• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Norphlet

Started by HorseFeathers, December 02, 2013, 08:49:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

Not football, but Norphlet girls basketball coach heading to Parkers Chapel to be their softball coach:

CLICK HERE

bleudog

May 30, 2014, 03:16:12 pm #51 Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 07:19:06 am by bleudog
Hootens just tweeted Norphlet will NOT field a varsity football team in 2014. 

I'm guessing they won't field a "JV" team either.  So no farewell 2A tour and open spots on 2A-8 schedules (again).

So football playing Leopards should be Buckaroos next season.  Hail Buckards or Leoparoos!  Kind of like they said in Ghostbusters:  ...dogs (buckaroos) and cats (leopards) living together... mass hysteria!. :o

BUCK FEVER

There will no name changes, Norphlet is coming to Smackover, they will be the Smackover Buckaroos...........just like when Huttig went to Strong, they are still the Strong Bulldogs.

bleudog

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on May 31, 2014, 06:11:38 pm
There will no name changes, Norphlet is coming to Smackover, they will be the Smackover Buckaroos...........just like when Huttig went to Strong, they are still the Strong Bulldogs.

Lighten up BF. ::)

cav2012

THA TRUTH

Strong-Huttig Bulldogs to be correct

Yogi

Quote from: THA TRUTH on June 01, 2014, 09:27:51 am

Like Junction City Arkansas/Louisiana to be correct  ;D

BUCK FEVER

June 01, 2014, 12:22:33 pm #57 Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 12:25:20 pm by BUCK FEVER

on paper, maybe................but  in reality,

http://www.fearlessfriday.com/school/Strong.html

all box scores say..STRONG BULLDOGS........hUTTIG IS BARLEY A WEAK MEMORY.

bleudog

June 01, 2014, 02:17:52 pm #58 Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 02:22:43 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Yogi on June 01, 2014, 11:50:06 am

Not correct.  There aren't now, and never have been, any school buildings in Junction City, LA to close as there were in Huttig and are in Norphlet.  Ward 9 is just a very small community like Wesson, Felsenthal, Faircrest, Caledonia or Calion that has always been associated with the public school closest to it.

And in going back and looking at the EDNT article linked earlier in this thread, the Norphlet Superintendent was quoted as saying a name/mascot/color change could be a possibility the new expanded Smackover board might address.  Probably won't happen though.

bleudog

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on June 01, 2014, 12:22:33 pm

CLICK HERE

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: bleudog on June 01, 2014, 02:20:29 pm

CLICK HERE

Like I said, maybe on paper....but last years score said Smackover 41 Strong 6...........noone  says Junction city  vs Strong huttig.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: bleudog on June 01, 2014, 02:17:52 pm
Quote from: Yogi on June 01, 2014, 11:50:06 am

Not correct.  There aren't now, and never have been, any school buildings in Junction City, LA to close as there were in Huttig and are in Norphlet.  Ward 9 is just a very small community like Wesson, Felsenthal, Faircrest, Caledonia or Calion that has always been associated with the public school closest to it.

And in going back and looking at the EDNT article linked earlier in this thread, the Norphlet Superintendent was quoted as saying a name/mascot/color change could be a possibility the new expanded Smackover board might address.  Probably won't happen though.

Words are cheap............that new superindentent will leave here before the mascot name changes.....he has no roots in smackover.

bleudog

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on June 02, 2014, 06:55:50 am
Words are cheap............

BF, looking at your posting history, I'll yield to your expertise on words being cheap. ;)

THA TRUTH

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on June 02, 2014, 06:53:25 am

CLICK HERE

Like I said, maybe on paper....but last years score said Smackover 41 Strong 6...........noone  says Junction city  vs Strong huttig.

Don't change the fact that the schools name is Strong-Huttig

HorseFeathers

School District names are rarely reflected in the Sports column.....

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: THA TRUTH on June 02, 2014, 11:07:32 pm

CLICK HERE

ok, so lets do this, you read the Eldorado sports page just like me, this season every saturday moring as the paper prints the box score.......everytime they print the words stong-huttig, I WILL SEND YOU 20 BUCKS............everytime they print the word STRONG..........you send me 20 bucks...OK ?

ACCORDING TO YOU YOU SHOULD BE RICH BY SEASON END.SENSE EVERYONE REFERS TO THEM BY stronghuttig......lol.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: bleudog on June 02, 2014, 09:30:14 am
Quote from: BUCK FEVER on June 02, 2014, 06:55:50 am
Words are cheap............

BF, looking at your posting history, I'll yield to your expertise on words being cheap. ;)

Please forgive me if I fail to lose sleep over your opinion.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on June 03, 2014, 07:11:09 pm

CLICK HERE

ok, so lets do this, you read the Eldorado sports page just like me, this season every saturday moring as the paper prints the box score.......everytime they print the words stong-huttig, I WILL SEND YOU 20 BUCKS............everytime they print the word STRONG..........you send me 20 bucks...OK ?

ACCORDING TO YOU YOU SHOULD BE RICH BY SEASON END.SENSE EVERYONE REFERS TO THEM BY stronghuttig......lol.

So...according to you the name printed in the sports page is the official name of the district??

bleudog

Quote from: HF on June 03, 2014, 09:19:39 pm
So...according to you the name printed in the sports page is the official name of the district??

HF, I don't know if ol' Bucky could grasp the concept of Rison not being the name of the school district in which it's located:  CLICK HERE

And this one would really blow his mind:  CLICK HERE 

Of course the latter is the most creative example of consolidation without consolidating in the history of the 350 rule.

bleudog

June 04, 2014, 07:22:43 am #69 Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 07:28:49 am by bleudog
Quote from: bleudog on May 30, 2014, 03:16:12 pm
Hootens just tweeted Norphlet will NOT field a varsity football team in 2014. 

Here's the EDNT version:  CLICK HERE

bleudog

and here's one just for bucky:  CLICK HERE  ;)

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: bleudog on June 04, 2014, 07:28:19 am
and here's one just for bucky:  CLICK HERE  ;)

Back atcha Bluboy..............

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/strong-bulldogs-%28strong,ar%29/basketball/home.htm

BUCK FEVER

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on June 03, 2014, 07:11:09 pm

CLICK HERE

Of course not, just saying noone will refer to these teams any other way than the STRONG BULLDOGS OR THE SMACKOVER BUCKAROOS................my whole point was the mascot name will not change......this was only after the heckling from the peabrains...............leaparoos,??? remember ??

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: bleudog on June 03, 2014, 09:53:05 pm

HF, I don't know if ol' Bucky could grasp the concept of Rison not being the name of the school district in which it's located:  CLICK HERE

And this one would really blow his mind:  CLICK HERE 

Of course the latter is the most creative example of consolidation without consolidating in the history of the 350 rule.

Oh, you mean this one ?

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/taylor-tigers-%28taylor,ar%29/baseball/home.htm

bleudog

June 04, 2014, 09:23:43 am #75 Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 10:09:47 am by bleudog
Bucky, you're wound up way too tight. I'm concerned if you don't take a deep breath you might end hurting yourself. The 2A Board is obviously a little more laid back than what you're used to.  Loosen up and get a little positive karma heading your direction. What Arkansas School District #39 ends up calling itself is up to them and doesn't have a thing to do with the price of eggs.

Good luck to the Norphlet community as they annex/consolidate into their new school district.  If Bucky is representative of what they'll find when they get there, it might be more of a challenge than they expected.

bleudog

Strickland's comments on the growth of his football team:  CLICK HERE

cuz

Quote from: bleudog on June 05, 2014, 07:25:10 am
Strickland's comments on the growth of his football team:  CLICK HERE
Those extra bodies could make a difference this year.............

NWA Hawg

Is Norphlet even having a basketball team this year? Haven't seen where they have hired or for that matter even looking for a coach.

BigLion10

Fann they consolidated with smackover

NWA Hawg

I think they are still open one more year though

bleudog

June 09, 2014, 07:22:14 am #81 Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 07:25:10 am by bleudog
Quote from: fann07 on June 08, 2014, 11:12:00 pm
Is Norphlet even having a basketball team this year? Haven't seen where they have hired or for that matter even looking for a coach.

Quote from: BigLion10 on June 09, 2014, 01:10:10 am
Fann they consolidated with smackover

Quote from: fann07 on June 09, 2014, 06:20:24 am
I think they are still open one more year though

As I understand the arrangement, Norphlet High School will exist for one more school year (2014-2015).  NHS will have the option to field athletic teams during that year.  If a NHS team doesn't exist, NHS students will be eligible to participate in that sport, in Smackover for the '14-'15 year. 

The call was made and the NHS football is history.  I haven't heard the status of the boys or girls basketball team.  I'd guess there will be one more year of Leopard basketball as well as Leopard baseball and Leopard softball.

bleudog

EDNT article on the Norphlet football players:  CLICK HERE

bleudog

April 04, 2015, 10:00:36 am #83 Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 10:07:22 am by bleudog
This was posted on Facebook about an hour ago (9:00 am April 4th):

The "John" referenced is John Gross.  He was the longtime superintendent at Parkers Chapel and took the Smackover-Norphlet assistant superintendent (interim Norphlet superintendent) job after having retired from PC.

Wilson

Hate to hear that. . . hope there was no foul play involved also

bleudog

EDNT article on the fire:  CLICK HERE

bleudog

EDNT follow up article on the fire:  CLICK HERE

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas