudi prince in Dubai . .    its pretty swank ;)

Is it true the winning hand involved 5 Aces?

bleudog

March 21, 2015, 11:36:09 pm #29 Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 11:39:48 pm by bleudog
Quote from: HF on March 21, 2015, 11:09:03 pm
Quote from: Wilson on March 21, 2015, 10:18:55 pm
Yes. .  it was acquired in a less than legit game of Texas Hold'em from a Saudi prince in Dubai . .    its pretty swank ;)

Is it true the winning hand involved 5 Aces?

Can't confirm (or deny) the winning hand, but I understand that sheik fellow did make the mistake of letting W use the deck left to W by his late, great uncle Justin.

;)

Wilson

5 Of a kind.   yes.   epic hand. . .and like uncle Justin. . i too am ashamed to say i have never been able to teach any of my Labrador retrievers how to swim ;)

cuz

Quote from: Wilson on March 22, 2015, 02:11:02 am
5 Of a kind.   yes.   epic hand. . .and like uncle Justin. . i too am ashamed to say i have never been able to teach any of my Labrador retrievers how to swim ;)
For Shore.....

Tigerdad2

Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 04, 2015, 03:16:41 pm
He also came to Clarendon and had a 3-7 year then got them to 8-4 the next
Since 2001 Clarendon has not won more than 6 games in one season. He did something right when he was there. PW, Clarendon and Brinkley and throw in Earle could all be like JC if they had the right coach. It isn't easy to do what JC does, otherwise the 4 schools I listed would be doing it too

Tigerdad2

Sorry in 05 I believe they won 7. When did Carpenter coach there?

bleudog

March 22, 2015, 08:53:23 pm #34 Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 05:01:22 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Tigerdad2 on March 22, 2015, 07:08:09 pm
Sorry in 05 I believe they won 7. When did Carpenter coach there?

'87-'88-'89

Here's the press release for his 200th win.  Page 5 shows all 200 wins (wins 5 thru 16 were at Clarendon):  CLICK HERE

Tigerdad2

Wilson

What's really funny about the whole deal is that these people either aren't aware of because of either they weren't born yet or just good ol idiocy that Coach Carpenter didn't immediately start winning 12 games a year and making state title runs as soon as he got to JC.   even with all this overwhelming talent people talk of. . they need to look at his win totals his first 5 or 6 seasons at JC. . JC was a dumpster fire basically when he arrived. . it took a while to change the culture .   .to get the weight program installed . . .and if you talk recruiting. . how do you recruit a kid to a team that went 1-9 and at the time horrible facilities . . .if its that easy to bring kids in then Temple and New Mexico should be able to turn their program around any day now right? . . its called coaching. . establishing a program . . .getting the kids to buy in to the "process "  from the 7th grade up

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Wilson on March 22, 2015, 10:32:32 pm
What's really funny about the whole deal is that these people either aren't aware of because of either they weren't born yet or just good ol idiocy that Coach Carpenter didn't immediately start winning 12 games a year and making state title runs as soon as he got to JC.   even with all this overwhelming talent people talk of. . they need to look at his win totals his first 5 or 6 seasons at JC. . JC was a dumpster fire basically when he arrived. . it took a while to change the culture .   .to get the weight program installed . . .and if you talk recruiting. . how do you recruit a kid to a team that went 1-9 and at the time horrible facilities . . .if its that easy to bring kids in then Temple and New Mexico should be able to turn their program around any day now right? . . its called coaching. . establishing a program . . .getting the kids to buy in to the "process "  from the 7th grade up

It's starting before 7th grade nowadays. We just don't have the athletes in des arc, yes we have some kids that will play with heart and give you all They have, but we are short on athleticism, that's something that's not really coach able.

dragondad

Pick, I agree....and then I don't. You might not can coach size, or the fastest speed, but I believe with the right coach and a kid that has the heart, and both having the same desire to accomplish the same goal....almost anything can be taught. Strength, skill, speed, all of it. It's about teaching/coaching and training the right way....every day.   Blind men can be taught to read, men with no arms can play the piano; people are taught or learn things everyday that most others would think they can't do. They're taught to use one advantage to overcome a disadvantage. If the kid truly wants it, and the coach is willing to invest the time and effort....great things can, and do,  happen.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: dragondad on March 23, 2015, 12:18:41 am
Pick, I agree....and then I don't. You might not can coach size, or the fastest speed, but I believe with the right coach and a kid that has the heart, and both having the same desire to accomplish the same goal....almost anything can be taught. Strength, skill, speed, all of it. It's about teaching/coaching and training the right way....every day.   Blind men can be taught to read, men with no arms can play the piano; people are taught or learn things everyday that most others would think they can't do. They're taught to use one advantage to overcome a disadvantage. If the kid truly wants it, and the coach is willing to invest the time and effort....great things can, and do,  happen.

It's kinda like painting though, sometimes the beginning canvas plays a part in the finished product.

Dragon I

You might can teach a guy with no arms to play the piano, but can you teach him to catch a pass?  Maybe.  I doubt he would be able to catch one in the middle of the field in traffic though.  It takes both. 

dragondad

March 23, 2015, 09:45:51 am #41 Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 09:47:40 am by dragondad
Quote from: Dragon I on March 23, 2015, 07:47:07 am
You might can teach a guy with no arms to play the piano, but can you teach him to catch a pass?  Maybe.  I doubt he would be able to catch one in the middle of the field in traffic though.  It takes both.

Not really a good analogy. We're not discussing amputees playing football, the post was about capitalizing on one advantage to overcome a disadvantage. Like a slower kid using size or strength, a kid that's not as strong using skill in a learned technique, or a kid with less skill using strength, size, or speed. Are there kids out there that are disadvantaged in all areas, sure there are, but to use it as an excuse for an attire football team is close to absurd. Lack of heart or desire from the kids or coaches? That's the issue, not an overall lack of ability. 

dragondad

March 23, 2015, 10:03:35 am #42 Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 10:05:39 am by dragondad
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 23, 2015, 07:01:09 am
Quote from: dragondad on March 23, 2015, 12:18:41 am

It's kinda like painting though, sometimes the beginning canvas plays a part in the finished product.

Depends on how you look at it. van Gogh might agree, but Warhol would not. Rodin may agree but Whiteread definitely would not.  Four totally different styles, yet all are amazing artists. 

THA TRUTH

If u get a hard worker with the right program it can take people to new heights take two people for instance jj watt and the Kevin Payne from jc jj watt was a 2 star walk on that was lucky to get on with Wisconsin but with his attitude and Herberts workout program u see where he is now and then KP he isnt the best football player to come through jc but he is one that worked the hardest by far and u see what got him to the league yes it does take some skill but for some it takes a lot of hardwork

Pick_DA_EAGLES

That's just it, There are no j.j.'s or k.p.'s in des arc, we haven't had a player go play any level of college football in about 3-4 years.

brown2010

THA TRUTH

Glad u stated ur ignorant position on the topic

WPWells

bleudog

Quote from: brown2010 on March 24, 2015, 03:51:04 pm
I don't care

Costello: I DON'T GIVE A DARN!
Abbott: Oh, that's our shortstop!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 24, 2015, 04:28:47 pm
Which one is ignorant?

He's just mad because mccrory has college talent, but can't win 💩💩💩💩!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas