• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5a State predictions

Started by Panthers44, May 11, 2016, 09:36:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Panthers44

3 Dollar

This could be any of four or five teams.  Whichever one is playing the best at the right times.  In no particular order:

Greenbrier
White Hall
Farmington
De Queen
Vilonia

vtown1

I agree with 3 Dollar but would add Jacksonville as the dark horse team.

BLUEBLOOD

Kind of unfortunate that DQ and Vilonia wound up on same side of bracket.  For most of the season, that seemed like the matchup for Bogle park.  White Hall got a good draw, but still have some good teams to beat.

jonesborohog

Valley View 1 White Hall 0

8 innings

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: jonesborohog on May 13, 2016, 07:49:16 am
Valley View 1 White Hall 0

8 innings

So much for my theory that White Hall could be playing next weekend in Bogle.  Anything can happen.  That's what makes it great!!!

chifan

Greene County Tech     3
Greenbrier                   4     8 innings

:(

Forrest City H

DeQueen over Beebe 6-1
Vilonia run-ruled Paragould 11-0
Jax over Valley View 4-1

justin1a2

Green County Tech had the game won. Tough loss

bobcat81

Pulling for the Faulkner County teams today - Greenbrier and Vilonia.  Each have been in the semis 6 out of the past 8 years with Greenbrier advancing to the championship game twice (one championship) and Vilonia three times (one championship).  But never advancing to the championship game to play each other.  Let's see if it can happen this year. 

bobcat81

Greenbrier 3
Jacksonville 1
FINAL

bobcat81

Vilonia 12
DeQueen 2
FINAL

Vilonia vs. Greenbrier in championship game.

Forrest City H

if you include an extra year, and go back 9 years, Vilonia's semi-final run would be 7 of 9, and two state championships, as they won the 5A state championship in 2007 with a 2-1 win over Beebe. 

The Faulkner County rivals had differing paths to this year's finals in their quarterfinal & semi-final games.  Greenbrier pulled off a stunning comeback over GCT after being down 3-0 and then down to their last strike to win 4-3, then beat Jacksonville 3-1.  Vilonia has outscored their opponents this week 33-2, including double-digit wins over two #1 seeds. 

Head to head this season, they have split 4 games, with Greenbrier winning 2-1 and 8-7, and Vilonia winning 2-0 and 6-5.  Of course, their 5th meeting in Fayetteville will be the only one that matters!  Should be a great one. 

bobcat81

Quote from: Forrest City H on May 14, 2016, 11:59:32 pm
if you include an extra year, and go back 9 years, Vilonia's semi-final run would be 7 of 9, and two state championships, as they won the 5A state championship in 2007 with a 2-1 win over Beebe. 

The Faulkner County rivals had differing paths to this year's finals in their quarterfinal & semi-final games.  Greenbrier pulled off a stunning comeback over GCT after being down 3-0 and then down to their last strike to win 4-3, then beat Jacksonville 3-1.  Vilonia has outscored their opponents this week 33-2, including double-digit wins over two #1 seeds. 

Head to head this season, they have split 4 games, with Greenbrier winning 2-1 and 8-7, and Vilonia winning 2-0 and 6-5.  Of course, their 5th meeting in Fayetteville will be the only one that matters!  Should be a great one.
I was only going back to 2009, which are the years I am most familiar with, so was commenting on the 8 seasons of 2009-2016.  I should have used seasons rather than years in my comments.  Going back to 2007, and including 2016, would be 10 seasons.  But still impressive for Vilonia nonetheless. 

My comments were really more about the strong showing by both these Faulkner County conference rivals since 2009 with one or the other reaching the semis every one of those seasons.  In four of those seasons both reached the semis, but never to play each other as since 2010 they were on opposite sides because one or the other was conference champ and the other was second, and they couldn't reach the championship game in the same year, until now.   :)

Yes, different margins of victory but still wins.  The four split games between them have all been close. I'll disagree just a little, the championship game is not the only one that matters, as I think a conference championship does mean something.  But it is certainly the one that matters most and the one that will be talked about for years to come.  We'll see on Friday who has bragging rights  :)   

Forrest City H

Congrats Vilonia Lady Eagles on their 3rd 5A state championship the last 10 years!     5-4 in 8 innings over Greenbrier - what a great, exciting state title game!!   

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas