• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 - 5A FINAL MONEY POLL

Started by 3 Dollar, May 15, 2016, 07:11:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Dollar

1...Vilonia
2...Greenbrier
3...De Queen
4...Jacksonville
5...Paragould
6...Greene County Tech
7...Valley View
8...Beebe
9...White Hall
10..Farmington

Hank Hawk

1. Vilonia
2. Greenbrier
3. Jacksonville
4. DeQueen

vtown1

Jacksonville certainly put up more of a fight in their semi-final than DeQueen did.

Forrest City H

DeQueen has a good team that can handle most of their competition - but they had the misfortune of running into a much superior Vilonia team the past 2 years in the semi-finals, getting drubbed by a total of 22-2. 

justin1a2

I wasn't impressed with Dequeen all weekend.  Batesville had every chance in the world to beat them Thursday.  Green County Tech had Greenbrier beat.  I bet their coach wanted to puck.  Vilonia was impressive

Panthers44

Gct is young only had one senior so should a team to watch out for in next few years!

sevenof400

Quote from: justin1a2 on May 17, 2016, 07:47:29 am
I wasn't impressed with Dequeen all weekend.  Batesville had every chance in the world to beat them Thursday.  Green County Tech had Greenbrier beat.  I bet their coach wanted to puck.  Vilonia was impressive

Scotty Bowman wanna be?  ;D

bobcat81

Quote from: Panthers44 on May 17, 2016, 06:49:22 pm
Gct is young only had one senior so should a team to watch out for in next few years!
Greenbrier likewise. Only one senior on the team this year, with several sophomores and freshmen getting much playing time, including their staring pitcher(s). 

chifan

Quote from: Panthers44 on May 17, 2016, 06:49:22 pm

The lone senior did not play varsity (except for the Blytheville games). They will return everybody for 2017. Their core group will all be juniors next season.

Panthers44

They shouldve won this year as sophmores so look out!

mustanglion73

Quote from: Panthers44 on May 18, 2016, 09:42:20 pm
They shouldve won this year as sophmores so look out!

I shoulda been a billionaire by now too but....

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: mustanglion73 on May 19, 2016, 12:01:16 pm
I shoulda been a billionaire by now too but....

SHOULDA
COULDA
WOULDA

DIDN'T

way2go

May 19, 2016, 03:32:42 pm #12 Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 03:38:53 pm by way2go

mustanglion73

Any updates on the Vilonia/Greenbrier game?

BLUEBLOOD

Middle of 8th inning:

Vilonia 5
Greenbrier 4

VHSCoach2

Vilonia 5, Greenbrier 4 - Final/8

Back-to-back titles for Vilonia.

Vteagle

How bout dem Lady Eagles....State Champs/Back to Back!!!  Lost the Battle(conf) a week or so ago, won the WAR!!!!!  Great job Eagles and what an awesome game!  Congrats to GB as well for playing hard!

sevenof400

Anyone care to share any game details?

Forrest City H

Greenbrier scores early, 1st inning up 1-0.  Sydney Wader RBI in the 3rd ties it 1-1, then Vilonia adds two more in the 4th to lead 3-1.  Vilonia with 3 straight fielding errors in the 6th allows Greenbrier to tie it at 3-3.  Vilonia goes back up 4-3 in the top of the 7th, only to see Greenbrier tie it at 4-4 after being down to their last strike.  Sydney Wader with a 2-out RBI single puts Vilonia up 5-4 in the 8th....then pitches a strikeout to end the game with Greenbrier runners on 2nd & 3rd.  What a game.  Whew! 

Vilonia wins their 3rd class 5A state softball title in the last 10 years.  Congrats Lady Eagles!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas