• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whats the gas price in your town?

Started by Lions84, October 03, 2005, 10:20:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jacketpride07

busta

A recent rport said that the price of gas is due to supply and demand and that the prices had nothing to do with crisis or was in the middle east.  It is estimated that the USA consumes 3+ Million gallons of fuel a day and the production is about 2 Million gallons per day.  I have a solution:  If people would not buy gas from the major producer of gas - Exxon/Mobile - for a period of time, then they would begin to have a surplus.  Once they have a surplus, the price will come down so they can get rid of it and then everyone else will lower their prices because of the competition.  Afterall, Exxon/MObile reported a 2+ Billion dollar profit for the last quarter.  I have stopped buying Exxon gas!

fluffymomma

arkansashooper

i heard today that the highest price for gas in the US is in san fransisco, ca . . .$3.49 per gallon!!!!!  WOW!!!!!  insane!!!!!  can you say. . .WALK!!!!!

Lions84

The Greenie Tree Huggers attempt to save the enviroment has come back to bite us all in the backside.  The OIL companies have not build a new refinery in the USA in over 20 years.  Thanks Tree HUGGERS!

fluffymomma

Quote from: Lions84 on May 07, 2007, 02:22:09 pm
The Greenie Tree Huggers attempt to save the enviroment has come back to bite us all in the backside.  The OIL companies have not build a new refinery in the USA in over 20 years.  Thanks Tree HUGGERS!

I don't care what anyone says...I'm using more than one square...  The gas prices are horrible.  I can remember paying .35/gal.... I know I'm old...

Lions84

Quote from: fluffymomma on May 07, 2007, 02:24:44 pm
The Greenie Tree Huggers attempt to save the environment has come back to bite us all in the backside.  The OIL companies have not build a new refinery in the USA in over 20 years.  Thanks Tree HUGGERS!

I don't care what anyone says...I'm using more than one square...  The gas prices are horrible.  I can remember paying .35/gal.... I know I'm old...

Not too bad I remember my dad paying that  The cheapest I ever bought was about 62 cents when Highway Oil and Papma Oil in Stuttgart got into a gas war back in 1982.

fluffymomma

Quote from: Lions84 on May 07, 2007, 02:56:58 pm
Quote from: fluffymomma on May 07, 2007, 02:24:44 pm
The Greenie Tree Huggers attempt to save the environment has come back to bite us all in the backside.  The OIL companies have not build a new refinery in the USA in over 20 years.  Thanks Tree HUGGERS!

Not too bad I remember my dad paying that  The cheapest I ever bought was about 62 cents when Highway Oil and Papma Oil in Stuttgart got into a gas war back in 1982.

Hey...my fingers weren't agreeing with my mind again...I meant to type .55/gal...sorry.  It was in the late 70's.  I started driving at 15...

former pioneer

The gas companies have cut back production to drive up the price. Remember the law of supply and demand. They are artificially controlling the price by keeping the supply low.

busta

I wonder how a new presidential administration will effect gas prices.  I know that Bush has made his wealth by interest in the oil and gas industry.

RD™

Quote from: busta on May 07, 2007, 09:42:04 pm
I wonder how a new presidential administration will effect gas prices.  I know that Bush has made his wealth by interest in the oil and gas industry.
No he hasn't. Oil refinires are damaged, and can not meet the needs of the summer, that is why Gas is going up. Everyone is quick to blame the President on everything.

not ray

The boss normally gets the blame.  Whether or not he as any fault is up to argument.  Fact is prices are skyrocketed to the point where 2 dollars feels like a bargain.  Any President should be concerned with this.  It is not good for the American public at all.  The eventuality of this is that if the gas does not find a stopping point things are going to get very bad.  I suggest that maybe they should look very hard and deep at finding a solution. 

RD™

The reserves need to be released, 4.00/gallon will cause a revolt in this country.

Quite Frankly

May 07, 2007, 10:36:51 pm #1363 Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 10:45:30 pm by Quite Frankly
One arm & One leg will get you a gallon at the Wal-Mart in Rogers.

not ray

This is bad because if it gets to 4 what keeps it from going to 5?  As a sitting President who had an approval rating I would certainly be keenly aware of the affects it could have on my successor.  I know I would hate to be the President who had the distinction of being in office when gas went from a $1.50 to nearly $ during my tenure. 

fluffymomma

Quote from: Special Delivery Jones on May 07, 2007, 10:42:52 pm
This is bad because if it gets to 4 what keeps it from going to 5?  As a sitting President who had an approval rating I would certainly be keenly aware of the affects it could have on my successor.  I know I would hate to be the President who had the distinction of being in office when gas went from a $1.50 to nearly $ during my tenure. 

Ahhh...$1.50...those were the days!!

BillyJack™

Quote from: fluffymomma on May 08, 2007, 04:38:01 am

I agree, but I remember a time when you take two 6-packs of empty pop bottles down to the local store and get enough gas to fill the mini bike, buy a pop with a candy bar and still get change back. Now those were the days!

fluffymomma

Quote from: BillyJack on May 08, 2007, 06:58:42 am
Quote from: fluffymomma on May 08, 2007, 04:38:01 am

I agree, but I remember a time when you take two 6-packs of empty pop bottles down to the local store and get enough gas to fill the mini bike, buy a pop with a candy bar and still get change back. Now those were the days!

I remember those days too.....had a Honda mini trail....and those bottle tops helped out with lots of fun....

key_stone12

justin_njhs09

PHIL IS MY HERO aka RTVM

Quote from: RD on May 07, 2007, 10:29:13 pm
Quote from: busta on May 07, 2007, 09:42:04 pm
No he hasn't. Oil refinires are damaged, and can not meet the needs of the summer, that is why Gas is going up. Everyone is quick to blame the President on everything.

actually he has.  I don't want to rain on your parade, but the bush family was at one time the LARGEST single family stockholders of exxon stock.  That was before the exxon mobile merger.  But nonetheless, it isn't his fault. 

You can sit here and say this supply and demand is the reason, but that has NOTHING to do with the price of fuel.  When someone can buy gas and crude on the futures market, driving up the price, then sell it, NEVER to have to take delivery of said purchase, that creates a false need for fuel, thus driving up the price. 

basically, they buy barrels of crude, raising the price, then selling the barrels for profit.  this created a false need for fuel, and the prices are then inflated.  But they never have to take delivery of what was purchased. 

And, I would quit buying Citgo, before I quit buying exxon.  The idiot Chavez should be put in his place.  And this is coming from a guy that my inlaws own almost 100 Citgo stores!!!

jackfan1™

I saw a three wheeled "bike tryke" for sale at the flea market last week. It had the big old Pee Wee Herman handle bars and a large wire basket on the back.

Sad to say, I ACTUALLY looked at that silly thing....but decided even I am not THAT eccentric yet. 8) Plus, I couldn't imagine how hard it would be to pedal it up and down all these hills!

(It did sell....I saw a couple wheeling it out.)

beegirl0

Quote from: jackfan1 on May 08, 2007, 12:14:13 pm
I saw a three wheeled "bike tryke" for sale at the flea market last week. It had the big old Pee Wee Herman handle bars and a large wire basket on the back.

Sad to say, I ACTUALLY looked at that silly thing....but decided even I am not THAT eccentric yet. 8) Plus, I couldn't imagine how hard it would be to pedal it up and down all these hills!

Yall have a weird bike fixation and/or collection going on up there. I remember this summer, while we were down at the flea market, two OLD men wheeled away a 2-seater bike. Now that was a funny site, the poor old men couldn't even get on the dern thing.  ;D

Lions84

Dropped in Cleburne TX at the HEB to 2:78.9 :o

jackfan1™

Quote from: beegirl0 on May 08, 2007, 12:23:38 pm

Yall have a weird bike fixation and/or collection going on up there. I remember this summer, while we were down at the flea market, two OLD men wheeled away a 2-seater bike. Now that was a funny site, the poor old men couldn't even get on the dern thing.  ;D

Y'ALL?!

Hey now.... >:(

I LIVE in Appalachia......I am NOT Appalachia!

I forgot about that  tandem bike. If you move here, I could buy one and you could help me pedal.
Hyuk....like I KNOW that is going to happen. ;)

The bikes are not as goofy as your Aunt T. and I puttering to the General Store on her tractor to buy a Coke when I was in high school.

Yes......we did. More than once. 8)

beegirl0

Quote from: jackfan1 on May 08, 2007, 12:50:23 pm
Quote from: beegirl0 on May 08, 2007, 12:23:38 pm

Y'ALL?!

Hey now.... >:(

I LIVE in Appalachia......I am NOT Appalachia!

I forgot about that  tandem bike. If you move here, I could buy one and you could help me pedal.
Hyuk....like I KNOW that is going to happen. ;)

The bikes are not as goofy as your Aunt T. and I puttering to the General Store on her tractor to buy a Coke when I was in high school.

Yes......we did. More than once. 8)

Those were back in the good ole' days.....
way before gas was $3/gallon at least :)

bbpanther08

as of last night, we have gas here in cabot for 2.76 a gallon. it sucked cause i only had 20 bucks so i couldnt fill up my truck... it usually costs bout 60-70 bucks.

Miner Nation

As of May 10, its $2.77 a gallon in Bryant.

amehr36

Well it was $3.09 a gallon in Tulsa today.  Some others were still holding on to $2.99, but im sure by tomorrow they will all be together.

Miner Nation

I should have noted that $2.77 was the cheapest and $2.93 was the most expensive.  I am sure it will rise towards Memorial Day.

Lions84

$2:65 at the Chevron in Godley Tx today   I guess I gass up there after work today.

CHSTigersFan

$3.17 in Charleston today. On the way to work most everywhere was $2.99 but every station is over $3 now

Miner Nation

Fuel prices in Bryant jumped from $2.77 yesterday to $2.85 today.  That is the cheapest price.

bbpanther08

1-Adam-12

3.17 in Booneville too.

Rickin' fridiculous.   >:(

SingleWingGuru

3.26 in the high plains of nebraska

E85 is 2.65  :)

bbpanther08

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: bbpanther08 on May 11, 2007, 06:55:16 pm
what is E85?

The future fuel for cars.

Made with fermented corn... called ethanol.  It is renewable, feeds and clothes farmers, only gives off C02(none of the nasty crud that gas does), and is cheap.

The corn states up here use it quite a bit.

Miner Nation

A mix of unleaded fuel and Ethyl Alcohol.

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: Miner Nation on May 11, 2007, 06:57:47 pm
A mix of unleaded fuel and Ethyl Alcohol.

E85 itself isn't much of a mix at all.   The good majority of it is ethanol.

They also have some stuff that is 10% mix.  It is a few cents cheaper than regular gas.

Personally, my unflex fuel adapt car, i use 3/4 E85 and 1/4 regular gas when I fill up.

RD™

3.12 in Greenwood. I can't take much more of this sheet.

wynneaholic©

jbell96

$3.40 at the McChord AFB Gas Station.

RD™

jbell96

It actually up to $4.00 in Seattle from what a friend told me.

Miner Nation

Fuel prices in Bryant rose another 4 cents today to $2.89.  It was $2.77 just two days ago. 

WILLN107

I got gas today in Bentonville for a whopping 3.19.9

hoghigh

key_stone12

justin_njhs09

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas