• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prescott leaves Des Arc

Started by RabidWolf, December 19, 2014, 01:59:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Devil_Himself

And to think, I thought this was going to be a thread about the coaching change at Des Arc.

Lions84

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on December 21, 2014, 06:17:48 am
Quote from: dragondad on December 20, 2014, 10:53:00 pm
Quote from: HF on December 20, 2014, 09:28:13 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 20, 2014, 09:23:16 pm
Quote from: jdwalk on December 20, 2014, 08:45:35 pm
That is one tough conference he is heading to. Half of the final 8 in the playoffs were from that conference. Good luck!

Hes used to tough conferences, the one hes leaving also had half of the final 8.

There's no Marvell in the 4A-7...LoL...Well there is Waldron, but surely they are better than Marvell..

I think Waldron has lost nearly as many in a row as JC has won. They've had a tough go of it up there. Hoping they can get something going next season.

IIRC,  Marvell does have a state title in their program history back in the 1980s I believe.

85 or 86 They went undefeated and the late Billy Saia was their Coach.

lionfan59

Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on January 01, 2015, 04:29:25 pm
And to think, I thought this was going to be a thread about the coaching change at Des Arc.
Do we ever stay on topic?

Dayton Kitchens

It it helps, IIRC the closing date for applications is Jan. 9th, so obviously Des Arc wants someone in place as soon as possible.    Probably well before the end of basketball season if I had to guess,  meaning before the end of February at the latest.

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: lionfan59 on January 02, 2015, 01:35:36 pm
Do we ever stay on topic?

Seems like every.....single.....thread.....has a bout with Junction City arrogance.

Idoknow

January 03, 2015, 03:20:52 pm #55 Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 03:22:55 pm by Idoknow
Quote from: dragondad on December 21, 2014, 07:20:20 am
Waldron will graduate seniors this year that have never won a game. That's dedication, I feel bad for those kids and hate that they get used as a punch line.
Add Mountain Pine to this list! They both won 2 games in 2011, so I don't know who has the longest losing streak.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Idoknow on January 03, 2015, 03:20:52 pm
Waldron will graduate seniors this year that have never won a game. That's dedication, I feel bad for those kids and hate that they get used as a punch line.
Add Mountain Pine to this list! They both won 2 games in 2011, so I don't know who has the longest losing streak.

Didn't the Weyerhaeuser sawmill at Mountain Pine shut down just a few years ago?    IIRC it was the major local employer thus when it shut down it would've devastated the local economy and of course badly effected the school in the long run.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on January 03, 2015, 10:24:03 pm
Quote from: Idoknow on January 03, 2015, 03:20:52 pm

Didn't the Weyerhaeuser sawmill at Mountain Pine shut down just a few years ago?    IIRC it was the major local employer thus when it shut down it would've devastated the local economy and of course badly effected the school in the long run.

I've only passed through Mountain Pine to fish below Blakely Mountain darn on Ouachita....But besides the School and a couple convenience stores that's the only Industry I remember seeing in the town...

Lions84

Well is the boy going to Coach else where or stay at DA.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Lions84 on January 04, 2015, 07:43:30 pm
Well is the boy going to Coach else where or stay at DA.

He's going to bauxite.

Loyalfan1

How is DA school, community, etc?

Ventman

Always have good support when they come to carlisle.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Loyalfan1 on January 05, 2015, 09:35:58 am
How is DA school, community, etc?

Our schools are great, always high test scores. As for the community, there is not much else going on in des arc besides school functions.

Loyalfan1

any rumors on who lands this job?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Lions84

Prayers sent to our neighbors up the River.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas